AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

((sure :)))

It was now about mid-winter and Sam was reading in her room by the window. It had gotten cold outside so she was now wearing long sleeved shirts along with long pants around the house and if she went outside, she made sure to wear a winter jacket with a winter hat and scarf as well as gloves. She had been outside earlier, making a snowman but then decided to head back in to get warm. She was also sipping hot chocolate every now and then but didn’t look up from her book as she did that.

Edited by SkySong278

Her door creaked open and a small mountain of blankets came slipping inside and seem to trot over to her fire place, turned three times and laid down in front of it. A single tail poked out to adjust a few things before slipping under.

She looked up briefly from her book to see the small mountain of blankets come in after hearing the door creak open. She watched as it made its way to being in front of the fireplace before it settled there after a tail straightened some of the blankets around it. She got up and went over to the couch and sat down behind the mountain of blankets before putting her legs up next to her and then went back to reading afterward.

Loud purring sounds came from the mountain as he fell asleep content now. Coco was brought in for then home made with some melted chocolate from the Swiss Alps they went too. Only then did a head pop up with a very very pale and dark eyes demon yawning and pulling the cup into the mountain to sip on the warm liquid. 

She smiled a bit when she heard the purring sounds but she didn’t look up from the book she was reading. She did do that, though when hot cocoa was brought in for them and she nodded in thanks before she noticed Jach’s head pop up from the blankets to sip his own hot beverage. She took a few sips of it before setting it down on the small table beside the couch and then went back to reading a few more pages.

His head popped out from the pile like a turtle and rested on her lap, horns pointed twords her feet. "Am I bugging you love?" He looked up at her. I want to play a game of cards. " He chuckled. "Devil playing cards.." he giggles the cold making him a little loopy and drunk like. 

“Not at all dear,” she said as she patted his head after briefly looking up from the page she was currently reading to do so and looked into his eyes. “Sure. What game would you like to play?” she said and asked in reply before looking at him a bit curiously when she heard him giggle.

"Gin rummy. Oh there's a lot of stories in Ireland about my brother visiting and playing cards only for one to drop and his hooved feet gave him away. Not lust, Wrath. He has the typical goat hooves and horns you see on images of the devil. " He said softly. "I have portraits of each of my siblings. Sisters and brothers. Honestly I'm shocked one of my sisters haven't paid us a visit yet. She's responsible for souls who die of the cold and hunger. She's kinda.... Cold shouldered.." he winked totally intending the pun. Twords me since I rejected her advances. She usually swings by around this time of year."

“I think I remember how to play that game but I might need to be reminded of how to play it since it’s been a little awhile since I last played it. Oh? That’s interesting to know that he likes card games. I’d love to see them sometime so I know what they look like. Maybe she will soon. Oh that’s good to know and ah. I’ll keep that in mind. Would she be jealous of me then?” All this she said and asked in reply to everything he said with a small blush at the small wink he gave her.

"Probably. Mmmm.. most likely. I'll explain the rules for you, hang on... " He said and rose out of the pile with a robe and  his wings had a large mitten like covers on them. He shuffled to the door in slippers and sweats tail warmers on his tails and a scarf. "Christmas is coming up soon. I get a tree every year but this time I want us to help the workers decorate it." He said shuffling downstairs to the sitting room and settling by the fireplace getting a deck of cards and shuffling them. A large pine was in the corner by the window bare and dull, boxes of decorations around it as a few ladies draped tinsle and zero in demon form was balancing little candles on the branches. "Wanna help after?"

“Oh. Will I be in danger of her fighting with me?” she said and asked in reply to what he said that was in response to her other question before nodding about getting the rules and followed him downstairs after marking where she had stopped reading in her book and left it on the small table beside the couch. She listened to everything he said while following after him and grew excited about Christmas coming up. It was one of her favorite times of the year. “I’d be happy to help decorate it. Decorating Christmas trees is one of my favorite things to do around Christmastime,” she said in reply to what he said and asked while sitting down across from him while he shuffled the cards.

"It's a possibility. But she also knows my strength and power. " He delt the cards. "And you have half my power even when you are getting used to it. Half of my power is still quite a force to be reckoned with. Really? I like the gift giving and songs. I get something for each member of my house and the midnight mass is beautiful to attend. I love the looks on their faces when I give them letters from loved ones left of their grave sites and photos of family members, children and grandchildren, weddings and parties they missed. Some ask for visitation and i grant them a day or two visit. They don't need material things but as they say, the thought that counts. You know what I got them this year, and a couple of other things. You on the other hand I'm not sure about. I'm still narrowing down my choices..."

