TJ09

Trading Hub Feedback

Message added by TJ09

Please report all bugs in the Help section. This thread is for discussion and feedback only.

Lul.

Now I want to link a group and have all the dragons just be a Rick Roll or the lyrics to All Star.

I think there should be clear cut rules on the site. I don't believe everyone should be unbanned though. Those who posted legitimate site links or links relative to trading, yes. Those who requested  silly things or typed song lyrics, no. For those who truly don't understand why they lost privledges, they can contact TJ or a mod for help.

Also this.

the last pages were tl;dr:

But I don't think anyone should be banned for repeatedly posting some google sheets link to what they want or the like. Also, can't tell but I'm not about to stop using WANTS: "have CB gold want zyu"

Until we have a proper have section.

No idea if I just said what's already been said but *insert shrug*. I think some "messaging between offers" should be added, but that's another topic. (If you offer on my public trade you're asking for some communication...)

56 minutes ago, Azarkiel said:

No idea if I just said what's already been said but *insert shrug*. I think some "messaging between offers" should be added, but that's another topic. (If you offer on my public trade you're asking for some communication...)

Well, no, just because I offer on a public trade doesn't necessarily mean I want to communicate directly with that person. That's the beauty of public trading, it doesn't *require* communication 90% of the time. There is a lot of talk over in the 'messaging system' thread about some sort of trading communication, but it would *have* to be optional because wanting to trade is not synonymous with wanting to talk to someone.

TJ has said TODAY that there will be no- on-site messaging. Ever.

I have to say that I would have to be DESPERATE for something in the hub to look through anyone's list, to be honest. But I think that changing the want box to "notes"; where you can ONLY put trade related stuff, no links, and anything else WILL be reportable. A in have: want: and that's it. This would (and should) knock out the trade I once offered on which promptly rejected my offer - and reappeared moments later reading "want: the gold egg from the person I just accidentally rejected".

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have to say that I would have to be DESPERATE for something in the hub to look through anyone's list, to be honest. But I think that changing the want box to "notes"; where you can ONLY put trade related stuff, no links, and anything else WILL be reportable. A in have: want: and that's it. This would (and should) knock out the trade I once offered on which promptly rejected my offer - and reappeared moments later reading "want: the gold egg from the person I just accidentally rejected".

As long as it is made *very* clear, on-site, that 'notes' is *only* for trade information.... Apparently the text above the 'want' box is pretty confusing/vague to some people, something labeled 'notes' would be even more so I'm assuming.

I also very very much think the character-limit needs to be increased in that text box, whether or not it changes to a 'notes' box or a 'have' box is added or whatever. It's really just far too limiting with the tiny amount of text it allows right now, I mean I totally understand that people probably wouldn't want to read huge paragraphs of 'wants', but 100 characters really is too little to properly describe anything but the most simple of wants. (Apparently my 'Any Shimmerscale Prize, *really* messy-lineaged, 10th-gen+ preferred (NO lineage w/ 'Hammai' Stripe)' is exactly at that limit, so I have to figure out how to shorten it if I want to add a breed I want and I can't add the other dragon I don't want lineages from....) If group links aren't allowed, if we can't just go 'this link is what I already have' or whatever, then there *really* needs to be more room in that box. 

"any SHIMMER", "no line"....

The thing is that as it stands it says "want". So you cannot technically say "precog f; want....."

On the "wants" part: I've been thinking about this for a while and technically me inserting HAVE in the wants box may - and probably will actually "help others understand what types of offers you are looking for."

So I breed my Spriter's Alt-kins periodically, right? Specifying that my bred Daydream has a special lineage, I emphasize at the fact that:

A. it's not just a random Daydream that everyone and their mom will ignore - or shake their heads because "whoa, asking THIS MUCH for a blocker? Good luck, bro". Not sure if people would be eager to even check the lineage at all if the egg wasn't described (or shiny...).

