AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Sam had to cover her head slightly when the wind picked up for it blew snow towards her and it felt like ice shards against her skin. She looked a bit sad at the words that she heard Yuki say in anger and now thought that maybe she shouldn’t have said anything in reply to her question that was directed at Jach in the first place.

She then jumped slightly in surprise when she heard him roar and say everything that he did in anger. She then grew concerned when Yuki caused a blast of frigid air to knock down his fort on top of him before running towards it and starting to clear the snow away where she hoped he was. “Jach? You okay?” she asked as she continued to clear away the snow.

A mound of snow exploded and Jach climbed out shaking himself. "Oh boy that's cold!" He breathed in his hands and tightened his hat on his head. "And my fort is ruined! " He pouted as he started to pile the snow again as the gardeners started throwing snowballs. Jach grabbed Sam and dashed behind her fort for cover. 

Sam shook off the snow that had gotten on her from the small explosion like a dog before nodding in agreement about it being cold and then hearing the other thing he said afterward about his fort. “We’ll fix it,” she soothed before he grabbed her hand and they dashed behind her fort when the gardeners started to throw snowballs at them again. She made a small pile of them before starting to chuck them at the gardeners from the safety of her fort.

Jach threw the snowballs as she made them, his tails even getting a couple curve balls. It soon got too thick to see anyone in the flurry of snow and cold air blasted them from all sides. Jach was trembling violently like he had the first stages of hypothermia before the gardeners helped drag him inside. Abigail had two mugs of coco and the bath ready when they came up stairs. She helped get most of Jach's layers off and left for them to take a bath. 

Sam smiled when she watched Jach throw each of the snowballs right after she made them and smiled when she saw his tails get some curveballs in on the gardeners. When the snow started to get too thick as it fell that it got hard to see as well as very windy, she started to shiver while pulling her jacket closer to her to get her much warmer. She noticed when he started to tremble and grew concerned before helping the gardeners get him back inside and upstairs to the bathroom where she finished taking the rest of the layers off of him. "Do you need help to get into the bath love or can you handle it by yourself?" she asked before starting to get undressed herself.

He was shivering still and moved slowly to the bath cupping his coco. "I may need help. I can't feel my claws and not toes won't bend on my dragon foot. And because the tendon that moves then are attached to the ankle and that moves with the heel... Um... Well my foot is stuck." He said looking down at his dragon claw already off balance from it being frozen stuff so limping would just topple him over. "Yeah. I need help. Are you okay dear? You're shivering too. It's cold but was worth it! Good things demons don't really get sick. I am very, very sleepy though. " He yawned widely and took a noisy sip of his hot coco. 

"Okay. I'll go over there and help free your claw from the floor to see if that'll help if you'd like me to," she said before moving over towards him and then seeing about freeing his dragon claw from the floor. "I'm fine. I'm a bit cold but I'll be better when I'm in the bath so that I'm warmer. It'll help you too. I agree it was worth it and that's good to hear. After our bath we should both go to bed. I'm a bit tired myself," she said before wrapping one of her arms around him to help move him towards the bath.

Jach limped on over to the tub. "Aw!  Abi got out the stairs. " He said and  limped up the steps stepping inside the hot water and sighed happily as he gradually sank into the tub his tails curling in the water as he sat down in the water and leaned back with a sigh sipping his coco. "Hmmmm.... That feels much better. Thanks darling for helping me in. "

Sam helped him up the stairs before getting into the tub behind him with her own mug of hot cocoa that she set beside the other side of the tub where she was going to relax. "You're welcome dear," she said in reply to his thanks while also sighing happily at the very warm water which was already at work in warming her up. She was also in her demon form and her tail found his smooth one before it wrapped around it and she took a sip out of her cocoa mug.

He started to purr very loudly as his tail tightened around hers and he scooted closer so their wings where touching. "I had a lovely day. How was your shopping today? Did you find anything good? Abigail didn't take anything did she?" He said narrowing his eyes. Part of my contracts is that servents can not lie to their masters. I used to have it in yours in the first draft to keep things fair since I myself can not lie, but in my reworking I took that out so you can keep hidden what you don't want known. I think mistro put peppermint in the coco. It's really good!" He dipped it again. "Bath then bed, fine with me. We'll have children to start entertaining tomorrow morning so we should get lots of rest. Perhaps we can set up rooms for them? I usually sleep with them in the sitting room so I can keep an eye on them. But I think bedrooms would be nice. Most have never been in a room before. Maybe a few little girls can sleep in your room and the boys can sleep in the room adjacent to it?"

