Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

Okay, got it! Thank you very much for the quick responses! I hope I can poke around with the event even though I don't have an official lineage egg yet~ 

@esse - There are some rules regarding favor points for gifting bred eggs/hatchlings that you might want to take a closer look at (if you haven't already). Otherwise, to the best of my knowledge, you are free to gift or claim little ones from anyone in the project. :) edit: I agree with @Rekha :lol:

Edited by Kigyptnee

4 minutes ago, esse said:

Okay, got it! Thank you very much for the quick responses! I hope I can poke around with the event even though I don't have an official lineage egg yet~ 

You are free to poke around the event, claim babies, gift babies, post graphics to your signature, apply to or vote for clan leaders even without an official lineage egg. I still don't even have a lineage egg yet.

5 minutes ago, Kigyptnee said:

@esse - There are some rules regarding favor points for gifting bred eggs/hatchlings that you might want to take a closer look at (if you haven't already). Otherwise, to the best of my knowledge, you are free to gift or claim little ones from anyone in the project. :) edit: I agree with @Rekha :lol:

Oh, yes! I've been looking at the favor points and uh, I'm sure I'll manage the math somehow! ^^;;;; I was asking about the event because I was more unsure of that than anything else! I've read over the favor points and the lore for each clan a few times to make sure I'm not missing something (Although I'm sure I did, somehow...) Hehe~ 

@esse There’s a separate section for Skirmishes and Battles at the end that has details about them. I believe it’s after the clan hall section. I wasn’t sure if you’d seen that part yet but I just thought I’d point it out:)

Edited by Mak0

Its quite a lot to read esse, so don't worry if a few things slip by! The other members are always happy to help you, as you can see 😊 Welcome!

1 hour ago, Quiustath said:

Hey all.

i didnt had the time to write a proper dialoge since i entered this project but here ill try as much to answer every conversation i have read:

Why Sky Clan?

I m a jew, there s a important jew comunity in Kaifeng, Henan Province know as Kaifeng Jews. as Henan is home to sky.... its also mine ^^

Other lineages

Dunno but i think i prefer only the honnored lines, the scred feels, dunno, strange

the pool

i have seen that everyone here have a strong sense of ethics so i thrust no matter what @MinkishMinx choose, people will respect and do the voting in a sincere way so no need to debate over it ^^

That's so neat to learn about!! I'm glad you're at home in Sky Clan :)

Oops, looks like I picked a great time to log out for the night (I'm in a completely different timezone from most people so when the sky is bright for you, it's most likely dark for me). 

Before I comment on the voting, I'm going to run through some of the other posts and do some housekeeping first. 

images.png

IPBiFFNHdPuuiFncKusSnDmfHmkURellJIcIUScM43m3dtqeAyjzo_cMdiCFH0WAheT0UYlUwZWWK5df0CTjFTsR-3-jkEKMFDx342WdKSXfVOTS9ac6jgWaVaPhVmokX2SsCQat

The Jade Clan welcomes you, @esse

Welcome to Imperial Harem, esse! (: I'm sorry it took me a while to welcome you and answer your questions but I'm really glad that everyone had done such a great job of helping and welcoming you in my absence. This is a really warm community, and you're one of us now! If you ever have any more questions, please feel free to ask. (: It's quite a read (even I have to dig through the thread to make reference to certain things some times... and I'm the project host!). I'll add you to both wait lists right after this!

Also, I know the Skirmish is coming to an end soon, but don't worry! The next event in line is the project's first Battle, so you'll be able to participate in that fully from the beginning.

With regards to the forms, I agree the formatting can be a little tricky. I'll see if there's any way that I can format that better so that the spoiler tags stop tagging along.

images.png

5 hours ago, Sesshomaru said:

@MinkishMinx I have a couple of points to address, and I wanted direct answers from you, if possible, as you're the creator of this lineage. Since the election of clan leaders will be decided by public poll, I'm guessing you don't have a way to prevent candidates from voting for themselves. In order to keep it democratic and civil, I think a warning cautioning people against this would be wise. Lastly, I'd like to advertise this project in my signature, but it operates on a bit of coding that allows it to rotate through many different images upon refresh. Would I still earn favor for advertising even if there's a chance some people mightn't see it?

