TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Wow, someone added my scroll to a hatchery which killed all of my eggs. Had enough stuff on my plate to deal with lately and this is the icing on the cake.

Heads up everyone, fog your eggs as soon as they're caught. Wouldn't want someone to find it amusing to kill them. -_-

Edited by Omen

and keeping your scroll hidden so jerks like that can't do it to you =( i learned that the hard way a few holidays ago, now i never link it anywhere

If this year's holiday biome normalizes the deficit of hollies and yulebucks in the system, then perhaps we could increase all the limits to 3 next year. It would still end up less hectic than this year, since people who already grabbed two hollies this year could only get one more the next year; and it would relieve some of the pressure caused by aegis' having two different forms yet the same two-dragon limit.

So excited for the Holiday biome! I was hoping it would make an appearance.  I started playing in 2008, so missed the Holly release. And for some reason I only grabbed 1 Yulebuck back in the day.  I was on a DC break when the Ribbons were released. I'm really happy to now have a complete Holiday set of dragons! Thanks so much TJ for making this a possibility!

Also, on the off chance anyone is using a Pixelbook, you can hold ctrl down and all taps will open in new tabs.  That way you can spazz tap and then check after the drop is over to see what, if any eggs, you managed to snag. I held control down with my left thumb, tapped refresh with my middle finger on same hand, and wildly tapped my screen with my right hand.

PC wise: If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, normally if you press that to click it will open in a new tab, so lots of wheel pressing and F5ing may help as well. It's what I do to hunt at home. On a dreadfully slow connection.

Happy hunting all!! Don't give up, or lose hope. You'll get the shinies you are trying for.

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

and keeping your scroll hidden so jerks like that can't do it to you =( i learned that the hard way a few holidays ago, now i never link it anywhere

Good idea, thanks. I can catch more, I have the time.

Just now, Omen said:

Dead eggs don't count against the breed limit, do they?

Just now, Omen said:

Wow, someone view bombed all of my eggs. Had enough stuff on my plate to deal with lately and this is the icing on the cake.

Heads up everyone, fog your eggs as soon as they're caught. Wouldn't want someone to find it amusing to kill them. -_-

Plus don't put your eggs in the "eggs around the world" hatchery. They seem to have a problem there. With more than 1000 users online, the eggs added to that site are currently bound to get sick within no time. That problem has already been discussed in the what is your current bad luck thread and in the I'm being viewbombed thread. Apparently, no solution has been found yet. :/

3 minutes ago, Omen said:

still sucks when it happens though, sorry for your losses =( i am sure you can re-catch them and will keep my fingers crossed for you

So happy that the holiday biome made a reappearance for Christmas. Released all my old frozen CBs so that I can have two adults of every breed. I'm one holly away from completing that goal. Excited to have CB yulebucks as they are my all time favorite Christmas release, and of course happy for my very own hollies. I only want to collect perfect holiday checkers, and that was an impossible dream with how few hollies there were. I'm one that's happy the limits remained for several reasons. One being that I don't have to choose between bred and CB like at Halloween. Once these guys hatch I can concentrate solely one filling my scroll with beautiful lineages <3

And there's my 2nd holly! Getting away from hunting now. Yay.

Edited by Carmelita Fox

Yessssssss, Holiday Biome returns!!!!

Thank you for keeping the 2-CB limit, too, TJ!  It gives players a better chance of catching past CBs if the people with the fastest Internet connections can't grab every Holly or Yulebuck that drops. 

I'm really looking forward to getting my poor lonely-only CB Winter Magi a buddy!  :D

Finally got everything I wanted to out of the re-releases!  (And just in time too - there's a windstorm here and the power keeps flickering ^_^;;)

22 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Dead eggs don't count against the breed limit, do they?

Thankfully, they don't. I'm glad they don't, means people can't get their jollies for long. :lol:

21 minutes ago, e-sheep said:

Plus don't put your eggs in the "eggs around the world" hatchery. They seem to have a problem there. With more than 1000 users online, the eggs added to that site are currently bound to get sick within no time. That problem has already been discussed in the what is your current bad luck thread and in the I'm being viewbombed thread. Apparently, no solution has been found yet. :/

Solid advice!

I usually use EATW, but wait until eggs are within 12hrs or so of being able to hatch before adding them during busy times. I rather stupidly incubated mine before going to sleep, assuming there would be enough excitement over being able to catch past holidays that my scroll wouldn't be added to a hatchery. I assumed wrong. Lesson learnt the hard way. Round 2, I'm a little less naive so I've only lost a day of the season.

20 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

still sucks when it happens though, sorry for your losses =( i am sure you can re-catch them and will keep my fingers crossed for you

It does, never had this happen to me so it's kinda amusing that someone takes the time out of their day to do that, but I also find it tragic because I wonder if they did it due to being unable to catch them. If anyone has trouble catching them, there's literally a a heap of people here who are willing to gift eggs they caught. I had an awesome person PM me, offering to gift me some replacements that they caught if I wanted them (thank you!); that had more of an impact to me than finding out someone had added my scroll to a hatchery. What a rollercoaster of emotions that was. :lol:

I appreciate it, the sympathy and the vote of confidence, I've already caught four of the eight. The Hollies and Yules will be a little more difficult but with a fair number of people already having obtained their 2, it shouldn't be impossible. All the best to you as well for this season!

Edited by Omen

Trying for 2 Hollies ( I'm gonna die ), 2 Yulebucks, and 2 Snow Angels.

I've only seen a single Snow Angel egg so far. I know the Holly will be the hardest to get, but I have hope!

How many people have managed to grab a CB Holly already?

Still chasing a CB Holly over here. If I can get that one, i'll be so happy for it. 

I've gotten CB's of every other Holiday dragon besides the Holly, since I joined after when they and the Pumpkins released (got my CB Pumpkin this year, though), so I hope I get my Christmas wish with it and the new Dragons this year.

1 minute ago, TheDarkLatias said:

How many people have managed to grab a CB Holly already?

I've managed to grab 3 so far, one last night and two a few hours ago

I'm scREAMING I just caught a holly and i'm sobbign ugh LATE BDAY PRESENT FOR ME <3

^^ seems like a fluke bc I got nothing from that 45 drop XD 

Edited by Earth Gurl

Congrats! I'm still chasing my one CB Holly. Once I get it, I'm done with going for CB's until the new ones are released.

I managed to grab one earlier. Hoping for a second but doubt it will be today. I did manage to get two CB Yulebucks (my favourite December holiday dragon) and two Aegis (which I missed when they were released), so even if I don't get a second Holly I will be happy with the one I have. 

38 minutes ago, Omen said:

Wow, someone added my scroll to a hatchery which killed all of my eggs. Had enough stuff on my plate to deal with lately and this is the icing on the cake.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hid all of my CB holiday eggs as soon as I caught them and also removed the link to my scroll. It sounds paranoid, but people can be cruel for no particular reason. :dry:

4 minutes ago, Eos said:

I'm sorry that happened to you. I hid all of my CB holiday eggs as soon as I caught them and also removed the link to my scroll. It sounds paranoid, but people can be cruel for no particular reason. :dry:

Thank you! I've already re-caught 6 of the 8 that were killed, the other 2 hopefully won't take long. Given my recent experience, I'd say it's definitely not paranoid to use measures to completely avoid the small chance of someone being mean.

Maybe some people are just mad that people are catching the Hollies that might already have CB Hollies and want them for themselves thinking that if they can't have them that no one can.

It's a pity there isn't a way to track those who do this sort of spiteful stunt. If they thought their scroll could be burned in punishment they would soon think twice about it.