AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Once in Germany, he woke his wife and got them to the car. He then drove for an hour until they got to a gorgeous lake in the mountain side with a castle that seemed to be built in the mountain.  It was when he turned from the asphalt to the rock path to the castle did something seem to happen. He had the windows rolled down, and the air got crisper, cleaner, the lake appeared like a gigantic mirror, so still and clear. The birds and noise of the wind immediately ceased to exist. No insects bothered them. 

When he pulled into the castle he parked the car and removed his shoes. "This land is sacred. When we fly, keep an ear out for birds and wind. None enter here. This is the place I was born, the place my mom was captured and remained here until she gave birth and the place my father was thrown out of heaven. This is where the garden of Eden was located, the clay here made mankind and where God had walked among his creation. Here we can release the full extent of our abilities without worrying about harming others or the environment around us the Divine energy here would purify any and all damage done to this place. This is also the place where my brothers could not enter here is where we will prepare for battle with my siblings. " He said calmly. "I never thought I'd be back here again. "

She woke up when Jach woke her, wondering if they had arrived in Germany and then confirming it after looking out the window and not seeing the scenery she had accustomed to seeing before the plane touched down and they got to the waiting car afterward. She watched the scenery go by for an hour as he drove, thinking it was all really pretty and especially the lake and castle that looked like it was built into the mountainside. She was enjoying the crisp and clean breeze through the open window until it suddenly went away, including the sound of chirping birds and that was after they pulled onto a rock path from the asphalt that they had been on earlier.

She had a curious and confused look on her face as they pulled up close to the castle and then pulled into an area afterward for it (guessing a garage or some other structure where you can park a car) while watching as he removed his shoes and then listened to everything he said as an explanation after. She removed her own shoes before saying in reply after he was done saying everything he did, "Oh and I'll do that. I wonder how I'd be able to fly without the wind's help, but it'll be a fun challenge all the same. Oh so no wonder this place is so beautiful, though I'm sorry to hear that your mom was a captive here. Ah and I'd be glad to not cause any damage while practicing all of my abilities. Okay and I'm glad they won't be able to enter here and cause us trouble." She put a gentle hand on his arm when she heard the last thing he said before saying in reply with a smile on her face, "I'm glad to be here with you and our daughter. I'm here if you need me."

Jach nodded and tenderly kisses her. .

------

A month and a half later found Jach on the top most spire overlooking the lake. He was in a simple pair of cloth pants, no shirt and his hair tied at the nape of his neck into a ponytail. With the castle on a small cliff side dropping to the water, it was roughly the same drop from the empire state building to the city concrete. Still, despite this, he stood at the edge of the spire eyes blindfolded as he slowly tipped forward. 

He had asked his wife to set up a picnic to carefully watch his movements and time him. Although immortal, it still would drastically hurt hitting the lake at terminal velocity. During the day, he would have no hope in saving himself on devine land- that is with just his demon wings...

A flash of gold and crimson and his toes where skimming the lake water quickly angling back up in a spiral before hovering over the sun, a second flash of gold and a massive flap sent a jet of air on the lake splitting the water like the red sea, yet none left the confines of the bank and the earth below the water was visible yet a small three inch layer remained over the soil. With another twist he swooped down and landed, the water quickly returned to normal and went still once more. Jach was sweating and breathing heavily. Using devine power after not having it for so long wore him out. He lifted the blindfold. "Did I completely split the lake to where you can walk on dry land? " He gasped letting his wings droop as he bent over to catch his breath. 

Sam smiled and kissed him back just as tenderly as he did her.

~*~•~*~

A month and a half or so later found Sam on a blanket with a picnic like Jach had requested with Aria in her lap and stop watch in her hand. She was looking up at the spire and with her eyes on Jach. As soon as he tipped forward, she pressed the button to time him which he also requested she do. She watched him without worry as she knew that this was a usual thing for him.

She looked down at Aria briefly with a smile when she heard her gurgle happily at seeing her daddy before having her attention go back to being on him afterward. She wondered why he was blindfolded, but just figured he was testing himself and hadn’t asked and wouldn’t.

Her eyes then widened in surprise when she saw the water of the lake split in half like the Red Sea had centuries ago around the time of Moses and then her expression went back to normal and with a smile when she heard Aria giggle at getting a bit wet from the water’s mist that blew onto her from it being split. She then looked from their daughter to him when he landed after the water went back to normal. “Mhm and it was quite the spectacle. It made Aria giggle at getting wet somewhat from the mist. You okay?” she said and asked in reply to his question with her face showing a bit of concern when she saw him be a bit worn out. “I like your hair up in a ponytail and you being shirtless.”

"I only brought so many shirts and I don't want to ruin them." He gasped flopping onto the blanket. "I haven't used devine m magic in roughly three centuries. I was still a child then, and like my demonic abilities it grew too just didn't have an outlet to escape from until I got my wings back. It drains me to control the blowback of such raw power. " He grumbled into the grass as Aria giggles again. "You think daddy is funny when tired?" He cooed booping her little nose. "The blindfold was to force me to feel the air around my wings. Feathers have a different feel in fast flowing air and the slightest tilt can turn you one way or another.  It's still not enough. I need to master my wind gusts before I work on devine fire, for that fire comes from sun and air. I don't want to kill my brothers, just maim them where they are stuck in their houses.  Murdering them would be a headache to find a replacement in Hell, however envy I will severely wound and throw him in with Father. Zander would be a good replacement for him."

“Okay but I still like seeing you shirtless and with your hair pulled back in a ponytail,” she said in reply to the first thing he said before he flopped onto the blanket and then listened to everything else he said including the statement that was said before Aria giggled again which made her smile a bit more. “Ah okay. Maybe as you get more used to it, you’ll be less tired. Oh and all of that is good to know and for me to keep in mind if I end up doing the same thing myself soon. Alright and hopefully he won’t mind it,” she said in reply before seeing a sandwich down beside him and then starting to eat hers afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"war with my siblings is enviable and unavailable now that sloth woke up. I don't like fleeing but now that I have you and our beloved daughter, I don't want to risk losing both of you and end up going dragon. I'll flatten another mountain range during that time and the amount of souls I'll have to sort through after my rampage would be astronomical." He groans again. 

Sam listened to everything that Jach said, resting her head against his shoulder while doing so and also trying to be a comforting presence at the same time. “I’m glad we have you to protect us. I’m also hoping to be just as good a protector as you after I train more to get better with my powers and abilities.”

"Speaking of, have you been able to utilize them? What are they? I know they are something similar to mine of darkness and nightmare but even that is a overall encompassing field my power entails. To put it directly, I can see a soul's worst fear and create a illusion of such fear in shadows, or manifest it into being using shadows I've solidified." He explained plucking a long bit of grass to tickle his daughter with. 

“I don’t think I’ve used them yet. They might be light and manifesting good dreams and creating did from them with light. I’ll have to experiment, but I might be able to also make weapons out of it as well like arrows and spears,” she said in reply while in thought and then smiled as she heard Aria giggle as he tickled her with a blade of grass.