TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

44 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Hm, I'm not seeing the Gold Dragon in the market. Is it just me?

I didn't see it at first, either - but I do see it now. One Gold egg costs 4,200 shards at the moment.

Just now, Chronomaly said:

I believe there is still a lot of balance. The rares take a lot of weeks to save up, and plus they are untradeable if bought from the market. I think it will be alright in the end! 

Also I like your Vlad III in your signature

yeah upon seeing your calculation about how long it takes to get a gold that's certainly some kind of balanced, tho the prices overall are still confusing.

thank you i love him so much

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave and I'm really thrilled that we have these updates. However, could we please stop having no drops in the cave not even an *hour* after new ones emerge? I mean, not all of us can be here at xx:00.

Edit: Wow the new red sprites are awesome. They look really fierce.

Kind of meh on the seasonals as I really like the originals, especially the Winter, but they'll probably grow on me. It's only the silvers that I ever truly hated because the original silver baby sprite was my absolute favorite sprite of all time.

Edited by rayemoon

8 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I have a question.

The OP implies that we collect shards (of what isn't said. Mana maybe?) and use them in purchasing things.

But the symbol for them is "g" which makes me think gold.

So are we using gold as currency? Shards of gold? Can gold even make shards? 

Quoting because I have questions.

BUT ANYWAY, can any one take a screenshot of the trading hub?

I'm not currently trading anything, but I'd like to see what it looks like. 

Edit: NEVERMIND! I found it! Trading Hub

Edited by Shokomon

3 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I have a question.

The OP implies that we collect shards (of what isn't said. Mana maybe?) and use them in purchasing things.

But the symbol for them is "g" which makes me think gold.

So are we using gold as currency? Shards of gold? Can gold even make shards? 

Clear your cache. It seems like a lot of browsers aren't picking up the actual symbol.

I have to say, though, I love everything about the new Seasonals.  Everything.  They're gorgeous.

Just now, Switch said:

yeah upon seeing your calculation about how long it takes to get a gold that's certainly some kind of balanced, tho the prices overall are still confusing.

thank you i love him so much

That makes sense, I'm surprised chickens and the such cost a lot more than Silvers. I'm sure since right now anything above 200g is unbuyable prices may be adjusted. If they were tradeable...oh dear that would be an issue

1 minute ago, TJ09 said:

Clear your cache. It seems like a lot of browsers aren't picking up the actual symbol.

Ohhhhh! There we go. That fixed it.

That makes way more sense. We  have little shard icons now! Thank you. 

Also, if you can find the market place, go here: The Market

OMG HARRY POTTAH EGGS. I'm so excited! They look awesome. Thanks everyone who put this together! :D

7 minutes ago, Switch said:

well uh, more eggs are getting added in just now? including more rares? i thought the lack of rarer dragons was an attempt to keep some balance but i can't wait to be able to buy neglecteds next

Don't hold your breath on NDs.  There are no eggs in the market yet that cannot be found in the biomes.  No hybrids,  for example.  NDs are in the category of not found in cave.

I've noticed that I have several dragon breeds that have not been unlocked via encyclopedia...which is strange since I've been here for ALL of them...and have at least one of each of the breeds....do many others run into this issue?

Glad I got all the eggs caught. Don't have much interest in the market or trading hub and now I have to wait to see what these new dragons are like. The updates for the Red and Seasonals are... okay.

Edited by Whirlaway

Just now, IvoryRaven15 said:

I've noticed that I have several dragon breeds that have not been unlocked via encyclopedia...which is strange since I've been here for ALL of them...and have at least one of each of the breeds....do many others run into this issue?

the encyclopedia is literally just like that lol it was busted when it was made

Just now, Switch said:

LOL ok well good to know I'm not alone then!

Just now, Switch said:

How was it busted when it was made?

7 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Firstly I would like to say that I love that sprite updates continue to be implemented. Seasonals were one of the breeds desperately in need of an update. However, they still carry over many of the flaws of the original sprites. The new seasonals are an improvement, but they are still definitely not up to snuff with recent releases.

Their shading remains an issue: it is extremely pillowed with too few intermediary colors. And for all of the sprites, there are some overreaching anatomy flaws. The heads (or at least eyes?) are oversized; the thighs are very thick for no apparent reason; the wings appear to connect to the shoulder, which is anatomically incorrect and just looks not quite right.

I apologize if this is not the place for critique, but for the sake of improvement these things should be addressed.

Yo hey I listen to critique but also that's not pillow shading.

dca9081efae576743f1ed603a79e87d0.png

image.png.ce0a163e455e11f48fa6ee237ccf3431.png

A centered, slightly frontal light source isn't pillow shading if the shading follows actual contours and how light would hit the object (or dragon in this case). Dragon anatomy isn't really realistic to begin with and it's not illegal to connect wings to the shoulder, that's subjective. The thighs are large because all of the standing Seasonals have a bipedal stance and also to preserve the original feel of the sprite, particularly in the lineage tile; this applies to the head/eyes too. In case it wasn't clear: These are all features, not bugs. Also, these sprites were made a while back, when I was in a phase where I strongly disliked wing stretch mark texturing due to certain artists massively overdoing it, so I deliberately avoided it, which is not technically incorrect, just something that adds interest on sprites that have it.

1 minute ago, IvoryRaven15 said:

Dragons raised before the encyclopedia was implemented don't count. Also, you generally need to raise more than one of each species of dragon to unlock its adult form. Most species require three adults raised, in my experience. You can try looking at other people's dragons to unlock the relevant encyclopedia entries.

Happy Birthday DC! And wow, what a wonderful news this is to wake up to! And I'm here just an hour after the celebrations start :D I'm loving it!

5 minutes ago, IvoryRaven15 said:

You have to unlock them.  Nothing from before the encyclopedia was released counts for anyone.  That way it was fair to everyone.  ie: older players didn't get everything for free.

1 minute ago, songwithnosoul said:

Dragons raised before the encyclopedia was implemented don't count. Also, you generally need to raise more than one of each species of dragon to unlock its adult form. Most species require three adults raised, in my experience. You can try looking at other people's dragons to unlock the relevant encyclopedia entries.

Yeah I know how it works, or rather is supposed to work, and I've been around here for ages. I know I had most of them if not all unlocked when it first came out...then suddenly...poof. Almost none of them unlocked so It's been a struggle trying to get it all done again. XD

Well the hour drop was a big one, and five mins later I get my two blues. Sweet!

Aside from that I absolutely LOVE tyese new features. Thank you for allowing us to buy the rare eggs. Ive wanted that for so long.

Edited by Syiren
Cuz I could.

1 minute ago, DragonLady86 said:

You have to unlock them.  Nothing from before the encyclopedia was released counts for anyone.  That way it was fair to everyone.  ie: older players didn't get everything for free.

Yeah, I worked to get most of them unlocked the first week it came out. :) Then suddenly...poof.

It seems you cannot search by dinosaur or chicken on the trading hub.

Or maybe I'm just blind. I can't seem to see them on the list.

Do they need to be unlocked in the encyclopedia before I can search for them in the trades? 

Because that would be REALLY inconvenient.