AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

He wants a heart. Not just any heart of any mortal, but one of pure innocence and perfection of a woman. The most pure hearts are the most delicious, and innocent souls are so wonderfully fun to corrupt. 

In old south France of a romantic steam punk fantasy version of earth, a lonesome demon king is getting tired of being a solo ruler of the underworld and poses himself as a mortal nobleman of very high standing and wealth to seek out a perfect woman who can be his queen. When one catches his eye, he finds she's already betrothed, but nothing stops him from getting her all to himself. Can she pass his tests and fall for the embodiment of evil? Can the devil himself have some kind of good in his black heart?

Name: Jach Echlare (EE-Clair) really Aseroth (az-er-oth)

Height: 6'6.6" (hahaha)

Class: high ranking noble of France, considered a diplomat from Germany

Appearance as human: a respectable clean shaven gentleman with purple eyes and medium messy silvery white hair. He often wears black, blue, red or purple attire in the finest silks, stains and velvet. Often seen with a ebony cane with a coiled golden snake resting its head on a silver dipped skull of a raven at the top. This is only during the daylight hours/ full moon.

05.JPG

th?id=OIP.AsTXiTjXbHaw7OrYpmABkgHaEK&pid

Demon appearance: when night falls his power grows to great to cover with a illusion and devolves to a equally handsome man who has violet claws and dragon like scales covering his left arm, large dragon like wings from his back, 4 horns and a long split duel tail that gets very thin at the ends, one with a barbed tip like a whip on the end and the other has a retractable poisonous spike on the end. 

Aseroth

Name: Samantha (Sam) Weil

Height: 5’5”

Appearance:

CBE730BD-2B71-407D-858B-82A693FC5EF1.jpg

what she wears to parties and such:

92C3D471-5FA9-4429-A700-35CA334FC594.jpg

Appearance bio: she usually wears a top with long cuffed sleeves and pants when she practices fencing and archery. her eyes are hazel in color and her hair is long and gray like silver in color. she wears a dress that’s a pale yellow with some pink and purple, sometimes she wears a pink and blue dress, and a matching hat when she attends parties and other similar engagements.

Hobbies: archery and fencing. she’s learning to use knives and daggers. she wants to learn these things so that she can defend herself if need be.

Edited by SkySong278

The pre-wedding party was in full swing as the storm made the sunny afternoon darken like the wolf Sköll had snapped his jaws around the sun. This caused the partygoers to migrate indoors as frightening gales of wind beat upon the house. 

Samantha's betrothed, a man twice her age and garishly dressed in gold velvet with silver silk decked in enough jewelry to make a gem expert drool at the mear sight of him, was already staggering around with a goblet of fine wine. Her father looked embarrassed, but the man was willing to pay the hefty bride price he had asked for, although he had that in place so she would not leave her doting father alone. With this gaudy man pressuring him (Sam's father) on a economic and social front, he finally gave his consent out of fear of losing everything he cared for. 

"A toast to my lovely bride, for making me, Michelle Le Roux a very lucky man, and after the wedding ceremony tomorrow, lucky in more ways than one.." he said cupping her chin tightly so she couldn't pull away from him going in for a kiss on her lips. 

WHAM!!!!  CRASH!  BOOM!!!

The laughter faded and a woman screamed when the heavy wooden doors to the ballroom from the garden  busted open with such force that the glass panels inside them broke at the very moment lighting split the sky. Thunder rolled over as another tongue of lightning illuminated a figure stepping from the back seat of a steam powered carriage. Distracted from kissing his bride, Michelle still held onto Samantha's chin refusing to let her escape as the entire party now parted like the red sea before Moses as a man in a wine dark velvet three piece suit, a black silk top hat with a broad red sash and a faux rose tucked on top and a black ebony cane with a gold snake on it, gracefully made his way to the 'happy couple.'

"You shant put those hideously filthy catfish lips upon something so pure monsur La Roux." Came a eloquent and astoundingly beautiful voice that carried a lovely combination of deep German and an overlapping French accent as the man removed his hat and bowed low to Sam and her father. "Monsur Weil, I am Jach Echlare. I've come to claim your daughter's beautiful hand. "

"Too late!" Spat La Roux, face turning ruddy, his slow brain finally registering the insult the interloper previously said. Straightening with a small smile and obviously undeterred Jach replied with a kind tone with a slight hint of anger coloring his words. "Then I will triple what you paid for her hand, and let her decide. Granted I might not have directly courted her face to face, but I assume she had received the various flower arrangements, the new fencing and sword set, and some sweets and a large number of letters and poems I composed for her wishing to remain anonymous? And I advise you to unhand her. Your butcher hands could bruise her fair skin." He said with a quick strike of his cane La Roux let go of Samantha rubbing the spot the bird skull hit on his arm quite painfully. Her father turned to his daughter. "It's your choice. The contract isn't officially signed between me and La Roux...." he said looking relieved afraid at the same time. 

