Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Well shoot. There's a Charmander nest on this golf course about 2-3 minutes from my house. A member of our towns Facebook group asked the golf course staff if it was okay for players to walk around the property. They said so long as we all stayed off the green and didnt bother anyone, it was totally okay! I took my younger brother to it today to walk along the outside for Charmanders and what do you know, literally the second we step out of the car this jerk on a golf cart screams at us for "entering private property" ??? Or something like that. Even though it technically wasnt we werent even on it but parked somewhat nearby it. Anyways, He told us to get the...heck... out so we did...

Which really is a shame... we could use those charmanders dang it. Those dont exist here. And I saw so many people there looking for them too so why did we get singled out?

Eh even so afterward we drove around a bit and found a Vulpix, Squirtle, and Hypno so at least its something. I still feel disheartened though

Did you at least report that jerk to the golf club management? I'd bet he's the kind of person they DON'T want playing on their course.

@Sock - Congrats on getting a gym! smile.gif When multiple people are attacking it makes the defending pokemon go down faster smile.gif So that's great that you got added to the facebook group, co-ordination with team members is super duper helpful when it comes to taking and holding gyms biggrin.gif

Also congrats on your first Oddish! You're one step closer to a Gloom - the best Pokemon. tongue.gif haha xd.png

@Aerolyx - That was super rude of them. sad.gif Don't feel discouraged from going back and hopefully he isn't there this time. I'm not sure if complaining to the staff would do anything if he is paying to be there and you are just there to catch charmanders, but you do have permission to be there so idk. Maybe if they are there again you can just tell them you're allowed to be there or something ;/ Or just ignore them? Idk, but that sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you sad.gif

At least you got some cool Pokemon after ^^

@sailing - I hate to say it but I didn't :/ him yelling at me made my anxiety go through the roof so all I did was leave... I should have reported though yeah because he had no right to say that, ESPECIALLY since players got permission to beforehand and we're being harmless and as out of the way as possible

@apple - I do doubt complaining will do much because yeah it's not like im paying to be there. Buut then again im barely on the property. Im on the free public parkinglot. Yeah it does suck and it made my anxiety about going there pretty bad but you know what.... ima still do it next I get the chance. I'll just go on the opposite side away from most of the golfers and hopefully I wont run into that jerk again there. I only need about 10 more Charmander to get Charizard and a lot do spawn there so hopefully it wouldnt take long (and it would be totally worth it too!)

Yeah Squirtle and Vulpix were cool though! Finally got enough for Wartortle and im ever closer to Ninetales so thats always good ^^

Edited by aerolyx

I'd love to get even -one- Charmander. They almost never appear on my radar and when they do, they usually disappear before I can find them. And it's the same with Dratini too. It's always discouraging when I see a Charizard or a Dragonite at gyms, even if they're on my own team, because I know that they have the freedom to go out more often and find all of these rare Pokemon that I can't even get close to being stuck out in the suburbs.

Does anyone know what happens to your poke bank pokemon if you stop paying for it? I didn't play pokemon for about a year, and was wondering what would happen if payed for Pokebank again. I was hoping I could recover my collection.

I think for pokebank, if it's expired you can still withdraw but not deposit. So your mons are safe.

Thank you so much for letting me know. All this time and not a clue!

I was gonna get my first Machop and then my phone died. And the chain came off my bike. And I stepped off of it into a puddle. At 2am, I took that as a sign to go come. Dx

They almost never appear on my radar and when they do, they usually disappear before I can find them.

Yeah, I would really love if there was a way to direct ourselves to the Pokemon of interest. Or if razz berries worked to lure the chosen Pokemon towards us.

Sending you good luck vibes on a Charmander and Dratini. <3

EDIT: w00t w00t, finally reached level 20! And I have enough candies for a dugtrio (adding my 5th unlock pokemon when I do my lucky egg + incense day).

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

EDIT: w00t w00t, finally reached level 20! And I have enough candies for a dugtrio (adding my 5th unlock pokemon when I do my lucky egg + incense day).

Yo congrats! biggrin.gif

~

Also im so excited that I finally got an Aerodactyl! Got it from a 10k egg and I honestly never expected to get one and I love Aerodactyl a lot so im thrilled. All I need is Omanyte (already have star) and i'll have all the 10k egg pokes

Im super close to having enough candy for Raichu too so if weather permits, i'll go out and finish that up and set up Growlithe as my new buddy. I think i'll try going to that Charmander nest again ( and hopefully not get needlessly yelled at by an angry old guy again :/ )

Edited by aerolyx

Also im so excited that I finally got an Aerodactyl! Got it from a 10k egg and I honestly never expected to get one and I love Aerodactyl a lot so im thrilled. All I need is Omanyte (already have star) and i'll have all the 10k egg pokes

Congrats! That's awesome. Good luck hunting Charmander.

~

I'm so not into this time limit on battling. I had a 2000 CP snorlax, the last defender of a gym, down to 1 HP and got hit with the limit. Then I had a 2000 CP lapris, the last defender of a gym, down to 6 HP and got hit with the limit. With windchill, it's less than 30 deg F out here, and I can't wear gloves to battle. My fingers are moving as fast as they can. Dx

I got my grubby hands on a pokemon go plus, finally. tongue.gif I like it, it's MUCH easier than fumbling with your phone when you're busy or in a social situation where it'd be rude. Been playing with it all day.

Leveling is still so slow D: About to hit level 24.

