TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

@Suzumiya

You should repost your trades for now. Hardly anyone uses the filter for trading and once it falls off the first page it's unfindable otherwise. Plus there's probably a lot of silvers in the hub so after a while even filters can't catch it anymore.

6 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

I'd like a way to see ALL the trades on the Trade Hub. As it is, my trades probably go for days without being seen. I had a CB SILVER up for offering on and I only wanted some Siyats, but by the time it was apparently visible (at least to my friend here on DC) the STUNNED hatchie had began to grow again and had less than an hour to mature. Why can't we see multiple pages? If there is a way to see more trades, please let me know! It's frustrating having no one seeing your trade until the hatchie is almost grown or the egg has already hatched, canceling the trade.

Yes, yes it is frustrating, and 'pagination', the ability to have pages in the hub so you can see the older trades, has been asked for pretty much since the hub was introduced. The only current way to see trades that have fallen off the main page is to use the filter, but even that might not work depending how many other trades are under that particular filter.

Edited by HeatherMarie

16 hours ago, olympe said:

Well, it would already alleviate the problem to quite some extent if every cancelled teleport put the executing magi on cooldown... Because if someone actually has four trades and reposts them every minute for at least 20 minutes straight, that's... 80 magis used. 

Sure, people could and would hoard magis, but it's a first step. Maybe lengthen the cooldown for cancelled teleports to two weeks instead of  two days due to "magical backlash"? 😈Worse, have a certain percentage (20%?) of all your other magis affected as well.

I am not sure I would like this at ALL.

Sometimes people have valid reasons for  cancelling and redoing a trade.

For instance MAYBE they wanted to add an egg/hatchie to it?

What about if an egg hatches and cancels the trade? Seems unfair to penalize the person for it THEN.

Has bumping REALLY been a huge enough problem to warrant such a drastic 'fix'?

( Legit question as I use the trade hub once in a while only.)

I have had to take down a trade and repost immediately because either I accidentally click the wrong egg or it uploads before I can finish putting in my want message.  But the bumping has been a problem a bit, and not an editing one where someone fixes it and then reposts.  But I do not like seeing anybody banned for it, my hope is that they would just be warned to stop, and/or have some rule set up for how often you can keep bumping.  But there is no system in place for that yet.

36 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Suzumiya

You should repost your trades for now. Hardly anyone uses the filter for trading and once it falls off the first page it's unfindable otherwise. Plus there's probably a lot of silvers in the hub so after a while even filters can't catch it anymore.

My Silver grew up on me! I have a ton of CB Silvers and like one Purple Siyat. I was wanting 4 Purples for that Silver. Pretty good trade if you have a lot of Siyats, but the trade fell away really quick! I do repost my trades often, but they fall off the front really quick. The Trading Hub has become really popular!

I think it must have fallen off the silver filter page because I was looking for CB silvers offering for purple siyats and there were none to be found when i looked.  But it is perfectly acceptable to bump something that is time sensitive every 6 hours I would think, without causing too much annoyance

Edited by 49ER

1 minute ago, 49ER said:

I think it must have fallen off the silver filter page because I was looking for CB silvers offering for purple siyats and there were none to be found when i looked.

He grew up. He was on the Trade Hub for 3 days as a hatchie. I was desperate so I stunned him, but still he must have been behind all the others. He ended up growing up on my scroll. I don't even LIKE male Silvers. I've been using the filter lately trying to find a reasonable "want" for at least one purple siyat, but almost everyone wants a low gen prize or a CB metal. I even went so far as to offer my beloved Cheese egg on a trade that just said "offer anything". 

I don't know if this belongs here, but is putting something in the trade hub for free allowed? Example: "4G Silver Tinsel from Blusangs. FREE. Offer anything."

Or will that get me banned?

