AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

"we stay in the same room now love. And the baby needs constant care, the girls are in your room so the baby will be in ours. Now let's name the little one-" he said opening the scroll for the child who was now asleep and froze. "It's not War's..... " He looked at Sam astonished. "It's Envy's. No wonder there was no birthmark. He's still not getting him. " He growled softly holding the sleeping baby closer to him. "Envy is the worst father among my siblings. Pride is better, Lust is probably the best one, after all he is of love and a father son relationship is a type of love. He raised Zero. But Envy...... Very, very few of his children actually make it to complete adulthood. " He sighed softly and started a part protective growl part purr looking at the child. "Uncle Jach would look after you little one. You are safe here." He looked up at Helena standing by his knee looking up at him concerned and studying him and the babe. He pulled her up onto his lap. "All of you are. Looks like your monkey needs a good bath and a doctor. Abigail could help it get better. Let's go get you guys some clean and warm clothes then maybe we can play hide and seek?"

"I know but during around this time when you need to nap due to hibernation, I’m a distraction to you if I stay in the same room as you so that's why I asked which room we'd put the crib in. Okay our room it is and I set up my room for the girls. Should we get him baptized first before putting his name on the scroll?" she asked before hearing the trailed off statement he started to say and she looked a bit confused before hearing the rest of what he said. "Oh no," she said with a concerned expression on her face when she heard that the little baby was Envy's before hearing the protective growl that came from him after the last statement he said about him (Envy) not getting him (the baby). Her concern then grew a bit more but more towards Jach and not the baby this time. She gently rubbed the sleeping baby with a finger against his head before hearing the rest of what he said that was comparing his siblings being fathers and was very interested to know that Lust was the one who raised Zeroth but then that turned into sadness when she heard about not all of Envy's children make it to adulthood. "Don't forget Aunt Sam," she said when she heard what he said next after he let out a somewhat protective growl that was also part protective purr when he looked at the baby. She then smiled a bit again when she heard everything that he said and asked to little Helena as well as to Dawn and company after pulling her into his lap. "I can help the girls get dressed in clean warm clothes in my room," she said while offering to help the girls get dressed.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach nodded. "I'll help the boys. Let's get you into something warm." He said and set Helena down and got up the four kids followed him out and where amazed at everything. He lead the boys to the room adjacent to hers and set the sleeping baby down and helped the boys clean up and comb their hair, they both had a warm bath and washed their hair, he trimmed it so it looked nice then helped them in some soft wool clothes. Plain, but simple made from good matireal. Being careful he took some room temperature water and took off the baby blanket and the hat it had on. 

The baby had pointed ears like an elf, and under it's hat was a color of hair that was definitely unnatural. A vibrant aqua, sea green at the roots to Caribbean blue in the tips. Envy was the only one in hell who had emerald green hair, wraths was like fire, greed was golden, lust raven black gluttony a mud brown, and sloths a full Ashen grey and pride had thick hair like a barbery lion's mane rich dark brown with lighter brown around his sideburns. 

To have a child with this color of hair, the mortal woman must have hair like Sam's and have that be a reoccurring trait in her family. He chuffed knowing Envy probably chose the woman on purpose to irritate him. He rolled his shoulders to get rid of the thought and carefully cleaned and clothes the baby then wrapped him in his second favorite lap blanket and went to the hallway knocking on Sam's door. "We're ready. Are the girls ready? We first Christen the child with a name, then they be baptized. I'd like a strong unique name for him." He said through the door. 

Sam led the girls upstairs to her room where they looked around it in amazement at how big it was. She had been given some kid jackets from May before she had gone up the stairs and she helped them into the bath so that they could get clean. Then when they got out, she helped them dry off and then get dressed afterward before she helped them get their hair fixed into braids after drying it with the towel. Once they were dressed in warm, wool clothes she led them into the sitting room where she played go fish and war with them and they were still there when Jach came by to get them. She answered the door after hearing his question and the statement that followed after the question.

"Yes the girls are ready and how about Aiden or Zander?" she said and asked in reply after opening the door. She then gestured for the girls to come to the door before walking out of the room with them in tow. She then saw the baby's hair and ears and said and asked with a shocked expression on her face, "Wow those are some pointy ears and a very unique hair color. Guessing it's from Envy?"

