Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

1 hour ago, Mow said:

2 pages in one night its really heavy :D

Its much to read! Minkish, i hope you saw my hidden favor point post XD i'm not sure if i did it right (i only used the normal form for gifting but not the skirmish form) shall i repost it? 

As for the Honored Line i somehow like the thought of 'Generals' - to mentain the english titles which i personally prefer - cause every emperor needs a military consultant as well! 

And PrinzFeuer voted for no other lines, he likes the project the way it is and has no problem with waiting. Just for the records =)

I personally love to make a double arrow at some point out of all colors and therefore i need more than three lines to not let it be inbreeding :P and i love more naming patterns. 

@Mow - Hehe, yes I know the feeling. Whenever I'm unable to get to the forum (especially if I'm busy and end up not checking for a couple of days), I literally gasp. Which is why I decided that I need Clan Leaders to help me out, especially since I'll be going on a 2 weeks long overseas trip next month. (*gulp*) 

Noted PrinzFeuer's opinions, I'll consider that when making the final decision! (: 

The last gift I have recorded from you is the CB Hatchie (SYzAV) to @pretty_thumb. Is that the one you're referring to? If you've gifted something else since then, I'd appreciate it if you could post the form again! In the meantime, I'll also go keep a look out. Sometimes I get careless and miss out on things, especially when everything comes at once. 

1 hour ago, Rekha said:

Yay so excited about this. Good luck everyone and thank you @MinkishMinx for all the hard work you've put into this.

I'd like to nominate myself as a Clan Leader!

* please use the color of your clan when posting the form

Name: Rekha

Clan: Jade

I'd like to be Clan Leader because: I am absolutely in love with this project and I work from home so I am often times around and able to help out with things here. I find myself checking the forums throughout the day pretty consistently and I have had some experience running projects in the past. 

I understand all my duties and will abide by the Clan Leader rules: Yes 

-----------

PS

NexusDivine is in favor of it staying the same way and says not to over complicate it, people should be patient enough there are three pairs where as some projects out there stem with only one pair.

@Rekha - Your application is accepted! (: Thank you so much for your interest and for your kind words. I've also noted NexusDivine's response and will keep it in mind! 

31 minutes ago, Ninjakittee said:

Name: Ninjakittee

Clan: Rose

I'd like to be Clan Leader because: I find myself loving this project way more than I expected, it's so well structured and I'd love to help out more with it. (That said, I'm absolutely more than happy just to participate, so if another Rose nominates themselves please consider this post mostly for backup. I should be available most times to help out all the same ^.^)

@Ninjakittee - Your application is accepted! Thank you so much for even considering to help out in this way. (: 

4 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

Name: pretty_thumb

Clan: Sky Clan

I'd like to be Clan Leader because: This project is close to my heart and I would love to represent Sky Clan. I already seem to perform some of the duties of a leader (greeting new members, etc.) without really noticing, so why not do it officially to help out MinkishMinx? :) I really enjoy doing ~official type~ duties, so keeping track of points and posting forms would be fun for me! I also check the forums periodically throughout the day, so most people would have their points recorded/be greeted quite quickly.

@pretty_thumb - Your application is accepted! I really appreciate all the help that you've offered me and this little project so far. Thanks for being so supportive! <3 

OMG you guys, I finally *kinda* figured out how to use some of the free photoshop options and I made a thing!! Now that I know I can do this, I can work on something to earn favor points :) This is super simple and not v good at all, BUT it means I can improve now that I know it's possible to do some of this.

ETA: Another work in progress bc I'm dumbly proud (I know they're big but they'd obviously be scaled down for any kind of use).

Spoiler

imageedit_1_6808211170.png.a9c8f722ba5559eb20163d0956640a04.png imageedit_4_5635217074.thumb.png.06584b7f1444664a72b989150415c509.png

Edited by pretty_thumb

20 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

OMG you guys, I finally *kinda* figured out how to use some of the free photoshop options and I made a thing!! Now that I know I can do this, I can work on something to earn favor points :) This is super simple and not v good at all, BUT it means I can improve now that I know it's possible to do some of this.

