Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

So how do people feel about them taking away the steps and any way to track the nearby Pokemon? I think it's really frustrating >_<

Especially since they asked sites like Pokevision to shut down.

I had an argument about it with someone on facebook they were so frustrating. They said that there shouldn't be tracking because it "ruins the game." It's like, fine, think that and don't use it, but it's not like that for everyone. If there is tracking I would much rather use that then a map that shows me where the pokemon is, but I can't.

If things are there, like the maps and the steps for tracking, it's easy for them to choose not to use it if they don't want to, but people who want to can't use it if it isn't there.

Sorry for my mini rant but he was just so rude about it and it was super frustrating >_>

So how do people feel about them taking away the steps and any way to track the nearby Pokemon? I think it's really frustrating >_<

Especially since they asked sites like Pokevision to shut down.

I had an argument about it with someone on facebook they were so frustrating. They said that there shouldn't be tracking because it "ruins the game." It's like, fine, think that and don't use it, but it's not like that for everyone. If there is tracking I would much rather use that then a map that shows me where the pokemon is, but I can't.

If things are there, like the maps and the steps for tracking, it's easy for them to choose not to use it if they don't want to, but people who want to can't use it if it isn't there.

Sorry for my mini rant but he was just so rude about it and it was super frustrating >_>

People played the game, then found out how amazing it was to know where pokemon were, and pretty much revolved entirely around pokevision and these sites. Now its taken away people feel like part of the game is missing.

Really it isn't. Tracking was always bad, 3 steps, 2 steps or no steps.

I thought they just took away the steps temporarily...? I mean, tracking has been broken for a while now (every Pokemon would show up at 3 steps away regardless of actual distance), so it'd make sense for them to temporarily stop showing the footprints until they can fix it.

Unrelatedly, anybody else constantly running out of Pokeballs once they hit level 10? I'm at level 14 and have spent multiple days just hanging out near a cluster of Pokespots near my house so I can actually catch Pokemon at all. Seriously considering buying some with real money at this point.

I thought they just took away the steps temporarily...? I mean, tracking has been broken for a while now (every Pokemon would show up at 3 steps away regardless of actual distance), so it'd make sense for them to temporarily stop showing the footprints until they can fix it.

Unrelatedly, anybody else constantly running out of Pokeballs once they hit level 10? I'm at level 14 and have spent multiple days just hanging out near a cluster of Pokespots near my house so I can actually catch Pokemon at all. Seriously considering buying some with real money at this point.

I'm not sure - I do hope it is just temporary though.

Yeah - I have found myself running out of things quite often. It tends to fluctuate a lot, I'll go from having almost nothing of things to having so many I have to delete them, and then back to having not many. Never run out of revives though. tongue.gif

The recent update apparently makes it much harder to catch pokemon. The catch rates seem ok but these magikarps are certainly flailing around much more. I think more frequent "blocking" is a confirmed addition in the patch but don't quote me on that.

Having said that it should not take 11 pokeballs to catch a diglett at CP 90.

Edited by Ashywolf

People played the game, then found out how amazing it was to know where pokemon were, and pretty much revolved entirely around pokevision and these sites. Now its taken away people feel like part of the game is missing.

I agree that sites like Pokevision aren't really the best way to play - but I'm not going to get annoyed at people who want to use them either. Everyone plays for different aspects.

A few days ago when I was at university, there was a group of people running down the stairs from a higher level then us, then they were running in the corridor. We heard them talking about Pokemon and asked what they were chasing. They said Venusaur, so we joined in the run and it was so much fun.

As for the footsteps though - that was one of the funnest things for me when I started playing - so I really hope it comes back.

I think that as long as they despawn after x amount of time, we need some way of tracking, otherwise there will be people that miss out because they can't find it and get upset. And it doesn't really work without different pokemon despawning and new ones spawning.

Edited by AppleMango

I honestly would not mind not having the third party tracker sites if the original distance was restored (it's a smaller radius now) and the footsteps worked. Right now my group spends so much time just running around in circles that we miss good things frequently. It doesn't help that the app still is buggy and the viewer doesn't always refresh when something actually spawns, so unless you restart the app a lot, by the time you see something, it might not have much time left, anyway.

it'd be great if Niantic would just tell us if they're bringing it back or not instead of just silently updating pokemon go's website to remove all references to the footsteps' existence and worrying people even more but i guess that would violate Niantic's sacred policy of radio silence on social media and bad PR :)

also there's a glitch now where pokemon are turning into completely different pokemon after getting caught

I found this post on a Pokemon Go facebook page. I'm not 100% sure if it is official, I am quoting it here in case you don't have facebook. smile.gif I checked and it is official smile.gif

Trainers,

As many of you know, we recently made some changes to Pokémon GO.

- We have removed the ‘3-step’ display in order to improve upon the underlying design. The original feature, although enjoyed by many, was also confusing and did not meet our underlying product goals. We will keep you posted as we strive to improve this feature.

- We have limited access by third-party services which were interfering with our ability to maintain quality of service for our users and to bring Pokémon GO to users around the world. The large number of users has made the roll-out of Pokémon GO around the world an... interesting… challenge. And we aren’t done yet! Yes, Brazil, we want to bring the game to you (and many other countries where it is not yet available).