((If you respond to each paragraph I wrote with how Sam thinks about everything and her actions I'm sure you'll get very descriptive! I'd like to keep this rp like that, so my posts will be slightly slower due to thought process and planning. K?))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I’ll try and sorry I wasn’t very descriptive in my character form with her appearance. I had a lot of stuff on my mind yesterday when I was typing up that form but I’ll try to be more descriptive in my posts in here))

Sam was outside with some of her friends when the storm came out of nowhere and started to kick up gale force winds. She headed inside with everyone else and let out a sigh when she saw her bethrothed already drunk and carrying a goblet of wine around.

That idiot. I hate him so much but if it makes dad happy that I don’t leave him alone I’ll go with it, but I hate it when Michelle is drunk. He’s more forceful when he’s that way and doesn’t need to be, she thought to herself before she looked over at her father and saw that he was embarrassed and couldn’t help but feel that way as well. She then sighed a bit when she heard him wanting to do a toast to her and glared at him when he forcefully took her chin in his fingers wanting to pull away but couldn’t because of his grip.

She could smell the wine on his breath and that was another reason why she wanted to pull away because she strongly disliked it when he smelled like that. She was very grateful when a loud noise came from the door at the south end of the ballroom and a man dressed in a dark wine velvet colored three piece suit with a silk hat on his head came in and approached both her and Michelle which caused the latter to be distracted. She couldn’t help but smile slightly when she heard the insult about the latter’s lips, but then that grew into surprise when she heard him say that he would pay triple for her as well as all the gifts that she had received in the last couple of weeks or so.

“That was you?” she asked still with the surprise on her face after Michelle’s hand had been removed from her chin. She had seen this man in the streets before now but had no idea that he had been interested in marrying her, let alone him sending her poems and letters as well as the fencing sword set he had mentioned. When she heard everything that her father said about it being her choice and also that the papers hadn’t officially been signed yet, she smiled happily perhaps for the first time in awhile. Oh thank goodness, she thought to herself before saying aloud with the happy smile still on her face, “I choose Monsieur Echlare.”

Edited by SkySong278

"No!" "Wonderful!" Jach spoke over La Roux's pitiful protests. "Now because my work is quite tiresome for me, and I work at night, I would love you to get used to my house while I pay off the bride price. It's quite large, and I want you to know it well. It has many rooms and secret passages to explore so you'll be busy every day. The wedding will be held in two weeks time after I finished paying off my debit to your father..." he said pulling a pen and a folded paper for her father to sign from his inside pocket. 

"Unlike your..... " he studied the red faced drunken man with disinterested and cold calculating look. "Suitor here, I don't wait to make a contract. My business would suffer if I hesitate and I run a very tight schedule. I can have my servants gather your things when the storm clears, but I'd like to bring you home now to keep you safe." he handed the thick letter to her father to sign. "Read that carefully and notify me if you want me change anything before you sign. Please return it to me in two days time. I have a copy at home for you to look over as well my dear. Oh and Monsier La Roux... there's a clause in there that if you -or anyone -dares try to blackmail or threaten my fair lady's family, I'll see it as a personal attack and pull no stops in ensuring they are safe."

Michelle looked like he was about to pop, shaking with anger. When Jach placed his hat back on his silver hair and held out a gloved hand to Samantha , the drunken man grabbed Jach by the caller and socked him square in the face, letting go so he landed on his rump in front of the crowd. "To Hell with you!" Michelle spat. "You barely know her, aren't even wed yet you're inviting her to stay at your house alone? Some gentleman you are! Just what exactly would you do once you get her alone?" He shouted. This caused a murmur of agreement among the partygoers obviously trying to blacken Jach's name to seem like the better choice. 

Jach slowly got up and brushed his suit off, straightened his jacket and picked up his hat, once more setting it on its place. Although the hit was hard enough to knock him back a few feet, he seemed unfazed, with only his nose slightly bleeding. It wasn't even broken. "I assure you Monsier, all Hell will be on you for that reckless and completely stupid decision." He said calmly fixing his tie. The storm making his words seem eerie as a chilling wind whipped through the crowd from the still open doorway.

Without missing a beat, Jach removed his outer jacket and placed it on Sam's shoulders, doing up a few buttons to keep her warm. "Now my lovely lady, I will do nothing but have breakfast, lunch and dinner with you. Maybe some afternoon tea if you wish. As I said, I am a busy man and am not used to having much company other than my servants, who aren't much for conversation anyway... well with me... this will be a adjustment period for the both of us. I'm afraid it may be too overwhelming to move out and in with someone whom is practically a stranger to you, so to be certain that you want to live me, you'll have two weeks to get to know me, and I you, more.  If you decide you don't want to live with me, then you can return to your father, but remember that you will legally be my wife and I will take care of you even if you don't live with me. Now, shall we go before the red gorilla has any more bright ideas?" He said teasingly once again holding his hand out to her, a smile on his lips. He held his cane skull near Michelle. When he moved to grab at it and yank it from Jach, Jach made a clicking sound with his tongue and the golden snake rose it's head from the skull, a hood unfurling becoming a very real cobra effectively making Michelle back down.  "Ah, Mademoiselle Samantha, first meet my favorite pet  Belzenef. Isn't he lovely? I call him Zen. He's quite harmless... if you are a friend. " he added, violet eyes sliding over to look at the now pale faced suitor. "Shall we leave my fair lady? It's a long ride back to my home..."