B. since I specify the above, the bit helps others understand that what I'm asking for in exchange is fair, the bit helps others understand that what I'm looking for may have to meet higher standards than, let's say, a messy uncommon.

Does what I'm saying make sense at all? ^^" I don't think THAT can be classified as "misuse", really. This may also be related to the short input area, there's just not enough room to properly explain anything. 💔

That's the thing though; technically it isn't allowed. It's "want", not have. So yes, it is misuse. THat's why I'd like to see the name of the box change.

And when one looks at some of the trades, people have no idea at all what is equivalent to what. That's part of the joy of trading... :) Those who care will look properly; those who don't - well, you don't have to accept the offer. Also, of course - I look more seriously at the trades of people I know by name; they wouldn't just put up a random blocker and ask for a gold. Where some name I never saw before just might (and people do !)

29 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's the thing though; technically it isn't allowed. It's "want", not have. So yes, it is misuse. THat's why I'd like to see the name of the box change.

And when one looks at some of the trades, people have no idea at all what is equivalent to what. That's part of the joy of trading... :) Those who care will look properly; those who don't - well, you don't have to accept the offer. Also, of course - I look more seriously at the trades of people I know by name; they wouldn't just put up a random blocker and ask for a gold. Where some name I never saw before just might (and people do !)

The "guidelines" are kind of contradictory. On one hand, it's "wants" box, on the other, it says "help others understand what you want" and this is how I understand the guideline, I'm probably not alone with the same mindset. Sure, I don't "have to" accept offers for any reasons, but I'm not that cold in my playing style, I actually try to guide people a bit so they're not shooting blindly and wasting precious time BECAUSE something so harmless as a couple of USEFUL words about the offer itself is apparently "banned". and I'm not getting flooded with completely irrelevant things There's a clear lack of consistency, this has also been said but - we need a fix asap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Help others understand what you want isn't the same as helping them understand what you have. That's the whole problem here.

As it stands, this thing is in alpha still.  Maybe we'll get beta eventually.  But in the meantime, how about we just go back to the trade forums like before?  Picking nits is getting old and I'm about fed up messing with it all.

Lol, no way.

The trade hub may have its faults, and there are certain types of trades you're better off making on forums, but we fought damn hard (or asked damn loud, I guess) to get on-site trading and thank gods we have it. (Also, while you could make an argument for beta, this is definitely not an alpha version. Alpha versions of software are tested by the people working on it. Aka in this case, TJ alone. It would not be viewable or usable by users.)

(My main issue with trading hub btw is still PAGINATION)

Edited by Aalbiel

I would not have an issue for people posting Have, CB (Dragon), precog female/male. Want: Insert(trade related)  desires.

I would have issue with Have, CB(dragon), Hey bob, you're egg locked, I made an offer.

I know most people want every point written out, or else they state: It wasn't in the rules. (This is why you find cups of coffee with "Warning hot"(No, I thought i was getting fresh brewed cold coffee)

Edited by Starscream

So.... when are we getting "what people may or may not have an issue with" on the actual rules of the actual trading hub on the actual site?

Edited by Aalbiel

Just now, Aalbiel said:

So.... when are we getting "what people may or may not have an issue with" on the actual rules of the actual trading hub on the actual site?

for now, I would go with wants/haves - nothing else.  (that's pretty easy there)

A simple Have/Wants (that allows us to also add in Influ/Precog/etc info without it being misuse) is pretty much all I'd need.

My main issue with it is pagination—or lack thereof. I was actually baffled when I realized that the Trading Hub wasn't empty, I just couldn't see everything in there at once! Wouldn't Trading go a lot quicker if we could view all of the Trades at once—or of course had pagination implemented? Now I realize why several people re-post their Trades every so often; not necessarily because no one is interested, but because no one can see it after a while unless they're specifically looking for it. So, +1 to the pagination suggestion.