I would hope not....I have seen people put Free, for most cb hatchies.  That is NOT free.  The Purple Siyats did bring a high premium for the first batches to come out but now you can get them fairly cheap.  I have been able to trade greens for blues, blues for purples and even cb siyat eggs for purples the last day or so

Edited by 49ER

1 minute ago, 49ER said:

I would hope not....I have seen people put Free, for most cb hatchies.  That is NOT free.  The Purple Siyats did bring a high premium for the first batches to come out but now you can get them fairly cheap.

I can't seem to do so! I FINALLY got one just now, for the price of a 2G male Silver. I got rid of a male Silver and got a gorgeous purple Siyat! Finally! I don't know what exactly the Purples are worth though. The Siyat eggs cost 100 on the Market, so I'm assuming they'll eventually become common. At least, I hope so! I love their appearance. I haven't loved the appearance of any dragon as much as these since the Xenos. I will definitely be collecting them.

Catch the eggs and when they come off CD, ask for purple Siyats for them.  Either that or wait a loooong time for them to be able to hatch as purples.  I have only hatched greens and one pair of blues, yet I managed to get 10 purples and 8 blues by trading actively.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Trading Hub but it can be a lot better.

I don't like any ideas of bumping/trading amount restrictions. It's harder to trade a bundle of 4 instead of 1:1. No limitations. Please. Pagination will fix trades falling off the front page and becoming invisible, less (keyword: less. not completely.) mass-bumping should happen.

Echoing everyone else regarding guideline for the rules. Please, please add some kind of guidelines/clarifications to the Trading Hub rules. People have been getting banned and they're not sure why. That tells it all. DC and forums are supposed to be separate, and asking to be contacted via PM is forbidden in the "Wants" (but not stated clearly in the Hub at the moment.), but those who were banned have to have a forum account, and figure out who to PM, to find why they were banned and probably appeal.

imo I think the trading hub needs to be closed down temporarily so TJ can fix all the problems and make actual rules instead of being vague about what's allowed and what's not

And possibly reinstate the banned members unless the violate the newly stated rules?  The rules should be stated right atop the trade hub I think

6 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

imo I think the trading hub needs to be closed down temporarily so TJ can fix all the problems and make actual rules instead of being vague about what's allowed and what's not

Much as I hate to admit it... shutting it down TEMPORARILY and starting Fresh after rules have been properly sorted out MIGHT not be a bad idea.

AND when I say I hate to admit it, I do, because I have found the trade hub a VERY handy way to get gender swaps on stuff when I need it.

Yes I love the Trade Hub.  I have had so much more success there than I ever did on forum. 

15 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Doubtful that'll happen considering the rules are right there and clear. Or at least they are to 99% of the people on the hub, since the majority of the posts are perfectly fine, even if the user doesn't have a forum account. Seems to be clear enough for most, yes?

If you have to justify putting something there, and make leaps to justify it ('a PM link could be considered helping people understand what you want!') then maybeeee one can kinda realize it's not allowed.

And again if a trade is too complex for the hub (you're looking for a specific mate for a dragon you already have, etc) we have the forum and that's always worked just fine.

Edit: Still need Pagination though, haha.

Edited by Kaini

Yes, Trading Hub gives me what I need, but from what I've been reading, the hub is a mess. People can't post links and can no longer trade? because of the lack of rules on the actual hub. TJ also needs to add pages to the hub so people can sort through the trades without the need to sort through the breeds

I'll be honest, I'm kinda afraid to use the trading post in world now after reading about people getting banned.

I agree with what someone said, I'd like to see all the trades available. The list visible isn't very big and things get lost very quickly. There should be a way to message people in world. That would make things a lot easier, but I understand not everything can happen all at once. I'm grateful that this was implemented (especially after EATW shut down), but there needs to be some changes made for it to be more useful.

6 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Yes, Trading Hub gives me what I need, but from what I've been reading, the hub is a mess. People can't post links and can no longer trade? because of the lack of rules on the actual hub. TJ also needs to add pages to the hub so people can sort through the trades without the need to sort through the breeds

And I am not disagreeing with you at all. :)

Only stating that I wish there were a better way of dealing with it. Alas, I fear that you may be RIGHT on that, however.

