Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

In other player's Go experiences, do razz berries actually effect the chance of catching a Pokemon?

Because I haven't noticed them making a difference at all. Tbh, I just keep using them now because they seem useless but I don't like trashing items. But the Pokemon still bust out of the ball more times than not (and lately more have been running away). A few levels ago, when I was experimenting with this, I found that the size of the circle far more improved my chances of catching and keeping a Pokemon than a razz berry did. Reached level 14 and it all seems moot now. Neither berries nor circle size are really making a difference. >.>

To me those berries don't really make a difference either...I just use them (when I remember to, lol), so that I'll get rid of some of my berries and have space for other stuff... (but I'm still always out of space and have to trash things...)

Anyone? I'm genuinely curious to know if you guys have noticed a difference or just not paid attention at all!

There is a difference in the capture rate when you use a razz berry. For the much stronger Pokémon, it's hard to tell, but for the weaker ones, the rings do change

New update released today! biggrin.gif Now you can walk with a Buddy Pokemon for candy!

I'mma gonna flop around town with my Karp. cool.gif

New update released today! biggrin.gif Now you can walk with a Buddy Pokemon for candy!

I'mma gonna flop around town with my Karp.  cool.gif

I would have done that tomorrow had it not been right now biggrin.gif

So, cheers

but uh, how does one get a buddy following them?

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

To me those berries don't really make a difference either...I just use them (when I remember to, lol), so that I'll get rid of some of my berries and have space for other stuff... (but I'm still always out of space and have to trash things...)

Haha, glad I'm not the only one.

I did notice today that the chances of Pokemon escaping the ball seems to be much lower if you have less Pokeballs. When I had 50 - 150, Pokemon would escape four or five times before I either got them or they ran away. With only about 10, I haven't had any escape. xP

For the much stronger Pokémon, it's hard to tell, but for the weaker ones, the rings do change

So it really only makes a difference when it doesn't really matter? Lol, well that's nice to know.

If I could feed multiple razz berries to a Pokemon, that would be one thing. xP

Now you can walk with a Buddy Pokemon for candy!

Yesss! I saw the announcement the other day, and it's so cool. *rushes to go update the app*

25%. Don't die yet, phone!

EDIT: WALKING WITH YOUR BUDDY GETS YOU CANDY!? Well this effects my decision. 8D What wonderful news.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

All these exciting PoGo things happening, and my phone's GPS is completely broken D= And I'd just moved into my dorm too, there's a million pokestops on campus. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.

I would have done that tomorrow had it not been right now biggrin.gif

So, cheers

but uh, how does one get a buddy following them?

They don't follow you on the actual map but to make a Pokemon your buddy you click on your face in the bottom left corner, and then the circle in the bottom right corner (which has journal and customize also) and then buddy is there smile.gif

EDIT: WALKING WITH YOUR BUDDY GETS YOU CANDY!? Well this effects my decision. 8D What wonderful news.

Yeah! biggrin.gif

Here is a list of how far you have to walk to get a candy for all the different Pokemon smile.gif

https://thesilphroad.com/research

Who did everyone choose to be their buddies? I chose Gloom, my favourite Pokemon! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

(sorry for the double post I forgot how to put two quotes with names in one post)

Who did everyone choose to be their buddies? I chose Gloom, my favourite Pokemon! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

For now I chose squirtle, but that would be for a very slow, longtime goal of eventually evolving it. xP

After I get a candy or a couple, thinking of switching to meowth or eevee or pikachu. Also for candy-collecting-evolving purposes. xP

I tried out a few different buddies to see how they looked as a buddy. I saw that small pokemon would ride on your shoulder, so I tried a diglet out of curiosity, but it logically rests on the ground. xP Also tried a venomoth and HOLY COW those things are huge. I kinda liked how hilariously huge it was, so might walk around with a venomoth for a while, too, one of these days, lol.

(Aaah, nice! I haven't even seen a gloom or any of its other 'family' yet.)

For now I chose squirtle, but that would be for a very slow, longtime goal of eventually evolving it. xP

After I get a candy or a couple, thinking of switching to meowth or eevee or pikachu. Also for candy-collecting-evolving purposes. xP

I tried out a few different buddies to see how they looked as a buddy. I saw that small pokemon would ride on your shoulder, so I tried a diglet out of curiosity, but it logically rests on the ground. xP Also tried a venomoth and HOLY COW those things are huge. I kinda liked how hilariously huge it was, so might walk around with a venomoth for a while, too, one of these days, lol.

(Aaah, nice! I haven't even seen a gloom or any of its other 'family' yet.)

Cool biggrin.gif

I thought the distances would correlate with the eggs Pokemon hatch from, but you have to walk 3km to get a started candy (middle distance) but you only need to walk 2km (shortest distance) to hatch eggs. So that kind of sucks.