That's a nifty bit of coding! Generally, my rule of thumb is that as long as it links back to this project thread, I would award points for it. I'm not sure if that would be possible with your code since it's alternating through different images (I'm a code ignoramus so I don't know these things :ph34r:). Alternatively, you could put a text link instead, which could be less space consuming / intrusive. I know how valuable signature space is, so I really appreciate it when anyone links back to this thread in any way. 

4 hours ago, Mak0 said:

I'd like to nominate myself as a Clan Leader!

Name: Mak0

Clan: Rose Clan

I'd like to be Clan Leader because: I’ve been playing DC since 2009, this site has been a much loved part of my life for many years. I’m also dedicated to this lineage, as it came at the perfect time in my life when I needed a distraction and something to focus on. From early in the morning to late at night I’m usually on the site and checking the lineage regularly. I also have experience in management, as well as organization and tracking of paperwork and various other things. I’m very excited to be apart of this and to watch it grow, whether it be as Clan Leader or not. The members of this group have been very warm and welcoming and I’m grateful for that^_^

I understand all my duties and will abide by the Clan Leader rules: Yes

Application approved, I'll add you to the list of candidates! (: Thanks so much for taking an interest in this role! It's quite a troublesome one, but it's so heartening to know that people are actually willing to step up for it. 

3 hours ago, Rekha said:

I have earned Favor for my Clan during a Skirmish!!

Name: Rekha 

Clan I belong to: Jade 

Lineage of Egg / Hatchie Gifted: https://dragcave.net/view/svLtW
Member who received gift: pretty_thumb

Favor Points Earned: +4

Yay! I'll add the points right after this. Glad to see that you found the code for the hatchie! It helps sooo much in the logs. 

3 hours ago, Quiustath said:

Hey all.

i didnt had the time to write a proper dialoge since i entered this project but here ill try as much to answer every conversation i have read:

Why Sky Clan?

I m a jew, there s a important jew comunity in Kaifeng, Henan Province know as Kaifeng Jews. as Henan is home to sky.... its also mine ^^

Other lineages

Dunno but i think i prefer only the honnored lines, the scred feels, dunno, strange

the pool

i have seen that everyone here have a strong sense of ethics so i thrust no matter what @MinkishMinx choose, people will respect and do the voting in a sincere way so no need to debate over it ^^

Ooh it's really interesting, how you made your decision for the Sky clan. And thanks for sharing your thoughts about the Sacred lines! Most people seem to prefer the addition of the Honored Lines (including me!), so I might look into rethinking the concept of the Sacred Lines. 

images.png

Alright, now I'm off to add the points and updates before I weigh in on the whole voting thing

Edited by MinkishMinx

Now, to address the voting situation. 

1. The poll will be public, yes!

First off, I will be setting up the poll to be a public one (yes, there is that option!). That means that everyone will be able to see who voted for whom. I've changed our current poll from private to public, so you can have an idea of how it works. Basically, if you click on the little person icon on the right hand side (next to the number of votes), you'll be able to see who voted for that option via a pop up window. 

2. Why a public poll? 

The reason why I decided to do a public poll is because I wanted the process to be as transparent as possible. If we do a vote via PM, it would be a great deal of trust in me to not "doctor the votes". I don't want anyone to question my impartiality, which is why I think it's better to keep everything in the open. Also, since you will be voting for the Clan Leader that represents you, I think having the votes made public will cause everyone to take ownership for their choices and consider carefully before voting. 

I'm always open to opinions and feedback though, so if there is a general consensus that voting through PM is the preferred method or if anyone can give me a strong enough reason, I'll consider using that method instead of the public poll. 

3. I'm not following any particular political system except my own

Truth be told, I am not well versed in politics, so I don't know how a democracy is supposed to be run. I'm just doing what I personally think is the most fair to everyone. A public poll is also, to me, the most efficient way to have all the votes consolidated. PMs could get misplaced or for whatever reason, undelivered (it has happened to me before, due to poor internet connection). 

4. What if people vote for a clan leader who isn't from their clan? 

I will be formatting the poll in this way: 

Spoiler

Question 1: Who would you like as Clan Leader for the Jade Clan? (Votes only count if you're from the Jade Clan)

1. Candidate A
2. Candidate B 
3. Candidate C 

4. I'm not from the Jade Clan 

Question 2: Who would you like as Clan Leader for the Rose Clan? (Votes only count if you're from the Rose Clan)

1. Candidate A
2. Candidate B 
3. Candidate C 

4. I'm not from the Rose Clan 

Question 3: Who would you like as Clan Leader for the Sky Clan? (Votes only count if you're from the Sky Clan)

1. Candidate A
2. Candidate B 
3. Candidate C 

4. I'm not from the Sky Clan 

So, if you're not from the particular clan, you would simply choose the "I'm not from the ____ clan" option. Of course, I will be double checking everything, so if someone from a different clan votes for a Clan Leader (ie someone from Sky Clan votes for a Clan Leader in the Jade / Rose Clan), I will be able to see that and simply not count that vote towards the total. 

