AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

“That’s good to know and ah okay. I can’t wait to see her again even if she won’t be very clear,” Sam said in reply before looking over at him and seeing him trying to wake up. She thought that the sight was very cute but she didn’t say that aloud. She did hide a smile behind her hand, though. She then looked over at Zander and let her smile show as she looked at him sleeping so cutely.

Edited by SkySong278

"Little imp is fast asleep. I feel like a happy father. " He said softly nudging her with his foot. "To think about it, he can call us mom and dad. After all we will be the only parents he knows. "

“And I feel like a happy mother,” she said in reply before feeling his foot nudge her. “I guess that’s true. He’s so cute when he’s asleep. You’re cute as well, you know.”

"I know. Now pick him up dinner's about done. I can smell the honey ham from here and the doors been ringing for the past five minutes, go let in the bishop before the poor man freezes outside." He said directing thw last part to Abby who was still standing there watching the two with a smile. She flushed, nodded and darted off to let in the bishop and brought him in the sitting room to warm up as she took his coat and gloves. 

“Okay and I can smell it, too. It smells so good,” she said in reply before picking Zander up as requested and then started to hum softly as she headed towards the dining room and also while Abby went to let the bishop in so he can be warmer.

The bishop Robert smiled at the baby in Sam's arms. "Is this going to be the little one I'm going to baptize? Sweet child." He chuckled softly and followed them to the dinning hall. "Each year I look forward to this dinner and ceremony. It is truly a blessing Bei I able to see the souls being redeemed and sent to our Father. Shall I say grace tonight Jach or would you like to?" He asked sitting down at the head of the table, Jach taking the left seat. 

"I would like to bishop." He said softly with a smile.

Sam smiled at the Bishop and nodded when she heard the question about him being the one that he was going to baptize before listening to the rest of what he said. “This will be my first time seeing this ceremony and I’m excited to see it,” she said before hearing the question he asked Jach and the latter’s answer to it a few minutes afterward. She sat down beside Jach while still holding Zander in her lap.

Jach started the prayer. He thanked the Lord for every blessing given to Him this year, his wife, wedding, the child and the family he always wanted. He prayed for the souls to be received tonight, the ones still needing redemption and even for La Roux. 

He blessed the meal, then wrapped it up with the traditional Catholic blessing of food. 

After he started eating. The banter between him and the bishop was friendly. Dinner and dessert where lovely and then after that they  got dressed up in warm clothes and went outside where an alter was set up and incense lit.

The bishop read a few verses and then had each soul step forward and was anointed with oil. A final verse was spoken and they received communion. The clouds broke briefly and a star  glowed brighter and then a pale champagne colored light shine down, growing in intensity closer to the star.  The brilliant golden spot was at the center where the gates to Heaven, but a single dark figure stood outside of them waving an arm. His mother. 

A couple dozen angels came down avoiding eye contact or physical contact with Jach as they flew up the souls to heaven. 

Sam smiled and blushed a bit when she heard the part of the prayer where he was thankful for her before the prayer was over and she also started to eat her dinner. As she did that, she smiled a bit more when she heard the conversation between Jach and the bishop before she was done eating and then went outside with the others after changing into something warmer. She watched as the souls were anointed with oil after Robert had said his blessings over it and then curiously watch as a light began to shine from one of the stars up above before the gates of Heaven appeared and opened.

She leaned slightly against Jach when she noticed a dark figure in the opening of the gates and figured that it was his mom before some angels came down and took the souls up to Heaven. “It’s such a beautiful sight,” she said as she kept her eyes on the sky.

"Indeed it always is. " He said waving back to the figure, letting his deep glow surrounded him so she could see him from that distance. Once the last souls where taken up, as soon as heaven opened, the light was gone, only a star among millions in the sky. 