Sam just ignored Michelle’s protests as she heard everything that Jach said. Her eyes brightened up a bit when she heard that she could explore his house and it also had secret passageways. She had always wanted to be in a house that had those and she also loved to explore so it wouldn’t be a problem for her to spend the whole day doing that.

“Could I also still work on practicing my swordplay and archery? I understand,” she said and asked when there was a break in the conversation between him and her before Michelle punched him in the face and also before she had been about to take Jach’s offered gloved hand. One of her hands went to her mouth in shock at the sudden attack on her chosen suitor before she heard everything that the latter said of what he planned on doing during those two weeks and she was fine with everything that he said.

“I quite like that idea and I’m fine with staying with you at your house. That won’t be a problem and yes we shall,” she said in reply and took his offered hand after giggling a bit at the newest nickname of Michelle after the jacket had been placed upon her shoulders in order to help keep her warm from the sudden chill that the wind from earlier had kicked up through the still open doorway. He did look like a gorilla with a red face. She secretly wished him luck in finding another girl that could love him before a surprised look came over her face at the sudden appearance of a beautiful gold colored cobra that had appeared out of Jach’s cane. More specifically, the skull at the top of it.

“It’s nice to meet you Zen. I don’t mind snakes one bit and I’ll definitely be friendly towards him,” she said with a smile. “Yes of course.”

Edited by SkySong278

Jach smiled taking her hand and tenderly kissed her knuckles before showing her to the car, a servant walked with them, fighting an umbrella over both to keep the sudden downpour off of them and Jach helped her inside before sliding in with her and closing the door. Once more he removed his hat setting it between them and let the snake slide off his cane and into the velvet lined top hat for warmth. 

He heaved a sigh tapping twice on the partition between the driver and the back seat and the car pulled away, having remained idling for the duration of his presence at the party. "You'd find that you have plenty of room to practice your fencing and archery in my garden, just please try not to hit the hedges with the arrows. It'll upset my gardeners and after they chased me around with pruners, and had my entire bathroom carpeted with climbing roses after a long business trip, I gave up archery myself. I was always better with throwing knives. Now on my property, some of the secret passages will be locked, they lead to a large mausoleum. It's sealed off to all but me. Eventually I'll take you in, but it's a.... how do I explain... and I don't like lying... hmmm. " 

He tapped his finger on his cane for a moment thinking. "It is... special to me. My brother built it so only those related by blood could be brought inside. It holds my sacred treasures and priceless artifacts. Although.. I hope you'll never meet my brothers... they are a major pain, very dangerous and destructive. One of the reasons father told me to take over the family business is because, although I was the youngest, I showed a better head for ruthlessness of doing business in this time. Once we get home, I'll show you to the dinning hall and then to your room. I hope it's to your liking. The maids and my butlers Zeroth or Carlos will show you to the dinning hall were we'd eat together until you settled into the routine. Dinner will always be at six, you can have a snack before bed if you get hungry later. Breakfast is at seven thirty.... I am not a early riser and it takes me a while to get up and get moving... lunch will be at noon, with tea at two. Between those times you're free to explore, chat with the servants, and wonder the grounds anyway you please. I have a fencing instructor who can help you practice, and a library if you want to read. " He explained. 

Sam smiled a bit when she felt him kiss her knuckles before getting in the car when he had opened the door for her. “Thank you,” she said before watching as Zen went from his cane to the hat that was now sitting between them on the seat. She then listened to everything he said.

“I understand and I’ll be careful with all the plants that are in the garden. Perhaps I can make a target if you didn’t keep the ones you used to use back when you were also doing archery so that I have something to aim at. You know how to throw knives? Can you teach me? I’d like to know how to do that as well if possible. I know you said that you are very busy but perhaps when you have the time. I won’t go anywhere that you won’t permit me to go so I won’t try to open any locked doors,” she said in reply to everything he said regarding her having plenty of room to practice in the garden as well as what he said about sealed off secret passageways. Her eyes had widened slightly in surprise when asking about learning how to use knives because she didn’t know that he knew how to use them.

She then listened to the rest of what he said with interest as well as listened carefully to when the meals were. “I’m not an early riser myself but I’ll definitely be ready for breakfast every morning and will also be on time for lunch, tea, and dinner. I love to read so I’ll definitely check out your library when I get the chance to as well as walking around your property. Monsieur La Roux never let me explore any of his property and I was restricted to only the garden and a few other places. I was pretty much in a room that I was able to call mine most of the time. I’ll enjoy working with that instructor and I’m looking forward to learning new things,” she said in reply with a bright smile and sparkling eyes as she looked at him before looking at the window.