Haha, meowths are great tongue.gif Where my boyfriend lives there is like 4 spawn points we can reach while sitting in his bedroom and lots of meowth spawn there. There is also lots of growlithe, sandshrew and mankey. There's a fair few ryhorns, and every now and then there is an onix and sometimes machops and machokes. It's amazing.

Also I'm confused about regional specifics because as far as I know, Kangaskhan, Tauros and Farfetch'd are all 5km eggs and 3km walk for candy.

And apparently Mr. Mime is 10km eggs and 5km walk. I thought all the regionals would be the same.

This message took me ages to write because I got distracted in the middle changing my buddy around to see the different ones xd.png hehehe. Venomoth is huge! wow. Have you heard the theory that they accidentally mixed up two of the Pokemon and Venomoth is meant to be the final evolution for caterpie and Butterfree is meant to be the final evolution of Venonat? Apparently they match better that way or something.

A lot of other Pokemon are huge too, like my friend has Kangaskhan and it was so huge! But I feel like maybe you meant the size surprised you and that is why it's worth mentioning not just because it's huge...

That sucks sad.gif What's your favourite Pokemon though? Do you have it yet? smile.gif

I misread this last part of your message but I already did this so yeah

user posted image

My buddy is my Dragonite, the one I caught on my third day of playing. I want to level him up and make him really strong, but I have no Dratini candy to do so, so walk along while he flies behind my back. He's so huge and adorable. wub.gif

Yeah! biggrin.gif

Here is a list of how far you have to walk to get a candy for all the different Pokemon smile.gif

https://thesilphroad.com/research

(sorry for the double post I forgot how to put two quotes with names in one post)

I chose Rudje, my Charmander, as my buddy in the hopes that I'd level her up and evolve her. I haven't even SEEN any of the Charmander line in normal play, so this is super helpful.

Um...guys... you really need to see this... It's not a game spinoff, but it's still a spinoff.

Edited by Syiren

@AppleMango -

I'm a little jelly. That spawn point sounds awesome! I've caught a few meowths and hatched one. Still can't evolve any yet, though. Haven't seen of the Machamp's/etc. Caught one sandshrew and a few growlithes, as well as one onyx and one ryhorn (still one of my highest cp pokemon). I did finally see a magmar yesterday and a psyduck today, but mostly just catching ratatas, pidgey, paras, and geodude. xP

Was talking with my roommate in her office a little bit ago. PoGo freaked out, had no idea where I was, and decided to just spawn a whole bunch of cool pokemon around me! It was awesome. Caught a psyduck and a nidorina - my first of each! Plus a bunch of stuff I see more regularly, so I got quite a bit of exp while PoGo was freaking out about where I was actually at, lol.

You can't ask me for a favorite, though. I'm so bad at choosing. xP

You look great with your gloom!

Anyone? I'm genuinely curious to know if you guys have noticed a difference or just not paid attention at all!

i've heard catching pokemon is exponentially more difficult the higher level you get, even more common ones. i'm level 15 and imo razz berries and getting good throws + curveballs helps me a lot, it's probably bad luck. there've been times i caught cp 800 wild flareons with a regular pokeball, no razz berries, and a regular curveball but sometimes much weaker pokemon will break out of a curved great shot with a razz berry and great ball. this game is weird sometimes,

anyway i picked my favorite bulbasaur, Lettuce, to be my buddy. i really wanted to use my pikachu or magikarp. but i figured with the prevalence of water types a venusaur would be something good to have. i'll probably do them after Lettuce is evolved.

user posted image

i do have kind of a dilemma tho. i have an ivysaur too, but it's a much lower cp than my bulbasaur and has worse IVs, but i'd need a lot less candies to get a venusaur. but i feel like i should probably go through the work of evolving Lettuce instead, since he's much stronger.

by the way, i recently went through a spree of evolving my best IV eevee, including a 100% perfect IV eevee and two 96% eevee and. all. three. of. them. turned. into. jolteons. bcus. i. already. used. my. rainer. trick

im so mad

Edited by Switch

I have my Haunter as a buddy. He takes up the whole back half of the screen behind the character, and his hands hover over their shoulders. It's pretty funny, though some of the Pokemon sizes still confound me-- how is a Haunter bigger than a Nidoking? Psh.

@AppleMango -

I'm a little jelly. That spawn point sounds awesome! I've caught a few meowths and hatched one. Still can't evolve any yet, though. Haven't seen of the Machamp's/etc. Caught one sandshrew and a few growlithes, as well as one onyx and one ryhorn (still one of my highest cp pokemon). I did finally see a magmar yesterday and a psyduck today, but mostly just catching ratatas, pidgey, paras, and geodude. xP

Was talking with my roommate in her office a little bit ago. PoGo freaked out, had no idea where I was, and decided to just spawn a whole bunch of cool pokemon around me! It was awesome. Caught a psyduck and a nidorina - my first of each! Plus a bunch of stuff I see more regularly, so I got quite a bit of exp while PoGo was freaking out about where I was actually at, lol.

