TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

Hmm, with Market and Trading Place in the navigation bar on mobile its... eh. So much packed in for mobile now. I always will prefer desktop over mobile, haha.

I posted in this thread already, but I don’t really feel like editing it, so I’ll post here.

@TCA, I absolutely adore your work on the Seasonals! They always felt lackluster for me, but now I feel super passionate about collecting them!

I love all the new features! I haven’t got notifications to work yet on mobile, but I’m not worried. I’m sure everything will work out in the end! The trademarket is excellent and a huge relief for me. Posting in trading threads almost always seems like more trouble than it’s worth. :P

@SkyWolf25, @StormWizard212, @Kaini, and @Sesshomaru, congrats on becoming moderators!

2 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

You have to have the info and dragon unlocked in the Encyclopedia before they show in the market.

That's the market.

I meant the Trading Hub here. You can search by dragon to see if any trades have what you want.

But you can't search by chicken or dino. Or at least, I can't see the breed name in the drop down list.

Which is really inconvenient...because those are what  I need!

Happy birthday to DC ❤️ I’m loving the new egg release, all of them are so gorgeous ; o

Just two one more pair to go! Eeee! I love this event! 

8 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

It seems you cannot search by dinosaur or chicken on the trading hub.

Or maybe I'm just blind. I can't seem to see them on the list.

Do they need to be unlocked in the encyclopedia before I can search for them in the trades? 

Because that would be REALLY inconvenient. 

They are after zyumorphs, at the very bottom, under specific name..chicken is gallus etc.

3 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

That's the market.

I meant the Trading Hub here. You can search by dragon to see if any trades have what you want.

But you can't search by chicken or dino. Or at least, I can't see the breed name in the drop down list.

Which is really inconvenient...because those are what  I need!

You can. Chickens and Dinos are at the very bottom. All six start with <I>

Edited by Whirlaway

5 minutes ago, rayemoon said:

So, someone just pointed out that the eggs are Harry Potter themed (don't tell me they're not) and that's just great! But Hufflepuff just doesn't get any breaks, does it?

Red and Gold: Daring you (Courage, Gryffindor)

Silver and Green: Tempting you (Avarice, Slytherin)

Blue and Bronze: Piques curiosity (Knowledge, Ravenclaw)

Heavy egg: Tilled earth.

Aww, come on. Is it a plagiarism thing?

Yellow and Black: Waits patiently (Virtue, Hufflepuff)

"This heavy eggs waits patiently for you to pick it up."

(I suppose an argument could be made for hard work/Hufflepuff, but man.)

Looking forward to the babies/adults!

Poor hufflepuff, haha. Perhaps having an animal for their emblem that’s at least somewhat connectable to the awesomeness of honey badgers can help compensate. (Not that regular badgers aren’t also awesome, of course.)

3 minutes ago, Zinogre said:

Next to your name there should be a little symbol, mine shows a D for no notifications.

All I see next to my name at the top is the number and symbol for the market.

I only need to get one more Alpine egg to have all of the breeds I need. I'm waiting on a very stubborn Copper egg to hatch so I can catch my last egg.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thank you for explaining the changes! I do really think the shading/texture on the wings looks really strange and unrealistic though, not simply because of no 'stretch mark' texture but there doesn't seem to be any texture at all on the female adult Autumn's wings? I see slight shading and what looks like 2-d creases, but it doesn't look like an actual flexible body part, it looks more like a ridged piece of paper that's been folded and then unfolded. No offense meant whatsoever, it just looks extremely off to me.

image.png.f4c84f2a33d4a0503c0a551cc1bce48b.png

354148213193965568.png?v=1

I don't see a bell next to my name either... I didn't see the 'shard' symbol TJ mentioned, so I cleared my cache and now I can see that, but still no notification bell. Does it only show up if you actually have new notifications?

4 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

They are after zyumorphs, at the very bottom, under specific name..chicken is gallus etc.

3 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

You can. Chickens and Dinos are at the very bottom.

Nope, they are not there for me.

Even after a hard refresh (Ctrl+f5).

I think I have to unlock them first...

THAT SUCKS.

I don't have them. That's why I want to trade for them??? ???????????

:(

--

Edit: BUT IN ANY CASE, Thank you for making the market and trading and all the lovely birthday goodies!

They will come in use for all those hard to catch stuff. 

Edited by Shokomon

1 minute ago, Whirlaway said:

You can. Chickens are listed under the Gallus Gallus (should be one of the last).

I don't have them as well. Not under Gallus in alphabetical listing, nor after zyumorphs. I don't have the dino's unlocked in the encyclopedia, but I do have the chickens unlocked....

1 minute ago, Sheriziya said:

I don't have them as well. Not under Gallus in alphabetical listing, nor after zyumorphs. I don't have the dino's unlocked in the encyclopedia, but I do have the chickens unlocked....

Hmm, then I have no idea. I have them unlocked, at least on mobile. shrugs

Finally! Red Dragon sprite updated! I love this news! I'm more excited about the Red update than about the new breeds lol  though when TJ's dragons grow up things could change

Okay, another thing. So, isn't the market thingie with gold/shards/whatever supposed to help those who have a hard time catching stuffs? So how come you have to unlock them in encyclopedia to be able to purchase them, such as chickens, papers, etc? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the market being to help you get what is difficult to find?

I don't have Chickens fully unlocked but I can see them, and I can see other breeds that I don't have unlocked at all in the trading market. 

Just now, Kaiserf11 said:

Finally! Red Dragon sprite updated! I love this news! I'm more excited about the Red update than about the new breeds lol  though when TJ's dragons grow up things could change

I hadn’t even noticed ; o the sprite is amazing

WHOO!!! Super stoked for all of the new features, and definitely for these new dragons!! Thanks to TJ and all of the artists who put in the hard work to make these birthday AWESOME.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't see a bell next to my name either... I didn't see the 'shard' symbol TJ mentioned, so I cleared my cache and now I can see that, but still no notification bell. Does it only show up if you actually have new notifications?

I think that may be the case. I don't see it either, although the shard symbol is now showing for me (without having to clear cache even). But when I followed the link that someone posted, all that was on the page was a red X with the message that I had no notifications.

Why does DC update sprites?  Why not just give us new dragons?  Or retire old reds and make new reds?  I’ve collected any army of frozen seasonal hatchlings, and you take a chainsaw to to it?  Why?  Can someone explain how a company can urrge me to collect something, and then change it a decade later?  Why?

2 minutes ago, rayemoon said:

Okay, another thing. So, isn't the market thingie with gold/shards/whatever supposed to help those who have a hard time catching stuffs? So how come you have to unlock them in encyclopedia to be able to purchase them, such as chickens, papers, etc? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the market being to help you get what is difficult to find?

You can unlock the encyclopedia by clicking on other peoples dragons.  It takes more views than just raising your own (15 vs 3 but you can do it)

1 minute ago, rayemoon said:

You don't need to have them in order to unlock them in the encyclopedia. You can unlock everything in the encyclopedia without owning anything, actually, you just need to view a certain number on other people's scrolls. There is a big Encyclopedia Helpers thread in Site Discussion for that very purpose.