TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

I am so happy for everyone that is catching the CBs they need!!

I woke up at 3am and had the fastest internet I've ever had.... I was so excited and thought, heck, I'll stay up and surely I can get a holly. But no luck, I guess my connection and old devices are just not up to the task. I'll keep trying! But sigh, I have to do adult things like work now....

Little confused. When I try to grab an egg it says I'm at my limit on one, but I have no eggs on my page...

^ You must have hit an egg of a Holiday CB you already have 2 of.

Edited by Nyxity

Well, I'm egglocked. Bummed that I couldn't catch any Hollies, but at least I've got my 2 Snow Angels. I really really really hope it'll be easier to catch Hollies later in the week.

The limit applies to the breed, not the stage of the dragon.

I'm going to wait to breed my hollies etc until the last day possible in order to spread the wealth.

I always breed my holidays on the holiday so they have that birthdate.

^ I tried doing that once. I was so busy I wasn't able to breed any. Doi... >_<

Well, hopefully the Cave will slow down a little around Thursday (things I never thought I'd wish for). I still need CBs - 2 Hollies, 2 Yulebucks, and 1 Ribbon Dancer.

If all goes to plan, once I get those I'll still have some time for breeding.

*sighs*

caught a Holly at the very beginning , but got the  limit notice before it was fixed and now my aging reflexes are not up to the challenge:(

I'm so thankful for the ability of red dragons. Being able to shave a day off the hatching time is such a marvelous gift in and of itself. I know it's been around for years, but to whomever helped make that miracle a thing, thank you. :wub:

Edited by Syiren

I saw the holiday biome and squealed. Then I realized I can't actually catch a pair of aegis to enrage.

/sadface

I'll try to snag a holly and yule with the rest and not worry about putting my breeding on hold at least.

Oh man, these holiday eggs are tough to get! I thought the limits would help but I had a much easier time at Halloween actually. I missed Holly, Yulebuck, Snow Angel, and Ribbon Dancer, so that's my goal... hopefully will be able to nab them as the week goes on :)

I have been hunting for 10 hours and still have yet to catch a cb yule or holly....those are the only ones I need

This is the best Christmas ever, thank you TJ! :D I'm so excited and already trying hard to find at least one Holly. Snow Angels and Yulebucks are what I'd like to find as well.

For those hunting. Bear in mind, you CAN'T misclick if you already own most of the CBs. Literally. There is no chance of locking yourself with the wrong egg if all you are short of is 3 older CBs or less.

So the fastest way to hunt is hold down command (on a mac-might be ctrl on a pc) and click on an egg slot as fast as you can. This causes any click to open in a new tab, which means you don't have to wait and go through the dialog text if you fail.

Got my second Yulebuck.

Now just the two Hollies. Have space for just one since I somehow managed to misclick while accidentally in the wrong biome. Yeah despite assurances that you can't misclick this numpty managed to find a way.

Chances are in 5 hours I will still be trying to get that first Holly anyway. If not I will drop the messy lineage Yulebuck I grabbed from the AP this morning to free up the slot.

14 minutes ago, Vhale said:

For those hunting. Bear in mind, you CAN'T misclick if you already own most of the CBs. Literally. There is no chance of locking yourself with the wrong egg if all you are short of is 3 older CBs or less.

So the fastest way to hunt is hold down command (on a mac-might be ctrl on a pc) and click on an egg slot as fast as you can. This causes any click to open in a new tab, which means you don't have to wait and go through the dialog text if you fail.

Thank you!! I forgot about this! Tried it at the 5-minute drop and got a Ribbon Dancer - yay! Will keep at it. 

15 minutes ago, Vhale said:

How can you still refresh if you hold down the ctrl key?

This is so tricky to balance with breeding and trading plans, though!  For now, I think I'm going to keep 1 each of the 4 breeds I need -- Holly, Yulebuck, Snow Angel, Ribbon Dancer -- and then use 3 slots for the bred eggs I'm receiving from trades, while keeping one slot open for breeding my own dragons (if someone makes a request, otherwise I'm waiting and will breed them on Christmas day) or for looking at AP eggs, at least for now.  Otherwise, I'll have a very boring time of it for two days! 

Not that I've caught a CB Holly... YET.  But I've got a Holly, Snow Angel, and Ribbon Dancer, so I'd like to think it's only a matter of time!  Seeing so many results here gives me hope!

Thank you, TJ and mods and spriters and everyone involved in making this holiday event!

8 minutes ago, 49ER said:

How can you still refresh if you hold down the ctrl key?

You use the shortcut to refresh. On the mac it's command r, the PC may be Ctrl r. So one hand on the keyboard holds down command with one finger, spams r (or whatever your shortcut is) with another finger and your other hand keeps clicking with the mouse. Takes a wee bit of coordination but you get used to it fast.

Edited by Vhale
tried to clarify

24 minutes ago, tjekan said:

So we can't actually influence CB holly or mistletoe eggs, right?

I had the same question - are the hollies going to be only male then?

Edited by snakehands

3 minutes ago, snakehands said:

I had the same question - are the hollies going to be only male then?

Looks like my hollies can't be influenced.