AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Sam held on to one of the side railings of the sleigh when Jach had the horses start moving again and as they wound their way back around the town. She took her hand off of the railing only after they had parked and it was in front of a big toy store. “Yes that sounds like a good idea,” she said in reply before smiling as she watched Helena get up into the driver’s seat and got into his lap afterward before hearing one of the boy’s questions. Her smile got a bit bigger at that before she and the kids were helped down from the sleigh and then she started to lead the way into the shop.

Jach went into the shop with the kids, Gorgie went to the model cars and the dirigibles on display, Tom went to the ships and books, Helena, now on Jach's shoulders used his hair to lead him to the stuffed dolls and girly things while Dawn had simply stopped by some carving tools studying then intently before moving on to colorful marbles and stones. 

Sam followed after them and noticed Dawn’s interest in the carving tools and picked up a kit before noticing where the other kids and Jach went. She saw that Dawn was now where the marbles and stones were before catching up with Jach and Helena where the dolls and other girly things were.

Jach had grabbed a little stuffed  black and purple dragon that Helena was admiring before and had it behind his back as they looked at baby things. "Baby's need a rattle!" Jach chuckled. "No not really dear but they need this, a teething ring. It helps them grow in teeth. And because he's like me, he'd definitely have some sharp chompers soon. How about you pick out his first sleeping toy?" He set her down with one arm and gave her a gentle push in the direction of the baby stuffed toys. 

Sam went over to where Jach and Helena were near the baby toys were and also looked at a few of them before following after them to where the stuffed toys were to look at a few of those as well. She had heard what he had said earlier in reply to what Helena had said regarding babies needing a rattle and thought they actually needed them when they were a bit older than a newborn but didn’t say anything. She picked up a stuffed animal for him when she got to the aisle where they were and then just waited for the other two.

Jach handed her the dragon stuff toy and then slipped her a purse to get the things as the boys came over talking about a cool kite and birdhouse making kit jach winked at her so she would go get them as he helped the little ones pick gifts for the baby. 

Sam took the dragon stuffed toy he handed to her as well as the purse before hearing when both Georgie and Tom came back and told Jach about the things they found. She saw his wink and she nodded, going to get the things they were talking about and then heading towards the register to pay for the carving knife set, kite and birdhouse making kit shortly afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

After she went to the sleigh to tuck the gifts out of sight he brought the kids and their baby gifts to the counter and paid for those too. He let Dawn carry the box to the sleigh and helped them get on squinting at the clock about a mile away in the town square. With a huff he asked a passerby for the time and realizing that they it was nearly four, close to sundown, they had to get back home soon. "We'll go clothes shopping tomorrow little lambs, get in and we'll go back home. 

"But we got time! " Tom said looking longingly at a pale blue velvet suit in a window. 

"I don't have time. What you saw earlier was only seen by you and my wife from the circumstances that you are in. To put it simply, those who no longer carry a heartbeat could see me, or are special like Sam. But at night, that side can be seen by all. It is not something that I would like to experience again child." He said.

All four kids still look confused but got in at his darkened tone used on the last sentence. 

When everyone was on and they were on their way home up the mountain and away from the crowd he explained to make things clearer. "People don't know I am a demon. Those who do make deals with me for a bit of power of some kind, but that's not important. When I transform during the day, even when it's cloudy like this, I am invisible to normal people, bit can be seen by sprits or other demons until I return to human form. Now at night, I am forced into my demon form because my power grows in darkness. I cannot hide it from people. So, at dusk I go home so nobody can see me as a demon and be afraid of me. " He said softly. 

"What happens if people see you like that?" Asked Gorgie.

Jach was quiet the rest of the way up the hill and stopped at the gate. "The last time someone saw me, they stabbed me many times and set my house on fire. See that pile of rubble down the slope? That was my first home. I live for a very, very long time and I don't get to die. I can feel pain like I am dieing but I will never die.  " He said sniffling as the gate swung open in silence.  "It makes it hurt more if they where someone you loved and trusted. You understand that don't you?"  The kids were very quiet the rest of the way up the  driveway, getting out as he stopped in the court yard at the door. Abigail came out to help with the kids and Carlos came to tend to the horses. 

Sam went out to the sleigh after paying for the items and tucked the bag for them out of sight under the bench where she would be sitting with the kids and sat down, waiting for Jach and the young ones to come back out of the store. She smiled at them in greeting when they emerged and the kids got back up into the sleigh with her before Jach started to have it head back towards the castle.

It was on their way back that she heard the conversation between Tom, Georgie, and Jach regarding what happened when it was dusk and his full demon form made itself known while also normal people could see him like that. She sighed a bit sadly when she heard the last bit of what he said when he was trying to clarify what he had said earlier which had made the kids a bit confused, feeling sorry that that had happened to him and still wishing that she had known him back then to help him with any depression that he might have felt.

