TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

So much looking forward to this, especially to the holiday biome! And maybe, maybe... another episode of Valkemarian Tales? :D

Can't wait, thank you, TJ! A lot!!! alot

Wooooo, I'm so excited!! Bring on the past Holidays, I gotta lot of catching up to do! I don't even mind getting Hollies, I'm not really fond of them so I don't have to stress about that. Hyped!

I'm sure the competition for Holly eggs will be insane, but like everyone else I shall certainly do my best to get my hands on some. It's been hard enough in previous years even to hunt down clean and relatively short lineaged ones, so the possibility of actually getting CBs is very exciting :D 

Edited by Nimrodel

Hey TJ, thank you for this awesome news. ^-^

I don´t care if I have caveborns or not so for me it will be no stress in the holiday biome. I´m so exited about the Holiday Event. I loved the last one very much so thank you for having a new one. :-)

Getting ready to camp out at the holiday biome with thousands others, hoping for the elusive CB Holly... :ph34r:

A special Holiday biome will be available during ....

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

YESSSS thanks so much TJ!!! :wub: Also happy the limits still apply. I am missing pairs of the 5 oldest breeds, plus one frozen Solstice. I look forward to the updated limit page... that'll help.  ;)

Whoo hoo new stuff!

I fear I'm going to miss most of the holiday event though. Hopefully I'll at least be able to grab the new eggs.

Very happy we get a holiday biome, was hoping that after Halloween^^ So here comes the chance on CB Hollys and Mistletoes, thank you for that!

Of the others I won't release my frozen 2nd-CB-babies, would be cool though if those that have them would be allowed a second adult. Or how about allowing a total of 3 for everyone? Just like it was done with the GoN, there I had not to worry about my frozen one^^

Edited by Kiwiana

Yay, all great news! Thanks for that, TJ. I could really use some good news right now :)

Looking forward to catching some Holiday CB's I don't have yet :)

Oh yay yay yay! I get a chance to get my missed past holidays! Thank you so much! I hope everyone's holidays are awesome this year!

Also glad the limits are still in place. Makes them a little more special.

Excited but so many questions XD

CB = Cave based? not cave born? 

Will CB hollies be able to be influenced?

Will CB solstices all be rosy winged or will it depend on time like blue ones?

CB mistletoes were all female but bred could be influenced. Will this change? 

4 hours ago, TJ09 said:

A special Holiday biome will be available during this same time period. In this biome, past holiday eggs will be available (similar to Halloween). Past limits on cave-based Holiday eggs still apply

Very disappointed it will apply to past breeds:/ I hope it's true just this year due to the first-time hype and the a-few-years-long loadout of users who missed some number of past holidays, and that it'll change next year either to no limits for past years breeds or to 2CBs each per year.

Otherwise, not later than in 2 years the holiday biome for the limited holidays will almost stop moving. Halloween Holiday biome was very slow in the middle of the first re-release despite of no limits except the total egg limit.

It's just no point to maintain the total limits for past breeds after 2017...

(I believe nearly all of those who express approval of the limits to the holiday biome either come from dislike of changes or just are afraid they wouldn't catch what they missed if there was no limit - while in the middle of the week the eggs are likely to be slow there even without limits - just like it was with halloweens. and that without limits, they would likely be gifted what they missed while with the limits they won't)

(not to mention such breeds like the Aegis... it's either 1 CB per adult sprite or 2 to 0...)

But thanks for providing info beforehand and not keeping everyone in the dark all the time, keep or even expand that approach, please.

40 minutes ago, AppleMango said:

Will CB hollies be able to be influenced?

Will CB solstices all be rosy winged or will it depend on time like blue ones?

CB mistletoes were all female but bred could be influenced. Will this change? 

I really hope they all will be influentable in their respective later-added tweaks.

Especially wouldn't make sense to prevent Hollies from being influenced since there are a few CB females already.

Edited by VixenDra

Oh, nice. :D I don't mind the limits staying, not at all. Let it stay this way, could give the christmas event something unique to set it apart from the other events.

Thanks for the info, TJ! *Joins the thousands camping in the holiday biome hoping for a chance at a CB Holly!* I honestly don't expect to be able to catch one, but even if I don't I will be happy. Having more CBs in the breeding stock can only be a good thing, right?

Edited by purplehaze

50 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Otherwise, not later than in 2 years the holiday biome for the limited holidays will almost stop moving. Halloween Holiday biome was very slow in the middle of the first re-release despite of no limits except the total egg limit.

I don't  think they'll keep doing holiday biome every year... It might be just one time for each... And maybe again in a few year.
However... Even if it's yearly, I don't think it will affect at all... Since it's just an extra.

Thanks so much for the rerelease of the Holiday Biome, finally a Chance to grab a CB Holly (well, probably won´t get one *laugh*), 2 Yulebucks, 2 Snowangels, 2 Ribbon Dancers, and to release my frozen Winter Magi and Wrapping Wing and to get 1 new CB of those =)

I´m also quite grateful for the 2 CB-per-Scroll Limit, and it should stay like this ^^

Bummed that the limits are staying in place, as I really don't believe they are necessary (or helpful), but ultimately that pales in light of the fact that I can finally get the CBs that I missed!  I have five breeds to catch.

I'm rather relieved that the 12 days of Christmas event will run after Christmas itself, as this week is promising to be quite hectic and many DC holiday events are highly involved.

Thanks in advance, TJ and event spriters and organizers! Looking forward to see what festivities you've got for us!

I'm relieved about both the limit AND the re-release, because that means I'll actually have a chance at catching what I'm missing XD

Finally!!  I was wondering if you would ever post the schedule for Christmas.  And it sounds like we might have another home builder on our hands!

3 hours ago, Imago said:

Thank you SO MUCH for keeping the CB limits in place. This will hopefully make people trade more lineaged holidays than on Halloween (and will also allow me to collect lineages instead of hunting for CBs only to meet my CB goals). Collecting nice holiday checkers is my favorite part of Dragon Cave by now and I was really bummed by the Halloween rerelease, because, as I feared, the market for lineaged Halloweens was significantly smaller than in previous years and trading was not so much fun anymore.

...though the Holly hunting will be... mad.

People who really like lineages will continue to make and trade them with or without CBs. I think after the initial rush of old breeds returning and people trying to meet previously unfillable quotas for themselves, things will be calmer next year. Personally I still hope the limit eventually raises precisely BECAUSE I like making lineages and gifting, and both are very hard to do with such a limited number of CBs.