Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

The picture of a Kakuna running off, taking a whole bunch of my precious pokeballs with it....arrgh....why did i even bother try catching those! They're so useless!

Experience? =p

~

I saw my first ghastly the other day. D| I've had my phone brightness way down and it was super bright outside, so I couldn't see anything. By the time I figured I should raise the brightness so I could feed the thing a berry (I'd only thrown one ball but I really wanted the ghostie), it ran away. D;

I only need to catch one more paras to be able to finally evolve one! The only one I saw the other day ran away, though, lmao.

And I can finally win gym battles! ...As long as the gym only has one Pokemon guarding it, lol.

i have such limited stock on pokeballs i only ever bother trying to catch rare pokemon or ones i havent already gotten for exp. leveling up is my main source of items...... >>

oh yeah my favorite thing is when it doesnt give me the bonus exp for curveballing even tho i literally curveball every throw i make now :) i need all the bonus exp i can get niantic please

Edited by Switch

I was down to only four poke balls yesterday, had an exam in college today so I had to go to the city and I RESTOCKED. smile.gif

And I just noticed that I have a 10km egg in my inventory, I need to hatch it ASAP, I'm hoping for a Dratini finally.

I've been to both the east and west coast since PoGo's been out, and it's kind of interesting the small differences you notice. Way more Drowzee, Caterpie, Weedle, Oddish, and Spearow on the east, while Doduo, Growlithe, Ekans, Sandshrew, and Ponyta are extremely few and far between. It's the opposite over in the west. Then you've got the Rattata, Pidgey, Zubat, Eevee, and Venonat swarms that are the same no matter where you go.

I haven't seen a 10km egg since the first few days the app came out =o I figured they were a myth by now.

I haven't seen a 10km egg since the first few days the app came out =o I figured they were a myth by now.

So I thought, but I went to my egg inventory to see if I had any more 5km eggs to hatch because I can't hatch a single Seel and I want one so bad, and then I saw... a 10km egg. Wow. blink.gif

Don't know where I got it, though.

i have such limited stock on pokeballs i only ever bother trying to catch rare pokemon or ones i havent already gotten for exp. leveling up is my main source of items...... >>

I live in the least populated US state that has literally zero cities. I was expecting us to have zero Pokestops. But fortunately, I also work at the college, where I work at a Pokestop and can walk into another like every few feet. I also live across from the park, which also has a buttload of stops. I'm only level 12, but my bag is full a lot. If I could share with peeps like you, I totally would. D:

~

Finally tracked down an onyx in the park the other night. And was surprised to run into a rhydon at school! Only CP 12 on the onyx, though. xP Also found two goldeen at the park. o_O

Tried tracking down a taurus as well but I zigzaged all around school and it finally just disappeared forever. D|

I basically spent an hour biking laps around my school and then biked home and did a lap around the park. I hatched two eggs, leveled up, and got like halfway to leveling up again.

Today, I had a meeting near a lurestop. About 15 pokemon popped up and froze my phone, loooool. Luckily, most of them were still there by the time I got the app re-started.

I'm level 23 and finally got my first 10K egg! Which hatched into Electabuzz which is disappointing since I already had two. But guess what, I got another 10K right after! It became an Onix which im pretty pleased about since I did not have one. I got another one yesterday somehow too and im really hoping for any of the fossil pokemon, Jynx, or Snorlax

And yeah also I really am looking forward to trading. I got eight spare Tauros that are in need of a good home ^^;

I have a Flareon that I want to gift to a friend, so I'll let him trade it for a commonly found Pokemon if it's made possible in the future. I just incubated my 10km egg, can't wait to see what it hatches into! Kinda disappointing that AGAIN I didn't get a Seel from a 5km egg. sad.gif

Whoo, finally tracked down a taurus! Doesn't have half-bad stats either.

And evolved my first eevee. Decided to evolve it into a jolteon since it matches being team instinct. =p

I can't wait to see what my 10km egg hatches into! Just 9.9km left to walk and it will hatch. laugh.gif

Here in Oklahoma, the most common pokemon that I've caught are this:

Pidgey:60+

Ratatta: 60+

Venonat: 30-40.

Doduo: 20-30

Caterpie and weedle: 10 or so.

While you people say you have drowzees/etc so much..

Drowzee: 0.

Spearow: 3

Growlithe:1

Oddish:8

Ponyta: 1

sad.gif

8 oddish!?

I'd trade you drowzee for an oddish if we could trade. D|

I get at least 20 a day if I'm lucky. I would trade with you, but 1. Trading hasn't been implemented 2. I've been hearing rumors you can only trade in person so you and I would have to met up :/

In other player's Go experiences, do razz berries actually effect the chance of catching a Pokemon?

Because I haven't noticed them making a difference at all. Tbh, I just keep using them now because they seem useless but I don't like trashing items. But the Pokemon still bust out of the ball more times than not (and lately more have been running away). A few levels ago, when I was experimenting with this, I found that the size of the circle far more improved my chances of catching and keeping a Pokemon than a razz berry did. Reached level 14 and it all seems moot now. Neither berries nor circle size are really making a difference. >.>

I've had a couple of problems with Pokemon Go. It doesn't really count my steps accurately and it can be quite frustrating. Yesterday I went out for a 1 km walk and it only registered about half a km. Also, there's hardly any pokemon popping up in my neighborhood when I go for a walk, which is very annoying since I feel like I'm wasting my time tongue.gif My current city and country aren't necessarily very safe to be just wandering about on foot, so I can't really make the best of this game, at least not with my current lifestyle.

