AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

When dinner was done a lovely concoction of whipped cream strawberry moose, and sponge cake was presented to them a holly made of chocolate fondant  as decoration. Jach giggles and dug in to the monstrosity getting whipped cream all over his face in the process and licking the plate clean before doing a Scooby Doo and licking the cream off his nose and cheeks with his tounge. After finishing his eighth mug of cider he yawned and slipped from the chair stretching like a dog before walking on all fours back to his room and going to sleep early, it was only seven thirty at night. 

Sam’s eyes sparkled happily at the sight of the fabulous concoction and started to eat it by shoveling the majority of it into her mouth with a spoon, also getting a lot of whipped cream around her lips in the process. She used her napkin to wipe it off after she was done eating it and that was when she noticed Jach heading back to his room to sleep. She thought the way he did it was a bit odd, but then just figured it had something to do with it being winter and the possibility of how he normally acted around this time. She briefly thought about joining him but didn’t want to be too much of a distraction so when she got up from the table, she went up to her room, put her jacket, gloves, and hat back on and then went back outside after turning back into her human form to build a snow dragon out of the snow that was on the ground. It took a bit more work than a snowman but she enjoyed it. She was just going to get the majority of it done before it became completely dark and then would head back inside. After she had gotten the head and body done and had started on the wings, she stopped and went back inside for a bit.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach slept soundly not even stirring when she came to bed. However in the morning he was gone, a glass rose on his pillow and a small pouch of money for her shopping. He had went up to his office and started working on the scrolls there, taking small power naps at times.

When Sam finished up her snow dragon for the day, she headed back inside and went to her and Jach’s room after leaving her jacket, gloves and hat in her room first. When she had gotten to the room she shared with the former, she got into bed and snuggled against him before falling asleep. When she woke up the next morning, she saw the glass rose on his pillow as well as the small pouch of money that he left for her. She got out of bed, stretched, and then got dressed into some clothes that she could wear for the day and then headed downstairs for breakfast after picking up the pouch of money from Jach’s pillow.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach was working hard and got through all of them before heading back down and over to a different hall via a secret passege, cleaning the disused space along the way, before getting to another third tower, smaller then the astronomy and his own office but with more space. He moved some paintings up there, a desk and a chair with unicorns on it, the same glass roof above and he worked painting some inside panels to look like stain glass images of fairies, gryphons, unicorns and other creatures she loved. 

He moved paperwork over to her tower so she can get her own system going then called in the construction workers to install a dumbwaiter and extend the passage to where his door was to his office. 

After Sam finished eating, she went to search for Abigail so that they could go shopping together. She was needing some help as to what to get Jach for Christmas and she hoped that she would know of some ideas as well as places to go since she’s (Abi) known him longer than she (Sam) has. When she located her, they left together with the latter being in human form.

Abigail chatted with her to the town as they rode on the horse drawn sleigh carriage into town. "So what would you like for Christmas Sam? Now the master.... He has a hard time keeping track of time when in his office and out on errands only following the position of the sun and using himself as a sundial and nobody at the castle could afford a pocket watch and clock that would be suitable for the master. Maybe a nice clock for his office, I was thinking about a mahogany one that'll match his desk that doesn't make the ticking sound but chimes out the hours in a soothing tone. And a silver watch, silver matches his tone and goes great with the dark colors of his wardrobe... Maybe a  silver bangle that could slip on his horn? " Abi suggested.

“I’m fine with anything honestly and can’t really think of anything in particular that I’d really like. Those sound like a really good idea for Jach. Maybe we can stop by some watch and clock places to see which one might have both the clock and watch with the bangle that we’re looking for. He gave me a pouch of coins for my shopping today so maybe it’ll be enough for both things,” Sam said in reply to everything Abi said and asked with a small smile towards her before looking out the window and seeing a watch and clock store that had clocks in their store window on display and a display shelf with watches on it. “Stop the carriage,” she said as she tapped the screen between them and where the driver was. The driver stopped and she got out before waiting briefly for Abi and then going into the store afterward to start looking at what all they had for sale.

Edited by SkySong278

Abigail followed her inside and looked at the clocks they had carefully listening to each one she thought would look nice for noise level. "Mistress! I found one in sale! It's quite, but has a lovely harp sound when chiming says the card and look at the top!" She pointed to the clock in question it was shaped like a lovely golden lyre and had a bronze dragon on top. "He loves Greek mythology, he is offten mistaken for Hades you know, and that is one of his many names. I think this would be a lovely touch to his office. It's sturdy so it won't fall over easily either."