She smiled a bit more when she heard his loud purr and felt his tail tighten around hers as well as his wings touching hers before hearing everything he asked and said. “Me, too. I did and I found two good things for you for Christmas. Abi helped me wrap them and put them under the tree. No she didn’t steal anything. She had enough of her own money to get you something as a gift,” she said before hearing everything else he said. “Okay and oh. I’ll most likely share everything with you because I won’t want to keep anything from you. Yes I think he did as well because I can taste it. It is indeed,” she said after taking a sip of her hot, chocolatey beverage. “Okay and yes that sounds like a good idea for where they should sleep."

Edited by SkySong278

He nodded and was silent waiting until he was done with his coco to step from the bath and dry off getting into some warm wool pajamas and slipping into bed with a yawn. "Night my love." He mumbled.

She also finished drinking her cocoa and then followed after him towards the dresser to get out her own pajamas, got dressed into them, and then also slipped into bed beside him. "Goodnight my dear," she said softly in reply before cuddling up close to him and then falling asleep shortly afterward. 

Jach snuggled close to her and fell asleep too. 

---

The next morning he dragged himself out of bed and got dressed early on the morning and started setting up the boys room setting out smaller matrices and blankets for them to sleep on and went downstairs to the dinning room table for breakfast of beignets and double chocolate pancakes. He was slowly working his way through the stack before him when he spoke out loud to nobody in particular. "I've got to feed my babies today. They must be sluggish too. At least I know they are all in one place. " He said softly.

She got out of bed a few hours after he did and set up some mattresses in the sitting room area of her suite for the little girls that would be coming later after she had gotten dressed into an outfit for the day. After the small beds were set up, she also went down to the dining room to find Jach already eating breakfast. After she sat down, a dish similar to his was set down in front of her and she started to eat just as she heard everything he said. “I can come with you or would you rather I stay here to greet the kids in your stead?” she said and asked after swallowing a bite of pancake that she had been chewing.

Edited by SkySong278

"I usually have May do that, but it will be good to have you greet them.   Children usually find me intimidating at first but I found out if they trust someone who trusts me, and can vouch for my character they get Les defensive and nervous around me when we first meet. " He said finishing up his plate. 

"Oh okay and I don't mind greeting those kids. Have fun with your pets and tell them that I said hi although they might not understand that but they might. Oh I'm sorry that they treat you that way but I'll be happy to vouch for you with them. I'll be sure to keep them busy until you get back," she said in reply before finishing half of her plate of the stack of pancakes and then started to eat her beignets that were on the small plate beside the bigger one.

((can we skip in KS to when Avery transports the stuff and something happens to him? Please?))

"If it's me speaking they'll understand. Alright dear. I'll be back." He said kissing her temple and limped from the room down to the sun room to tend to his babies of a different breed. 

After she was finished with breakfast Mary came in leading a group of around five kids, three where around ten to thirteen years old, two boys and one girl. One was six years old, had bruising around her face and neck holding a ratty sock monkey that had lost all it's stuffing long ago also a girl. Lastly, Mary was holding the saddest sight. An infant, no older then a month maybe a month and a half tops, thin and nearly blue but with a little bit of color returning to his little cheeks. He was starting to fuss. 

"Children, this is the lady of the house. Her name is Samantha Echlare, but if she asks you to call her something other then Mrs. Echlare you may do so. Mrs. Echlare, these are the first arrivals of the season. The oldest is thirteen, her name is Dawn. Two boys are Tim and Gorgie, ten and twelve respectfully. This is Helen, she is  a big girl at five and three quarters. " She winked at Sam and the child looked up at May in amazement and grabbed the house maid's skirt whispering loudly "You know that? I didn't tell that to you yet! " She grinned, that last little tidbit was obviously something that she told everyone whole she still needed breath in her tiny body. 

"Of course I do dear. And thus little one.... He um.. wasn't given an name yet. I thought you could name him. I brought the children in here to eat, they are all cleaned up and ready for a hearty breakfast. Carlos! We need warm milk too in a bottle!" May called into the kitchen and helped the three kids sit, Helena having a couple pillows to boost her to see the table and then Mary handed Sam the baby. "I'll get his scroll so you can put a name down for him after he is christened and baptized. I don't know why he's here other then the lack of a baptism but I think Master would know why he's here. " She said quietly to Sam with concern as kitchen helpers  brought out eggs, bacon, pancakes and other warm breakfast foods like sausages and biskets with gravy. 