She didn’t say anything, though as they went through the gate and went up the drive of the castle but did greet Abi and Carlos with small smiles when they came out to help them. She then led the kids inside after taking the bag out from under the bench but kept it off to the side where they couldn’t see it and ask questions. She’d wrap them later after they were in bed but would bring it up to her and Jach’s room to keep it there for now.

Jach went in and up to the bedroom getting into his pajamas, letting his wings and tails show as the sun sank below the horizon. He stood in the bathroom touching a faint scar on his neck from where he was hit multiple times with a blunt axe. He heaved a sigh and slipped on a robe slippers and wool foot and hand wraps on his clawed appandeges then took his knitting needles and a bag of yarn down to the first floor of the library and sat in the quiet knitting with small round glasses sat on his nose, the kind held on with a chain and just sit there with no ear  rests.

Sam led the kids to the rooms that they’d be sleeping in before getting dressed into a nightgown and then bringing the bag with the purchases from earlier to her and Jach’s shared room, setting it down before going downstairs. She saw Jach in the library knitting and went to sit next to him before resting her head on the side of his left leg/upper thigh. “Are you okay dear?” she asked as she peaked up at him through her bangs.

He stopped knitting what looked like a sweater in a lovely forest green with a brown spot that was steadily growing, he paused with his hand hovering over the brown yarn in his bag. "It. It will be a while for my heart to heal. Are....are you okay hearing about my other five brides? " He said softly going quite. "If the little ones are ready for dinner we can eat then put them to bed and then we can talk about them. I just... I just need to get off of my chest. So I can get used to speaking with you about my feelings and past experiences, share them with you. Get some hundred or so years of bottled up emotional baggage off my chest. "

“I’m sorry to hear that. Yes of course if it’ll help,” she said in reply to his first statement and question before hearing the rest of what he said afterward. “I can go ask them and okay. That sounds like a good idea especially if you’ve been carrying all that around with you for that many years. Maybe while you talk about them and I listen, I can wrap the things for the kids that they wanted and what they got for Zander and then put them under the tree so that I can multitask. I’m a really good listener.”

Edited by SkySong278

"That sounds nice.  I'll stay here and take my dinner in here. I want to work on this sweater." He said pulling out the yarn he needed and started to knit some more. "Just need to calm down. I do this to relax. "  He said softly and leaned down to kiss her tenderly . He then set his knitting aside, pulled her against his chest and kissed her deeply with a hum. "This is also relaxing too. A few minutes and we'll go give the kids a warm bath and get them down to dinner. Can I feed Zander?" He asked nose near her neck and cuddling with her planting a kiss on her neck, cheek or lips every moment or two. 

“Okay and I’ll eat with the kids in the dining room,” she said before hearing his other statement regarding knitting being relaxing for him. She nodded before he leaned down and gave her a tender kiss on the lips which she returned. She then kissed him back just as deeply as he did her after he pulled her close to his chest and also let out a content hum when it was over. “I agree it is. Okay sounds like a plan. Of course,” she said in reply before letting out another couple of content hums when she felt his nose close to her neck as well as him cuddling her and the kisses he left every couple of minutes or so on her cheek, neck, and lips.

He kissed her one more time before letting her go so she could eat and get the kids returning to his knitting. "I'll see you in a little bit. " He said with a smile then continued to knit peacefully. 

She kissed him back before pouting a bit after he pulled away. “Aw you big tease. Yes see you in a bit,” she said before kissing him on the cheek and then going to get the kids in the bath and then bringing them downstairs to the dining room to eat eat dinner after they were dried and dressed.

Jach took his meal in blissful silence, enjoying it slowly as he  worked on the sweater. He lost track of time and didn't move even when it was time to put the kids to bed. 

Sam ate her dinner with the kids and then put them to bed before bringing the bag with the gift purchases that they had gotten earlier downstairs along with Zander. She brought them both to the room where Jach was still in before getting out the wrapping paper, scissors, and tape and bringing them back to that room after laying the baby down on the floor. She then started to wrap the purchases, humming softly to herself as she did so.

Edited by SkySong278

He continued to knit listening to her hum as his tail curled around her waist. "I had five brides before you. The first one was named Psyche. She was a Greek,her parents still belived in the old gods and knew she was beautiful the moment she was born. She lived up to the mythos of Cupid and her namesake. We courted for a year and a half before I asked her to be my bride. A few weeks before our wedding day, I found her gutted by War who was drunk and in a rage and she got in his way. Sixteen other people died that night too." He said softly finishing off a row and starting a new one. 

He was quiet for another moment before talking again. "Second was Aria. She was African a voodoo pristess of her tribe. She was powerful and can see me for who I was right away. However, her tribe found out about my visits due to one of my sisters Eris spreading roomers about her and she was stoned to death for practicing dark magic. " Another period of silence.

"Third was Glenda. A swedish girl. She was a sweet woman, loved to cook, always smelled like cookies and peppermint, had the most lovely calf brown eyes and golden hair and the best cinnamon rolls I have ever tasted in my life... She thought I was a kind country boy, and I went along with that, but when it got serious I told her I own a company that was well known and was a prince at the time and she called it off unable to handle the pressure in the moment but said she'd think on it. I went traveling for a while giving her time to think and when I came back when work allowed me to three years later she was already married and had two kids and one on the way. ...." Another pause.