" You ladies look lovely in your new clothes. And the young men here look dashing! Abbi is getting your monkey washed up and getting him back to normal. He should be done by the time you get to bed Helena. Will you be okay without him for a few hours?" He asked the little girl softly. She nodded. Dawn was quiet, while death simply didn't register with Helena very well, Dawn, and the boys knew about it all too well and seem to be trying to wrap their minds around the information. "Now if anyone has questions, morning noon or night don't hesitate to ask me. Sam may be more available, however she is new to her duties and is still learning so she wouldn't know the answer. " He explained as he headed to a different sitting room other then the one with the tree, more of a massive half ballroom sized entering room with lots of shelves and hiding spots for the game of hide and seek.

"Envy more elf like and regal then my brothers, definitely appearing more human but with green hair, yes. And from a woman who has hair like yours. I was thinking something more Greek sounding, like Layland or Alesandro but... Zander is a phonetic equivalent to Xander, a short form of Alexander. Alexander is the Latin form of the Greek name Alesandro. The name still means the same; Mankind's protector.  

How about, Zander Mateo Kristo Echarerin Verona? Mouthful I know but the longer the name is, the better. Names have power over demons. If my brother named him, he'd be at my brother's will. Besides, envy would never utter the names Mateo - pure - and Kristo- Christ bearer - in the same sentence. He would be christened that name, but baptized and known only as Zander Echlare. " He sat down on the couch still holding the baby now looking fondly at the peaceful sleeping face of the babe with such warm tenderness. Even though the child wasn't from him or Sam, it was very clear he already thinks of him as his precious son. 

"I can still try to answer their questions and get help from the rest of the staff here if I don't know the exact answer," Sam said with a small teasing pout when she heard him say that she'd be more available but she wouldn't be able to answer their questions after hearing the question he asked little Helena regarding her stuffed monkey. She then heard everything else he said regarding Envy and his appearance as well as why the baby had the hair color he did when they got to the bigger ballroom like sitting room that had a lot of places to hide in while playing hide and seek which she thought was perfect.

"So did he do that on purpose? Choose the lady with the same hair color as mine, I mean. I'm glad you like the name Zander although it's not quite the name you were wanting for the little tyke but glad that it still works. I like that name a lot. Yours is a mouthful as well but I think that name will fit him nicely. If it'll keep Envy away, maybe it'll work. Alright let's do it," she said in reply while also looking down at the little babe with a gentle look as well when she sat down beside him on the couch.

"He's very cute," she said as she gently brushed his hair away with a couple of fingers from her right hand. "Will we have to dye his hair or would it be okay to keep it the way it is?"

"He did, and used his power to speed the process of the pregnancy. All my siblings have mouthfuls of names. Well, except one sister but she's the weakest one of all of Lucifer's children so her full name is relatively meaningless to anyone who craves power. "  He explained a little bit. He told the kids to start hiding and started to count to sixteen. 

He was at eight when she asked about dyeing he baby's hair. "Hair dye won't work. Nine! Color would come out in a few days. Ten! I've tried that before. Eleven! You can say that it is, I can't however because I can't lie. Twelve! Now go hide! Thirteen!"

“Oh and hm very sneaky. Oh okay. I guess that’s good to know,” she said in reply to his first few statements before he started counting and she heard the rest of what he said in between his counting. “Okay good to know that hair dye won’t work and I can just lie about his hair color if we cover it up with a blanket. Okay and I bet you won’t find me,” she said in reply before giving him a small kiss on the cheek and then went to find a big chest to hide in.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach chuckled and continued to count, slowly this time so she had more time to get into a spot. Once he got to sixteen he got up with the statement. "Ready or not here I come!" He got up and slowly moved around the room, checking easy places and finding no one yet. 

Sam stayed where she was, not wanting to move at all to give herself away or make a sound so she stayed as quiet as she could when she heard him start walking around in order to try to find them.

Jach found Tim first, then found Helena afterwards.  Gorgie came after laughing seeing that he was wedged under a narrow table with his body pressed to the top of it in a cartoonish way making jach completely surprised by his ability to hold his body up under the table for that long. 

Now time to find dawn and Sam. He looked in cupboards, behind the cloths of sofas and chairs, sinks and then chests opening up one and finding Sam. "Got you love!" He said poking her nose. 

Sam stayed where she was when she heard as Jach found each of the young kids and was tempted to fall asleep but didn't when she heard him come closer to where she was until he opened the chest and found her. "Yes you got me," she said in reply while giggling and smiling a bit when he poked her nose. "Let's find Dawn," she said after a few minutes of silence that had fallen between them and when she noticed that she was the only kid he hadn't found yet in their game.