Edited by SkySong278

He too looked shocked at her wanting to learn to throw knives. His eyes widened at her bright smile, two rose colored pin pricks appeared on his pale cheeks and he blinked twice, taken aback by her sincerity. "Why of course I'll teach you my dear. I am proficient in many weapons from blades to whips to pistols and arrows. The string always snaps when I draw a bow so it's not my strong suit. It'll be a wonderful way to get to know each other. I did keep my targets, I mostly use them for my knives." He stated stroking a now sleeping Zen. 

"That ruddy gorilla has no tact, nor understanding when it comes to women. A woman is God's gift to be man's equal. She watches the home as the men do the hard labor in the workforce. This doesn't mean she sits and knits looking pretty, nor does she cook and clean, but she provides the last line of defense if the house is attacked when the man is gone. She oversees the servants-if any- making sure work gets done in a timely manner. She is not some trophy to be shown off and kept locked up until it's time to produce an heir."  He said in a disapproving tone. He heaved another sigh watching her pensively look out the window. 

"Forgive me for almost being too late. I had an investigation on every one of your suitors and I didn't hear the news he was the one who had enough money to pay that ridiculous amount. You are worth far more than a king's ransom, such a flawless diamond should be treated with dignity and respect. Worse case scenario, I would have kidnapped you on your wedding day to keep that lecherous varlet away from you. He is known to have dalliances with multiple filles de joie. He probably had you restricted to those rooms because of his unfaithfulness. Wretched men who harm women for pleasure are disgustingly despicable villains. " He ranted leaning on his arm to look out his own window, vision obscured by the rain. 

After being in the car an hour and a half, they approached a looming shape in the distance of what looked like a very large castle. "Ah.... welcome to your new home my dear. Château de l'enfer. It came with the name..."

“Really? Great! I agree about that and maybe we can share the targets as I do archery and you do knives. Maybe we can help each other do both,” Sam said in reply as she looked over briefly at the sleeping Zen before looking back out of the window again.

“That’s a nice name for Monsieur La Roux. That’s also a nice way of putting women. He never really approved of my wanting to learn to defend myself but I didn’t really care because I just continued to do it anyway. I’ll try to do all of that and then some and I agree as well to that. That’s all he did,” she said in reply as she looked over at him again before hearing another couple of statements that he said.

“Really? I’m glad you did come but I had no idea that it was you who sent me those letters and poems. Why did you choose me, though? I also had no idea that he was known for all of that but I guess that doesn’t matter anymore since I chose you over him,” she said in reply and then looked over and out of his window at the castle that they had arrived at. “It’s a very nice castle. May I start exploring it tomorrow?”

"Because you're a pure heart." He said softly. "I chose you because you are genuinely pure, so hard to find in a harsh cruel world. And you're my ideal woman. As for exploring, that you may tomorrow. It's late already and I'm sure you want to change. I have some clothes I had made and was going to send to you to continue our courtship if the sudden imposing marriage deal hadn't cut it short. I hope you enjoy them. " He said getting out in the rain as they pulled close to the front door.

Rushing around he grabbed the umbrella from the servant, and opened her door helping her out. The servant got his hat and followed them inside. It was brightly lit inside, cream marble floors with golden accents, dark red wood trimming and a silver chandelier with amethyst crystals dangling from it casting purple streaks around the room. Right away a butler took Jach's jacket from Sam and the hat from the doorman and hung them both up on a elaborate coat rack on the wall that looked like horns from various goat species covered in gold and silver. 

"Carlos, could you please call all the servants to the dinning room to meet the new lady of the house please? Even the kitchen workers.  Zen is asleep in my cap if you also please place him in his habit in the sun room for me that'll be wonderful. Samantha.... may I call you Sam? Please follow me to the dinning room. Dinner should be ready."

He lead her down decedent halls with paintings of dark landscapes of fire and gargoyle like dragons breathing flames on fleeing people. Some showed beautiful gardens of colorful flowers and starry skies. Others frozen wastelands with frost giants, another two wolves chasing a sun and moon. Tapestries depicting Armageddon in different religions, Norse, Greek, Egypt, and even Christian covered large swatches of the walls between pillars of twisted black marble dragons glaring at them with Garnett eyes stark contrast to the gold and cream floors with thick crimson carpets covering the walkway.

"This place needs a feminine touch desperately. Most of these are gifts from my brothers and sisters... all having a twisted sense of humor. I do enjoy the tapestries though... they cover the passages. Graveyard scenes and ones of what looks like Hell from Dante's great work the Devine comedy are the locked ones. There's only about... five? The rest are free to explore my dear. Most rooms are storage of items I have no room for, so if you find something that you like, by all means replace it with one of these dreary paintings. Just... keep in mind I love dragons and have three rooms full of paintings and items that are dragon related I acquired from my travels. But please, don't hesitate to rearrange things. Even in my room if you find it one day. I'd love to see what you do to the place. " 

He lead her into a huge dinning hall that could fit probably fifty people at the table alone, a fireplace that looked like a dragon blowing fire on logs with glowing iron eggs sitting on top of them. He pulled out a chair for her at the head of the table then sat to her right, ringing a little silver bell and a line of servants passed through the swinging door on the opposite side of the entrance door with carts and trays laden with the finest foods. 