1 minute ago, lucidapple said:

I'll be honest, I'm kinda afraid to use the trading post in world now after reading about people getting banned.

I agree with what someone said, I'd like to see all the trades available. The list visible isn't very big and things get lost very quickly. There should be a way to message people in world. That would make things a lot easier, but I understand not everything can happen all at once. I'm grateful that this was implemented (especially after EATW shut down), but there needs to be some changes made for it to be more useful.

I'm super scared of getting banned, now, too. That's why I've been trying to avoid describing what I have, even though some people want to KNOW what they're trading for without clicking each dragon for a lineage check (if you're trading multiples). 

5 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

I'm super scared of getting banned, now, too. That's why I've been trying to avoid describing what I have, even though some people want to KNOW what they're trading for without clicking each dragon for a lineage check (if you're trading multiples). 

There's no need to be. You can describe what you have, and what you want. Just use common sense - links, PM links, spam like song lyrics etc aren't allowed.

2 minutes ago, Kaini said:

There's no need to be. You can describe what you have, and what you want. Just use common sense - links, PM links, spam like song lyrics etc aren't allowed.

That's a relief! Thank you! I just bred a 2G Silver from a Holly and I'm glad I get to describe it so people know what type of silver it is without clicking the link. I hope I get some Siyats. Haha. 

I'm glad you can describe what you have. That makes it all easier. Links and PMs...uh, no. Why would anyone post a link anyway? Also, song lyrics? Why? It's a TRADING hub for dragons, not a place to write songs.

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Things that are "Wants ("[helping] others understand what types of offers you are looking for")" but are still prohibited:

• Off-site links to a list of offers you want.

• On-site links to lineages or groups of dragons as examples of offers you want.

• IOUs of dragons not currently available that you want, such as holidays.

• A specific egg that is not on your scroll that you want.

Things that are also prohibited, despite the fact that the forums are official and some people keep saying to use them over an actual in-site mechanic:

• PM links to forum
  • putting your forum contact name
  • saying you would like to be contacted on forums
  • saying you would not like to be contacted on forum
  • literally anything connecting the official DC site to the official DC forums

If there's official policy that you don't want the forums and the site even visibly connected because of job reasons just say something and stick "no contact info or requesting contact allowed" in rules.

16 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Doubtful that'll happen considering the rules are right there and clear. Or at least they are to 99% of the people on the hub, since the majority of the posts are perfectly fine

They are not. And it doesn't take much to get banned from what I see, one or two wrong trades will block a person from the other 50 they might make in a week.

That one sentence making up the entirity of the trading rules as shown to the average player is vague and does not match the other rules, like no linking to external sites for wishlists (see what shadowdrake said for other examples). Also, it ignores the fact that haves are also allowed in it.

It's probably because lots of people ("casual" players) won't really be working on fancy lineages etc for which they want to link out to external sites due to the small want box size that most people follow the rules. Also, extreme fear of a no-warning hard-to-appeal ban. The extra information - and ban appeals and whatever, and even knowing why you've been banned - is only available here spread over pages upon pages of miscellaneous discussion.

Of course, this ignores the various issues in the rules anyway (not just enforcement and description), like no contact info and no links, just being pointless and annoying. If a link is bad you can report it etc.

And even if you're right about 99% of people being fine, that's 1 in 100 of the many people using the hub getting permanently banned, with presumably no useful error and no useful appeals process described, with no idea what they did wrong.

Basically, I really don't think you can justify the current status quo of poorly written rules with extra information hard to access (and probably not even consistentcy between moderators on some points) and unclear bans.

@Kaini (I can't seem to ping you because the forums are awful on mobile).

6 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Good to know, thank you! I was still under the impression that stating what you have is against the rules but not bannable.