AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Sam flinched when she heard their guest shriek loudly before glaring at her when she said that she wasn’t pure and pointed at her. She would have said that she wasn’t completely a demon but didn’t say anything about that and just glared at her instead.

She then lost the glare when she heard the first few things that Jach said, blushing a bit instead when she heard him say being with her made him really happy. When she heard the part about him being depressed and miserable a long time ago, she wished that she had met him then even if she hadn’t been born yet but then also wished that she had been. She was glad that she was with him now and happy although this guest of theirs was annoying and starting to get on her nerves. She smiled at Jach when he rested his head on her shoulder and read with her after feeling his tails braid with hers. “I really make you that happy? If that’s the case I’m glad and you make me really happy as well,” she asked and said after Yuki was gone.

Edited by SkySong278

He wrapped his arms around her. "Absolutely. And I will let you know when you need to hear it. I love you dearly and you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Tolerate Yuki for a little bit ok?" He said kissing her neck softly. 

“Oh and thank you. I love you, too. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me as well. Hm depends on how long ‘a little bit’ is,” she said in reply before humming a bit in content when she felt him kiss her neck softly.

"When the storm passes or it gets above zero she moves on to the mountains before heading back to her home in Japan. " He explained. "If she bugs you, or me we'll deal with her." He said softly. "Oh and uh, there is something in Rome, well the Vatican I need to attend in spring. It's about my... First bride. Joan of Arc. Her life is being evaluated by the pope for sainthood. She definitely deserves the title. I just... Wanted to see if it was ok with you first because she was my first love..... until Pride found out and had her exicuted for dressing in men's clothing to avoid being taken advantage of, heresy, witchcraft, and seventy other charges against her and having her burned at the stake. " He sighed looking at the fire. 

"She was a godly woman, even when so young she was a force to be reckoned with. Her fate was sadly entwined with mine." He smiled a little bit. "Then again, she would have never been with me, she convinced the courts at sixteen years old that she doesn't have to marry the man her father chose. So, I told her "If this is what the Lord wills you to do, then I will be there by your side in battle." She knew what I was, but accepted my sword to assist her. I want to defend her honor. She deserves to be cannonised. " 

“Oh okay. If she bugs me too much before then in order to deal with it would it be possible to send her over to La Roux’s place?” she said and asked in reply to his first few statements before hearing the rest of what he said afterward regarding Joan of Arc. “I think it’s fine if you go to that. Could I go with you or would you rather I stay here to look over things here instead? That’s a horrible way to die and yes I agree that she deserves to be canonized. I had no idea about that little tidbit of her convincing the courts that she could go against her father’s wishes in regards to who he wanted her to marry.”

"Not many do, but I was there in the court as her potential suiter and was amazed by her charismatic way. She learned only of God's word, never reading, writing and arithmetic. They were very very poor but a tight knit family. I would like you to come. Some emotional support would be nice. As for the other thing... I think that would be a wonderful idea. See how well she likes a persistent pushy person on her back wanting sex and power for a change. May teach her a good lesson. " He laughed. 

“Ah okay. Wow and I see how that would be hard to learn the subjects you want when you’re poor and don’t have the right materials or the money for them. Okay then I’ll go with you so that I can give that to you. I’m glad and that it probably will,” she said in reply with a small giggle before resting her head on his shoulder.

Jach smiled and kissed her head. "Let's get back to reading." He said taking a drink from his coffee with his wing holding the cup not wanting to let go of her with his arms or his tails. He definitely had a talent for doing that. 

“Okay,” she said in reply with a smile when she felt the small kiss on her forehead. She used a wing to pick up the book and hold it in the middle of the spine so that it could also turn the pages before using her other one to bring the mug with her hot chocolate in it closer to her. She took a small sip before the wing set it back down on the table in front of them.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach sent back his finished coffee and had little chocolate truffles brought to them with a hot coco for himself. Using the spike on the thumb of his wing he poked a truffle and fed it to her as they read together. After an hour, he removed his arms from around her, marked and closed the book. "Let's work on that tree." 

Sam finished her hot chocolate as they continued to read for a little while longer and had it sent back along with Jach’s finished coffee before they were given some truffles to enjoy. She ate the one he offered to her via his wing’s thumb and then pouted a bit an hour later when he removed his arms from being around her. “Aw but I had just gotten comfortable. Okay as long as we can listen to some Christmas music while we do it,” she said in reply before doing the same and then getting up afterward to stretch a bit. She then started to head towards the tree and some of the boxes under it where there were some ornaments and other decor to put on it.

Jach untangled himself from her and went over to a record player placing a vinyl on it and puting the needle on it. It started playing Carol of the bells and he moved over starting to hang some wooden ornaments on the tree. "Some of these are very old. Like this one." He held up a small wooden dragon and hung it on a upper branch. He pulled out the angel, a large porcline topper with a real oil candle in it's hands real feathers and looked like his mother. "One of the heavenly hosts made this for me. He thought it was fantastic that a demon celebrated the birth of Jesus and replaced my tired hand made paper one with this one while I slept. " He added oil to the lamp and handed it to her. "Would you like the Honor to place it on top of the tree and lite the lamp?" 