4. What about those with no forum accounts? 

For the guys who don't have a forum account, I'd ask that their other half makes a public post with their vote (which is basically what you guys have done with this current poll!) 

5. Do Clan Leaders get to vote?  

This is completely your choice. At the end of the day, I would ask that everyone (Clan Leader or not) votes for the person that will do the best job as a Clan Leader. I know that "best job" is a little subjective, which is why it's your choice. Also, I will be posting all of the "statements" that the Clan Leaders made when applying, so everyone gets to read that before they make a decision.

To the Clan Leaders candidates: You can make changes to your application post anytime from now till Jan 22. I'll do a final post to let you know when changes are no longer accepted. I will then copy and paste your response into the Clan Recruitment Post section.  

There might be a scenario where a Clan Leader candidate actually realizes that someone else would be better for the job and decides to cast a vote for that person instead. 

Clan Leader candidates are still members of this project, and every member gets a chance to vote. I don't see why I should take that voting privilege away from the candidates. 

6. What if there is only one candidate? 

Then there is no need to vote. It'll just be a straight win for that candidate. 

7. Ultimately, guys, this is a game. A Game

Please don't take this too seriously. Also, do understand that I'm imperfect, so I might make decisions that you take issue with. I'm doing the best I can to make this enjoyable for everyone, so please be patient with me. I have learned so much since starting this project and it's because you guys have been there every step of the way to help me and teach me things. 

Anyhow, this is my stance on the matter. I'm totally open to feedback, so if you have any questions or opinions, do post! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

Thank you for weighing in on the subject. I like this version of the pole and am perfectly satisfied with the ones who don't have a forum account having a chance to vote for their clans still. 

Edit: I really like the idea of the sacred lines as well. 

Edited by Rekha

I really like the idea of the sacred lines, are you planning on changing them or getting rid of them altogether?

Thanks for weighing in with your opinions, @MinkishMinx :) Personally, I do not take issue with a public poll, as like you said it will hold everyone accountable. I also enjoy the concept of everyone being able to see where the vote is, because it just seems fun that way. (Again, Parks & Recreation reference - much like Leslie's poll results.) 

Also, thank you for continuing to include our partners, as I know it means a lot to mine <3 He has so much fun playing DragonCave and I'm so glad I introduced him a few months ago so he got the hang of it before this lineage came along.

On the note of our forms - do you yourself think it's necessary to make changes? I was under the impression the reason we wanted to join was meant to be more of a fun blurb than a list of reasons we think we're qualified. Should I edit to include that? 

ETA: I also really like the idea of the Sacred line, especially since royal sons were so valued then. 

Edit 2: Anyone else notice we have three votes from non-members? Is there a way to ensure only people who've posted in the thread can vote? Or will we need to keep an eye out on the tally? 

Edited by pretty_thumb

44 minutes ago, Rekha said:

Thank you for weighing in on the subject. I like this version of the pole and am perfectly satisfied with the ones who don't have a forum account having a chance to vote for their clans still. 

Edit: I really like the idea of the sacred lines as well. 

10 minutes ago, Rekha said:

I have earned Favor for my Clan during a Skirmish!!

Name: Rekha 

Clan I belong to: Jade 

Lineage of Egg / Hatchie Gifted: https://dragcave.net/view/1ugqZ

Member who received gift: pretty_thumb

Favor Points Earned: +4

Awesome! I'm glad you're good on the situation. (: I'll add the points for you right after this. 

40 minutes ago, Ariento said:

I really like the idea of the sacred lines, are you planning on changing them or getting rid of them altogether?

I'll most likely just be tweaking the backstory a little bit. I'll also have to decide to handle the wait list for the Sacred and Heavenly Lines, but no. The majority vote seems to be for both the Sacred and Honored lines to be added, so I'll make that work. 

