Jump to content
Azure

So... what hatchling are you taking Trick or Treating? :)

Which hatchling did you pick in the event?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 11th said:

Going back to Pumpkins for a second, though, some random recurring thoughts:

-Pumpkins are small.

-You could literally just carry it from house to house.

-It could fit in the candy basket.

-Teeny tiny costume.

 

@11th

 

The grateful dragon prances off, the remaining seven hatchlings following it like ducklings trailing after their mother. The last in the line, a member of a breed among the more malicious of the lot, hisses at you for not picking it.

 

Shaking it off, you turn your gaze back to your ward. The small yellow-and-orange dragon rests on your upraised palm, its tiny gecko-like digits gently gripping your own fingers.

 

"So uh. I think I'm supposed to take you Trick-or-Treating, right?" you ask the creature.

 

Its large green eyes immediatelly go downcast.

 

It doesn't speak, but the words ring in your head: I don't have a costume.

 

It has a chirping voice, youthful and full of sorrow at its predicament. Your heart breaks then and there.

"I'll think of something", you promise it, and those green eyes, moist and glistening with tears, look up at you hopefully.
 

You lift the hatchling, setting it on one shoulder. It coils its tail about your neck for extra grip and watches from its perch curiously as you retrieve from your sleeve a white handkerchief, extract a pocket knife from your pockets, and set to work.

 

Inspecting your handiwork once it's complete, you coax the dragonling down. It skitters down your arm in a blur of yellow. It hops from paw to paw, its tail happily whapping against your palm with pure excitement, as you gently place the carved handkerchief over it.

 

"There", you say with a smile, "You're a ghost."

 

Squealing with joy, the tiny dragon spins in a circle in your palm, before nuzzling affectionately with your fingers.

 

Chuckling to yourself, you lift it up and place it on the top of your head, where it proudly poses, showing off its new costume.

 

"Let's go get you some candy", you announce, and slowly make your way towards the first house.

Edited by Azure

Share this post


Link to post

I got the Black Marrow.  They are my favorite really.  So far I haven't found anyone else who has one in the Trick or Treating(though I know from this thread there are some).

Share this post


Link to post

^ I have a Marrow on my list. :)

 

I went with Caligene. As a fashionista, I absolutely love this year's event. Hopefully I'll find the aesthetics I'm looking for when the costume store opens up.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Azure said:

"There." you say with a smile. "You're a ghost."

 

Squealing with joy, the tiny dragon spins in a circle in your palm, before nuzzling affectionately with your fingers.

 

Chuckling to yourself, you lift it up and place it on the top of your head, where it proudly poses, showing off its new costume.

 

"Let's go get you some candy", you announce, and slowly make your way towards the first house.

 

That is sheer beauty. I am even fonder of my Pumpkin pal now. <3

Share this post


Link to post

My first instinct was to go with the pumpkin since their my favorite, but I went with the cavern lurker because of the exuberant grin it has.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Azure said:

 

@11th

 

The grateful dragon prances off, the remaining seven hatchlings following it like ducklings trailing after their mother. The last in the line, a member of a breed among the more malicious of the lot, hisses at you for not picking it.

 

Shaking it off, you turn your gaze back to your ward. The small yellow-and-orange dragon rests on your upraised palm, its tiny gecko-like digits gently gripping your own fingers.

 

"So uh. I think I'm supposed to take you Trick-or-Treating, right?" you ask the creature.

 

Its large green eyes immediatelly go downcast.

 

It doesn't speak, but the words ring in your head: I don't have a costume.

 

It has a chirping voice, youthful and full of sorrow at its predicament. Your heart breaks then and there.

"I'll think of something", you promise it, and those green eyes, moist and glistening with tears, look up at you hopefully.
 

You lift the hatchling, setting it on one shoulder. It coils its tail about your neck for extra grip and watches from its perch curiously as you retrieve from your sleeve a white handkerchief, extract a pocket knife from your pockets, and set to work.

 

Inspecting your handiwork once it's complete, you coax the dragonling down. It skitters down your arm in a blur of yellow. It hops from paw to paw, its tail happily whapping against your palm with pure excitement, as you gently place the carved handkerchief over it.

 

"There", you say with a smile, "You're a ghost."

 

Squealing with joy, the tiny dragon spins in a circle in your palm, before nuzzling affectionately with your fingers.

 

Chuckling to yourself, you lift it up and place it on the top of your head, where it proudly poses, showing off its new costume.

