TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Oh heck! I had another question, actually...

Since Mistletoe dragons only had their second gender added their second year...

Is it not possible to have CB male Mistletoe's if you already have the 2 CB females? D:

I can't believe I didn't see this news til now!:rolleyes:

alot of my questions were answered, so I'm glad about that.  I know I, myself was hoping for unlimited holiday dragons.  But I understand the limits, it's good in the long-run.  (Just imagine the insanity of some player out there acquiring 50 Hollies!) 😆

I'm very excited about grabbing all the dragons I missed from 2007-12😱😝

That's Hollies, Yulebucks, SnowAngels, RibbonDancer, and (my personal fav) Wrapping Wings!🎄🎅🎁❄️

Very excited! I’m hoping most to snag at least one CB holly, snow angel, and wrapping-wing. Lineage building isn’t for me, so I’m glad for the return of CBs. Also interested in the 12-day event—Valkemarian Tales, perhaps? I absolutely love the world building from previous years, and it’s safe to say that the RPG is my favorite holiday event. 

26 minutes ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Oh heck! I had another question, actually...

Since Mistletoe dragons only had their second gender added their second year...

Is it not possible to have CB male Mistletoe's if you already have the 2 CB females? D:

That's a good question, I don't actually know the answer to myself.. but reminds me of one I also had.

What about Blue-Wing Solstices? Originally they were all gonna be changed to that, but people were unhappy so they made it only ones obtained during a certain time.. but that only ended up happening with the bred ones. Might stay that way, but would be interesting if possible for CBs in the future.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

That's a good question, I don't actually know the answer to myself.. but reminds me of one I also had.

What about Blue-Wing Solstices? Originally they were all gonna be changed to that, but people were unhappy so they made it only ones obtained during a certain time.. but that only ended up happening with the bred ones. Might stay that way, but would be interesting if possible for CBs in the future.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about the Blue-Wing Solstices...

I'd love to have CB's of those tbh. I know they're sorta plain, but I'm a completionist c:

I believe both male Mistletoes and blue-winged Solstice won't be available as CB due to them being "bred only" variants (if that makes sense). But don't quote me on it, spriters and/or TJ will need to confirm this.

CB Aegis!!

I go on a trip from the 25th to the 27th, though. Oh dear...

5 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Never mind the Holly's artwork is dated and needs some work, in my opinion.

What? They got their art redone not that long ago. What about it is "dated"? Honestly don't see what you mean.

But its awesome that people will get a crack at holidays from the past they missed. :D

Just now, adrak said:

What? They got their art redone not that long ago. What about it is "dated"? Honestly don't see what you mean.

But its awesome that people will get a crack at holidays from the past they missed. :D

It wasn't redone. It was reshaded a bit. Most of the anatomy flaws remain. Case in point, that left wing.

7 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

It wasn't redone. It was reshaded a bit. Most of the anatomy flaws remain. Case in point, that left wing.

Its not a reshade, though? It is a redone sprite. Sure the spriter stayed very true to the pose and all, but it is clearly not a "reshade"?

Edited by adrak
broken images

A completely different person sprited the new Holly as opposed to who sprited the old one, so I'd certainly count that as a "new" sprite, despite them looking very similar. There are indeed differences besides just shading, like the curve of the neck for instance.

2 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

A completely different person sprited the new Holly as opposed to who sprited the old one, so I'd certainly count that as a "new" sprite, despite them looking very similar. There are indeed differences besides just shading, like the curve of the neck for instance.

It's based on the old sprite. Most of the pixels are placed in the same places as the original. Some of it was tweaked, but it's absolutely not a new sprite. I could do that, and I did make my own version of the sprite. It's not a new sprite unless it's from scratch.
All Birdz did was alter the original.

Well I guess that's where opinions different. To me it's totally a "new sprite" since a new spriter... sprited it over again. There are enough tiny differences in the actual sprite, like the neck, the width of the horns, and very slight differences on the green part of the end of the tail, that I'd count is as "new". It's certainly not simply recolored or reshaded, and I guess I just don't need the entire sprite to be rehauled in order to see it as "new".

I've made notes about which breeds I need to concentrate on this season, I have a fairly good plan, but I know I hardly ever actually stick to my holiday plans, so... Meh.

37 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

CB Aegis!!

I go on a trip from the 25th to the 27th, though. Oh dear...

Will you have mobile access? I've caught a few holidays through there during holidays. Also, there should be an AP flood at some point of the new dragons. 

Edit: Regarding blue CB solstices, as per Odeen that was not what was intended. Since rosy wings were chosen to be CB, blue would be bred only. (Unless @TJ09changes it, of course. But that will have to be confirmed by him.) I also remember the mistletoes being mentioned as females only, but I don't remember what thread that was in. 

Edited by Jazeki

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that I won't have to worry about misclicks, because of the limit on the holiday eggs. That's going to make it so different from my normal cave-catching strategy...

HYPE!!! I was so hoping the Holiday biome would make a come back!

It would be really cool if CB male mistletoes and blue solstices were also a thing this time around, since the mechanic is already in place (not that I'm abandoning the ones I already have to find out). Kind of dreading to see the rush for the Hollies though even with the limit still in place haha

Thanks for the re-release once again! I have all past Christmas CBs except for CB Hollies, so I'm looking forward to finally collecting those, if I can be quick enough to catch 'em! XD I'm glad to hear the 2-per-breed limits will still be in place, however.

Also very curious about the prospect of CB male Mistletoes and CB blue winged Solstices. Though I'd have to release one of each of my original year CBs of those breeds to get those, and that might be a hard decision to make... Hmm.

Happy Holidays everyone~

We will be able to breed our past holiday dragons until the end of the 25th, right?

Haha! With skilled use of incubate, good luck in catching, and No Glitches, I may be able to fully catch up on my missed dragons! *is excited*

I'm so thrilled to again have the chance to collect pre-2013 CB holidays!  The past couple of years, I never kept 2G's of those that I caught from the AP, since I couldn't continue the lineage (I couldn't breed a mate myself, and trying to find a breeder was too time-consuming - especially for snow angels that matched my scroll).  It would be cool if one day the limit was raised (I'd love to have two each of both the pacified and enraged aegis, for instance).  But this is certainly a fantastic change!

I'm going to have to look up the egg descriptions for them so I know what's what. :P

edit: see, I have to keep this aegis permanently enraged because he's always roaring: https://dragcave.net/lineage/RIAWW

Edited by Cielmuir