“Oh and I am? I had no idea. Okay and yes I’d like that a lot. I’m sure I will like the clothes you made but I can wait to see them until after we eat,” Sam said in reply with a light rose pink blush on her cheeks before they pulled up close to the front door.

She then watched as Jach rushed around to get an umbrella before opening her door and helping her out before she followed him into the castle. She nodded in thanks to the butler that took Jach’s jacket off of her shoulders before placing it on one of the antlers that made up the coat rack in the wall nearby.

“Yes of course you may and that sounds lovely. I didn’t eat much at the party earlier so I’m very hungry,” she said in reply before following after him.

She looked at all of the paintings, sculptures, and tapestries that were there with interest. She stopped for a moment at the painting with the two wolves chasing the sun as moon to admire it a bit more before having to do a quick walk to catch up to him so that she didn’t lose him before listening to everything else he said regarding the decor.

“I can try but I’m not much of a decorator. I’ll keep that in mind and I like dragons, too. They’re one of my favorite creatures along with unicorns and griffins. I do like the painting with the two wolves chasing the sun and moon so I won’t replace that one. I might replace a few of the other ones but I’ll have to look at the options that you have in storage to see what a good replacement might be.”

When they arrived at the dining hall and he pulled out a chair for her, she smiled and nodded to him in thanks before sitting down in it and then admired the fireplace for a few minutes. She then looked towards Jach when she heard a bell ring and saw it in his hand before the line of servants with various carts and trays came into their view with what looked to be some very exquisite looking food.

“All that food looks delicious,” she said before putting her napkin in her lap so as to cover that part of the dress that she was still wearing so that she wouldn’t get any food on it when she started to eat later.

Edited by SkySong278

"So you like the Skoll and Hati painting. They are the wolves that are to devour the sun and moon at the end of the world. " He said a genuine smile curling a corner of his lips as she replied she liked dragons as well, but his eye twitched at the word mythological. 

Once they were seated, and the food was dished to their plates then laid it out in front of them the rest of the staff filed in silently. "Sam, meet my house staff. The first two are my butlers Zeroth and Carlos. " two very tall men nodded, one had jet black hair in a ponytail, the other was a red head. "Then the maids," a dozen ladies ranging from elderly to younger than Sam curtsied. "The gardeners..." five burly men and one woman waved to her. "The kitchen workers." the chef and a half dozen assortment of people bowed. "And Gabriel, my trainer." A equally tall guy bowed with Sandy white blonde hair and red eyes. 

"You all can introduce yourselves later but please meet the new lady of the house Samantha, she is my bride. Please treat her with respect.. and talk... you're all so silent around me I feel like this place is haunted. Dinner looks lovely as always mistro!" This got a few chuckles and a big grin from a little person in a head chef hat.

After tucking a napkin into his collar he started to eat. This seemed to be a unsaid signal for the rest of the staff to file out again except for the head made and the butler named Zeroth. "Mythology my dear, is a word for legends that man has lost. There is no scientific proof that dragons did not exist. Yet the same thing can be said the other way around. That there's nothing disproving that they were not around mankind in it's early stages. I firmly believe that they did exist, but drastically changed their appearance to better fit in with society rather than being hunted to extinction. Legends had to have come from somewhere yes?" He said carefully cutting a bite of chicken and eating it slowly to watch her reaction to his unorthodox beliefs with an intense gaze. "I look forward to seeing how much we have in common my dear."

“I think I heard of that legend before but it’s been awhile. I like the painting a lot,” Sam said in reply with a smile also on her face but then it faded slightly when she saw his eye twitch. She blushed a bit, knowing that she had probably said something wrong and now felt sorry for it.

She looked up from the plates that now had food on them to the rest of Jach’s staff as they filed in. She nodded to each of the butlers in acknowledgement as well as to the maids, gardeners, the kitchen workers, and his trainer.

“It’s very nice to meet all of you and I look forward to getting to know each of you,” she said after he introduced them to her with the full smile back on her face and as she inclined her head a bit in greeting to them before also nodding in agreement to what he said to the head chef about the food looking delicious.

When he started to eat, she took that as a signal for her to also start eating so she did. After she took the first bite of the chicken, she had a look of happiness on her face before she continued to eat as well as she heard everything that he said regarding dragons. “I know all of that about them but I misspoke about them being a myth and I apologize. I called them that because that’s what I heard growing up although I read about them on my own and found that they did in fact exist and lived how you said,” she said in reply after swallowing a bite of the chicken with a now apologetic expression in her face along with the flush that was still there from earlier. “Me too.” After she had said this last statement, she went back to eating her food.