 

"Let's go get you some candy", you announce, and slowly make your way towards the first house.

 

oMG YES. So cute, but I still love my shadow walker fren. sTAHP TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD, CRI

Edited by jillybean711

Share this post


Link to post

I picked a grave! :3 They are my favorite Halloween dragon and that baby is just too adorable for words! I wanna keep him.

Share this post


Link to post

I picked a Marrow since they are by far my favorite Halloween. I've had everything but a Lurker and Witchlight visit me where you guys at? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post

No pumpkins visited me yet (which wasn't much of a surprise, they feel like the least popular) and no caligenes (which was an enormous surprise, since they have the most beautiful patterning in my opinion). 

 

In terms of costumes, one slytherin, one desipis going as itself and six little ghosties!

Share this post


Link to post

I've dressed my witchlight up as a wizard-ghost. I thought the ghost looked like a better robe then the official wizard robes, so it's an undead wizard!

cL6BR0a.pngWitchlights are best dragon!

(sorry desipis your still 2nd best...I WISH I COULD A TAKEN YOU TO!)

Edited by blockEdragon
My witchlight is cuter then yours!

Share this post


Link to post

@Azure This is gorgeous!

 

So far I love my Shadow Walker hatchling more and more. I guess when I get caveborn SW, it will be my first dragon with a description and I will be pretending it's slightly younger than Grrrarghragh friend's hatchling, so we are going trick or treating together.

Share this post


Link to post

image.png.b73522be34c1eb6d59c5f58591b6f802.png

This is my Desipis in Gryffindor house!! :D

I've seen 17 hatchis and 0 of them are Desipis. 

Share this post


Link to post

So cute, @Azure! :wub: Could you write that up for the other 7 as well? :lol: So the dragon goes to fetch a fresh Pumpkin hatchling so the group of 8 is complete again, and visits the next neighbour!

 

Of my 14 visitors, I have 4 Graves, 3 Shadow Walkers, 2 Black Marrows, 2 Witchlight, 1 Caligene, 1 Pumpkin and 1 Cavern Lurker. No Desipis yet.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post

Hatchlings I've seen so far:

5 x Marrow

4 x Grave

2 x SW, CL, Pumpkin, Caligene

 

I hope I'll see some Desipises and Witchlights, too. They're all fantastic. ^^

 

Is anybody getting candy from visitors though? If both players get candy (and see a new hatchling) when one player clicks "get candy", I would have expected to see additional candy and hatchlings being added to my page from time to time, but I don't think I've seen that happening even once today. I think it may have happened once yesterday, I'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Is anybody getting candy from visitors though? If both players get candy (and see a new hatchling) when one player clicks "get candy", I would have expected to see additional candy and hatchlings being added to my page from time to time, but I don't think I've seen that happening even once today. I think it may have happened once yesterday, I'm not sure.

 

It's only happened twice for me since the start of the event.

 

26 visitors and no witchlight still!

Edited by Varekis

Share this post


Link to post

14 visitors to my Lurker:

4 Marrows, 4 Shadows, 2 Graves, 3 Caligenes, 1 Lurker...

Not a single Pumpkin nor Desipis nor Witchlight...

Share this post


Link to post

So far 12

 

3 witchlight

3 cavern lurker

3 caligene

2 shadow

1 grave

 

No marrow, desipis, or pumpkin.

Share this post


Link to post

A Pumpkin just visited my Lurker! Now 2 breeds to go to reach 1 visitor per breed:P

I really hope those visitors stay for view after the event^^

Share this post


Link to post

8 Graves

2 Shadow Walkers

2 Desipis

2 Marrows

1 Pumpkin

1 Cavern Lurker

1 Caligene

1 Witchlight

Share this post


Link to post

16 vistors so far:

 

3 Caligene

3 Desipis

2 Grave

2 Shadow Walkers

2 Witchlight

2 Marrow

1 Pumpkin

1 Cavern Lurker

Edited by munificent

Share this post


Link to post

So far, this is who i've seen (out of 14):

 

4 Caligene

3 Shadow Walkers

2 Graves

1 Marrow

1 Pumpkin

2 Desipis

1 Lurker

 

Have yet to see a Witchlight.

Edited by lovecats99

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, munificent said:

1 Invisble in Ghost costume??? Mysterious but cute!

 

That sounds cool! Whose hatchling buddy is it?

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.