TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

8 minutes ago, Starscream said:

try using chrome incognito.

Thank you, I will!  Congrats on the Z-code!

It is very difficult to not feel like this is a punishment.   I have to make the choice to either:

A. Release the CB Sweetlings I have owned for 8 years and catch 2018 replacement pink eggs (unexpectedly tying up two spots on my scroll that were not part of my original holiday plan)

B. Keep my longtime companions and have dragons that no longer breed true.  I won't be able to breed any checkers and will be dependent upon others if I want to build lineages. 

Back when the Sweetlings were released, I'd fought VERY hard to catch my two at midnight.  To everyone struggling to catch their CB re-releases tonight, imagine getting up tomorrow and seeing DC glitched. - your CB catches from tonight had been bumped off your scroll.    Hopefully you didn't have a code that you really loved.  Hopefully you don't get a "bonus" sprite that will someday unexpectedly no longer breed true, turning all of your lineages to garbage. :(

I don't have any CB Sweetlings (tho I don't know how that happened...) and only 1 CB Valentine '09, so I'll be hunting the biome for those later... Probably to try to trade like I did for Christmas. Having a hard time finding many Mutamores in the AP yet.

I'm waiting to have space to catch some CBs (about 13 hours from now) but so far I have been breeding almost all of my past 2nd gen Valentines along with some CBs Valentines.

I feel bad for the alt owners at the very rash decision that has been made. While nice that you can now get pinks, at what cost? A better solution could have been reached. None of you were consulted on what you thought or what you wanted.

I agree. The alt Sweetling owners should have been informed prior or at least given somewhat of an understanding of what was going to happen. I am slightly curious as to why this decision was made though, personally.

Retiring that doesn't retroactively make alts pink seems like a real bad plan considering the last time things have been retired but allowed to exist. 

Edited by Guillotine

I will most certainly not be releasing my CB Alt Sweetlings. They have been my favorite dragons for the past 8 years.

I just feel like there could have been a better solution to this. Either letting us (alt owners) grab new CB Sweetlings so we can actually enjoy breeding them like others. Or letting them breed true to color, regardless which scroll they are on. Or ya know, not fixing what wasnt broken...

I am sorry to those who have spent the last few years wasting their time and effort on making some of the most stunning lines, only to have them rendered useless now. And RIP to my favorite line, consisting of my 2 favorite DC Dragons: https://dragcave.net/lineage/3MQoh

Edited by Tiki G

I have alt sweetlings, and I had frozen one CB as a gendered hatchling. I'm not releasing it now, because I can't replace it's cute little alt sprite. So, no pink CB sweetling for me, oh well!

To my surprise I actually caught an '09 in the last drop. I still think the drops should last longer, but that's my opinion so...

1 minute ago, Draconiusultamius said:

There should be a way for everyone to be able to obtain both sweetling sprites, CB or not.

Honestly, I think TJ should have corrected the offspring during the first breeding and people realised that they could get chocolate offspring like true spriter's alts but the damage has been done

9 minutes ago, Tiki G said:

I am sorry to those who have spent the last few years wasting their time and effort on making some of the most stunning lines, only to have them rendered useless now. And RIP to my favorite line, consisting of my 2 favorite DC Dragons: https://dragcave.net/lineage/3MQoh

Oh goodness that one must hurt. What a gorgeous lineage! That may be the best alt-sweet pairing I've seen.

I somehow managed to grab a CB Sweetling at the :40, will be putting it up for trade in the morning. 

Just now, Dalek Raptor said:

Honestly, I think TJ should have corrected the offspring during the first breeding and people realised that they could get chocolate offspring like true spriter's alts but the damage has been done

He could always just reverse the change...

Sadly, Chrome Incognito hasn't helped.

I have seen the same 5 Mutamore eggs go through the AP at least 10 times now. Arrrgghhh. I don't want those lineages dangit.

Just a kind reminder to everyone: FOG YOUR EGGS. Just in case there are still nasty people around who try to viewbomb.

Oops. Slept through the first two hours. I hope I can catch my sweetling and Valentine's 2009 eggs. Those are the only CBs I am missing.

It’s chaotic in the valentime biome, can’t grab anything. Will try again later

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I have seen the same 5 Mutamore eggs go through the AP at least 10 times now. Arrrgghhh. I don't want those lineages dangit.

I have unbred CBs if you are interested

Alright! Time to catch back up with the Dragons that I missed in my absense.

Just glad I've got all but one of the eggs I need for an IOU bred and now just have to wait for tomorrow to have two Fire Gems hatch so I can breed that egg and begin hunting for seven more Cb Valentines. Just glad we got a rerelease for Valentines also! Now, I just hope we get the same for Halloween. I need so many more dragons to complete my scroll goal of eight CB Halloweens of each breed (except for Pumpkins).

18 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

I have unbred CBs if you are interested

Thank you for the offer, but I'm looking for messies.

Okay, I have 3 Rosebuds and 2 Mutamores, and a headache, so time for bed. Happy hunting everyone!

Woo, finally a chance to get some CB Arsanis! (and all the other pre-Heartstealer Vals ;))

I wish there was some way to keep egg sprites on our scroll. Heartseekers' eggs are so beautiful!

Edited by Zeditha