Jach nodded and they all split up to find her. After checking most available spaces he scratched his head. "Alright! I give up you're the winner of the game!" He called. No response. He handed the baby to Sam and rolled his shoulders before sticking out his tounge, pointed and thin like his demon side tasting the air to track her.  

Carefully following the scent he came to a door and opened it to another room with no furniture or anything to hide in and a window was open. "Oh.... Oh no. I'll go find her, if you want to help get on jackets and look around the grounds for footprints." He said and kicked off one shoe took off a sock and grew into his demon self running across the empty room and springing out the window. 

Sam looked for Dawn with the other kids in any of the other rooms in the big castle but they couldn’t find her anywhere. She made her way back to where Jach was with the other kids in tow when she heard him yell what he did but also frowned when she didn’t hear a reply.

When she was given the baby to hold, she took him while he tracked her and then he came back and said what he did she nodded with an even deeper frown on her face before helping put the kid’s jackets on and then put on hers afterward. She then went outside with them as they started to look for any footprints that might be in the snow.

Edited by SkySong278

There where meny footprints quickly being covered in snow that still fell steadily from the sky. At one point they came across Jach's tracks, four human fingers, four lizard like, a distinct clawed back foot that would look like a dinosaur's and the tip of a human shoe. 

They seemed to scattle low to the ground and at one point disappeared for twenty feet like he lept and glided for a bit before landing and following a trail of swept snow to the forest past his gates, heading back down hill to the town. 

Before they went to far down the hill Zero pulled up with black horses and a slegh of ebony. "Master said she's headed into town. Get in so you don't have to walk six miles to the town edge!" He called to her and the kids. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam and the kids stopped when Zeroth pulled up with a sleigh pulled by two black horses and she heard everything he said. “Okay,” she said in reply before helping Tim, Georgie and Helena up into the sled before she got in herself and sat beside the latter.

Cracking a whip over the horse's heads they lurched into a full gallop down the mountain. As they neared the town a owl appeared and hooted and Zeroth jerked on the raines and they slid twords the bad part of town. Flying down the crowded streets full of last minute shoppers and families coming into town, nobody seemed to notice the black sleigh swerving through carriages and crowds of people before they slid to a sudden halt outside of a rundown Home for young girls just beyond the edge of a district in a not so friendly part of the town. Zeroth looked in horror at the place as Dawn followed a younger looking girl, about maybe eight or nine out the front door and down the street. Dawn was trying to talk to the girl, and looked at the sleigh with a icy stare before running after the girl who had on a tattered stained pink dress on and a thin coat with a large needle pinned to the lapel. 

Zeroth, the always level headed and laid back jokester seemed to give off a sicking sweet smell, one like a fly trap makes. Jach sprang from the roof of the home and landed on the street looking on as Dawn still tried to get the attention of he girl, telling her to run before she gets sucked in, but it was clear that the girl didn't hear her. Jach, although it was during the day was in full demon form due to the overcast and dark clouds of the ever falling snow, looked at Zeroth who looked ready to pounce on anyone who walked into the house. Jach gave him a nod and waved him to dawn and the girl. 

Zeroth then jumped off, fixed his suit and walked over to the cold and frightened girl. He crouched and begin speaking to her, ignoring Dawn who berated him then walked with the girl back to the house going inside as Dawn stood outside looking defeated. 

"He won't hurt her. I didn't know this place existed, so with my blessing he's making an offer on my behalf. Buying the property and the occupants inside. She's your sister isn't she? " He said softly standing by Dawn. 

"I don't trust you! Or him!" She shouted and started hitting his wings. "You're a demon! A devil! You love these kinds of things! I don't believe you!" She screamed and started to cry. "I'll kill you if you hurt her! I'm already dead! You can't kill me twice!"

Jach simply looked sadly at the door of the building. "Zeroth is an offspring of lust, an Incubus. But that doesn't mean that he is bad. " He sighed. "He grew up in a place like this. Him and his twin sister, a human girl, not much older then you at the time both experienced what you had to. When she died, he promised her to find all places like this one, and destroy the people who run them, save the children and get them help." She said softly setting a hand on Dawns head. "No, they can't join us at the house, but I will send a guardian here. From now on, your sister and any child inside will be safe. "

((If you are confused I'll send a pm to you explaining. ))

((I am a little bit but it’s okay. that’s fine. I’ll post my reply in here tomorrow. I have a small headache and I’m going to go to bed to hopefully make it go away. I meant to post earlier but then I had to do something in the yard that took a bit longer than I had wanted it to))

Sam held on as tightly as she could onto one of the rails that were on the sides of the sleigh. She made sure that the kids did the same thing just as their transportation lurched into a full gallop down the mountainside. She looked up at the owl that suddenly appeared before hearing it hoot which apparently told Zeroth something since he slid towards a bad part of the town below. She looked around the town as they swerved around the crowded streets and through multiple carriages that held families and last minute Christmas shoppers and then then studied the rundown looking home that had younger girls. She then saw Dawn running after another girl dressed in a tattered stained pink dress with a thin coat over the dress.