"No need to apologize for your views. Many believe they are simply things of fantasy. I honestly defend them because I feel a certain..... kinship with the dragon. Misunderstood creatures that they are, known for destruction and trickery... yet if you think about it, they are surrounded by vast amounts of wealth, are intimidating and perceived as cruel.... However they are truly lonesome creatures. Stealing damsels away... my be like a child taking something to get attention from others. Not really intending harm but it ends up being that way.... there's one story though where the dragon isn't killed, and truly was mistaken and lonesome. It's a long story for tonight. Perhaps I'll tell it over breakfast. " He said. "I warn you, my reputation outside these walls isn't exactly a nice one. People will talk about our marriage, but not in a very good way. With La Roux on my tail now, things will get even worse. I wish I could say that those rumors aren't true my dear, but that would be a flat out lie. I can say some are truly fabricated by pure imagination. Which ones they are, I'll let you decide between what you see and what you hear. I am a reclusive man, not one for idle chitchat or gossip. My isolation is both forced and self imposed. But I am truly blessed and delighted that you wanted to join me here for two weeks. I get so lonely... " He blinked hard dropping the subject looking like he was about to cry. 

Although he was very polite and appeared to move slowly, his plight was nearly half finished. He stopped for a sip of lemonade. "Hmmm, alcohol is... used sparingly in my house. Hidden away from certain.... helping hands and siblings. And myself. When indulging in alcohol, we tend to go overboard. In my youth I gave into temptation, but as a leader of a booming trading business I need clear judgment. The most we serve is a light champagne. I hope you remember that when planning our wedding my dear. I'd hate to look like a fool and embarrass my bride on her special day. "

“I do believe they did exist along with unicorns and griffins. I actually wanted a unicorn as a pet when I was younger but then I was told that I couldn’t because they no longer existed which made me sad. That makes sense and maybe they were similar to robbers or Robin Hood when they took their riches. I understand how they felt being lonesome for I have also felt that way these past few months. I can’t wait to hear it and I don’t care about rumors. I’m sure there’s quite a bit about me floating around but I don’t really pay much attention to rumors anyway. I just won’t listen to them and follow my own judgement on those kinds of things. I’m glad you invited me to stay here with you,” Sam said in reply to everything he said with a smile before eating more of her food.

She drank water in-between bites of food from her half-finished plate as she listened to everything else he said and nodded in understanding. “I understand. I don’t drink alcohol at all. I did once when I was a bit younger and decided that I didn’t like the taste of it and haven’t had anymore since then. I’m fine with champaign and will definitely keep it in mind for the wedding.”

Edited by SkySong278

"Good. Glad we have an understanding on that subject. I prefer lemonade. My chef makes the best tea and lemonade ever. His name is the same as Carlos, but I call him maestro because he conducts his kitchen workers like a masterful orchestra.  If you do visit the kitchen, make sure it's not an hour or two before any meals. He tends to throw pans and forks at his workers  when they mess up and one can easily be caught in the crossfire. " He chuckled finishing his meal and rang the bell again.

Three plates of dessert came out, all three came with a chocolate mouse eclare and a lovely looking cake, one devil's food cake with a mountain of whipped cream and a cherry on top, the other two was an angel food cake and another devil's food cake with cherries on top and whipped cream in a bowl for her to choose what one she'd like. 

The chocolate one pilled with whipped cream was set in front of Jach. "My usual desert. The eclare is a little joke on my last name. I'm a major fan of chocolate and part of my trades involve obtaining the best chocolate there is! So... it's always well stocked and maestro makes sure that the pantry is locked to keep me out, but if you ask, he'd be happy to get you some of you are ever craving it. Although he'd make sure you don't have a lot.... he's the best. I don't think I'd eat properly with any other cook in the house. He even makes sure I eat healthy on the road. " He took a bite of his cake and almost melted in his seat making a purr like sound. "Hmmmm..... ummm...." He turned pink then gave her an embarrassed smile. 

“I also drink tea but I prefer it to be sweet. I drink lemonade as well but I don’t like it too sour and more on the sweet side. I was wondering why you called him that earlier when you were introducing me to the staff here. I’ll keep that in mind,” Sam said in reply with a small giggle of her own before she also finished eating everything that was left on her plate before he rang the small silver bell.

After the plates were taken away to be replaced by dessert, her eyes widened a bit in surprise at the masterpieces. “These look delicious. I’m partial to chocolate myself and really? I’d like to have your job. It sounds like a dream come true to be around something you really like to have. I figured it was something like that when I saw them. I’ll also keep that in mind and that’s always a good thing,” she said before picking the second devil’s food cake with cherries and whipped cream on top and then starting to eat it after she had put it in front of her.

She let out a purr-like sound as well and also felt like melting in her chair after she took the first bite of the cake. She was blushing a bit as well when she smiled back at Jach before saying, “This has to be the best devil’s food cake I’ve ever eaten. He must do something special to it to make it taste this good.”

