Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I live in the country so it's super hot and all I get are Vaporeons and Jolteons sad.gif

I want a Flareon

Someone explained it on youtube. It depends on what move the eevee knows that determines what it evolves into. I believe to get a Flareon the Eevee must know Dig.

Edited by Syiren

That's actually been debunked. It's all RNG.

Edit: RNG and apparently a way to force an Evo!

Link

Edited by beiningtian

Speaking as someone who had NO experience with Pokemon before caving & installing PokemonGo, a lot of you have an advantage! Now, I do have the plus of living in a VERY large city laugh.gif plus being L16 in Ingress. My part of town is also very Ingress intense, so there are a ton of stops & gyms around. It was interesting going at 2am to a local shopping area that is heavily populated with both & finding 20-30 cars in a previously vacant lot!

Actually the only advantage we pokefans have is knowledge on the type advantages, which is limited for most. It takes a pretty die-hard to know every stat change of every type (given there are 18 types in total), and then there's the dual types that I think even happen to act differently depending on the order the types are listed. I've been willing to study those rules, but haven't really gotten to it yet... I know a dual type with both types taking double damage results in 4x damage, and both types taking half the damage results in taking 1/4th the damage. And that immunity has ultimate priority; no stat change can ignore immunity from the other type.

Aside from the typings it's all pretty different. Not even every pokémon retains it's rarity! If you're planning on playing this for a long time to go, I'd suggest you get to studying the other gens as well (Gen II - VI, with Gen VII to come)

Shedinja obviously has the most immunities, given his ability Wonder Guard lets only super effective moves hit. In return for this he can't have more than 1 HP tho... Aside from this I think the current record is in hands of Klefki, with his Steel/Fairy type being immune to Psychic, Poison AND Dragon type moves. I think I get why he doesn't have the ability levitate, that grants immunity to Ground type moves... lol. However, abilities aren't a thing in Pokémon GO (yet at least).

I hope this was kinda helpful, and if you have any questions concerning pokémon, feel free to PM me. I have a fairly big knowledge of it gathered throughout the years and for anything I don't know, I know where to find it.

EDIT: I forgot Steel types lost their immunity to Psychic types in Gen VI, making Klefki have onely 2 immunities. The record is in hands of furthermore Honedge, Doublade and Aegislash, Steel/Ghost types that are immune to Poison, Normal and Fighting type moves. However there are some more examples, although some rely on an ability like Levitate (Ghastly, Haunter, Gengar, Rotom, Misdreavous, Mismagius), Flash Fire (Chandelure) or Water Absorb (Jellicent) to have that third immunity. Furthermore there are Drifloon, Drifblim, Golett, Golurk and Sableye, who have 3 immunities as well.

Edited by Felixr2

That's actually been debunked. It's all RNG.

Edit: RNG and apparently a way to force an Evo!

Link

OMG so all i Have to do is name an eevee Sparky and I'll get the jolteon. >_<

Has anyone else been having trouble getting on Go? Has anyone else heard the servers crashing because of demand?

Has anyone else been having trouble getting on Go? Has anyone else heard the servers crashing because of demand?

Last night and this morning, yes.

Last night and this morning, yes.

Because I was fine at 6 am this morning g getting on but when o came back a few hours later it was down

mm is that thing in pokemon go where straight pokeball throws will randomly curveball a bug or a feature because it's caused me to lose an obscene amount of pokeballs and rare pokemon (pidgeot and clefable to name a few)... im 100% positive im not accidentally curving it the game just forces a random curve sometimes so i never know if i should flick to the side or go for a straight throw and if is a feature is there any way to tell if the ball is going to force-curve so i can adjust my throw for it or do i just have to pray. i feel like it happens more frequently after using an item.

Edited by Switch

I really love Pokemon go, but sadly we have too many Drowzee's, Rattata's, Weedle's and Pidgey's here, but sometimes I am lucky and find some other great Pokemon. Oh by the way I am in team blue. biggrin.gif

@ Birdz: I wished we could trade, I could give you many Drowzee's and Hypno's. smile.gif

Edited by Shajana

switch, pokemon go how to

A target ring will appear around the Pokémon. The ring’s color indicates the difficulty level of capturing the Pokémon. A green ring indicates the capture is low difficulty, orange indicates intermediate difficulty, and red indicates extreme difficulty.