Hide contents

imageedit_1_6808211170.png.a9c8f722ba5559eb20163d0956640a04.png

Awww that's adorable!! If you do make them, it'd totally be an adorable greeting graphic for new members! *squee* Love it! 

So many exciting changes going on! Really excited for this project and this small community we already have here ^_^ 

Name: Peachycupcake525

Clan: Sky

I'd like to be Clan Leader because: I double and triple check pretty much everything, so I don't think that I would miss many new players or points earned. I like math and managing stuff, too. I check the forums a lot and always read through all of the new posts in this. I really love this project already, even though my dragon from the imperial line hasn't grown up yet. I have a lot of time on my hands, so I would be able to be on a lot. I plan to be playing dragon cave for a long time, so I shouldn't disappear randomly if I get this position. I would really love to help out in some way, because I truly enjoy this.

I have earned Favor for my Clan!

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/Peachycupcake525

Clan I belong to: Sky

Favor Earned: 

#5 I Advertised in my Signature!

Points earned: 2

Edited by Peachycupcake525

I realize I'm brand new, but I thought I'd offer anyway.

Name: Sesshomaru (still Miral, too)

I'd like to be Clan Leader because:

Firstly, the technical qualifications - leadership skills (as in the ability to remain bipartisan, to judge fairly, and choose wisely), an excellent grasp of the English language, both American and British (which should allow for smoother communication), graphical abilities, a good memory, a mind for numbers, proficient in learning and adapting quickly, and the ability to research and locate important or relevant information in an efficient manner. I'm also one of the most senior members in this thread, so I know the workings of Dragcave back to front. My tablet, phone, and laptop mean I can check the site whenever, wherever. Secondly, the expanded reasoning - a huge interest in East Asian culture I've had as long as I can remember, and the chance to start my own honored line. Since I'm new, being able to own an honored line would allow me to jump into the project faster than I could have otherwise. I would even be happy with an assistant position, provided I still had an arena in which to contribute more than I could as a regular member.

Edited by Sesshomaru

2 hours ago, HeDy said:

So many exciting changes going on! Really excited for this project and this small community we already have here ^_^ 

Me too! (: I'm so thrilled and thankful to be part of such a lively, warm and wonderful community. 

23 minutes ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

I'd like to be Clan Leader because: I double and triple check pretty much everything, so I don't think that I would miss many new players or points earned. I like math and managing stuff, too. I check the forums a lot and always read through all of the new posts in this. I really love this project already, even though my dragon from the imperial line hasn't grown up yet. I have a lot of time on my hands, so I would be able to be on a lot. I plan to be playing dragon cave for a long time, so I shouldn't disappear randomly if I get this position. I would really love to help out in some way, because I truly enjoy this.

I have earned Favor for my Clan!

Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/Peachycupcake525

Clan I belong to: Sky

Favor Earned: 

#5 I Advertised in my Signature!

Points earned: 2

Your application has been approved! I've added you to the list of candidates for the Sky Clan. Thank you for your interest in taking on such an important role! Also, I'll add the points to your clan right after this post. 

19 minutes ago, Sesshomaru said:

I realize I'm brand new, but I thought I'd offer anyway.

Name: Sesshomaru (still Miral, too)

I'd like to be Clan Leader because:

Firstly, the technical qualifications - leadership skills (as in the ability to remain bipartisan, to judge fairly, and choose wisely), an excellent grasp of the English language, both American and British (which should allow for smoother communication), graphical abilities, a good memory, a mind for numbers, proficient in learning and adapting quickly, and the ability to research and locate important or relevant information in an efficient manner. I'm also one of the most senior members in this thread, so I know the workings of Dragcave back to front. My tablet, phone, and laptop mean I can check the site whenever, wherever. Secondly, the expanded reasoning - a huge interest in East Asian culture I've had as long as I can remember, and the chance to start my own honored line. Since I'm new, being able to own an honored line would allow me to jump into the project faster than I could have otherwise. I would even be happy with an assistant position, provided I still had an arena in which to contribute more than I could as a regular member.