All three older ones had mouths wide open at the spread of food. The man of the kitchen himself came out with a warm bottle of milk for the child. "Goat milk is full of protein and is good for baby. Fresh from goat and filtered six times. Tastes just like a mother's milk." He handed the bottle to Sam.

((sure. where will Zane, Alex, Edward, and Alivia be? maybe it’ll either be the day of or after their (Edward and Alivia) beach date and if it’s the day of, maybe Alex and one other guard can be their chaperones?))

“Okay,” she said in reply after kissing him back but on the cheek and before he went towards the sun room. She finished eating shortly after he left and that was when May came in with a small group of kids and a baby.

She frowned a bit at the sight of the baby but then smiled in greeting at the other kids there. “It’s nice to meet all of you. Like May said my name’s Samantha Echlare but since that’s a bit of a mouthful you can just call me Sam instead,” she said as her own introduction after May introduced them to her before hearing everything else she said regarding the baby and also after giggling a bit when she heard what she had said about Helen.

“Alright and I’ll try to come up with a name for this little guy before he gets christened and baptized,” she said after she was given the unnamed babe and held him gently while rocking him a bit before the food was set out for the kids. She smiled at their shocked expressions before Carlos game out with the bottle with warm milk in it. “Thanks Carlos,” she said with a smile before putting the bit of the bottle that went into the baby’s mouth in his mouth and made sure he didn’t drink it too fast.

((after pasta dinner date before beach date. Avery and Alex are going to chaperone beach date together. Cody would be accompanying Avery through the portal for the transport.))

The older three hesitated to dig in while h little girl went to town on the strawberry syrup and buttermilk pancakes bacon and ate like she was starving for months. 

Seeing the food wasn't tainted, the older kids slowly started to eat working on blueberry pancakes, chocolate chip ones, some sausage and one ate some peppers with their eggs. 

Things where slowing down and the food nearly finished when jach came down the hallway with a concerned May trailing behind him with four scrolls tucked into her arm and one in her hand seeking in rapid Latin that, because of Sam's demon abilities, could understand. 

"Sir you said all infants go to heaven for they can not commit sins yet but there's one here now! The system must be wrong, a mistake was made!"

"It's not the system, that is flawless, lack of baptism doesn't stop a baby from reaching heaven. The only reason why a baby would be sent here unnamed is if it is an offspring of one of my brothers. Most likely War. Pride only keeps his bloodline pure and wouldn't sully it with mortal blood. If this is the case, I'll raise it here. The mother probably killed the child or it was left outside of a orphanage for too long last night. Because of the demon blood it will not go to heaven but to hell. And I will not allow my twisted brother to abuse another infant and force it to be a soldier. If Sam is willing we will give him a life here before he is taken to work at my castle or perhaps be adopted by a Spirit there. " he said as they rounded the corner into the dinning room. He smiled softly at the children and took the scrolls from May. "Hello young ones. I am Jach. Welcome to my home. Here you're safe and warm. You'll be able to have three meals a day, and snacks it you ask politely, have a hot bath clean clothes and soft beds. There is one thing though... And this is always hard to tell the young,.... But.... " He sighed and sat down. "The cold has gotten to you last night. You have passed away last night. This isn't heaven, just a stop along the way. 

"Why are we here then? I didn't do anything wrong!" Tim shouted slamming his hands on the table. Jach spoke calmly getting a scroll and opening it. "Timothy H. Long. Age ten. Stole bread and medicine in July two years ago. Grave robbery a month later, multiple times taking food, pickpocketing, ... " He sighed pinching his nose. "Taking from the church collection basket, peeing in a baptism font and .... Reliving himself in a confessional two days ago. " He closed his scroll. "I understand that you are angry at God for your mother's death. However, this is the land between good and evil. Before you pass on to see your mom again, you must first let go of that anger. I know it's hard. I will show you how to forgive yourself, those who have wronged you and then I'll send you on your way. " He put down the other scrolls. "Regardless of your beliefs, I help all who come here. I know most of what things you did was to survive and provide for yourselves, to avoid punishment from abuse. That doesn't change the fact that they are still wrong to do. I only hold you for a month or two at the most, and correct the wrong behavior. Not through punishment, you have received enough pain from life, but through care and love.  When I see you are ready, I will send you to the proper place. "

"What makes you then? Chiron?" Asked the older girl. 