Sam went over to where Abi was and saw the clock she was looking at. She read the card to see that it did indeed sound like a harp when it chimes out the hours as well as it being quiet. She then looked at the top of it like her companion suggested. “Oh my. It’s perfect,” she said after hearing everything she said. “We’ll take this one please,” she said to the store owner when she had located him and he nodded before telling her the price of it. She nodded and counted out the coins while placing them in his hand and then went over to the watches to see if there was one that would be perfect for him as well. She saw one that had tiny dragons carved into the back, it was a pocket watch, and had a silver chain. “I’ll also take this as well,” she said before bringing it over to where she had left the owner and gave him the coins needed to purchase it and then put it in a small box for her to wrap later. “For the clock we can load it in the back of the carriage to bring it back with us,” she said as both she and the owner pondered on what to do with it. He nodded in reply to her suggestion before gesturing for a worker to help him carry it out. She followed after them and then gestured to where she was thinking they put it which was the seat across from where she and Abi were going to sit. They laid it down in the seat opposite from them and she thanked them before getting in and sitting down.

Edited by SkySong278

“I’m glad and yes it does,” Sam said in reply before taking the pocket watch out of the small box it was put in and handed it to her to examine.

Abigail studied it with her and pulled out a  cobra snake pocket watch stand holder she bought when the employee was helping with the mantle clock. "I got this for him too. So he has a place to put it when he isn't wearing it. " She said with a triumphant grin. "And it was on sale for a few coppers so it was within my budget so I didn't have to steal anything! "

“Very nice. He’ll have a few things with his favorite animals on it. The back of the watch I got for him has dragons carved into it,” Sam said in reply after seeing the watch stand that Abigail had gotten for him and put the pocket watch back into the small box she got to keep the watch in. She just needed to wrap the box but she could do that a bit later. When they got back to the castle, she carefully carried the wrapped mantle clock along with the small box in her hands before going inside after the door was opened for her upon seeing her hands full, and kept it open for Abigail for when she would go inside. She set the mantle clock gift under the tree before going to hunt for some wrapping paper to wrap the small box in.

Abigail brought out some colorful paper and some tags to say who they are for and from and helped her wrap them up with a lovely bow. "There! " She said placing hers under the tree one for jach and another for Sam. "This is going to be a wonderful Christmas! Master I have been with master for two years, not as long as the others here but I hear him venting to Arthur and Zen a lot about how hard it is to put on a smile for everyone and pretend to be happy when all he sees this time of year are happy couples and families enjoying themselves.... He has a spark in his eyes now, all because of you my lady. Even when he's clearly tired, he'd hear your voice and get this smile. Ugh I'm crying now!" She sniffed and waved her hands in front of her face and dabbed at her eyes with her apron.

“Thank you Abi,” Sam said with a smile as she saw her bring over some paper, tags and a bow before starting to wrap her gifts to Jach with her help. She then noticed the gift that was for her herself from Abi and wondered what it was but could wait until Christmas Day to see what it was. She’d have to ask Jach about some ideas of what to get her but would have to do that later. She then listened to everything Abi said regarding what Jach’s mood had been around this time before they married and was glad he felt better now but also blushed a bit in embarrassment when she heard what she said regarding how his mood is now when he’d hear her voice and also have a sparkle in his eye. “I’m glad I could help bring out a much happier Jach for around this time of year,” she said softly before giving Abi a half hug out of comfort when she noticed her crying a bit.

Edited by SkySong278

"My lady, we all come to love master dearly, whether they have been serving him since childhood or only a few months ago. I hope I can stay with you guys forever. Master Jach is a very kind and caring person, I'm glad he has someone who is just as kind and caring as he is!" She hugged Sam back as Jach walked in the room. "Aw, did I miss a heartfelt moment? How was shopping? Oh!" He turned from them and dashed to the window (as fast as his slippers and thick bathrobe would let him) and knelt on the window seat his tails wagging like a dog's in tandem. "Honey it's snowing outside! Look at the big flakes, wait did you make a snow dragon? I thought you could only make snowmen in snow! "

“Oh and I’d like that if you could. I’ve come to know and like all of you guys so I hope that for everyone else. I’m glad that I can also be around more caring and kind people like us then,” she said before Abi hugged her back and Jach came in. “Mhm and it was very good,” she said before she heard what he exclaimed and she saw him running towards the window. She giggled a bit before she let go of Abi to join him at the window and saying in reply, “I see them and yes I did but it’s not finished yet. I’ll go out a bit later to finish it and you can build anything you want with snow if there’s enough of it. You can build igloos, forts, etc. I thought I’d try my hand at making a dragon.”