Your application has been approved! You're added to the list of Sky Clan candidates. No worries on my end about being brand new, but it might help to get to know your fellow clan members more since they will be the ones who are voting. Thanks for being willing to apply for this position! 

8 hours ago, MinkishMinx said:

I originally wanted to use the English titles because this forum and Dragon Cave is primarily English speaking. Prince / Princess is more accessible and ensures that the naming convention will be easily followed. The project is already more on the complex side due to the scoring systems and I didn't want to complicate things further by implementing naming conventions in a language that most members would not understand. 

Also, there are different variations for the mandarin titles based on rank / dynasty etc. Eg for Princess alone, there could be "Gong Zhu (公主)", "Ge Ge (格格)", "Jun Zhu (郡主)" and maybe others as well. That could make things complicated, especially to people who don't understand mandarin at all. (I personally speak the language, but not very well). 

Most likely, I will allow the use of mandarin title equivalents (so you can replace "Princess" with "Gongzhu"), but I would not choose to impose this on the members. For the sake of universal clarity, Prince / Princess will remain the default titles for the Heavenly / Sacred Line offspring. 

As for the Honored lines hosted by the Clan leaders, I will leave the naming conventions to them to decide. (: 

ETA: 

I'll soon come up with a list of mandarin imperial titles that can be used as alternatives for Prince / Princess and include that under the Naming Conventions section in the main post. 

Oh wow - speaking the language definitely beats my running around the interwebz finding these things. Although I have to say it's easier than when I was trying to translate "Silver Star Prince" into Chinese back in the 80s to name my papered Silver Chow Chow lol. I understand wanting to keep it simple tho :) Just throwing my 2 cents in there lol.

2 minutes ago, TempestSea said:

Oh wow - speaking the language definitely beats my running around the interwebz finding these things. Although I have to say it's easier than when I was trying to translate "Silver Star Prince" into Chinese back in the 80s to name my papered Silver Chow Chow lol. I understand wanting to keep it simple tho :) Just throwing my 2 cents in there lol.

Oh! I was just about to post about this. Inspired by you, I've actually decided to officially allow Chinese versions of titles as alternatives to not just the Prince / Princess titles, but the Concubine / Consort titles as well. 

The Naming Convention section can be found in this post, but I've decided to post the updated version here as well for easy reference: 

images.png

Updates to the Naming Convention Section - Chinese titles are now allowed!

Royal Offspring

All royal offspring that descend from one of the Heavenly Couples (ie the Imperial Emperor and one of the High Concubines) must have the title prefix of "Prince" or "Princess".

You can also opt to replace "Prince" or "Princess" with the Mandarin Chinese version of the title instead. Do note that unlike English titles, Chinese titles are attached as suffixes. So the Chinese title equivalent of "Princess Qin" would be "Qin Gongzhu". 

Chinese titles for Prince 

Spoiler

- Wangzi (王子) - Prince (more commonly used title)

- Taizi (太子) - Crown Prince 

- Ahge (阿哥) - Prince (mostly used during the Manchu period)

- Qinwang (亲王) - Prince of the First Rank

- Junwang (郡王) - Prince of the Second Rank

- Beile (贝勒) - Prince of the Third Rank

- Beizi (贝子) - Prince of the Fourth Rank  

Chinese titles for Princess 

Spoiler

- Gongzhu (公主)  - Princess (more commonly used title) 

- Gege (格格) - Princess  (mostly during the Manchu period) 

- Junzhu (郡主) - Princess (usually a less direct descendant of the Emperor) 

They can also carry the suffix of their clan (based on their color), although this is optional.

Jade Clan : Yu (玉) or Jade 

Rose Clan: Hua (花) or Rose 

Sky Clan: Tian (天) or Sky

Do note that they belong to the clan represented by their color, which means that their suffix could be different from their mother's.

For eg, a male Blue Gemshard offspring from the Emperor and Mei Yu (of the Jade Clan) should be named Prince _____ Tian or Prince _____ Sky since he belongs to the Sky Clan.

Royal Consort / Concubine

Royal Consorts (aka cave born mates) should have the title prefix of "Consort" or "Prince Consort" (if male) or "Concubine" or "Royal Concubine" (if female).