----

The rest of the year passed by uneventfully. More souls where collected, new staff introduced and menu more naps between him and the baby. The child's baptism went without a hitch, little Zander was introduced to her father as his adopted grandson and within a few weeks the child already had several teeth and was starting to crawl. A little deer's tail wagged as he started to move around following his adopted parents around the room, only able to get a few feet at a time though. His tail was aqua like his hair, with a mint underside to it. It was cute, and very easily hidden by his pants. 

She also smiled and waved back at the figure before watching as the rest of the souls were taken up and the light faded and the gate closed.

•~•~•~•

She was glad that her father accepted Zander so readily when he (Zander) was introduced to him (her father) and smiled every time she caught their adopted son and Jach napping, thinking they were so cute. She was currently on the couch after walking there when she noticed Zander crawling around and smiled happily before going back to reading. She thought his little wagging deer tail was cute as she hummed softly while reading the page she was on.

(gonna skip more)

Over the years Zander grew up fast. By the time he was thirteen he looked like he was in his early twenties.  An invitation came to them about this time for a grand Galla of the merchants. The top thirty most profitable merchants where going to be there, laviathan shipping was in the top five. It wasn't number one by any means, but it was darn close to number three. 

Jach got Zander looking spiffy in a suit  and his hair fluffed up to hide his little curled horns. Jach himself dressed up in a deep navy blue and silver four peice suit. 

((k))

As Jach helped Zander get ready before he in turn started to do the same, Sam got dressed in one of the dresses she had tried on for the former during her little fashion show and fixed her hair to be in a fishtail braided ponytail down her back before putting on a silver necklace and earrings for the occasion. She also wore white flats under her silver dress that had three-quarter inch sleeves. She also wore silver bracelets around both her left and right wrists. When she was completely ready, she emerged and waited for them in the foyer downstairs.

Jach trotted down the stairs and met her at the foyer. "Darling that dress looks like woven starlight. And you will be the brightest star out tonight. If it were gold, you'd outshine the sun." He said softly and took her hand kissing the back of it. Zander came down after him in a black suit with a aqua vest and bowtie matching his hair color. His hair was smoothed back completely and shinny from the grease that kept it there.  He slipped a deck of cards into his breath pocket to practice his illusion magic with card tricks and perhaps play a game of poker there. "Ready Papa. You do look lovely mom. Papa did my hair tonight. It hides my horns. " He said with a bright smile a little dimple in his left cheek. 

Jach took her hand and tucked it into her arm. "Now Zander don't be showing your cloven hooves if you do play a game. I don't like cheaters." He said sternly Zander followed behind. "Will do Papa." He said as they got into the carriage and headed to the brand new city hall where the Galla was being held.

Sam blushed a bit when she heard everything Jach said in regards to her dress and what it looked like. “Thanks dear and you look very dashing,” she said in reply with a smile after he had kissed the back of her hand. She then looked from him to the stairs to see Zander coming down then with his outfit on and his hair slicked back with a bit of grease. “Thank you and you look very nice as well,” she told him before her arm was put in the crook of the former’s arm and also before they headed out to the waiting carriage.

“I can’t wait to see what the new city hall looks like,” she said after they were settled and on their way there.

Edited by SkySong278

"Me too. They chose different architects and designs then what is traditional around these parts, I heard it is a more English style and industrialized. It has a boiler for heat instead of fireplaces and during the summer heat it has this new thing called air conditioning so you don't have to open windows. It's amazing seeing the new inventions humans come up with over the years. Apparently with the heat and cooling system you have precise control over the temperature in each room! It came over from the amaricas." He said excitedly like a child who has discovered a new interest. 

Zander was flipping a card in his fingers using illusion to change it from an ace of hearts to the king queen and Jack of the same suit then the other three suits. "I thought you liked the heat papa. Would you be okay if it's cold in there? It is summer and it gets hot and muggy at night." He said looking out the window blankly. "Is grandpa coming to the Galla? .... Please don't tell me that Sanderson family would be there. Their kids are absolute demons in human skin and would probably feel right at home in uncle Greed ring or with Aunt Eris. Hell, they're probably the offspring of the two." He muttered.

