TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

My first Holiday was the Solstice so I'm super excited for the holiday biome returning! Can't wait to catch all the pretties I missed. ^_^ Thank you so much TJ!

Most of us wanting a higher limit aren't asking for unlimited CB holidays - just a few more. And to finally fulfill my Holly dream, I'm seriously considering punting all lineage breeding in favor of moving the holiday biome 8 at a time, dropping every 5 hours until I snag 2 Hollys. So, I'm not sure keeping the limit in place is going to encourage continued lineage breeding this year. I'm thinking I'll get back to breeding new lines next year - and you know how much I like lineages, @Imago. ;) Best case scenario, my grab and drop plan works early in the season and I can work on lines in the later days.

An expanded limit of 3 would be nice, although 4 seems more symmetrical. I agree that having a limit of 4 Aegis would be much better - there's many more Cave users out there than appear on the forum, and most of them are unaware of the Enrage BSA on Aegis. They're the kind of user that drops in and out of the Cave and only visits the forum when they have a question. In fact, I'd be curious to know how many "living" Aegis are enraged - my bet would be under 20%. Getting mates for Enraged lines has been awful this year. And I would ask for the same expanded 4-limit if it turns out we can catch CB blue Solstices or male Mistletoes.

If there's an expanded limit next year, then we'll still have a lineage breeding shortage next year. I was kind of hoping to put all my CB needs to rest through this year's holiday seasons and get back to hardcore lineage work next year.

Edited by stardust13

3 minutes ago, stardust13 said:

Most of us wanting a higher limit aren't asking for unlimited CB holidays - just a few more. And to finally fulfill my Holly dream, I'm seriously considering punting all lineage breeding in favor of moving the holiday biome 8 at a time, dropping every 5 hours until I snag 2 Hollys. So, I'm not sure keeping the limit in place is going to encourage continued lineage breeding this year. I'm thinking I'll get back to breeding new lines next year - and you know how much I like lineages, @Imago. ;) Best case scenario, my grab and drop plan works early in the season and I can work on lines in the later days.

An expanded limit of 3 would be nice, although 4 seems more symmetrical. I agree that having a limit of 4 Aegis would be much better - there's many more Cave users out there than appear on the forum, and most of them are unaware of the Enrage BSA on Aegis. They're the kind of user that drops in and out of the Cave and only visits the forum when they have a question. In fact, I'd be curious to know how many "living" Aegis are enraged - my bet would be under 20%. Getting mates for Enraged lines has been awful this year. And I would ask for the same expanded 4-limit if it turns out we can catch blue Solstices or male Mistletoes.

If there's an expanded limit next year, then we'll still have a lineage breeding shortage next year. I was kind of hoping to put all my CB needs to rest through this year's holiday seasons and get back to hardcore lineage work next year.

Agreed.  I was hoping for raised limits mostly so that I could pick up two Aegides to enrage - both mine are peaceful and will remain so, but I'd love the option of breeding Enraged babies myself.  And I'd probably try to hoard them and Solstices!

On the Aegis I do agree. My 2 are also peaceful and will stay that way cause I like that sprite better. But it would be nice to have 2 that are enraged to breed offspring for gifting to others that need them. Seeing so many people wanting mates from enraged CBs...I thought about doing one of mine....but that would mean messing up my own lineages, so I decided against it.

So exited for Holiday Biome!  I somehow missed one CB Mistletoe, and I joined after the Hollies were released, so there are 3 I will be trying to nab. 

Ever since Halloween I was getting my hopes up for the chance of catching a CB Holly and now I am actually getting it, after years of staring longingly at other people's CB Hollys.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS A WEEK FROM NOW I ACTUALLY MIGHT HAVE A CB HOLLY OF MY OWN!!!

Oooh, so excited!!!

Just a shame i'll have to miss out a bit since I end school on the 22nd. :/

1 hour ago, stardust13 said:

An expanded limit of 3 would be nice, although 4 seems more symmetrical. I agree that having a limit of 4 Aegis would be much better - there's many more Cave users out there than appear on the forum, and most of them are unaware of the Enrage BSA on Aegis. They're the kind of user that drops in and out of the Cave and only visits the forum when they have a question. In fact, I'd be curious to know how many "living" Aegis are enraged - my bet would be under 20%. Getting mates for Enraged lines has been awful this year. And I would ask for the same expanded 4-limit if it turns out we can catch CB blue Solstices or male Mistletoes.