You can also opt to replace "Consort" or "Concubine" with the Mandarin Chinese version of the title instead. Do note that unlike English titles, Chinese titles are attached as suffixes. So the Chinese title equivalent of "Concubine Qin" would be "Qin Guifei". 

Chinese titles for Consort (male CB mate) 

Spoiler

Fuma (驸马) - Prince Consort (spouse of a Princess) 

E'fu (额驸) - Prince Consort (spouse of a Princess) 

Chinese titles for Concubine (female CB mate) 

Spoiler

Guifei (贵妃) - Concubine (especially one of high standing) 

Aifei (爱妃) - Beloved Concubine (an affectionate term usually used for a deeply treasured Concubine)

Fei (妃) - Concubine 

Pin (嫔) - Concubine (usually of slightly lower standing) 

Hmm, I think I will use the Chinese versions of the titles. I have the names I'm gonna use saved on random dragons, I'm going to go update them.

Oo, I really like the Chinese titles! I'm going to complete my set of (2) CBs of each color/gender with the old naming conventions, then implement these. I may start using the Chinese versions of Prince/Princess before then too :)

I really like the Chinese names as well! Back to hunting Gemshards from the Cave >>

I Pledge Loyalty to the Jade Clan 

Name: esse
Link to Scrollhttps://dragcave.net/user/ikitsukeru

I'd like to be placed on the Wait List for a Heavenly Line Egg 
Link to Scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/ikitsukeru
Clan I belong to: Jade

I'd like to be placed on the Wait List for an Imperial Line Egg 

Clan I belong to: Jade 

Generation of Egg: Any, please! 

Hello there! My apologies for the hidden post, I can't seem to be able to get rid of it ^^;;

And thank you for the warm welcome! 

Formatting can be a bit of a pain on the site, you're fine! :) I hope you'll enjoy it here. 

Hopefully! It seems I'm waiting behind long lines so it might take a while for me to actually participate. Looking forward to the full experience with everyone~ 

10 minutes ago, esse said:

Hopefully! It seems I'm waiting behind long lines so it might take a while for me to actually participate. Looking forward to the full experience with everyone~ 

Welcome! It may seem like a long time but it’ll go by in no time:) there are also other ways to participate and we’re all very active so I’m sure you’ll have fun and enjoy the lineage even before you receive your egg!

@MinkishMinx I have a couple of points to address, and I wanted direct answers from you, if possible, as you're the creator of this lineage. Since the election of clan leaders will be decided by public poll, I'm guessing you don't have a way to prevent candidates from voting for themselves. In order to keep it democratic and civil, I think a warning cautioning people against this would be wise. Lastly, I'd like to advertise this project in my signature, but it operates on a bit of coding that allows it to rotate through many different images upon refresh. Would I still earn favor for advertising even if there's a chance some people mightn't see it?

I have to disagree with @Sesshomaru. The democratic process allows candidates to vote for themselves, just like anyone else, only once. (Think Leslie Knope from Parks & Rec). We can only vote on polls once. It would make no sense (to me personally) to allow us to nominate ourselves but not vote for. When you get down to it, we still don't have that many people - 1 person out of 18 actually makes quite a bit of a difference on a vote.

Edited by pretty_thumb

@pretty_thumb First of all, clans can only elect leaders inside their own group, as per @MinkishMinx and her post. Meaning a Jade Clan candidate cannot be voted for by a member of Rose Clan, only Jade Clan. Sky Clan has an electorate of 7, not 18. Secondly, just because candidates can vote for whomever they wish in most democratic countries does not make it a prerequisite for, or unspoken rule of democracy. The idea behind it is that even those up for election should be allowed to vote for whom they believe will do the best job, but cynical as it sounds, I'm of the mind that allowing it in this case will simply let candidates vote for themselves because they want to win.

No matter what is decided, I'm going to pull a Zachary Taylor (a reference no one but history nerds will understand) and not vote for anyone, including myself, because in my opinion, it's not morally sound and debases the point.

Edited by Sesshomaru