TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

1 minute ago, Condorflight said:

I don't think so Phoenix. I would imagine it is 2 grown/frozen currently on your scroll. Though, honestly, I have no idea.

I think you are right, but, just want to be sure. I know I found out, what, last year? Year before..? in the past couple of years lol, that, if you catch a CB and then abandon it, it does not count toward your slot so. I figure this is basically the same concept but yeah. Never know!

@TJ09 What about those of us who have frozen CB hatchlings from back when the Breed Limit was only two ever? Are we stuck choosing between releasing our frozens or not being able to get a second adult?

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I'm expecting, actually, that the biome will hardly move cause of the limit. If the limit is kept next year, that'll be certainly so. Might be quite slow to reveal CB Hollies if so.

That may be true towards the end of the event, definitely. But there are tons and tons of newer users who don't have any CBs at all of the older holidays, and I've seen multiple people posting here on the forums about missing out on past holidays even if they were playing then. I'm sure there will be plenty of people picking up those CBs at least for the first day or two.

I can't decide if I like this new trend of the event starting on Christmas and going 12 days, or if I preferred the old week-before-Christmas way.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

@TJ09 What about those of us who have frozen CB hatchlings from back when the Breed Limit was only two ever? Are we stuck choosing between releasing our frozens or not being able to get a second adult?

I'm not TJ but yes, you are limited to 2 CBs regardless from their development stage, so you have to release the frozens if you want adults. At least that's what I remember happening in previous years.

@Orchi'dea I ask cause I want to know if he even thought about how it would affect some of us. I really don't want to get rid of something I'm attached to. Probably too much to hope for, but a one-time unfreeze would be nice,.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

I'm just hoping that releasing the frozens *will* give you back the slots. I'm nervous about that. Don't want to release one and then not be able to replace it!

Out of curiosity, is the breed limit's page supposed to be showing holidays right now? Cause that's what I inferred, but it only shows the GoN and my Leetle Tree right now.

Yesss past CB's so happy thank you T^T

Thank you for keeping limits! I probably will be too slow to catch hollies this year, but at least I'll have a better chance at Yulebucks and my second snow angel.

I'm excited for the Holiday Biome reappearing, gonna get so many CB Christmas dragons!! Along with everyone else, I'm especially looking for Hollies but I'm missing so many I won't be too sad if I don't get them. I'll only cry a little I promise.

I'm totally excited to hear about the Holiday biome, can't wait to get the holidays I missed. Also happy to see that the scroll limits are left in place, this will make it easier to catch these pretty dragons. 

I will hold judgement on the holiday event being for 12 during and after Christmas. I liked it fine when it was the seven days before, and cannot recall what I thought of last year's Christmas event. Hopefully it will be a fun one.

Aww yes! I can't wait to get this party started!   *Does noddle arms while dancing like an idiot.*

Thank you so, so much for bringing back Christmas CBs, TJ; I know many, if not all, of us Cavers appreciate this more than we can express in words.  <3

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all! ^-^ Let's make it a good one! :D

Happy Holidays and Thank you so much, TJ for the chance to get a CB Holly. :)  This is going to be another wonderful DC event.

Yay! I'm so excited! Great Holiday news and can't wait holiday biome :D

Yayyyy!! Thanky TJ! 
I'm also happy there will be limits still. That way I can catch what I need easily. :D 

The holiday biome!

Oh wow, thank you TJ!

I play this game since 2009 and have missed many of the event dragons, so I'm really happy about the chance to get some of the old ones as CBs.

Don't even dream about the Holly, but there are plenty of other breeds I'ved missed.

Can't wait for this to begin. <3

Cheers

Seriva

Thank you SO MUCH for keeping the CB limits in place. This will hopefully make people trade more lineaged holidays than on Halloween (and will also allow me to collect lineages instead of hunting for CBs only to meet my CB goals). Collecting nice holiday checkers is my favorite part of Dragon Cave by now and I was really bummed by the Halloween rerelease, because, as I feared, the market for lineaged Halloweens was significantly smaller than in previous years and trading was not so much fun anymore.

...though the Holly hunting will be... mad.