TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

count me as another who is super excited about the holiday biome and very happy the breed limits are in place! (also super bummed about how many people are complaining... but i guess that's the dc way.) we don't know how the biomes are going to move yet, or what mechanisms are in place for them, so for now i'm just going to be excited.

anyhow, all i've wanted for the longest time are cb yulebucks of my own -- i love that sprite so much and am delighted at the chance of being able to make lineages with them. :D

3 minutes ago, Imago said:

I'm sceptical. I think (many/most) people originally started collecting pretty holiday lineages because they couldn't collect CBs, so they had to resort to the next pretty thing. Of course, there are and will always be people who still collect and trade lineages despite the availability of caveborns, but looking at non-holiday breeds, the number is rather low and the overwhelming majority of activity in the trading forums concerns caveborns or low-gen eggs from breeds which are not or hardly obtainable as CBs (i.e. Prizes and Metallics). I fear that this will also be the case for Halloweens from now on, and at least on this year's Halloween, there were MUCH fewer people trading for lineages. Of course, this may have been because it was the first year of rereleases (I also collected some CBs of course), and I would very much like to be proven wrong.

Anyway, I like that people cannot just fill all their slots with CBs, but that the lineages will also necessarily get some attention (because who would want empty egg slots on their scroll?). Also Hollies. Without limits, this would be pure madness, and I have been afraid of it ever since Halloween. X)

It's true that lineages don't trade well, but that's always been the case. That's why so many nice lineage swapping threads exist, so we can find other lineage lovers and avoid the trading chaos. XD It makes sense when you think about it, though: what are the odds that among the thousands of lineage possibilities someone is offering one you really want? CBs are much more specific and easy to find.

You have a point about Hollies--but I hope limits might be raised next year, when the first rush is over. Hollies will be much less exciting then.

4 hours ago, AppleMango said:

Excited but so many questions XD

CB = Cave based? not cave born? 

Will CB hollies be able to be influenced?

Will CB solstices all be rosy winged or will it depend on time like blue ones?

CB mistletoes were all female but bred could be influenced. Will this change? 

I'm wondering too. Personally, I hope that nothing changes. CB male Mistletoes and blue-winged Solstices will over complicate things. 

15 minutes ago, Twimm said:

I am a little confused about the re-release of the CB holiday eggs.

So for example, I don't have any CB Hollies, but I do have 8 Hollies, the lowest of which is 5th gen. Would I need to release any of these bred Hollies in order to catch two CBs? Or can I go ahead and catch the CBs, and will only be limited to two from the cave?

Sorry if its a dumb question...

You can go ahead and catch your CB hollies without releasing any of your lineaged ones. :3

13 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

It's true that lineages don't trade well, but that's always been the case. That's why so many nice lineage swapping threads exist, so we can find other lineage lovers and avoid the trading chaos. XD It makes sense when you think about it, though: what are the odds that among the thousands of lineage possibilities someone is offering one you really want? CBs are much more specific and easy to find.

Well, on holidays, lineages usually do trade well (2nd gens and checkers from pretty pairing and/or nicely named parents, that is), and that's what I like about it. You can post your 2nd gen something and get multiple offers on it. You can browse the trading threads and see many different beautiful lineages offered, pairings that you didn't think about yourself. I have been trading so many lineaged holiday dragons back and forth during past holidays, not only specific ones, but also ones that I caught and thought someone might like, ones that I got offered and liked, even though I didn't look for them, ones I saw in the thread and spontaneously fell in love with. You don't have that outside of holidays, because the market is just so small and nobody just goes out to set a nice checker up for trade, because chances are just too low that someone will offer on it. That's what I love about the DC holidays and I don't want to lose it. It also helps that you cannot breed everything for yourself, just because you don't have enough (or any) caveborns to do it. (But of course that comes from someone who does have at least one CB of everything anyway. ^^")

14 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I can! I am missing exactly 8 CBs XD 2 Hollies, 2 Yulebucks, 1 of each Snow Angel, Ribbon Dancer, Winter Magi and Wrapping Wing.

"All their egg slots" meaning "all their egg slots over the course of the breeding period". :P

Edited by Imago

@Twimm

You will be able to get 2 CB Hollys and keep your lineaged Hollys. The limit only aplies to CB Christmas eggs/dragons.

WOOT to the Christmas Biome and the limits staying for this year...I can finally get my 2 CB Hollys, only Holiday I am missing.

Merry Christmas everyone and good hunting to all!   Tis' the season to get a Holly. Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la

*hugs* Zylara

Just woke up feeling fairly sick, and reading everyone's excitement totally perked me up, so thanks everyone!

I'm going to assume I won't be able to catch a CB Holly, but then again I assumed that about CB Pumpkins and I got those alright, so who knows. I'll definitely be trying, at least a couple times, but only because I'd *love* to trade a CB Holly for a messy-lineaged Yulebuck or Aegis. Spread the love!

I'd really really like a confirmation about releasing frozen CBs, though. I'd love to release my frozen CB Yulebuck (and a few others) and get a 2nd CB adult, but I don't want to release anything unless I'm sure that will actually free up a CB-slot. I know in the past there have been issues with limited-slot breeds where released (or was it dead?) dragons still counted for awhile. @TJ09, any clarification would be very appreciated!

