TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

5 minutes ago, WWECornSerpent said:

Finally had a chance to do some hunting and not having much luck in the cave, but tried the AP.  I have found a problem...it won't let me pick up a CB Ribbondancer from the AP because it says I already have 2 of that breed.  Problem is, I do not have any CB Ribbondancers as I started playing after their release.  Since I do have bred Ribbondancers, could that be the issue?  I hope I can still get them from the cave.  Has anyone else been able to grab a CB that was dropped in the AP?

Other people have had same problem as you, but they can pick up CBs from the cave biome without a problem.

And thanks a lot to whoever put my bred AP catches on all the hatcheries! I was being careful not to put them anywhere, yet, and came back from being out for a couple of hours to find them with way more views than I would want them to have at this age and two of them are sick. Be careful, folks, and keep an eye on your eggs. Mine are hidden now.

Damn, those Hollies are impossible to catch!!

But I'm glad we've got the chance. Although I do hope the ratio will adjust itself, since the Cave will be increasingly blocked by the dragons from the last years which most people already have. I hope more Hollies will drop along the way.

8 minutes ago, frozenboundary said:

Hollies are impossible to get :/

It is proving difficult ... I'm having flashbacks to 2010-ish when even bred hollies were nearly impossible. XD I prefer this though!

2 hours ago, PointOfOrigin said:

Hopefully prices for 2nd gen Hollies, even female ones, will fall down after this year.

And I just realized, that this and this is gonna need a mate. For a 2nd gen Holly, I can probably find a mate. But for the white X Holly fourth gen checker? Maybe I can do an inbreed one *shrugs*

Also, probably gonna have to give up on continuing my STD x Holly line farther from 3rd gen.

Heck, if I can get two Hollies this year, I'd be happy to help you with the checker next year. I mostly just play for fun these days, so I'm usually open to breeding requests, and I LOVE checkers. Just remind me. ^.^

I'm just trying to get two Yulebucks, but that's proving quite the challenge...

While it may be nice to have limits so people can't grab everything, it's also a bad thing =/ 2016 and 2015 dragons are sitting for a while, blocking all eggs behind them. And things haven't even been going for 24 hours. I'm really concerned that we are going to be seeing full biome blockage very soon, and then no one will be grabbing anything. 

Hopefully somehting will happen so we can see more older breeds and less newer ones!

I caught mine this morning after basically spam-clicking with links opening in a new tab. I used Chrome. That's what I would recommend for people having trouble.

I am confused on the advice to just Ctrl click an egg to open tabs, wouldn't that just open the same page for the same egg? I am confused to how that would help, could someone explain that to me please?

As for hunting, I just started about 2 hours ago and I've gotten some of the ones I've missed, but no Holly's, which is too be expected. Good luck to everyone in their hunting! 

Wow - people must have their fill of Snow Angels - I caught one! First thing all day!

Edited by quinney

4 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

I caught mine this morning after basically spam-clicking with links opening in a new tab. I used Chrome. That's what I would recommend for people having trouble.

How do you get it to do that without jumping you to the new tab?  I spend most of the drop going back to the original tab.  

3 minutes ago, FullMoonDreams said:

How do you get it to do that without jumping you to the new tab?  I spend most of the drop going back to the original tab.  

Are you maybe accidentally holding down shift too? Could the key be stuck? When I ctrl+shift+click I go to the new tab I opened.

That, or there might be some sort of browser setting you need to fiddle with.

You control +r and it should open a new tab. Anyway, due to another biome misclick, I can't hunt for the next three hours at least. Good luck, everyone. 

One day I will get a CB holly, but so far, today is not that day.

I have all CB holiday dragons except for hollies since I joined in 2008, I am tempted to wait till the 25th to get my hollies just so i can get the caught on Christmas day date, but seeing as how hollies are high on demand and the biome will probably stop moving by the 25th i might as well catch them right now instead :P

I just realized that i caught my yules on 28th XD

now the only thing that i"m bummed about is that while i'm happy that we are able to get past cb event dragons this greatly diminishes there trade value and rarity,

now my chances for getting a CB gold as a trade offer is little to none existent unless you are one of the lucky ones who won a raffle or offering a neglected or are a sprite artiest with a spriters alt dragon which is unfair :(

only rich people get richer XD

2 minutes ago, Ariento said:

Are you maybe accidentally holding down shift too? Could the key be stuck? When I ctrl+shift+click I go to the new tab I opened.

That, or there might be some sort of browser setting you need to fiddle with.

It shouldn't be stuck and it does it every time.  I couldn't see anything in the settings when I looked, but I am not very familiar with Chrome and the settings. I only switched from Firefox earlier this year. 

19 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

How do you do this and also refresh the page. I'm having trouble figuring out how this works let me live, do you have three hands?

57 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And thanks a lot to whoever put my bred AP catches on all the hatcheries! I was being careful not to put them anywhere, yet, and came back from being out for a couple of hours to find them with way more views than I would want them to have at this age and two of them are sick. Be careful, folks, and keep an eye on your eggs. Mine are hidden now.

I noticed egg sickness has suddenly increased. I had caught two eggs before the holiday start and they got sick and died even after I fogged them. 😭 I snagged 8 eggs last night in the AP, dropped them in a hatchery and they were sick by morning. They are hidden now.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

:( That sucks.  I hid my scroll very early on - last thing I want is for some charming person to help with my babies.  Even the commons - I don't want to lose my lovely word codes even if they are blocking me from hunting until tomorrow!

10 minutes ago, Kaini said:

How do you do this and also refresh the page. I'm having trouble figuring out how this works let me live, do you have three hands?

If you're good with your hands ;), you use 1 finger for control, one for r, and the other hand for clicking.

13 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Pinky on ctrl + index on r to refresh, click with other hand. :)

1 hour ago, Seahorse said:

Are people having more luck at hourly drops or 5min drops?

I caught everything at the 5 minute drops. The site was too slow at the hourly for me.

I've been having a little more luck on hourly drops but with less people hunting as time goes on I've managed to snag some holidays at 5 minutes.