Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

I'd like to nominate myself as a Clan Leader!

Name: Mak0

Clan: Rose Clan

I'd like to be Clan Leader because: I’ve been playing DC since 2009, this site has been a much loved part of my life for many years. I’m also dedicated to this lineage, as it came at the perfect time in my life when I needed a distraction and something to focus on. From early in the morning to late at night I’m usually on the site and checking the lineage regularly. I also have experience in management, as well as organization and tracking of paperwork and various other things. I’m very excited to be apart of this and to watch it grow, whether it be as Clan Leader or not. The members of this group have been very warm and welcoming and I’m grateful for that^_^

I understand all my duties and will abide by the Clan Leader rules: Yes

@Sesshomaru so that would further prove my point - 1 person would be a huge percentage of the vote. The thing about democracy is that it means we can vote for whoever we want, for whatever reason, even if it's as asinine as "Oh, I like Miral's profile picture better than pretty_thumb's." It wouldn't be democratic to prevent anyone from voting for anyone else for any reason.

ETA: When it really comes down to it, it's @MinkishMinx's decision and that's what I will be going with.

Edited by pretty_thumb

@pretty_thumb even if it was green ive been working to hatch two eggs for the skirmish. I know that won't get me to the 12 points needed for the nifty personalized graphic but at least it helps my clan out. I'm just waiting for the second one to hatch so I can post it as well. But yes I love that we have a way to deal with those miscolored hatchie. Hehe.

Now on to the conversation at hand. I fully agree with @pretty_thumb here and believe that we should be able to vote for ourselves. It's not like that one vote will skew things greatly. Though I am eager to hear what @MinkishMinx has to say on the subject and will defer to her decision when it comes to this. 

@pretty_thumb Actually, it doesn't prove your point. Everything I said was in opposition of your point. I acknowledged your point and showcased the relevant parts of my own while not invalidating yours, which is the general protocol for a debate. Gods forbid you be prevented from voting for the person you obviously intend to vote for. I'm simply saying there should be more accountability in the way this poll is being managed. Most democratic voting is carried out by secret ballot, so the notion of a public one is quite irregular to my mind.

The only thing I'm worried about with the poll voting is that there is no way to see who put in what votes. So we are on an honor system that everyone will keep their votes inside their clan. 

If everybody voted for themselves, nothing would be affected at all, because each person would start with one vote, right? If someone thinks that another candidate would make a better clan leader than they would, then they can vote for someone else. At least, that's how I see it. I might be looking at it wrong.

Edited by Peachycupcake525

@Peachycupcake525 I feel the same way. Obviously at this point I would vote for myself as no other jade clan representatives have stepped up. But if someone does and makes a point that makes me realize they would be better than me I would vote for them. Then there are those who aren't going to be running and their votes would go to who they feel would best fill that role in their clan. 

1 minute ago, Rekha said:

The only thing I'm worried about with the poll voting is that there is no way to see who put in what votes. So we are on an honor system that everyone will keep their votes inside their clan. 

I'm pretty sure there's no way to tell, if I recall correctly. It would make sense that it's private, like polls in real life.

1 minute ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

If everybody voted for themselves, nothing would be affected at all, because each person would start with one vote, right? If someone thinks that another candidate would make a better clan leader than they would, then they can vote for someone else. At least, that's how I see it. I might be looking at it wrong.

Exactly correct. :) 

3 minutes ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

All of this.

MinkishMinx I’m sure has something in mind, she knows how to handle her lineage and has gone to a lot of trouble to make it fair for all so far. But on a slightly different note, I’m finally hatching colors other than red :lol:

1 minute ago, Mak0 said:

MinkishMinx I’m sure has something in mind, she knows how to handle her lineage and has gone to a lot of trouble to make it fair for all so far. But on a slightly different note, I’m finally hatching colors other than red :lol:

Exactly correct! :) CONGRATS!! What color did you end up with?

4 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

@pretty_thumb A blue and a couple greens finally^_^

Yay!! :D Those blues have been stubborn - I've just finally gotten a few myself.

ETA: @Rekha thank you so much for the red hatchling! Either gender it turns out, I'll be happy.

Edited by pretty_thumb

I have earned Favor for my Clan during a Skirmish!!

Name: Rekha 

Clan I belong to: Jade 

Lineage of Egg / Hatchie Gifted: https://dragcave.net/view/svLtW
Member who received gift: pretty_thumb

Favor Points Earned: +4

Edited by Rekha

4 minutes ago, Rekha said:

I have earned Favor for my Clan during a Skirmish!!

Name: Rekha 

Clan I belong to: Jade 

Lineage of Egg / Hatchie Gifted: shoot I didn't save this it was a red hatchie ungendered 
Member who received gift: pretty_thumb

Favor Points Earned: +4

I think if you check in your action log under account, you might be able to see the code of the transferred hatchling. :) 

Edited by Kigyptnee

5 minutes ago, Kigyptnee said:

I think if you check in your action log under account, you might be able to see the code of the transferred hatchling. :) 

Yay I didn't know that would be there. Thank you so much. 

25 minutes ago, Rekha said:

What if we voted through PM rather than through a poll? @MinkishMinx could post all the candidates for each clan on the thread with a voting time frame, and anyone who wants to vote could send MinkishMinx a PM so s/he(?) could keep a tally in secret...

9 minutes ago, Rekha said:

Yay I didn't know that would be there. Thank you so much. 

Glad I could help!! ^_^ 

Hey all.

i didnt had the time to write a proper dialoge since i entered this project but here ill try as much to answer every conversation i have read:

Why Sky Clan?

I m a jew, there s a important jew comunity in Kaifeng, Henan Province know as Kaifeng Jews. as Henan is home to sky.... its also mine ^^

Other lineages

Dunno but i think i prefer only the honnored lines, the scred feels, dunno, strange

the pool

i have seen that everyone here have a strong sense of ethics so i thrust no matter what @MinkishMinx choose, people will respect and do the voting in a sincere way so no need to debate over it ^^

Edited by Quiustath

12 minutes ago, Kigyptnee said:

What if we voted through PM rather than through a poll? @MinkishMinx could post all the candidates for each clan on the thread with a voting time frame, and anyone who wants to vote could send MinkishMinx a PM so s/he(?) could keep a tally in secret...

Glad I could help!! ^_^ 

This I think would work. 

Hello, I have a question, again! Sorry, I've been poking around but I can't seem to find the answer, so I thought to just go ahead and ask. 

When is the current skirmish going to end? 

2 minutes ago, esse said:

Hello, I have a question, again! Sorry, I've been poking around but I can't seem to find the answer, so I thought to just go ahead and ask. 

When is the current skirmish going to end? 

19 jan

On 1/2/2018 at 8:22 AM, MinkishMinx said:

| Current Skirmish - Gifters Galore |
Ends: 19 Jan 2018

@esse - Hope this helps!

Oh wow two days! That's fast. Thank you! Are there any limitations to claiming gemshard eggs/hatchlings (like members of the same clan not being able to claim? I just wanted to confirm!) 

4 minutes ago, esse said:

Oh wow two days! That's fast. Thank you! Are there any limitations to claiming gemshard eggs/hatchlings (like members of the same clan not being able to claim? I just wanted to confirm!) 

As far as I know there are no limitations.