I've had a couple of problems with Pokemon Go. It doesn't really count my steps accurately and it can be quite frustrating. Yesterday I went out for a 1 km walk and it only registered about half a km. Also, there's hardly any pokemon popping up in my neighborhood when I go for a walk, which is very annoying since I feel like I'm wasting my time tongue.gif My current city and country aren't necessarily very safe to be just wandering about on foot, so I can't really make the best of this game, at least not with my current lifestyle.

So apparently, Pokemon Go tracks your location - I think I read every four minutes or so somewhere but can't find confirmation for this - but not in live time. So if you're walking in a big circles, it's likely that PoGo is tracking your location at times that aren't the most efficient for you. So even though you've walked around the block, Pokemon Go might, for instance, update when you're across from the point when you started, so PoGo measures the shortest distance between those two points, rather than following the path you actually walked, which would be longer. For the most distance to be counted on PoGo, a long straight line is best. Which is, of course, pretty ridiculous because most of us are going to be walking around schools, work, town, parks, etc. and will be going in large circles or zigzags rather than straight lines.

So apparently, Pokemon Go tracks your location - I think I read every four minutes or so somewhere but can't find confirmation for this - but not in live time. So if you're walking in a big circles, it's likely that PoGo is tracking your location at times that aren't the most efficient for you. So even though you've walked around the block, Pokemon Go might, for instance, update when you're across from the point when you started, so PoGo measures the shortest distance between those two points, rather than following the path you actually walked, which would be longer. For the most distance to be counted on PoGo, a long straight line is best. Which is, of course, pretty ridiculous because most of us are going to be walking around schools, work, town, parks, etc. and will be going in large circles or zigzags rather than straight lines.

That makes a lot of sense, now, my little neighborhood is indeed about 1 km all the way around, but it's roughly "U" shaped, with larger hills surrounding that have zig-zag paths on them. Guess I'll have to get creative when it comes to hatching my eggs. Thanks for the insight Sock!

It pings your location every minute and then the server adds up the distance and dumps it on you at 4 minutes. It's why you can have an egg sitting at 2K, but not hatched and have to wait. Happened to me last night while walking in the park for like three hours. Pokewalker says I got 10,000 steps too. Not going out today though, that's for sure. laugh.gif

Straight distances are the way to go, even if you're just walking up and down a sidewalk. Everything else just isn't as efficient.

That makes a lot of sense, now, my little neighborhood is indeed about 1 km all the way around, but it's roughly "U" shaped, with larger hills surrounding that have zig-zag paths on them. Guess I'll have to get creative when it comes to hatching my eggs. Thanks for the insight Sock!

No problem. Good luck!

It pings your location every minute and then the server adds up the distance and dumps it on you at 4 minutes. It's why you can have an egg sitting at 2K, but not hatched and have to wait.

Ah - okay! Thanks for providing those numbers. =)

I think if you close and reopen your app when you turn it updates. This is based on speculation not concrete knowledge though, haha. Also if your internet connection isn't the best you can try just leaving your app open and sometimes your character will walk around by themselves. I got 800m in a lecture once just from having the app open, hehe. XP

Anyway, today I got to play Pokemon after ages of not playing! biggrin.gif There's a glitch where you can't play it in town where all the pokestops, gyms and good Pokemon are. Instead of working it just has the loading symbol going round and round in the top left and not letting you do anything.

I found out last night it wasn't just me but many people with the same phone company as me, and I found a way to fix it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif For some reason if you change down from 4g to 3g it works. biggrin.gif

I am also excited for trading. I heard you just need people's usernames to trade so I hope that's the case. I will build up my Kangaskhan army to trade with you guys tongue.gif

I doubt it will be the case, but I really want to be able to send items as well. I haven't been able to fight gyms in a while, because I have so few potions D; My boyfriend has so many that he has been deleting the purple ones, which I could use haha. >_<

I'm glad the revives are more useful now though, I should be back to fighting gyms soon biggrin.gif

Finally caught a cubone!

And evolved a ponyta. Only it had a 100 power attack and ended up with a 50 power attack. That's jacked. =_=

I found an Exeggcute at work which finally gave me enough for Exeggutor!

Also i've been stuck at 99 Gastly candies for several weeks now xP just one more man lemme get that Gengar....

I have a Flareon that I want to gift to a friend, so I'll let him trade it for a commonly found Pokemon if it's made possible in the future. I just incubated my 10km egg, can't wait to see what it hatches into! Kinda disappointing that AGAIN I didn't get a Seel from a 5km egg. sad.gif

It sucks you didn't get what you wanted but there's just so many things you can get in 5km eggs it's statistically unlikely to get what you want, so try not to be too disappointed. If you get what you want you're super duper lucky. If you get something you don't want, that sucks but at least you got some stardust biggrin.gif I guess.

I've hatched five 10km eggs, out of them I got one eevee, 3 electabuzz (in a row!) and one kabuto.

Really want Lapras and Snorlax though so I know how you feel.

In other player's Go experiences, do razz berries actually effect the chance of catching a Pokemon?

Because I haven't noticed them making a difference at all. Tbh, I just keep using them now because they seem useless but I don't like trashing items. But the Pokemon still bust out of the ball more times than not (and lately more have been running away). A few levels ago, when I was experimenting with this, I found that the size of the circle far more improved my chances of catching and keeping a Pokemon than a razz berry did. Reached level 14 and it all seems moot now. Neither berries nor circle size are really making a difference. >.>

Anyone? I'm genuinely curious to know if you guys have noticed a difference or just not paid attention at all!