“Oh and I guess I feel better knowing that then. Not really sure how to use that power yet, though but I guess I can figure it out. Mhm and I also like giving gifts as well as the midnight Christmas mass. I was going to it more often before we married but before that, I always attended one of the earlier masses. Those sound like awesome gifts. I hope I’m not too hard to shop for and you can find something to get me. I’ll have to think of something to get you but hopefully I won’t get it last minute,” she said in reply as she watched him deal out the cards for the game.

"Well I always attend midnight mass. It's a little hard for me to with wings and such so I am in the alcove shadows playing the organ. I still receive communion from a blind church member and you can join the congregation below. I sing too and basically sound like a whole orchestra." He smiled.  He then explained the rules and started to play. "I hord things too much, so come spring we're pulling some things from the rooms here and moving them to my second home or perhaps opening a exhibit of some paintings and status so they're not collecting dust. "

“Right and I bet you play very well. I can’t wait to hear you play it as well as your singing. Okay and I think I’ll wear a dress that has either a Christmas pattern or just the colors on it. If I don’t have one already I’ll go out and get one,” she said in reply before being reminded on how to play by listening to the instructions he gave and then everything else he said afterward as they started to play the game. “Sounds like a good idea and I’d be happy to help with doing all that. An exhibit would be nice for the majority of them and then maybe for the rest of them, they can be moved to the second house.”

Edited by SkySong278

He nodded as he got a match and set the cards down drawing a number of cards and continued to play. "That's what I thought too. My home in Hell could really use new things to make it a bit lighter than what it is now. You do have that dark red and black dress. I know I said not to wear it however you would be considered alone, and I recently found out that night workers have several pins stuck to their bodices... And that dress is quite modest." He said tails wiggling as he planned his next move shuffling the cards in his hand. 

She also got a match and set it down before hearing everything else he said afterward. “Glad we had the same thought on that and oh yeah. I wanted to save wearing it again until another time but I guess I can wear it for Christmas. That’s good to know about the pins because I didn’t know that before. That it is,” she said in reply before she transformed into her own demon form and her tail flicked a bit back and forth as well as she thought about what she could do next as her next move.

"I didn't know that either. I guess even the world's oldest profession changes with the times too.  It used to be red lanterns outside shops or windows. I've never been in those areas so I wouldn't know how they have changed. I just let Zero out with some money to feed every other month. He knows more then I do about the goings on and gossip because of that. " He said and made his move. 

“I guess so. Oh I didn’t know that either. Interesting. I’ve never been in those areas either and ah okay. He’s a good source to ask about that sort of thing then,” she said in reply before making another move after he did. Her tail then moved of its own accord and wrapped around his smooth one, caressing it a bit and then letting it go again shortly afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

He started to purr and his tail hooked in hers when hers pulled away.  He nodded to her response about Zero being a valuable source of information and was about to make a move when the heavy knocker on his double doors sounded thrice. Everyone froze, one maid nearly dropped a glass bulb full of black sand and tiny shells she was about to hang on the tree if it wasn't for Jach's other tail wrapped in a wool muff padding it's landing. 

It was silence for a long moment as everyone peered into the foyer. The knock came again. Carlos  shook off the startled look and hurryed to the door and opened it a bit.

"Hades darling! I know you're home, why don't you let me help you warm your bed you poor cold dragon. Yukiona is here to make sure you are nice and toasty. It's quite a blizzard out there and I'll be very busy in town so I thought I could stay here love!"  A gorgeous pale woman with high cheek bones like malificent angular face, and ink black hair to the back of her knees and in a colorful kimono worn by fudal era Lord wives glided in heading for the stairs and to Jach's bedroom ignoring Carlos' protests. 

Jach dropped the cards leaned back and snapped his fingers. "Zero, Joe now. Bring the pot and a gigantic cup and keep them coming. " Zero nodded and zoomed off to the kitchen to fullfil his Lord's request. 

The white woman had apparently made it to his room, found out he wasn't there and now was calling for him through the halls. "Let her wonder round. You need coffee?" He said softly to Sam.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

She smiled when she heard his purr before it got a bit bigger when he hooked his tail with hers. She then jumped slightly when there was a knock on the door because she wasn’t expecting it, let alone how loud it was in the big house. She froze like everyone else seemed to before there was another knock.