Sam got three ornaments out of the box and placed them in different areas in the upper middle areas of the tree just as she heard Carol of the Bells playing from the record. She smiled a bit since it was one of her favorite Christmas songs before she looked over at Jach when she heard what he said. “I’ll make sure to be careful with them and I like that one. It’s cute,” she said when she saw the paper dragon he held up before he put it on an upper branch and she got a few other ornaments. She was putting them on some back branches when she heard the rest of what he said and asked regarding a large porcelain angel topper. “It’s very pretty and that was nice of him to do,” she said after placing the last ornament in a spot in the middle of the back around the tree just as he held out the topper for her to place and light. “I’d be glad to,” she said before flying up to the top of the tree. She placed it on the part sticking up and the other branches underneath it before lighting the oil in the lamp afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach hung the last of the tinsle and ornaments then stepped back to look at their work. "Looks lovely. Oh! As a tradition I add an ornament that represents a milestone in the year. I got these two turtle dove's for our marriage. " He said holding up a pair of feathered bird like ornaments that had a clasp on their heads to make it look like they are in a heart shape when fastened together. "Shall we hang them together?"

Sam landed as Jach put the rest of the tinsel and ornaments on the tree and stood with him to admire their handiwork. “That it does. Oh it’s beautiful,” she said in reply before seeing the turtle dove ornament he had gotten for them and then hearing his question afterward. “I think that’s an excellent idea. Where should we put it?” she said and asked in reply as she looked from the ornament to the decorated tree.

Edited by SkySong278

He pointed to a empty branch at eye level. "Always a spot for the new ornament right where people can see it. Then it moves from the spot next year. " He said. He waited until she took the second strap and hung it on the tree with her. The dinner bell rang. "Oh perfect timing! We're having rosted stuffed phesent and cranberry sauce, fresh steamed veggies and almond bread tonight. Maestro is preparing for the Christmas feast! Can you believe it's only a couple weeks away?"

“Ah okay,” she said in reply before taking the second strap and then hanging it on the specified branch with him afterward. She also heard the dinner bell ring before hearing what they were going to be having. Her stomach rumbled a bit at that and she giggled. “Sounds like it’ll be very good. Can’t wait to have some. What’s going to be in the Christmas feast or is it a surprise? No, I can’t. Guess I’ll have to get a move on in getting your gift soon then.”

Edited by SkySong278

"he surprises me every year but there's definitely a chocolate yule log involved." He said moving to the dinning room and pulled out her chair and sat next to her. The massive fireplace was lit and warmed up the whole room as the cook removed a with six pheasants from the fire and slid them on the table. He took a portion of each dish, set two pheasants on a plate and covered the tray sending it off to the guest house. A hot apple cider with cinnamon and brown sugar was there drink for the evening. "Oh my, this smells lovely!" Jach said wiping a but of drool from his mouth. 

“Oh okay and I love those,” she said in reply before walking with him to the dining room. “Thank you love,” she said when he pulled the chair out for her before sitting down in it and he sat down in the one next to her afterward. She took a bit of each entree to put on her plate and started to eat while also smelling the apple cider that was their drink. “Yes it does,” she said in reply after swallowing a bite of her food and also starting to drool slightly.

"You can go out tomorrow. With sis around the amount of scrolls would double and I've been neglecting my work for sleep so it probably piled up." He said ripping into the pheasant with his tails smacking the ground in delight as the flavors exploded in his mouth. "Sweet orange glaze with basil... These mushrooms stuffed inside? You've out done yourself mistro!" He said complementing the chef. 

“Okay. I can help you with the scrolls when I get back as well as going back to organizing that room I got started on the other day,” she said in reply before also starting to eat her own pheasant. She hummed in content when the flavors in it exploded in her mouth. She then nodded in agreement to what he said in regards to maestro outdoing himself this time with the cooking since she was still chewing before taking another couple of bites afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"You've cleaned up here rooms so far. I'd say you deserve a bit of a break. You're very efficient and thorough. I got it. Most of the time it's children or elderly. I may get some teens sent here though, or older children who have done bad things to feed themselves or siblings. I usually keep them for a little bit, ten weeks at the most.... It'll be like having little ones of our own..." He said with a blush. 

“Oh well thanks for thinking so. I’ll bring Abby with me so I won’t go alone. Oh that’s sad. I’d be fine with that just so we can get some experience with taking care of our own when we get them,” she said in reply to everything he said including his last statement also with a blush on her cheeks.

His tail wiggled happily as his blush darkened. "I thought so too. Most orphans that come here just kids who lost their way in a harsh world. All they need to repent and accept their deaths are a combination of love, kindness and really good food. I believe this place is the best place to provide just that. Especially so now that you are here. " He said softly and leaned over kissing her temple before going back to eating. 

Her own tail flicked a bit back and forth as well happily before hearing the rest of what he said afterward. “I’m glad that I can help. I’m good with kids even if they’re a bit stubborn,” she said in reply before kissing him back but on the cheek before also going back to eating her own food before she was done.