If the ring is red, the pokeball will curve a lot. At level 12 you will start to get great balls, which will drop the ring color and difficulty, much like raspberries. This ratatta has a yellow ring (4), so its moderately difficult and may curve.

user posted image

i knew the colored circle indicated difficulty but i was unsure of how curving played into it. so auto-curving isn't related to razz berry usage? i swear it only ever happened after using them :\ so there's no way to actually tell if a specific ball is going to curve, i just have to guess? sigh i should probably try to learn how to curveball all the time then...

Edited by Switch

The guide says this though?

Tip: Drag and rapidly spin the Poké Ball in a circular motion before you release it for a chance to receive a curveball bonus.

Man, I had no idea you were supposed to touch and hold the Pokeball. I've just been throwing blindly. Doesn't help that the AR sometimes randomly wigs out and slides the Pokemon several meters to the side just as I throw >>

i turned off the AR so the pokemon dont move around, plus it saves battery.

i knew how to manually do a curveball but i didnt really want to take the risk because i only have one pokestop near me so im constantly low on pokeballs... i can usually get nice or great regular throws and that had been working for me in the past but i need to adjust to the auto-curving now or im never gonna catch anything special :\\\

Edited by Switch

Just downloaded go on my dad's phone! It's so much fun, we went out to the park and I caught so many pokemon, including an Eevee. Makes me wish I lived in town so I could be in walking distance of gyms and pokestops. Literally all we have out here is zubats.

Just downloaded go on my dad's phone! It's so much fun, we went out to the park and I caught so many pokemon, including an Eevee. Makes me wish I lived in town so I could be in walking distance of gyms and pokestops. Literally all we have out here is zubats.

I don't have internet or wifi where I live but I go to work and the library a lot so I can catch Pokemon. I now have 65 Pokemon because of it.

The thing with the curving is kinda a tell tail that you should be right about at the next upgrade level. Because the level of wild Pokemon you see is proportionate to your level.

So if you start seeing a lot of pokemon with red rings that indicate they are hard to catch and will curve, use a raspberry to get the ring to orange, then a great ball to get the ring to yellow. Then the ball will have about 1 in 3 chance to curve. While a red ring is closer to 4 of 5 chance to curve.

If you don't have the great ball yet and are seeing lots of red ring pokemon, you should be getting close to that level where they will drop.

Same thing at even higher levels, if the great ball is not dropping the ring color to at least orange/yellow, its about time for you to get the next higher up ball.

mm is that thing in pokemon go where straight pokeball throws will randomly curveball a bug or a feature because it's caused me to lose an obscene amount of pokeballs and rare pokemon (pidgeot and clefable to name a few)... im 100% positive im not accidentally curving it the game just forces a random curve sometimes so i never know if i should flick to the side or go for a straight throw and if is a feature is there any way to tell if the ball is going to force-curve so i can adjust my throw for it or do i just have to pray. i feel like it happens more frequently after using an item.

Ugghh this happens to me a lot. I've lost several high level pikachus to that glitch. It pisses me off so much! I've heard some people will put tape over their phone so there's only a straight shot that can be swiped and at this point I'm tempted to do that haha.

And the servers are down for me again

Edit: I could have hatched my eggs by now sad.gif

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Does anyone have any idea how to grab stuff from pokestops? I'm having a tough time with that, whenever I pass by and click on them, all I get is a picture and said place's name. What do I have to do in order to grab some goodies? tongue.gif

Does anyone have any idea how to grab stuff from pokestops? I'm having a tough time with that, whenever I pass by and click on them, all I get is a picture and said place's name. What do I have to do in order to grab some goodies? tongue.gif

You have to spin the picture

Is anyone else's "nearby Pokemon" thing completely broken? Mine tells me every Pokemon is three paw prints away, even when I'm standing right on top of them.

I caught a Vulpix and a Kabuto today. Someone set a Pokelure near my house and I spent two hours just wandering around my neighbourhood. Pokemon Go is going to make me fit.

Is anyone else's "nearby Pokemon" thing completely broken? Mine tells me every Pokemon is three paw prints away, even when I'm standing right on top of them.

I caught a Vulpix and a Kabuto today. Someone set a Pokelure near my house and I spent two hours just wandering around my neighbourhood. Pokemon Go is going to make me fit.

Mine is broken as well. That is a glitch that they are looking into right now.