10 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

You can go ahead and catch your CB hollies without releasing any of your lineaged ones. :3

Wayyy back when I started playing I was dumb and froze some of my Holiday CB hatchlings. I would have to release those CB hatchlings to catch a CB adult this year, correct?

@Twimm: Yes you will have to release CB frozens to replace them with new ones.

If anyone is afraid to release frozens,,,then just wait till the limit page shows Xmas limits tonight and then test releaseing 1 and it should show you have one less CB of that type.

Also to the people who asked about replaceing a CB Holiday that died last year, yes you can replace it this year, Since it has been a year since that CB died it will no longer be counting again your limits for that Holiday. This also will show up tonight when the Christmas limit page starts showing again.

Edited by Zylara

ummm... are the Ribbon Dancers glitching for anyone else? The images of the adults don't show up on my scroll, and when I try to go to their page it says the page doesn't exist. Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: It also looks like I can't see the sprite for other people's Ribbon Dancers when I click on them through lineages. The dragon's info shows up, but no adult sprite appears.

Edited by Twimm
more info

@Twimm: Yes it is doing the same for me. None of my RibbonDancers show up, CB or lineaged. I can go to the actions page, but image doesnt show up anywhere for me. I can see them in the lineage view.

Turn off your ad blockers and you should be able to see the Ribbon Dancers just fine.

Oh thank goodness. I was in a black hole of internet access one year (my grandma's house) and I missed Wrapping Wings. Glad to know I can finally get those and hopefully some hollies as well!

When Valentine's comes I'm gonna release the cb Arsani I stupidly froze. I regretted it the instant I did it and still do to this day. Also grab a second cb Valentine 09 since at the time I could only grab one and assumed they'd be available the next year too XD I missed a second cb vampire this Halloween because I forgot to try for one but hopefully TJ will keep these biomes.

After all, it makes sense in lore that cb holidays would be available given wild holidays still breed.

3 minutes ago, zaverxi said:

I missed a second cb vampire this Halloween because I forgot to try for one but hopefully TJ will keep these biomes.

Vampires don't appear in the biomes, as far as I saw -- you just have to bite a caveborn egg to get a caveborn vamp.

Just now, mpolo said:

Vampires don't appear in the biomes, as far as I saw -- you just have to bite a caveborn egg to get a caveborn vamp.

Interesting. They did drop in cave in 2008, so I don't see why they wouldn't in the biome. I have a CB vampire that I got from the cave, it was never bitten. It even has a 'last bred' date XD

3 minutes ago, zaverxi said:

Interesting. They did drop in cave in 2008, so I don't see why they wouldn't in the biome. I have a CB vampire that I got from the cave, it was never bitten. It even has a 'last bred' date XD

A lot of people were asking about that during Halloween, but I guess TJ decided that it was good enough that CB eggs could be bitten and did not rerelease OG Vampires this year. I think a suggestion may have been made for that to happen next year?

5 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

A lot of people were asking about that during Halloween, but I guess TJ decided that it was good enough that CB eggs could be bitten and did not rerelease OG Vampires this year. I think a suggestion may have been made for that to happen next year?

I'm fine with this actually. I've gotten lots of great stuff in trade for a CB egg being bitten by my OG Vampire XD my only regret is that bsas didn't exist back then and my only vampire turned female. The males looked so much cooler.

Edited by zaverxi

2008 was when Vampires were released.  There was no other way to get them except for finding them in the cave - biomes didn't even exist then.  Good times - when they hatched everyone thought something was wrong because their hatchlings were "dead"!

I have mixed feelings on CB limits remaining in play.  Unless there are multiple rows or a way to move undesired eggs, I can see newer breeds clogging the biome since many users may have CBs of those already.  For example, I only need 1 Yulebuck and 2 Hollies, so I won't be able to help move the biome along very well. 

For Halloween, it did move well because there were no limits.  However, knowing TJ he may have a plan already to deal with this.  We'll see what happens!

4 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

I have mixed feelings on CB limits remaining in play.  Unless there are multiple rows or a way to move undesired eggs, I can see newer breeds clogging the biome since many users may have CBs of those already.  For example, I only need 1 Yulebuck and 2 Hollies, so I won't be able to help move the biome along very well. 

For Halloween, it did move well because there were no limits.  However, knowing TJ he may have a plan already to deal with this.  We'll see what happens!

This is how I feel, as well as a little sad I can't get more Aegises to have two of each sprite.

Wouldn't new breeds not clog the biome too bad, since the 5-minute egg drops shuffle what is displayed?

10 hours ago, Marie19R said:

YEEEESSSSSS Holiday biome!!!!!!!!!! *dances*

Question, though, if we release a CB holiday do we get that slot back? I'd like to release a few frozen CBs and get a new-2nd from the biome, but will that work? I don't want to release them if I can't get more.

Yes.  The limit is a scroll limit, not an every-dragon-you-have-ever-caught limit.