She then looked curiously over at Zeroth when a sudden sickenly sweet smell seemed to come from him, the same kind of smell that comes from a fly trap when attracting flies. She briefly wondered what that scent was for before noticing Jach spring from the roof of the home in front of them and then land on the street. She smiled a bit when she saw him there and it grew slightly bigger when she noticed Zeroth move towards Dawn and the other girl due to the former motioning for him to do so.

Then her smile faded slightly when she heard Dawn start berating him although he ignored her and then also as the latter looked a bit defeated. That also caused her to be a bit confused as to why she'd look and feel that way and she had that expression show on her face.

She then saw Jach talking to Dawn but couldn't hear what he said to her but could hear what she yelled at him quite clearly from where she was on the sleigh. She also saw him start hitting him before she started to cry. She wanted to go over there and try to comfort her but then thought better of it and stayed where she was. She'd probably be hit and yelled at as well and that wouldn't help Jach.

When the other conversation between Jach and Dawn seemed to end, she didn't see his lips moving anymore, that's when she decided that it was okay to approach them. She had the kids get off with her but then had them stay near the sleigh before she went towards the other two. "Will she be coming back with us or will she be staying somewhere else?" she asked Jach before looking at Dawn with a small gentle smile.

"It is up to her. If she stays, she'll never be able to move on to the afterlife. Your father is waiting for you Dawn. In your scroll a request for visitation was placed by him  when you were three years old and he had passed away. If you come back and complete my course, you'll be able to see him."

"And if I stay?" She asked. "You'll be tethered to this place and become a vengeful spirit that is stuck here forever. Your sister will be safe. I may be a demon, but I never lie, and always keep my promises. " He patted Dawn's head. "And I promise that this place will close today. Zeroth is very persuasive. Now come on. I can always take you to see your sister again before you move on. "

"You really would do that?" She asked looking at the door to the place. "Yes. " 

Dawn seemed to think for a moment then turned around and hugged Sam starting to cry again. Jach turned to her and waved them back to the sleigh. "Zeroth will be here for a little bit. Negotiating with these kind of people can take a while for a agreement then drafting a contract to go on my records that is to my approval is required for the transaction to take place. I'll drive you all home. Or we can go by a few stores to get early gifts for everyone?" He said looking at Sam. 

“Okay,” she said in reply before hearing everything he said to Dawn afterward and the little girl’s response. She thought that it was sweet of her dad to want to visit her and was glad that she’d be able to see him after Jach’s course as well as her being able to see her sister before she moved on. She then held her when she hugged her and started crying again before hearing what all Jach said and asked her as she did that. “I think we should ask the kids what they’d like to do. I think shopping for early gifts would be fun but they might have some other ideas,” she said before turning her attention to them. “What do you guys think?”

The kids nodded lighting up at the thought of Christmas gifts of their own. "It's settled then. Now let's show you a magic trick. " Jach and and snaps his fingers darkness slipped from his fingers and covered the sleigh and made it into a, still black, but visible and a high end one with silver kimono dragon designs on the sides. He went back to his human self. "Let's go to the market."

Sam smiled at the sight of them smiling at the suggestion of them getting their own Christmas gifts and then watched as Jach made the sleigh visible again while also having silver kimono dragon designs appear on the sides of it. She then got into the sleigh again with the kids after hearing what he said in regards to them going to the market, waiting for him to also get in so that they could be on their way.

Jach got in the driver's seat and flicked the harness making the horses move. He wound his way back around the town to the main Street and parked it on the side. "Let's go in here." He pointed to a large toy store. "Then we can get you some clothes I'll take the boys and Sam take the girls. Is that alright?" He asked the kids. Helena climbed up onto the driver's seat and into his lap. "I wanna go with you!" "Can we all pick something for the baby too?" Asked the older boy. Jach smiled. "Of course you can! Now come along." He got off and held Helena on his side and helped them all from the sleigh.