Zeroth chuckled. "Seems you have found your perfect match master. " Jach flushed even more and shyly ate his cake. "As I said, maestro makes the best food and cakes in the land. He adds a special ingredient, what it is, I'm not sure but it makes it even better. Everything is hand made..." He said softly savoring the cake and the eclare. The plate was spotless when he was finished. 

He waited until everything was cleared away before holding out his arm to lead her to the room she'd say in, nodding to  the head maid and the woman lead the way to the chosen room she had set up for Samantha. It was easy to remember how to get to, just upstairs to the right, passed a couple tapestries of dragons in caves with a woman sitting by them reading or tending to dragon hatchings, then turned to a elegant oak door carved to look like the very tree it came from surrounded by little fairies.

Each door they passed had a intricate carving on it, rows of books, tropical rain forest, one a few doors down from her at the end of the hall had a large fire breathing dragon in deep teak wood with gold flecks and amethyst set into the eyes. "By my room hmm? Of the two hundred and twenty rooms in this place, fifty six are bedrooms and you choose the one that's three rooms down from my room. Clever May, very clever. I'll keep an eye on you. "He said looking suspiciously at the head maid. 

((Peelzies posted a reply to your post in the Fairy Tail rp whenever you get a chance to post in there again ^_^))

Sam also blushed a bit more when she heard what Zeroth said and continued to eat her cake and eclaire in silence. She listened to everything else that Jach said after she finished eating and before he had finished his own cake and rang the silver bell again for the some of the servants to clear the now empty dishes from the table.

When they were cleared, she stood up, and then took his offered arm before walking with him and the head maid up the stairs to the room she was going to be staying in. She made a note of the turns that they took to get there as well as what was around it like what the tapestries nearby had on them and what else was on the walls before they got to the room. When she saw the door, her eyes lit up because she liked fairies and knew that she would definitely remember what it looked like and would have no problem finding it again later on.

She had seen the other doors to rooms that were in the same hallway so she knew what to look for in case she got turned around. She made sure to memorize them so in case she saw other carvings instead, she’d know that she was in the wrong place. One of the ones they saw, had a dragon carved in the door with amethyst and gold which she thought was really pretty. When she heard that it was his room, her eyes widened because she she didn’t think that she’d be put in the same hallway as him. She giggled softly when she heard what he said to the head maid named May as well as the look he gave her before saying to her, “Thank you for setting up that room for me. I also like the carving on the door a lot because I like fairies. I’m sure you also didn’t put me in the same hallway as him on purpose.”

Edited by SkySong278

((I saw. I'll post later.))

"Actually I did. Master seems to be a repellent for nightmares, and if you ever get scared, feel free to bug the night owl. It's also to make sure he doesn't sneak out at night, he makes a ton of noise moving around his room while getting ready for bed and I thought this would be a good way to keep him in line, and for you to get used to sleeping closely together.  I thought you will ma'am. I did my research and asked your servants and acquaintances what you like and filled the room accordingly. You'll love the unicorn tapestry inside and the crystal fairies hanging from the four poster bed. An assortment of your favorite books are in your bedside table for nightly reading and a stain glass window showing your favorite flowers is in the sitting room. A few surprises are inside of course. I laid out a pair of pajamas for you mistress. " May said in a reserved tone with a poker face although the amusement of Jach's reaction was clear in her eyes. 

"So.... you know more about my bride then I do?" He said narrowing his eyes. "Indeed sir, but you better find out for yourself. I will not help you with this one. I'm your maid, not your matchmaker. Besides, it's about time you find someone suitable for you and can handle your workload with you. I speak for the whole staff when I say: stop the drawn out dramatic sighs and zoning out. You're freaking us out! Your self pity parties are pointless and waisted. We are all tired of your complaining. Lady Samantha, you are a fine welcome to the home, the atmosphere already seems less cold then it was before. Before I go my lady, I have labeled the cords that are by the doors of your sitting room, bedroom and private bathroom. Pull on those and they'll ring bells in either the maid quarters ( blue one) the kitchen (white), The butlers rooms (red [carlos] and gold[Zeroth]) my room, (silver) and one for the master's room too (royal purple). Ring any one of those and a servant will be right there. If there's any trouble, every room has a thick black cord that rings all the bells in the house and gardens to alert everyone. This is in case of a break in or assassins or something very dangerous. " She explained. 

Jach was still pouting about May knowing more about Sam then he did. And that she purposefully put her by him to keep him from getting into trouble. He huffed. "Good to know that I'm so well thought of by my staff. The sun sets... I'll get to bed now. Goodnight my lady." He kissed her hand again before walking to his room and shut the teak wood door without a word to May. 