Edited by SkySong278

He  whipped his head to look at her. "Why didn't you tell me this when we were on our honeymoon?! I wanna make a fort! Let me get some clothes on!" He ran out of the room kicking off his slippers as he went and scrambled up the stairs on all fours to the bedroom. He got dressed in warm furs and muffs with a scarf Sam bought for him on their honeymoon and thick Beaver hide gloves. His clawed hand and foot where in special made wrappings with fur so the softest parts of his pads keep warm without constricting his movement.  "Let's go! Abi can you get got coco and a bath ready for both of us when we come back inside? And put peppermint oil in the bath water please. Come on love! Let's play!" He giggled like a child his lethargic nature had been pushed back, although still yawning he bounced from foot to claw like he was juggling a ball on his feet.

“I did mention the fort when we talked about snowball fights. I forgot to say that we could build anything when I mentioned snowmen so sorry about that and okay. Let me change real quick,” she said in reply before going up to her room and putting on her jacket, hat and gloves before heading back downstairs just in time to hear Jach saying for them to go outside and requesting Abi to get them some hot cocoa and prepare a bath for them with peppermint oil in the water. She then giggled as she watched how he acted before following him outside to enjoy the snow with him.

"Yeah, but I want to make a fort castle or a hell hound, snowmen are boring!  And all the kids showed me was how to make a wall! This makes things much more exciting! " He said pulling her outside as thick snowflakes started to fall. He swept up snow with his tails and started to pat them in to a wall for a castle and with his wings, tails and hight he was able to make a seven foot tall fort with a window and a turret. He hucked a snowball at the gardener exiting a green house and ducked under his wall. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Okay then you can. I’ll finish making my dragon from last night and then help you make a hell hound if you’d like me to,” she said before following him outside. She went over to where her unfinished snow dragon was just as he built a seven foot tall impressive fort. She was almost done with her finishing touches on her sculpture when she saw out of the corner of her eye Jach throwing a snowball at the gardener before he ducked down in his fort to hide. She hid a giggle behind her hand and went about making her own fort.

Edited by SkySong278

"I would like that a lot!" He said popping up and hucked another snowball at another gardener and got a snowball to his shoulder from the first one. He laughed maniacally and threw another one dropping back down. This continued bringing other Gardners in as it grew darker and the snow thicker. Yuki came striding out  to begin to collect souls and got hit with three snowballs from the gardeners and then when she whirled around to shout at them she got smacked in the back of the head with a snowball from jach. "Oh! Oops sorry sis! " "Jach dear why are you out? You hate the snow!"

"Okay," she said in reply before going back to working on the fort she had gotten started on earlier. She finished it a few minutes later before she started throwing her own snowballs at the gardeners that had started to join in on Jach's fun. It was a few minutes or so after that when the former had accidentally thrown a snowball at the back of Yuki's head and she heard everything the latter said after her husband apologized. "It was my doing. I introduced him to a few snow activities and he grew interested enough in wanting to try them out," she said in reply to the question and short exclamation statement that was said afterward.

Yuki looked furious. "You never listened to me about the snow! Ugh!" The wind picked up the angrier she got. "You never liked the cold, you never liked snow, you hardly ever smiled and laughed like that and she's the one who changed you?! What makes her so great?! You said you wanted me to be your bride at one time! Why pick her now?!"  The wind roared as a snow flurry whipped around her. 

Jach roared so loud that snow from the bushes and trees where knocked off by the vibration of it. "SILENCE YOUR PITIFUL WHIMPERING! I've had enough of you! I only wanted you because you where a neglected concubine of my brother Pride! If you think I chose you because of love you are foolish and childish! " He stopped and took a breath. "Bring the souls you collect to my gates but never step foot across it again. Go and stay with a man called Michelle LaRoux. You are no longer welcomed here. " He snarled. Yukiona screemed  in anger and a blast of frigged air knocked down his fort on top of him and she stormed off quite literally, turning into a woman of snow and bursting apart.