"A mix of him and Hades. In fact Hades is one of my names. Children always go to one place, unless they have done something truly horrible and show no regrets or remorse. "

"Well what did the baby do Mr. Jach?" Helena. He sighed. "The baby is a ..... Special case. Like me, he isn't human, not fully anyway. I am half angel and half... Demon. Not a scary one though. I look like a dragon, a friendly kind that saves little princesses like you." He tapped her nose making her giggle. "The baby is half demon, one of my siblings' children. But because my siblings are mean, I'll take care of him. He like you all did nothing wrong, but unfortunately, because he is half demon like me, we can't go to heaven so we must stay here."

((okay. so it would it be safe to do the ts for two or three weeks prior to the beach date or would it be better to do four instead?))

Sam continued to feed the baby as the kids ate until the bottle was empty and then she pulled it away and then looked for a rag to put over her shoulder and once she had found one, put it over her shoulder, and put the baby there. She then burped him before holding him in her arms again as May was coming back with Jach in tow with scrolls which she assumed had information on the kids. She heard their conversation and was surprised to learn that she could actually understand what they said but figured that it was because of her demon abilities.

She smiled at him a bit when he greeted the kids but jumped a bit in surprise when she heard Tim slam his hands hard down on the table’s surface after saying and asking all that he did but then composed herself again as she heard all that Jach said while he read the scroll that had Tim's information and then said everything else he said afterward regarding what he did in order to help kids. She smiled again when she heard Dawn's question about what made him and Jach's response to that as well before hearing Helena's question and his response which caused her to frown slightly out of sadness. Then it came back some when he heard his response and saw what he did to her nose. She thought it was very cute. "So we'll continue to take care of him here when the other kids leave?" she asked while also speaking up after awhile and also while still rocking the baby in her arms.

((I'll post in AKS after I know how long to do the ts for))

Edited by SkySong278

((three weeks. It's going to be a little bit of a treck and difficult to find Avery. ))

"Yes unless I can find someone in my city willing to adopt a child. " He said and nodded in thanks as hot coco was brought out for him and the children with large marshmallows inside there's and a melting small square of white strawberry chocolate in his. He took a sip. "It's hot coco. Ad that's a marshmallow, it's really good and keep you warm. I get cold so I have them make a bunch of hit coco try it." He said softly seeing the kids hesitate to drink it. 

Helena was the first to try it and he chuckled as she tried to drink around the marshmallow. "You eat it first silly! Here." He used a spoon to help her fish it out and fed it to her. She squeeked at the taste. "This is amazing!" She then downed the mug like a seasoned chocoholic. Dawn followed after her then the boys. Jach burst into laughter and pulled out a hand mirror to show the kids their chocolate mustashes and got giggles from all of them before May swooped in with napkins to clean them up. 

Jach looked at the baby and held his arms out to hold the baby. Once he had him in his  arms he carefully unswadled the child ad began looking for markings of some kind of marking. When he didn't find one he looked puzzled and wrapped the baby up once more. He then tucked him close to his chest and rocked softly humming as the baby fell asleep. 

((okie dokie. should I also say that Edward and Alivia’s first date went well?))

“Okay. I wouldn’t mind if we took care of him ourselves since it would be like taking care of our own baby. Plus it would also give us practice to do so,” she said in reply before hot cocoa was brought out for him and the other kids to enjoy.

She pouted a bit teasingly because she didn’t get one but would just ask for one later. She then giggled a bit when she watched as Helena tried to drink the hot liquid around the giant marshmallow and then giggled even more when she saw all of their mustaches.

When Jach held his hands out for the baby in order to hold him, she gave him to him before watching as he inspected him and then watched as the little tyke fell asleep to his humming and rocking.

Edited by SkySong278

He blushed and nodded. "Um Yeah. But he's still my little nephew so he'd call us aunt and uncle. Now, I see you all need clean clothes, May can you get those going for me? Once you get dressed I'll take you all to your bedrooms. Oh... Oh May? We need a crib too for this Lil one. You may need to get one in town we don't have any here."

"We already have one." "No... I know we don't-" "I kept your old one. I couldn't bare the thought of throwing it out like your father instructed."

Jach frowned. "My old one I destroyed ages ago!" May shook her head. "it's made from gold wood and down from the feathers of angels. Your mother made it and sent you to us in it. Your father instructed we burn it then put you in that awful black iron one filled with spikes and bones. I would put you down in the golden one for a good sleep. It  made him proud you seemed to sleep so peacefully on the highly uncomfortable bedding. I brought it here when we moved here. " She explained. 

“Okay,” she said before she listened to everything he said to the kids and then to May afterward while hiding a smile and giggle behind her hand at the latter conversation. “I’d love to see that crib. It sounds pretty. Where would we set it up, though? My room or yours?” she said and asked curiously in reply when it was over.