We have read your posts and emails and we hear the frustration from folks in places where we haven’t launched yet, and from those of you who miss these features. We want you to know that we have been working crazy hours to keep the game running as we continue to launch globally. If you haven’t heard us Tweeting much it’s because we’ve been heads down working on the game. But we’ll do our best going forward to keep you posted on what’s going on.

Be safe, be nice to your fellow trainers, and keep on exploring.

The Pokémon GO team

Edited by AppleMango

Since I rely on a tablet to play the game (I have a Nokia phone, which is not compatible), I can't get notifications to when a Pokemon is nearby. Because of this, the removal of tracking makes me almost completely blind to when I can catch a Pokemon, and I just don't look forward to it anymore. It's also no fun when going with friends, since the majority of the trip is spent in awkward silence checking our phones/tablet every so often, instead of hunting.

It feels like Niantic is trying to get me to buy Pokecoins for lures/incense.

/rant over

I have 6 eggs, and it's a lot of fun going on the prairie trails to hatch them. I'm holding off on my two blue incubators until I get 10km eggs.

I'm so mad. I found a Venusaur and only two Ultra Balls and a Greatball. And guess what. IT RAN! WHY? Because I HAD NO BLOODY ULTRA BALLS. WHY? Because I live in the middle of FREAKING NO WHERE

They need to have flipping pity on the people who can't use their stupid data AND have no wifi to have something where you can play freaking offline while still leveling up

And all I ever find are all the stupid common Pokes like Rats and Pidgs. Occasionally Weeds, Cats, and Eevee

Edit: GIVE ME SOMETHIN GOOD THAT I CAN CATCH!!! While I'm at it, let us buy Ultra Balls or something

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Man, everyone's talking about Pokemon Go... I'm sad because apparently it's never gonna be released in China, where I normally stay. D:

Man, everyone's talking about Pokemon Go... I'm sad because apparently it's never gonna be released in China, where I normally stay. D:

You will, I keep updates on where it is released

You're not alone. I don't have a working smart phone at the moment, so I don't have it either.

I keep missing Growlithe and Vulpix for some odd reason sad.gif I think the game hates me enough that it won't give them to me. On the bright side, I caught an Arbok at my house today smile.gif

Nah, Pokemon Go uses Google Maps and Google is banned in China, so it's not happening.

There was actually a glitch a few weeks back that made it playable in China for a few hours, then Niantic fixed it and released a formal apology. Talk about a slap in the face.

So... I've noticed around where I live, team yellow can't hold a gym for more than a few hours. And it seems that we only have one pop up here and there. *sigh*

Here's a funny story about something that just happened. Close to where I work there was a yellow gym that popped up and when I finished up my shift, I drove over to it.

The gym's located at a small business building and with it being Sunday, the little parking lot was completely empty. Stopping right at the parking entrance, I deposited my 593cp Pidgeot (the best I have at lvl 9) and when I looked back up into my rear view mirror, a car had pulled up behind me. There was a mom, a dad and a pair of kids. Moments later, I had my poor massacred Pidgeot back and the gym was changed to blue with all three slots filled. I feel so much anguish right now.

So... I've noticed around where I live, team yellow can't hold a gym for more than a few hours. And it seems that we only have one pop up here and there. *sigh*

Here's a funny story about something that just happened. Close to where I work there was a yellow gym that popped up and when I finished up my shift, I drove over to it.

The gym's located at a small business building and with it being Sunday, the little parking lot was completely empty. Stopping right at the parking entrance, I deposited my 593cp Pidgeot (the best I have at lvl 9) and when I looked back up into my rear view mirror, a car had pulled up behind me. There was a mom, a dad and a pair of kids. Moments later, I had my poor massacred Pidgeot back and the gym was changed to blue with all three slots filled. I feel so much anguish right now.

Awww sad.gif I'm on Team Mystic and no one can hold a gym anywhere down here for long. It's always changing

If you're in a fairly populated area, it's hard to hold a gym down for long for anyone. You don't really realise how much they change unless you have a Pokemon on one that comes off fast.

If you're on facebook, maybe you should try making a team instinct (area) group, and then you can organise raids to get some strong gyms around there and see how that goes smile.gif

Nah, Pokemon Go uses Google Maps and Google is banned in China, so it's not happening.

There was actually a glitch a few weeks back that made it playable in China for a few hours, then Niantic fixed it and released a formal apology. Talk about a slap in the face.

Interesting... because Ingress also uses Google maps & is definitely present in China!

It's actually possible to access Google in China with VPN. And yeah, I was so excited when the glitch happened and then... D:

Interesting... because Ingress also uses Google maps & is definitely present in China!

Yeah, it's not b/c of Google maps. They just won't release it. I mean, I can play Ingress because I have VPN, but unless you go GPS hacking (which is illegal I believe), there will be no Pokemon Go in China. I'm not gonna do that though. It's not worth the risk and I don't want to be conditioned to run around when my phone buzzes either.

This link isn't working for me.

Is it my computer or is it just not working?

I can't see it either

Played Pokemon Go while in the states over the summer, but now I'm in China it doesn't work. Specifically speaking, you can open up the app and connect to your account with VPN, but there are no Pokestops or gyms, and you can't hatch eggs or use incense (from what I can tell). You can still interact with your owned Pokemon (i.e. transferring/naming/evolving), as well as look at the Pokedex, if that's any consolation. Too risky to GPS hack, though.