"Fourth I met here. Diana was her name. Tall, dark hair and pale skin with dragon red lips she was like Snow White. Her I was more cautious about. I started to keep my courtings secret from my family. However Envy found out somehow and murdered her in front of me, then I fought him for a few months straight until War came in and they cut my wings off..." He said rubbing his back where his scars where. 

"Then two hundred years before you I met my last consort. She was a wild one an I kept our courtship under wraps quite well. It wasn't until someone spotted me shifting in a alley and rumors started to fly did she break into my bedroom and saw my true self. She ran from the house, gathered the people in the town and formed a mob. She returned with a stake and a silver dagger, stabbed me multiple times as the people burned down my house and killed my beloved pets and crew that where living people I highered at the time. However when they found my body by morning I was human again, she got arrested and put in jail for murder and instilling panic then later  was hanged for her crime while I was buried and healing. " He said. "Her name.... Was Gabrielle. Out of all of them, she was the one I got really attached to. I wanted a wife so I found people I could grow affectionate twords  over the years. Ones I enjoyed the company of. I was still quite young with the first four, and was just trying to look for someone to fill the empty space in my life and bed. Gabrielle wasn't...... Planned. We met at a ball, I was still in great pain from the loss of my wings and angry at my family. She made me laugh within minutes when I hadn't even cracked a smile in two centuries. The anger, the pain, the loneliness... They all faded when she was close by. " He said softly. His tail tightened around her waist. 

"I was going to swear off a queen until I got the invitation to a eighteenth birthday. My company was to cater for the party. It was a costume party, I had on a jackalope mask and the belle of the ball had on a angel costume. The moment I saw her.... I fell head over tail in love but I knew I had to keep my distance or else my family would know, and harm her. So I sent her poems, chocolate, swords, and flowers for four years and then found out that she was going to be married to a great red beastly man because I was too busy writing horrible poetry and managing my trading company to see that her hand was up for marriage finally." He said softly with a smile and looked at her over his little glasses. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

She finished wrapping the gifts after she heard everything he said about his first two consorts and then listened with her undivided attention to the rest of what he said about the rest, enjoying feeling his tail wrapped around her waist. She felt sad when he talked about both the last three and then was pleasantly surprised when she heard what he said last.

“You were at my eighteenth birthday party? I had no idea. I think I talked to you but I don’t really remember. My dad must’ve sent you that invite but not sure how he knew you if that was the case. Possibly a business deal of some sort. I’m glad going to my party helped you feel better and I’m glad I chose you over the red gorilla,” she said in reply after her surprise faded and she sat up a bit to kiss him on the cheek before pulling away again afterward.

"It was for a business deal and in good graces. I am a influential man of many business and I am known to pick only the best companies to work with. You did speak to me, only briefly before your father and I went aside to speak about business. " He said using his tail to pulled her up to the couch. Uncurling his tail from her waist he carefully picked up Zander and  held him in his wing pulling her onto his lap. 

"It did help me immensely. I looked forward to hearing your reactions to my gifts and hand many years planned out for them. But now.... I can't wait to have lots of little ones like Zander, hopefully some with your beautiful perfect hazel eyes and beautiful skin, horns... Hair... Hmmm... Everything" he said purring putting aside his knitting in favor of cuddling her and Zander turning to lounge on the couch. 

“Okay and you thought my dad’s business was one of the best companies to work with? I’m glad. Ah okay. I don’t really remember that time but I’m glad we spoke a bit,” she said in reply before being pulled up onto the couch by his tail. She smiled at him before he also pulled Zander up onto the couch with them, her smile getting bigger when she was pulled onto his lap.

“I’m glad I was able to help make you feel better as well as happy when you heard my reactions about the gifts you got me. Me neither. It’ll be nice to have little ones of our own to take care of and I’m happy that we’ll have practice with Helena and company before then. I hope some of them will also have your violet eyes, hair, horns and wings,” she said in reply while also letting out a purr and enjoying being cuddled by him.

Edited by SkySong278

"Oh? You like my eyes?" He batted them at her playfully. "Wings... Maybe one or two of our little ones have a chance to have feathers like I did. I forgot that I could pass on that trait.  Ooo... I like that purr." He growled possessively and held her close to him nibbling her neck. "It will be good practice for us. You'll make an amazing mother, and you already nail the wife and queen thing my succulent rose.  Thanks for listening to me talk. " He said kissing her neck. 

“I’ve always loved them although I didn’t ever say it. That would be pretty and I’m glad,” she said just before she heard his possessive growl and felt him hold her a bit closer as well him nibbling against her neck. She purred a bit more when she felt that. “You really think that? Thanks for saying that about me already being a good wife and queen. I’ve felt before that I might not be a good wife but I’m glad you think so. You’re welcome,” she said in reply before letting out a small moan when she felt him kiss her neck.