((okay ^_^. I forgot after posting that ooc comment that you’re also following the Fairy Tail rp so you probably got a notification regarding Peelzies posting in there. sorry 😣))

Sam was a bit shocked when she heard everything that May said and continued being so especially when she heard that she had asked her servants and acquaintances what she liked. The shock was showing in her eyes with those few statements to be replaced a bit with happiness and then embarrassment regarding her getting used to sleeping near him as well as to keep him in line. She didn’t trust herself to say anything just yet so she just nodded in understanding before hearing the conversation between May and Jach.

She couldn’t help but to hide a small smile behind her hand when she heard him complain while he also made a pouting face which she secretly thought was cute. Then when she heard the rest of the conversation that was directed at her again, she regained her composure and blushed a bit when she heard the bit about her already being a nice welcome to the castle before listening closely to what was said about the cords. She nodded again in understanding before Jach said he was going to bed and kissed her hand again before heading to his room.

“Thank you again for getting the room you chose for me ready as well as getting those cords labeled. I’ll definitely use them in case I need to,” she said to May after the door to Jach’s room was closed. She didn’t say anything about his attitude since she figured that it was a normal thing for him to do. “I’ll also be turning in for the night so goodnight,” she said to the head maid with a smile before going to her own room and then closing the door again behind her after she was in it. She then undressed, got dressed into the pajamas that had been set out for her, unmade the bed, and then fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Edited by SkySong278

((I did see it, but it's always nice to have a reminder.))

The next morning Jach was in the dinning room when she went inside. He looked like a zombie, eyes bloodshot and bed head that looked like it was once a nest for a friendly hamster. He was in a black velvet robe and a silk red pajama set, fur slippers on his feet. He leaned on his hand heavily, the other held a piping hot cup of tea in a pewter cup. He was muttering something in a dark irritated tone staring at the fireplace. 

"Master has had a bad case of insomnia the last three nights. He usually does although not for this long, and keeps us up with his working frenzy, but lady May made sure he doesn't anymore. So... He might be a little off than what you saw yesterday  in the mornings for a little bit and snappier towards us servants. No need to fret about us mistress..." Zeroth said with a smile as he pulled out her seat for her and pushed it in once she sat down, Jach not budging. "We're used to his mood swings and outbursts. We did raise him from a small child, so he knows better than to snap at you. He just a little irritable and needs some rest so feel free to explore the east wing today. " 

"I'm not irritable!" Jach slammed his cup down on the table. "I'm perfectly fine, a war broke out a week ago in the southern hemisphere and one of my contracts is there trying to break his end of the deal. Idiot....  complete and utter fool. Contracts with me are iron clad but it's what he's doing with my goods that's worrying me..." He chewed on his thumbnail. "Intolerable, deplorable, irrational and moronic! Should have never made a contract with that pathetic excuse of a human. Dealing my best works to people who slaughter innocent pure civilians just to prove they can, absolutely disgusting...." He grumbled as a breakfast of omelets and cut fruits was brought out and set in front of them. 

((okay ^_^))

Samantha woke up at about 7:15, got up, put on a bathrobe and slippers, and then left her room to go downstairs where she followed a servant to the dining room. When she got there with him, she thanked him before walking in and finding the sour look on Jach’s face. It also looked like he hadn’t gotten much sleep.

She sat down with a nod to Zeroth who had pulled her chair out for her before listening to everything he said as an explanation of why Jach looked the way he did and nodded in understanding. “I can’t wait to explore that area but I’ll probably sleep a bit more first,” she said in reply to what he said regarding her being able to freely explore the east wing before jumping a bit in surprise when she heard the pewter glass slam against the tabletop suddenly before hearing everything that Jach said as an explanation of why he seemed to be in a bad mood.

“That’s understandable now of why you didn’t get much sleep and yes it does sound like that guy is bad news,” she said in reply with a small grimace before the breakfast of omelettes and other breakfast items were brought out for them to eat. She started to eat before something occurred to her that she hadn’t done the day before. “You said you had a copy of the clause you gave to my father here for me to look at but I didn’t do that yesterday. Should I do that at some point today?” she said and asked after she had swallowed a bite of her food.

"Ah... yes... forgive my outburst..." Jach said stabbing his eggs like he had a score to settle with them. "I gave your father the bride price contract and the copy I will give to you will contain both the bride price and the marriage contract which we sign after our wedding. As I said, contracts with me are iron clad so please inform me if you want to edit it before we sign. Zeroth, find that please, it's in my bedside table right hand side. I've made several edited rough drafts to the marriage contract last night so you can look at those ones too and compare the them to see if you want to add anything from those ones to the original before it's signed.  However I would've went through the bookshelf door that leads to my office to review Dorian Gray's contract myself but moving the thing makes a ton of noise and someone made it certain that was to be a good boy and stay quiet...." He growled looking at the corner where May stood looking smug. 

She winked at Sam and he huffed shoving the bite of egg in his mouth pouting like a unruly teenage boy that got scolded. He continued to growl as he ate. "Should I retrieve both contracts sir?" Zeroth asked. "No... just hers. I'll get the other after eating..." Jach said waiving his butler off then continued to eat in silence.