TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

2 hours ago, AppleMango said:

Excited but so many questions XD

CB = Cave based? not cave born? 

Will CB hollies be able to be influenced?

Will CB solstices all be rosy winged or will it depend on time like blue ones?

CB mistletoes were all female but bred could be influenced. Will this change? 

I'm really curious about this too. Honestly for simplicity's sake, and with limits staying in place for now, I'd rather everything follow the rules they did when originally released. I want to grab pretties without fussing over whether I want to be able to make 3G checkers or a 2g of each gender or sprite combo... Aegises all over again, that wasn't fun >___<

2 hours ago, AppleMango said:

Excited but so many questions XD

CB = Cave based? not cave born? 

It probably means they all say 'cave' instead of a specific biome, like the Halloweens do.

Edit: I'll be pretty bummed if people get blue solstices or male mistletoes, but I know it wasn't the spriter's intention and I'm not about to release my babes to make up for it.

Edited by Jazeki

Hopefully Solstices will all be rosy-winged, because I couldn't resist releasing mine and pick up blue-winged ones - and my two CBs have plenty of children already who would then have nameless parents XD

Yessss, the Holiday Biome! Now I can get those 18 CBs I need. :mellow: And I'll want them as Zs so "Ho, boy..."

But... CB Hollys?! I hope no one paid an arm and a leg for a 2G this year. Though I know some of you did... :blink:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I am glad the limits are in place. Getting CB Hollys ((and Yule Bucks for me)) Is going to be very hard as is. The limits will make it a lot easier IMO.

WB

Hyyyype. This is sweet. Think I'm most excited for CB Aegises, I was so mad when I missed those.

lol If I try and catch 2x of each holiday I missed, I'd have to get 16 eggs...think I'm gonna make furthering lineages my priority for the time being!

Thanks TJ for the update!

Happy breeding/catching of CBs tonight everyone (or whatever time zone it will be for you)!

Thank you TJ! =)

I'm glad for the limits and more so.. the re-release of old christmas dragons. I hope I can catch what I need (want), 2 holly and 1 ribbon.

Happy hunting everyone!

Thanks for the info TJ.

I too am glad for the original limits on the re-release of old Christmas dragons.  I would love to catch 2 Holly as those are the only ones I am missing...but I will live if I never get them.

7 hours ago, TJ09 said:

A special Holiday biome will be available during this same time period. In this biome, past holiday eggs will be available (similar to Halloween).

I literally started to cry when I read this. Thank you so much <3

I think the hardest thing here is going to be keeping the Holiday biome moving -- if most people can't take certain eggs (I imagine that most players have the holidays from the last few years)… Anyway, I need 2 hollies, 2 yulebucks and 1 snow angel…

@TJ09It appears to me that the breed limit page has a problem -- mine only mentions Guardians of Nature and Leetle Trees actually having limits.

The limits still being in place is probably a good thing for this year, with the re-release of CBs. But I hope they're eventually raised in the future. But I'll also say that I'm kinda ticked off that we can't have 4 Aegis' simply because they have two forms. I want 2 Pacified and 2 Enraged. It's making me go crazy thinking about what I want mine to be (permanently). :(

Hmm. Can't decide if I should release my CV frozens or not. Don't suppose it's too important right now for the one-gendered breeds...

This is going to be exciting, Caveborn Holly dragons? All my YES. I can't wait!

Also, Yulebuck! Another Snow Angel! Another Ribbon Dancer! XD

An attempt for an Holly will be made but  I wont be upset if I am not successful, good luck everyone and have a great Christmas.

I am happy the limit is still there, otherwise I would be going crazy like at Halloween trying to get enough pairs of everything I missed :)

I'm thrilled. And I'm cool with the limits too. That means I can click with wild abandon and not worry about misclicks lol.

I'm missing so many breeds...Hollies, Yulebucks, Snow Angels, Wrapping Wings, Winter Magis, Ribbon Dancers, Mistletoes, Solstices. Will I even have enough space? XD

So excited for this opportunity, even if my chance af a CB Holly is slim.

Glad I already got the Christmas shopping done, because I know where I will be lurking for the rest of the week - starting tomorrow. *grin*

Thank you for bringing back CB Holiday dragons with the breed limits! I only have one CB of certain breeds, and of course have no CB Hollies. I heard that they were one-per-scroll when they were added instead of two, so I wonder which limit will be imposed? Probably two, but one might make things a little fairer. I also wonder if all CB Hollies will be male? Or will they be influence-able?

Edited by WatersMoon110

I am a little confused about the re-release of the CB holiday eggs.

So for example, I don't have any CB Hollies, but I do have 8 Hollies, the lowest of which is 5th gen. Would I need to release any of these bred Hollies in order to catch two CBs? Or can I go ahead and catch the CBs, and will only be limited to two from the cave?

Sorry if its a dumb question...

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

People who really like lineages will continue to make and trade them with or without CBs. I think after the initial rush of old breeds returning and people trying to meet previously unfillable quotas for themselves, things will be calmer next year. Personally I still hope the limit eventually raises precisely BECAUSE I like making lineages and gifting, and both are very hard to do with such a limited number of CBs. 

I'm sceptical. I think (many/most) people originally started collecting pretty holiday lineages because they couldn't collect CBs, so they had to resort to the next pretty thing. Of course, there are and will always be people who still collect and trade lineages despite the availability of caveborns, but looking at non-holiday breeds, the number is rather low and the overwhelming majority of activity in the trading forums concerns caveborns or low-gen eggs from breeds which are not or hardly obtainable as CBs (i.e. Prizes and Metallics). I fear that this will also be the case for Halloweens from now on, and at least on this year's Halloween, there were MUCH fewer people trading for lineages. Of course, this may have been because it was the first year of rereleases (I also collected some CBs of course), and I would very much like to be proven wrong.

Anyway, I like that people cannot just fill all their slots with CBs, but that the lineages will also necessarily get some attention (because who would want empty egg slots on their scroll?). Also Hollies. Without limits, this would be pure madness, and I have been afraid of it ever since Halloween. X)

2 minutes ago, Imago said:

Anyway, I like that people cannot just fill all their slots with CBs

I can! I am missing exactly 8 CBs XD 2 Hollies, 2 Yulebucks, 1 of each Snow Angel, Ribbon Dancer, Winter Magi and Wrapping Wing.

The rest of the time, I'll be able to focus on lineages, despite my unpreparedness this year (too much real-life interferences).