"Zander Mateo Kristo, that is not nice to say about your class mates and yes they will be there. Their family ranks number fourteen. Your grandfather is number twenty five so he should be there. " He snapped strictly making Zander flinch. Jach's expression softened and he looked to his wife knowing something was going on with school if that son was saying such things. However he wasn't good with tenderness unless it was his wife- Sam however could always get the boy to talk about his feelings and what was bothering him. 

“Sounds wonderful. It is indeed,” she said in reply with a smile and got a bit excited herself about the boiler and that other temperature controlling method he spoke of; air conditioning. Her eyes sparkled some at being around a boiler and air conditioning and couldn’t wait to be around them. Her smile then faded slightly when she heard Zander talking about his classmates in a very unkind manner, but wondered if maybe it had something to do with maybe them possibly bullying him or just being mean to him.

“I’m glad dad’ll be there and he can see how much you’ve grown dear,” she said at first in regards to her dad being there before broaching the next subject of his classmates. “Now is there something going on with them and you at school?” she asked him tenderly with the smile she had earlier now showing again on her face and in her eyes.

Edited by SkySong278

Zander nodded. "Not with me, but others. There's a couple kids on scholarship to our school and they bully them relentlessly. I tried to be friendly with the scholarship kids but then those boys got to them and said I'm only friends with them because my dad made the scholarship they acquired. ...." He fell quite as the card stopped on a jack of hearts and he started biting his lip.

Jach smiled a little bit and raised an eyebrow. "And you think one of the new boys is cute and you know they're into guys too?" He said softly knowing he went to a all boys school.

Zander flushed then went pale. "How did you-?! You're going to hate me now aren't you?" He looked at his feet.

Jach started to laugh. "Boy, why would I gate my son?" "Because we're told it's a sin to like guys in school...." He said softly.

Jach sighed and shook his head. "Son, humans take what they want from the holy book and twist it to fit them. In the old testament, yes it says that, but in the new it says love thy neighbor. Jesus didn't stutter when he said that. If your neighbor is a screaming drag queen, gay, gentile or pagan, He's forgiven all. Besides Zander, you're a demon. I would've been concerned if you hadn't started to think about men or women that way yet. Belle could give you a.... Abbreviated and parent approved version of attraction to same or opposite genders better than I can but one thing is for certain my son. No matter who you feel attracted to, I will never hate or beashamed of you. Now if you like those very underaged or far far older then you... Then we'll have a talk but I still would never hate you son." He said calmly. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam listened to everything Zander said and smiled a bit when she noticed the cards stop on a Jack of hearts as well as him biting his lip. She had seen the biting lip reaction when she was in school. She then had her attention be on Jach when she heard what he said as well as seeing the former’s reaction.

She grew a bit concerned when she heard what their son asked but then that went away when she heard everything that Jach said after seeing the reaction and then turned her attention back to being on Zander afterward to see how he might react and hoped that he’d feel a bit better than he did earlier. However, she was a bit worried about something else but she was careful to keep that from showing on her face except her eyes.

Edited by SkySong278

Zander looked at his mom wondering what her response would be. "I know people aren't so accepting of that these days... Hopefully in the future it can be. It's reassuring to know that my parents would stand by me. " He locked eyes with his mother. "Still, those boys are rude and spoiled. Remember that dad managed to get me a private changing room for gym and fencing class? They pitched a fit until they got one for each of them too. The school dean got angry because I seemed to get 'special treatment' from the instructors getting one on one fights with them and my own changing room so much so, he nearly revoked my privilege without consulting you two. It wasn't until my weights and fencing instructors had me demonstrate how strong and fast I am in front of him, and the doctor telling him about my 'growth' did he understand why I can't be with the others. Still, after being told that for medical reasons and student safety I was set aside, both boys wrote to their parents, who then threatened to sue and withdraw their monthly allowance to the school he made them an acception too." He growled softly. 

"They don't dare physically hurt me, the first time that happened I broke the kid's hand remember? They just make sure I don't have any friends spreading lies about me. It's annoying and I'm going into my second year of high school with no friends."