Yeah, to be honest it kind of surprises me that the Trading Hub was actually implemented *without* some way to look through more then the most recent handful of trades. To me that seems like a common sense thing that would be needed... But I guess maybe it wasn't expected that so many trades would be made so quickly? I mean, the lack of pages wouldn't be such a huge deal if there were only enough trades being made that the main page showed like a full 24 hours of trades. The reason pages are *so* needed is because of how many trades there are, the fact that a trade can disappear from the main page in less than an hour. Or maybe it was assumed that most people would use the filters and search for specific things, so having a way to look at *all* trades wouldn't be needed?

The pagination situation would be slightly better if you could filter for non-owned breeds.

42 minutes ago, osmarks said:

The pagination situation would be slightly better if you could filter for non-owned breeds.

But you can? You don't have to own a breed to filter it, just unlock the egg in the Encyclopedia by viewing 5 (I think it's 5?). That's fairly easy to do for everything except the rarest breeds, and even things like Dinos and Chickens are relatively easy to find if you spend some time in hatcheries.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Help others understand what you want isn't the same as helping them understand what you have. That's the whole problem here.

I've already explained why it's the same for me and why I see it as a legit move. Helping others understand what I have does also help others understand what the fair offer would be. Since the mod doesn't see anything wrong with putting pure haves and wants into the description box together either, I'll continue this way until there are better means of doing so implemented. 💔

*joins the pa-gi-na-tion choir*

Edited by Orchi'dea

6 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

But you can? You don't have to own a breed to filter it, just unlock the egg in the Encyclopedia by viewing 5 (I think it's 5?). That's fairly easy to do for everything except the rarest breeds, and even things like Dinos and Chickens are relatively easy to find if you spend some time in hatcheries.

Not everyone wants to play that way, though. I’d rather unlock everything in the encyclopedia by successfully owning everything I needed. I’d be willing to resort to trading if unlocking the very thing I needed was available.

Honestly I feel like that feature is a real detriment to the trading hub. Users should be allowed to trade for things they don’t have yet, if because they don’t have the time to hunt the cave, or because despite searching for so long they still haven’t even seen what they need, they still have a way to get what they want for their completion goals without having to go off site.

3 minutes ago, Sextonator said:

Honestly I feel like that feature is a real detriment to the trading hub. Users should be allowed to trade for things they don’t have yet, if because they don’t have the time to hunt the cave, or because despite searching for so long they still haven’t even seen what they need, they still have a way to get what they want for their completion goals without having to go off site.

Seconded, I don't like having to scrounge around random people's scrolls to unlock what I need just so I can search for trade offers. It also helps with searching for breeds I own but technically haven't unlocked because I owned them pre-encyclopedia update.

While I do think that such a huge feature like the Trading Hub (and the Market!) should not depend so heavily on a completely separate feature like the Encyclopedia, I honestly don't understand why it's such a huge deal to unlock things? I mean, if you absolutely really want to only unlock the Encyclopedia by owning the breeds, that's your choice, but that playstyle will come with drawbacks, just like most other playstyles do. It's not like you get anything special in the Encyclopedia if you own the breeds rather then just view them, I'm not sure why that would be such a huge deal, but if that's the way people want to play then they need to realize it will hinder them in other areas, like the Trading Hub. That's true with a lot of playstyles, honestly, if you choose to only collect CBs you are definitely going to be disadvantaged in certain ways... A lot of specific playstyles means choosing between getting all the 'perks' and sticking to your specific preferred goals. I don't see this as much different. And if you decide that it's not such a huge deal to unlock things by owning them, it's really rather easy to unlock them by viewing other's things. 

That's not saying I agree with that mechanic though! I do not think it should work that way, I do not think such a huge important feature should depend on a totally separate feature that until now has really held no true power/significance in the game. 

4 hours ago, miscat said:

I don't like having to scrounge around random people's scrolls to unlock what I need just so I can search for trade offers

Fansites are easier for finding eggs to click ;)

And actually the trading hub is too - you will often see the eggs you want up for trade there. You can click on those.

The only egg that is actually a challenge to unlock is the ND egg. I'm only at 3/5 and I've been looking for 8 months ><