I'm so not into this time limit on battling. I had a 2000 CP snorlax, the last defender of a gym, down to 1 HP and got hit with the limit. Then I had a 2000 CP lapris, the last defender of a gym, down to 6 HP and got hit with the limit. With windchill, it's less than 30 deg F out here, and I can't wear gloves to battle. My fingers are moving as fast as they can. Dx

Literally the defending vaporeon was in the middle of fainting when I got kicked out with a time's up... >_>

.... there's a time limit for gym battles?? why on earth??

edit:

hey remember how i was hesitant to evolve lettuce since he's only 89% IV

i caught a 96% bulbasaur today at a higher cp >:) ya'll pray for me that he gets a good moveset when i evolve him pls...

Edited by Switch

.... there's a time limit for gym battles?? why on earth??

edit:

hey remember how i was hesitant to evolve lettuce since he's only 89% IV

i caught a 96% bulbasaur today at a higher cp >:) ya'll pray for me that he gets a good moveset when i evolve him pls...

Yeah, and I'm not even sure how long it is. I saw ONE person who said it's maybe 90 seconds, but honestly, it's not like I spent five minutes trying to take down one Pokemon and the app should feel sorry for me.

(Ohey, congrats on the nice catch! Sending good luck vibes your way for the evolution.)

Yeah, and I'm not even sure how long it is. I saw ONE person who said it's maybe 90 seconds, but honestly, it's not like I spent five minutes trying to take down one Pokemon and the app should feel sorry for me.

(Ohey, congrats on the nice catch! Sending good luck vibes your way for the evolution.)

Isn't it in between the two Pokemon's health bars when you are battling?

im pretty good on bulbasaur candies now especially since they spawn in my town every hour or less so say hello to my new buddy, the big boy

user posted image

hes really average overall, okay cp, doesnt have the best moves and he's only 60-ish% IV but he is literally the only snorlax i have ever, ever even seen anywhere at all so i'll take what i can get.

and with that im out of pokeballs again so time to stop playing this game indefinitely until we just happen to go out somewhere with stops :^)

Edited by Switch

Isn't it in between the two Pokemon's health bars when you are battling?

I didn't think so because I've gotten kicked out before that number goes to 0, but maybe PoGo is just slow to update in the middle of battling?

sigh. my good IV venusaur ended up with sludge bomb. i guess im just gonna go back on the bulbasaur candy grind and hope good old Lettuce gets solar beam :\

At least we can earn consistently earn candy now. =u

~

Finally used my lucky egg and evolved my hoard of pokemon. I actually had so many waiting, I had to use two eggs! Took me 50 minutes to evolve everything. Got about 73k experience just doing that. Then had 10 minutes left on my egg, so decided to try out an incense. It was fairly disappointing. It didn't lure any interesting pokemon to me. Mostly it just helped me rebuild the ratata army that I'd just spent like half an hour evolving and transferring. xP

All together, though, I did end up leveling up twice (I was really close to leveling when I started evolving, then got the full 75k needed to level up to 22), and I do finally have some good battling pokemon, so I am excited!

Also noticed I've got my first 10k egg. Very excited to see what I get from it.

man pokemon go has been really up and down for me today. a dragonair showed up in my park which is the first time ive EVER seen a member of the dragon- family, but it was cp 21 (i didnt even think dragonairs could be that low) and ran away... so.

on the bright side i caught a pidgeot with 90% IVs and an optimal moveset, a clefable with 80% IVs and an optimal moveset, and a Parasect with 90% IVs (but it has cross poison :/)

also i just realized the jigglypuff i hatched from an egg a long time ago has really good IVs so i might try to focus on raising her so she can help me out with dragonites

at this point i would literally sell my soul for a decent iv dratini. i dont know where all the gym leaders around my town are getting them, i havent even seen a silhouette of one since the day this game launched, not to mention there's no confirmed nests of them anywhere nearby...

EDIT:

wow and i just hatched a 96% iv exeggcute so i guess i might have a good exeggutor soon too. i dont even know who i want to pick as my buddy pokemon next...

Edited by Switch

Had a bunch of eggs in incubators and they all hatched at once, which was awesome. Got two tentacool, a voltorb, a horsea, and a rattata. Most of those were awesome hatches. =p

My 10k egg will hatch tomorrow or Thurs. Suuuuper excited. o3o

EDIT: Well, that was a disappointment. My first 10k was a CP 460 onix - actually 100+ lower than the onix I caught the other day... I picked up another 10k egg yesterday, so hopefully it yields something better - something I haven't caught yet. >_>

EDIT: Yay, second 10k egg was much less disappointing! Got a Jynx, which gave me an unlock, that I leveled up all the way to somewhere a little over 1000 CP.

And have a third 10k egg in an incubator as well. 8D

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I didn't think so because I've gotten kicked out before that number goes to 0, but maybe PoGo is just slow to update in the middle of battling?

If you move away from the gym you can get kicked out. Could that possibly be why?

I can't think of what that number could be besides a timer, that's all.

I lost major interest in Go. Possibly because I rely on two places and it's not interesting anymore. If they add Johto into it, I might consider it

I've only played Pokemon Go lately to see what Pokemon were around. As always, surrounded by Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie and Weedle. The last good Pokemon I got was a Dragonite a few weeks ago when we went to pick up my sisters vehicle. I didn't think I'd catch it as I only had so many Great Balls but I got it on the first one!

Other than that I don't play it all that much. My town only has ONE PokeStop which is far away from me so I don't get to utilize it much. I just wish they'd treat small towns the same as cities. When I went to St. John's there was like one on every street, not really fair if you ask me.

If you move away from the gym you can get kicked out. Could that possibly be why?

I can't think of what that number could be besides a timer, that's all.

Sorry for being unclear. I meant it kicked me out with a "time's up" message. I would guess that it was just PoGo having brief lag in updating. =U

I just wish they'd treat small towns the same as cities. When I went to St. John's there was like one on every street, not really fair if you ask me.

It's definitely not fair and it does make it very unfun if you don't live some place with near and easy access to stops, gyms, etc. =\