“Yes, of course. We love you. It doesn’t matter what orientation you end up being,” Sam said in reply before hearing everything else he said and frowned somewhat. She then turned her attention to be on Jach before asking, “Should we tutor him at home for the rest of the school year or would that make it worse?” Then she looked back over at Zander before saying in addition, “I’m sorry the kids at your school treat you that way as well as the faculty there. Is there anything we can do to make it better or would that not end up helping at all?”

((sorry I didn’t have her say anything in the previous post. I didn’t know what to have her say))

Edited by SkySong278

((it's okay :) ))

Jach shook his head. "Stepping in would make things worse in treatment not only for our son, but the kids who are being bullied by the other boys as well. As for taking him out of school... Well, I believe Zander would like to stay, at least to get to know more about his crush and help him. I understand that it can be.... Very difficult to come out, or stay hidden and unfortunately I see many young souls who could have used support end up in my home for their suicides. However.... There is an alternative. You said these boys are part of my scholarship program in the school? Sure the Sanderson's generously donate to the school... But I also happen to know their own children would not be able to attend if it wasn't for a more anonymous program attached to the first program their family wouldn't have the correct qualifications to attend such a prestigious School. " Jach said softly. 

Zander frowned in thought. Usually his father would get into details like this when he's trying to prove a point or lead someone to an idea. "So....you're saying that I should look at this scholarships terms and conditions and see if they are in violation? But... wouldn't that be retaliation and bad?" He said confused.

"Not retaliation. Simply enforcing the rules. I attend every scholarship meeting to ensure the terms and conditions are clear. Humans are often forgetful creatures though and may need a little reminder. Do research, collect evidence and report. If the findings are conclusive then punishment will be carried out by the school itself, not by us or you. You are in the contract 101 class yes? I'm sure your teacher would be happy to help you achieve this task. He's always been one for legal documents and a scholarship is a legal document." He said with a dismissive wave as they pulled in front of the building. "We'll speak more on this later. Let's go see this magnificent place!"

((okay :)))

“Alright and that’s very sad,” Sam said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said that was directed at Zander. She thought about it and thought it was a good suggestion of what could be done. She wondered what this anonymous program would do but would ask about it later when they were back home. She then listened to the rest of what Zander and Jach said and just nodded before getting out of the carriage when they arrived at the building.

After she stepped out and was waiting for the other two to join her, she looked at it and her eyes widened a bit in surprise and with awe at its appearance. “Wow. It’s absolutely marvelous,” she breathed out when she could find her voice again.

Edited by SkySong278

"Splendid! Mixing Greek columns with a floral motif with gargoyles and frosted glass makes for a unique look. " Jach said stepped out of the carriage taking her arm. Zander trailed close behind them as they climbed the thirty two long marble steps and walked through the double doors that had a square in square design and then where directed down a wide but short corridor of doors for court rooms to a grand area of the ballroom/ meeting room.

Many extravagantly dressed peoples where walking around as a small string classical orchestra played in the corner. The room was lit by large pained floor to ceiling windows that where clear at the bottom and frosted at the top, a good sized skylight under which hung a chandelier glowing with flame shaped light bulbs, scones with little mirrors to reflect the light where placed between the windows, adding more light with their bulbs shedding a steady yellow light. "Marvelous! Absolutely beautiful! These lights are far more reliable than a candle... Less of a fire hazard too."

“Yes indeed,” Sam said in reply before he grabbed her arm and they made their way inside the building. She admired the marble stairs as they walked up them and then also admired the double doors with their square on square design. When they were directed to go down a wide and short corridor with doors that led to courtrooms, she looked in each as they passed them with curiosity before they reached the grand ballroom area.

She looked around with wide eyes and her attention lingered especially on the windows and three light bulbs in the chandelier. “I love the look of the windows and lightbulbs and I agree. They’re definitely less of a fire hazard than candles are,” she said in reply before looking over at Zander afterward. “What do you think Zander?”

Edited by SkySong278