TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

Just now, The Dragoness said:

I just tested it out and the egg showed up on my scroll like usual. Did you try clicking on the image of the egg after catching it to check for your scroll name?

I did and it showed me my scroll name! But when I click my scroll both from the egg owner thing and normally from the sidebar it shows no new egg, a part from the four I already had. I’m mostly anxious about not being able to get the new dragon eggs, so I hope it fixes soon?

8 minutes ago, rawberry said:

Aaaa am i the only one or does anyone else have problems with the AP right now? I keep wanting to adopt eggs, I click on one and shows that I adopted it successfully but then there is no new egg in sight on my scroll and my egg/hatching counter remains the same :/ this is making me so anxious halp 

I had the same eggs showing up every time I refreshed for a while even though they were already taken but it seems to be fixed now. If it was caused by the same thing you should be able to catch eggs now good luck.

Edited by Empererpenguin

1 minute ago, Empererpenguin said:

I had the same eggs showing up every time I refreshed for a while even though they were already taken but it seems to be fixed now. If it was caused by the same thing you should be able to catch eggs now good luck.

Oooh thank you!! I’ll go and hunt then :3

So, time is winding down, I still have stuff to breed- anyone need anything from this list?

x2 CB Radiant Angels x partner of choice, x2 CB Heartstealing x partner of choice, 

4th gen Val 09 x stripe, 4th gen Val x AoC, 4th gen Val 09 x Pink,

3rd gen Sweetling x Albino (alt base), 3rd gen Sweetling x daydream

3rd gen and 4th gen Heartseeker x Royal crimson, 3rd gen Heartseeker x red Nebula

3rd gen and 4th gen Aransi x Blusang, 3rd gen Aransi x Lumina, 3rd gen Aransi x Specklethroat

3rd gen Radiant Angel x Royal Crimson, 4th gen Radiant Angel x Pyrope

3rd gen Heartstealing x Carmine

Will be breeding all to AP if no interest in the pairs by midnight.

Just now, rawberry said:

Oooh thank you!! I’ll go and hunt then :3

If its still causing you trouble, try clearing out your caches and cookies. Thats worked for me before.

I feel pretty silly for asking but I just didn't notice how it was during the last two releases - I know past Valentines will still breed true on the 14th, but will the past CBs still drop in the Valentine biome on the 14th, or will it only be the 2018 release across the board?

So far the past-CB biome has gone on the same timetable as past-breeding, so I assume it's the same this time. Of course assumptions can be wrong...

Get hype, folks!

@pretty_thumb Watch the AP, many people abandon and recatch CBs. Though CB Soulstones may be rare there since most people caught their two last year.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

I plan to creat a topic for it in the suggestions thread soon, just discussing a few things through pms about it first. Whether its a holiday or not it would be awesome to create. :wub:

Just keep in mind that if you make it public it can't be a holiday dragon, and that the Dragon Requests subforum would probably stay closed for at least a few more months. :)

-

Less than two hours left!

3 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Just keep in mind that if you make it public it can't be a holiday dragon, and that the Dragon Requests subforum would probably stay closed for at least a few more months. :)

-

Less than two hours left!

Oh? So then how would I go about it if I wanted to aim for a holiday title? I've never tried before, so that's all new to me. ^_^;

16 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

Still no Soulstone in sight. :(

I'm dying for one, it's my last CB. I'm losing my mind over the purple pearl

10 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

I haven't even seen any drop today!

15 minutes ago, SamuelMaybird said:

Dang, if I didn't already have two adult cb's I'd try to grab you guys some. :(

Also guys BE CAREFUL!  one of my gifted eggs got sick with less than 50 unique views. I fogged it, bit it's staying that way for at least 24 hours. Be careful of your eggs, especially the new ones. 

Edited by Syiren

I know it'd reallllly mess up with people's breedings (pumpkin dragon anyone?), however....a pygmy dragon would be cute imho. Something cupid themed maybe? Or, you have a dragon in a pumpkin, why not like, an alternate form of that with a dragon nestling inside a rose or sth?

I mean, not quite what I had in mind but, wittle pygmy rose draggo's! example example 2

21 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Oh? So then how would I go about it if I wanted to aim for a holiday title? I've never tried before, so that's all new to me. ^_^;

You need to make it privately(alone or with other artists) and send it to TJ via PM. c: Showing the sprites to a couple of people for crits is okay, but once the sprites are viewable in public before the official release, they're basically disqualified for holiday releases.

+And sketches too! Any art related to the holiday dragon should not be made public. So you may want to hide that eastern sketch just in case. 

Edited by SkyWolf25

4 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

You need to make it privately(alone or with other artists) and send it to TJ via PM. c: Showing the sprites to a couple of people for crits is okay, but once the sprites are viewable in public before the official release, they're basically disqualified for holiday releases.

+And sketches too! Any art related to the holiday dragon should not be made public.

Ahh, ok. I gotcha. Thank you. That def makes it a lot easier. ^_^

@Syiren Two flowery easterns for you now!

pls excuse the awful flower texture, I had thirty minutes to draw this :’)

8tMbicX.jpg

eta maybe a sharper image for those spatter details

Edited by RWyvern

I hate daylight saving - its 12 now.....

its also midday on the 14th coz Australia lives in the future and all that

Out of curiosity, to anyone who does holiday x holiday lineages (and also monogamous dragon pairings?): Since holiday/holiday pairings can only be bred twice per year (if they are different holidays), do you breed them with other dragons outside the holidays, or do you just only breed those dragons twice a year? I'm finding a surprising number of holiday/holiday lineages in the AP where the parents don't have offspring with any other dragon. 

@RWyvern That is amazing! :wub: 30 minutes? That's some great talent! Thank you!

7 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Out of curiosity, to anyone who does holiday x holiday lineages (and also monogamous dragon pairings?): Since holiday/holiday pairings can only be bred twice per year (if they are different holidays), do you breed them with other dragons outside the holidays, or do you just only breed those dragons twice a year? I'm finding a surprising number of holiday/holiday lineages in the AP where the parents don't have offspring with any other dragon. 

I try to with some of mine, I just always end up forgetting most of the time, unless its with my silvers, golds or prizes. ^^;

1 hour ago, pretty_thumb said:

I haven't even seen any drop today!

I gave up. Grabbed an RA from Solstice for a dragon to be bred next Christmas. I do love RA so it's not a complete bust.

I'm eager to see the new holiday!!