You can't ask me for a favorite, though. I'm so bad at choosing. xP

You look great with your gloom!

It is. The only bad thing about it is that I went there with over 100 pokeballs and had none by the end of the night - so it makes it hard to stock up on Pokeballs hahaha xd.png

That sucks. Maybe you should try organising a big group of people near you to all play together - I've heard the more people playing at once makes rarer Pokemon spawn. Also I've heard using incense when you are in a place where there are no Pokemon are on your sighting makes rare Pokemon spawn.

That's cool that there's geodudes, I haven't seen that many of them. I also think Pidgeots are pretty good, but I imagine it's boring only being able to catch the same few Pokemon.

That's lucky xd.png Once I was at the library with my boyfriend and I opened Pokemon Go and I didn't know where I was but there was an eevee, but it was over at the train station so then he went to the train station and caught the eevee too hahaha. xd.png

I guess that makes every Pokemon you catch pretty exciting haha tongue.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

i've heard catching pokemon is exponentially more difficult the higher level you get, even more common ones. i'm level 15 and imo razz berries and getting good throws + curveballs helps me a lot, it's probably bad luck. there've been times i caught cp 800 wild flareons with a regular pokeball, no razz berries, and a regular curveball but sometimes much weaker pokemon will break out of a curved great shot with a razz berry and great ball. this game is weird sometimes,

anyway i picked my favorite bulbasaur, Lettuce, to be my buddy. i really wanted to use my pikachu or magikarp. but i figured with the prevalence of water types a venusaur would be something good to have. i'll probably do them after Lettuce is evolved.

user posted image

i do have kind of a dilemma tho. i have an ivysaur too, but it's a much lower cp than my bulbasaur and has worse IVs, but i'd need a lot less candies to get a venusaur. but i feel like i should probably  go through the work of evolving Lettuce instead, since he's much stronger.

by the way, i recently went through a spree of evolving my best IV eevee, including a 100% perfect IV eevee and two 96% eevee and. all. three. of. them. turned. into. jolteons. bcus. i. already. used. my. rainer. trick

im so mad

Yeah. I've noticed that too. Things that should be easy to catch are difficult and things that should be easy to catch are easy. It's so odd.

I also hate how it gets harder to catch Pokemon as the level goes up. It doesn't make logical sense. You're becoming a better trainer so they should be easier to catch. They should make it harder by making the Pokemon stronger but weak Pokemon should be easy to catch.

Cuuuuuuuuuute! I love it. I think electric types are strong against water too, aren't they? So Pikachu would be good as well.

If your Ivysaur is a lower CP than your bulbasaur, then it will cost more to level him up, so you probably won't save that many candies, and you will spend extra stardust. Also, if Lettuce has a better IV then he will be so much better when he is stronger.

It also depends on what your goal in the game is too. If you want to collect Pokemon the most, you should evolve the Ivysaur, if you want to do battles and stuff, you should wait and invest in Lettuce.

I've actually been told you should wait until you have enough candies to evolve it to its strongest evolution before you evolve it, because the middle evolution won't be that great, and you are likely to find a better to evolve one before you reach the level of candies you need.

That sucks! It happened to me too! The Eevee I named Pyro evolved into Flareon, and the one I named Rainer evolved into Vaporeon, but all the others have been Jolteon. There's been like 4 or 5. Ughhhhh D:

Edited by AppleMango

I'mma gonna flop around town with my Karp. cool.gif

I want that update too....it doesn't seem available here yet...sad.gif

Ohmm, not sure, but about evolving Evoli to the type you want:

I've heared you can repeat the naming trick by resetting the name of Rainer ect. to another name and then use the name Rainer on another Evoli so it will become a Vaporeon?

I haven't tried yet, but it may be worth a try?

Ohmm, not sure, but about evolving Evoli to the type you want:

I've heared you can repeat the naming trick by resetting the name of Rainer ect. to another name and then use the name Rainer on another Evoli so it will become a Vaporeon?

I haven't tried yet, but it may be worth a try?

I tried that, it doesn't work unfortunately sad.gif

Yeah, the name trick only works once per name, and only with the exact capitalization. It's awful; I don't look forward to having to wait to hear the trick for the gen 2 'eons despite having plenty of eevee candies...

Man, just considering the logistics of the later gens makes me cringe. Not every Pokemon in a branching line's going to have an easy reference from the anime.

I chose Kabuto as my buddy! I've been stuck at 48 candies for it for ages and with 2 more i'll have enough for Kabutops! I can't wait biggrin.gif

um, I have a problem. So I went to evolve and Eevee named Sparky and it evolved into a Flareon o.o

um, I have a problem. So I went to evolve and Eevee named Sparky and it evolved into a Flareon o.o

Did you evolve an eevee already?

Did you evolve an eevee already?

I've been evolving Eevees with the proper name. No matter how many times I evolved them: Sparky was still Jolteon, Pyro was Flareon, and Rainer was Vaporeon. I don't know what went wrong >..>