36 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

Thanks for weighing in with your opinions, @MinkishMinx :) Personally, I do not take issue with a public poll, as like you said it will hold everyone accountable. I also enjoy the concept of everyone being able to see where the vote is, because it just seems fun that way. (Again, Parks & Recreation reference - much like Leslie's poll results.) 

Also, thank you for continuing to include our partners, as I know it means a lot to mine <3 He has so much fun playing DragonCave and I'm so glad I introduced him a few months ago so he got the hang of it before this lineage came along.

On the note of our forms - do you yourself think it's necessary to make changes? I was under the impression the reason we wanted to join was meant to be more of a fun blurb than a list of reasons we think we're qualified. Should I edit to include that? 

ETA: I also really like the idea of the Sacred line, especially since royal sons were so valued then. 

Edit 2: Anyone else notice we have three votes from non-members? Is there a way to ensure only people who've posted in the thread can vote? Or will we need to keep an eye out on the tally? 

I'm glad that you're good with the situation! 

And no worries, they're members of the project, so I definitely have to take them into account. 

With regards to the form, it's up to you how you want to write it! It's just another way for your clan members to get to know you and have an idea of how you'd be like as their prospective Clan Leader. Then again, there are other ways to shape their opinions such as interacting with them. 

I'm glad you like the idea of the Sacred line! Like I said, there will be some stuff that I have to think about and work through, but at this point, they will very likely come into being. 

With regards to the non member votes, I think that might be from people who are interested in the project but aren't ready to join just yet. The actual voting process for Clan Leaders will be different. Before anyone votes on a public poll, they will get to read some sort of a disclaimer that their votes will be seen by everyone. I'll also explicitly mention in the poll title that voting is only for members of the project. Hopefully this will keep the poll within members of the project. If we do get votes from non-members, I'll just void them when it comes to tallying the votes. 

Yes thank you very much. I look forward to seeing how this whole thing progresses be it with me getting the votes or not, I will still happily be a part of this lineage project and will still be helpful when I can. 

Yay, no worries, you guys! I'm always a little worried before I hit "Submit Reply" because sometimes some stuff make complete sense to me in my brain but then they don't transfer well into words. :blink: (I'm starting to suspect that this might just be one of those times)

Good morning fellow project-members! 

Minkish, so far I always understood what you wrote! 

My sun comes up when its night for most of you, but we still get to have a few hours of daylight together 😉

Edit: The egg i got gifted here hatched green! Yes! 😁

Edited by Mow

6 minutes ago, Mow said:

Good morning fellow project-members! 

Minkish, so far I always understood what you wrote! 

My sun comes up when its night for most of you, but we still get to have a few hours of daylight together 😉

Good morning and goodnight. I myself am heading to bed. Hope you have a good day. 

An excellent day of 'sharding, friends. I'm glad to see some interesting discourse happening without anything incendiary being said - I really appreciate all of this, and just wanted to say thank you again to @MinkishMinx for this project (as well as everyone else and the eventual Clan Leaders). It popped up right as I needed something like this to channel my energy into.

(I'm off to bed now, my timezone is jacked, but I'll probably pop up on mobile for the next hour anyway lol)

Here's a non-lineage related gift for anyone from this thread. :) I have all the stages of the purple Dino, so I'd love to see it go to someone else who wants it/can make use of it on their scroll. Its lil code is kinda cute too. Just offer a dummy egg and I'll send it your way - if you're quick you'll catch me before bed! (My time zone is just an hour ahead of the Cave, but my sleep time is largely catastrophic.)

ETA: LOL @Mow I'm so sorry - guess that shows how tired I am. Sending the link to your PM now :lol:

Edited by pretty_thumb

49 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

Here's a non-lineage related gift for anyone from this thread. :) I have all the stages of the purple Dino, so I'd love to see it go to someone else who wants it/can make use of it on their scroll. Its lil code is kinda cute too. Just offer a dummy egg and I'll send it your way - if you're quick you'll catch me before bed! (My time zone is just an hour ahead of the Cave, but my sleep time is largely catastrophic.)

Where is the link tho? 😁 PrinzFeuer has no purple Dino and would be thrilled!

Gemshards hate me. I'm convinced now.

I'd like to gift a CB Egg / Hatchie
Clan I belong to: Sky
Color / Gender of Hatchie: Ungendered Green
Teleport Link / PM Link: here

I'd like to gift a CB Egg / Hatchie
Clan I belong to: Sky
Color / Gender of Hatchie: Ungendered red
Teleport Link / PM Link: here