She heard the woman call to Jach and became a bit jealous at what she heard. She wanted to help warm his bed and she’d be staying here? She became a bit crestfallen before she got up from the floor after setting her cards down and sat down on the couch to continue reading while he had Zeroth bring some coffee.

“I’ll just take some hot chocolate. I don’t like coffee,” she said in reply softly to his question while keeping her attention on the page of the book she was currently reading and where she left off earlier. Her tail flicked a bit back and forth agitatedly as she continued to read, sharing her current feelings at the moment.

She figured this was the sister he had mentioned that had wanted to marry him and also that might fight her. She just wanted her gone so that they could continue enjoying each other’s company in peace. She also knew that she didn’t have anything to worry about but her head was warring a bit with her heart at the moment about that.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach ordered hot coco for her as he got his coffee and drank down the whole cup pouring another one for himself making a face at the bitter taste. "Neither do I but I can't handle her while being sluggish and slow. " He said as the woman came back down stairs and spotted him as she turned to head for the kitchen. 

"Hades darling! There you are, so you are up! Look at you so cute and snuggled up like a big in a rug. Oh? We have company? Another new higher? She here to replace that old  bossy gargoyle? It is about time that old bat was always so rude!" She said gliding over and stood behind him on the couch her hand sliding on his tail as she walked twords him. 

thwip! 

His tail smacked her hand making her Yelp and pout. "Oh snowy bear, that hurt! No need to be so crass with me she's a demon she knows what that means. Come on darling come to bed... I've waited all year for you." Yukiona pouted kissing his cheek. 

"Yuki, sister, stop. I told you, I am not with you, May is not going to go anywhere and you may not have heard this one before." He grabbed her cheek's with his clawed hand turning her to face Sam. "This is Samantha Echlare. My wife. Sam this is yukiona, my sister and the reaper of the dead who passed away from the cold. She will be staying in the guest house by the stables while she's here. Not in our house." He emphasized that she would not be present in the household. 

“Oh okay,” she said after hearing him order the hot chocolatey beverage for her and also after she heard what he said before having her full attention be on her book. That was until she heard said woman come towards them.

She glanced up when she heard what all she said, glaring at her and looking annoyed while her tail flicked even more agitatedly than earlier. She then looked surprised and felt a bit happier when she saw and heard the tail the former grab hit her hand away. She had been annoyed at being called a new hire as well as just the fact that she assumed that he’d enjoy her keeping him company. Her glare got a bit more defined at hearing the other girl say that she’d know what the tail stroking meant due to her being a demon as well as hearing her invite him to bed.

“It’s nice to meet you,” she said in reply with her best smile as a greeting to the other female demon when introduced to her by Jach before everything else he said. She nodded in reply at hearing where his sister would be staying and felt a bit better. She had smiled triumphantly on the inside at hearing him call her (Sam) his wife but she didn’t let it show.

“I hope you enjoy your stay. Stay warm,” she said before having her attention go back to being on her book and where she had paused from reading earlier when she had heard Yukiona come over to them.

Edited by SkySong278

"WIFE?!" Yuki shrieked. "I recall you saying you'd never marry a woman who isn't pure, and she is not pure! No demon is pure not even me!" She spat pointing a long blue nail at Sam. 

Jach chuckled as he drank his coffee. "No she isn't any more, in body at least, but her soul is still pure. Funny though. You always claimed to be pure for me, yet when I find a wife you not only recall what I said to you three millenia ago, but you even admitted to engaging in your lustful desires. Dear, dear sister. I love you but sometimes you can be a real big pain in the butt. I remained pure, until my wife and I am very, very happy with her. I will not have anyone else.  There was once, a long time ago, alone, miserable and desperate,  that I would have considered you as a bride. However after the incident with my second bride I knew that you had no capability to feel the slightest compassion and love twords mortals that a Queen of the underworld and sorter of souls would be required to have. Your heart is ice. Fire and ice are... Just not ment to be.  Carlos! Show Yuki to the guest house. Make sure her dinner gets delivered on time. She likes oolong tea. I think I still have some, see if mistro could locate it. She is a guest and my sister, have her be treated as such."  His tails braided around Sam's as he moved from the couch to sitting beside her head on her shoulder reading the book with her. 

Yuki sputtered and growled a chill peircing the air until she turned and marched off after Carlos in a huff leaving ice where her feet touched the granite and carpets.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf