TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Happy Birthday DC. Thanks for all the updates and new eggs. Now to see if I can catch some

Happy Birthday DC.

Thanks for the new implements TJ and for the Dragons, Spriters.

2 of my very favorite sprites—red adults and seasonal hatchlings and you ruined them, absolutely ruined them.  I’ve been collecting them for a decade, and you change them!  Why should I bother collecting at all?  It’s the gold fiasco all over again.  It seems pretty basic to me—you produce sprites, I collect them.  You’ve violated a simple, basic agreement.  Why can’t I keep my sprites?  Make them never be able to breed again if I choose the old sprites, but just me keep them.  Updating sprites is a horrible idea, and you ruined my favorites.  Why collect the new four?  What will they look like in a few years?

Happy birthday!

New sprites look great - modernized but no drastic changes. Thank you, spriters.

Thanks TJ for the new features, the release, and all you do!

One of each new egg obtained. I'll snag two more when I can, then the remaining two once my Cassare eggs hatch.

Oh wow, so many wonderful new features! I'm especially interested in the shards...but where do I find that? 

Just now, The Dragoness said:

Oh wow, so many wonderful new features! I'm especially interested in the shards...but where do I find that? 

They come from breeding and hatching, at least from what ive read.

Just now, The Dragoness said:

You get shards from breeding, collecting biome eggs and raising dragons (at least I know of right now). To acces this you should see a number (120g) near you name, at least on the default skin.

I think the new sprites look awesome, and the new features are great! Things will take a bit of time to settle, as they always do, but I think everything integrates into the cave very smoothly. Excellent job, spriters, for rehashing these old style sprites into cave beauties! <333

Thank you so much for the market and on-site trading, TJ. I really appreciate the fact that user opinions are being listen to! 

Okay, I see the symbol now for the market at the top of the main page. But how do you get to the new notification page? Don't just give me a link because I will lose it. Tell me how to get there myself, please.

Got one each of all but the Alpine egg. I will try for one of those tonight and then go to bed. Hopefully they will be a bit easier in the morning. Unless old eggs start mixing in. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

In the top bar of the main site, next to your name.

So, someone just pointed out that the eggs are Harry Potter themed (don't tell me they're not) and that's just great! But Hufflepuff just doesn't get any breaks, does it?

Red and Gold: Daring you (Courage, Gryffindor)

Silver and Green: Tempting you (Avarice, Slytherin)

Blue and Bronze: Piques curiosity (Knowledge, Ravenclaw)

Heavy egg: Tilled earth.

Aww, come on. Is it a plagiarism thing?

Yellow and Black: Waits patiently (Virtue, Hufflepuff)

"This heavy eggs waits patiently for you to pick it up."

(I suppose an argument could be made for hard work/Hufflepuff, but man.)

Looking forward to the babies/adults!

3 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

It seems you cannot search by dinosaur or chicken on the trading hub.

Or maybe I'm just blind. I can't seem to see them on the list.

Do they need to be unlocked in the encyclopedia before I can search for them in the trades? 

Because that would be REALLY inconvenient. 

You have to have the info and dragon unlocked in the Encyclopedia before they show in the market.

Yee, two more pretties from another biome. Now I just need a pair of the other two and Im set for the night. :D

Why am I thinking Harry Potter when I read the egg descriptions? Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. . . .

7 minutes ago, IvoryRaven15 said:

Yeah I know how it works, or rather is supposed to work, and I've been around here for ages. I know I had most of them if not all unlocked when it first came out...then suddenly...poof. Almost none of them unlocked so It's been a struggle trying to get it all done again. XD

I'm sorry for doubting you. That's weird then. It seems like a glitch. May be worth reporting?

Has anyone experimented with earning shards?

8 minutes ago, TCA said:

A centered, slightly frontal light source isn't pillow shading if the shading follows actual contours and how light would hit the object (or dragon in this case). Dragon anatomy isn't really realistic to begin with and it's not illegal to connect wings to the shoulder, that's subjective. The thighs are large because all of the standing Seasonals have a bipedal stance and also to preserve the original feel of the sprite, particularly in the lineage tile; this applies to the head/eyes too. In case it wasn't clear: These are all features, not bugs. Also, these sprites were made a while back, when I was in a phase where I strongly disliked wing stretch mark texturing due to certain artists massively overdoing it, so I deliberately avoided it, which is not technically incorrect, just something that adds interest on sprites that have it.

Thank you for explaining the changes! I do really think the shading/texture on the wings looks really strange and unrealistic though, not simply because of no 'stretch mark' texture but there doesn't seem to be any texture at all on the female adult Autumn's wings? I see slight shading and what looks like 2-d creases, but it doesn't look like an actual flexible body part, it looks more like a ridged piece of paper that's been folded and then unfolded. No offense meant whatsoever, it just looks extremely off to me.

1 minute ago, Whirlaway said:

You have to have the info and dragon unlocked in the Encyclopedia before they show in the market.

Oh, that's good to know! Another reason to fill out my encyclopedia :D

Just now, purplehaze said:

Okay, I see the symbol now for the market at the top of the main page. But how do you get to the new notification page? Don't just give me a link because I will lose it. Tell me how to get there myself, please.

Got one each of all but the Alpine egg. I will try for one of those tonight and then go to bed. Hopefully they will be a bit easier in the morning. Unless old eggs start mixing in. :wacko:

Next to your name there should be a little symbol, mine shows a D for no notifications.

Just now, songwithnosoul said:

I'm sorry for doubting you. That's weird then. It seems like a glitch. May be worth reporting?

Nah, it's really no big. Just means I gotta sit down and start over. ^_^ Not worth reporting really. Minor inconvenience at best

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

There should be a little bell icon next to your username at the top of the page, but idk if it shows up before you get notifications.

bell.png.b24d430683f580d091eefbd8691494eb.png

2 minutes ago, rayemoon said:

So, someone just pointed out that the eggs are Harry Potter themed (don't tell me they're not) and that's just great! But Hufflepuff just doesn't get any breaks, does it?

Red and Gold: Daring you (Courage, Gryffindor)

Silver and Green: Tempting you (Avarice, Slytherin)

Blue and Bronze: Piques curiosity (Knowledge, Ravenclaw)

Heavy egg: Tilled earth.

Aww, come on. Is it a plagiarism thing?

Yellow and Black: Waits patiently (Virtue, Hufflepuff)

"This heavy eggs waits patiently for you to pick it up."

(I suppose an argument could be made for hard work/Hufflepuff, but man.)

Looking forward to the babies/adults!

OMG! I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT! I love them even more now!