Honestly, I'm fine with the 2 CB limit this year, but I do hope that there is some degree of expansion in following years for precisely the reasons you mentioned; having only one CB of each Aegis sprite has killed my desire to do Aegis lines.

I'm excited that old holidays are coming back but I feel like the Holiday biome is going to be clogged up with newer holidays that no one can pick up for most of the time. Still, I am hopeful that I will be able to pick up a couple Yulebucks and maybe even a Holly.

11 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Honestly, I'm fine with the 2 CB limit this year, but I do hope that there is some degree of expansion in following years for precisely the reasons you mentioned; having only one CB of each Aegis sprite has killed my desire to do Aegis lines.

This is kinda the same for me too. I have my two currently pacified. Haven't bred them or really thought what I'm doing with them, cause if I enrage one, then I only have one pacified to work with.. or I could enrage both and have neither pacified. Just not sure what to do with them.
And having to get mates for those from the small pool of forum users who can be trusted to keep them either pacified or enraged is hard.

Yeah, the problem I foresee with this is that no one will be able to pick up any more Snows because 95% of players already have them, so the holiday biome is going to sit clogged with Snows most of the time, and nobody will ever have the chance to grab the hollies and yulebucks sitting behind them. It's the holiday season, so most people aren't going to have the time to refresh the screen every five-minute drop.

It would have been better if people could pick up a limit of two new CBs of each breed THIS year. That would keep the newer breeds moving along. I'm really not worried about the few players old enough to already have CB hollies and yulebucks taking two more of each. It's more of a problem that no one will be able to move the Snows.

But we'll see if it works. It's certainly better than no past holiday drop.

Maybe I just have too much faith in TJ (woah what?) but I'd think that would've been taken into account... Like, staggering the ratios of which CB breeds are dropped, so that the newer ones don't totally clog the biome 90% of the time. I'd hope it was taken into account, at least. Guess we'll see soon!

thank you so much TJ !!! Yay i can finally grab the missing CB holiday ones i'm missing!! Funny thing is that I'll need to lock myself with those (thank TJ again for the 8th slot) I'm missing 4..Holly , winter magi , snowangel and yulebuck so glad i'll hopefully be able to grab them at last

Question: If you already have a bunch of non-CB Hollies from past drops...

Can you still get 2 CB Hollies from this year?

I don't care if I have to release the Hollies I do have, as getting 2 CB's is far better than having... 6 non-CB's.

I just want to know beforehand so I can prepare! c:

1 minute ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Question: If you already have a bunch of non-CB Hollies from past drops...

Can you still get 2 CB Hollies from this year?

I don't care if I have to release the Hollies I do have, as getting 2 CB's is far better than having... 6 non-CB's.

I just want to know beforehand so I can prepare! c:

Yes, if you have non-cb hollies, you can still catch your two without releasing the ones you already own.

14 minutes ago, tjekan said:

It would have been better if people could pick up a limit of two new CBs of each breed THIS year. That would keep the newer breeds moving along. I'm really not worried about the few players old enough to already have CB hollies and yulebucks taking two more of each. It's more of a problem that no one will be able to move the Snows.

But we'll see if it works. It's certainly better than no past holiday drop.

That's kinda what I expect to happen too. Maybe not this year, but definitely next year- I really hope next year limits will be raised.

I can get Snows cause mine died last year due to not being able to get on.. but probably not many will.

26 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Yeah, the problem I foresee with this is that no one will be able to pick up any more Snows because 95% of players already have them, so the holiday biome is going to sit clogged with Snows most of the time, and nobody will ever have the chance to grab the hollies and yulebucks sitting behind them. It's the holiday season, so most people aren't going to have the time to refresh the screen every five-minute drop.

Precisely my concern. I was on hiatus last year and lost my Snows, so I'll be picking those up, but I certainly hope the existing CBs were taken into account in determining the ratios for the Holiday biome.

I was going to go to our church's Candlelight service only to find out it is on a Sunday and the buses don't run that day:(  Sooooo may take a raincheck this year and also too I don't want to miss my program The Curse of Oak Island at 10:00.   Won't make the same mistake as I did with the Halloween ones.  Will be here at Midnight waiting impatiently to grab my 2 xmas draggies. Going nowhere for Xmas but my own apartment.  Is there also like a holiday contest too? I think there is. I got lots of Holly Draggies.  None are CB but hey I rather have a 2nd or 3rd generation one than end up with none at all :D

If anybody needs any yulebuck dragons I will be breeding mine and tossing them up for grabs. I don't need any myself, Got lots.  Your draggie would probably be a son of a cb draggie or 3rd gen, or 4th with mine.