TJ09

2019-04-27 - April Dragon Release

Posted (edited)

Skysilk sounds cool...but I'm now waiting for pygmies to mature because Skysilk isn't my cup of tea. But sprite is good!

Edit:

I start to like them for some reason. So cute! OvO XD

Edited by Cyberr
changing opinion

Love the wings and tail of the Skysilk. Thanks for making it, Process!

Posted (edited)

Mariner Pygmies! Congratulations Infinis!

First thought: Are they based on albatrosses?

Edited by scalesofgrey

Skysilk is such a pretty name, their design is not entirely my cup of tea, though. That being said, love their colours!

The Mariner pygmies are adorable :wub: The wings are gorgeous and I love the thing around their head (frills, beard?), makes them look so cute!

Oh, the pygmy is just as good, I need to catch more of them. What a great release! 

Thank you Process and Infinis!

Nice pygmies, imagine they’ll go well with seawyrm and kyanite pygmies! The skysilks are a bit busy for my taste, but the posing and colours in themselves looks very cool! 😉

Yeah, not a fan of Skysilk but the Mariner looks quite alright. Pretty average release this time.

Congrats to the artists for getting their dragons into the game. :)

The SKysilks are magnificent, glad I was able to catch a bunch of them!

WISH I could find a mate for my lone Mariner pygmy, tho...

Oooo, the Skysilk is gorgeous but a bit blurry? It's a busy sprite but hard to see? :"3 The new dragons are ofc fabulous! It's just a thing I noticed. I have 3 so maybe I'll get lucky with the genders? XD

The Mariner pgymy is kind of... meh. Very generic looking. 

Much prefer the Skysilk but they're rather busy.

Cool sprites!  Thanks TJ and the artists!

Both look great, love them! 😍 Will have to get some more Skysilks! 

I adore these! The Mariner Pygmy reminds me of an Albatross, which is a beautiful birb. Great job, spiters! Super super cool.

My albatross children have grown, yay ❤️ 

Love the skysilk as always, gonna make me some nice lineages with that one.

Posted (edited)

Question for the artist.

Are Skysilks inspired by kites? Cus they kind of remind me of them!

Edited by JavaTigress

The pygmy is cute!  Love it!  I love the skysilk colors, but have trouble finding the head.  I find this to be true on other pixel pet websites, too--finding the head of the creature.  That's my only constructive crit to the artists--please take special care making sure I can find the head!  Love both of these--nice additions, nice descriptions!

I like how simple and understated the pygmy is, I really like the colors. The Skysilk... Maybe I'll get used to it the longer I stare at it? It's just so *busy*, wow. It's hard to figure out what exactly everything is because there are so many colors and so much going on (what is that blue bit on it's shoulder, is that an extension of the mane or 'fleecy crown'?). 

The Skysilk female looks good.  I'm waiting for the male sprite though, to make a final decision.  Yep the Mariners are a modest sprite, but have great lineage potential.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

The Skysilk female looks good.  I'm waiting for the male sprite though, to make a final decision.  Yep the Mariners are a modest sprite, but have great lineage potential.

Since there are only two dragons each for the new breeds, it's very likely that each one only has a single adult sprite.

2 Sprites = 1 adult, 1 mature hatchling (no dimorphism)

3 Sprites = 2 adults, 1 mature hatchling (dimorphism in adults only)

4 Sprites = 2 adults, 2 mature hatchlings (dimorphism in both stages)

Edit to add: I like both new dragons! I think the Skysilks will make for some interesting lineages with the right mates. I have some ideas but I'll have to play around with a lineage viewer. And I'm always excited for new Pygmies to work with, the neutral color scheme on these makes me think they will play nicely in a lot of lineages, and I love the "sea bird" theme.

Edited by GhostMouse

2 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Since there are only two dragons each for the new breeds, it's very likely that each one only has a single adult sprite.

2 Sprites = 1 adult, 1 mature hatchling (no dimorphism)

3 Sprites = 2 adults, 1 mature hatchling (dimorphism in adults only)

4 Sprites = 2 adults, 2 mature hatchlings (dimorphism in both stages)

Thanks for the tip.✌👀

Oh wow, the skysilks are to me one of the most gorgeous dragons of the site! I'm glad I got so many of those already^^