Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Can't believe e this didn't have its own thread yet.

Anyone playing? What level are you and team? Whats your beat and worst story? Best catch? Best egg hatches?

#TeamValor

I'm lvl 7 right now, no gyms yet tho. My best catch was a lvl 100 Wartortle.

I had a venesaur show up at my house las night, threw one ball at it, almost caught it, and the leafy coward broke out and ran! I was all like, get your berries back here! xd.png

It's not lvl 100 tho. It's cp 100, this works differently than levels and shouldn't be referred to as such imo. Not every pokémon has the same cp cap, you can't be "halfway your next cp", cuz you don't earn cp with experience... There's a bunch of differences. Also, an actual lvl 100 wartortle (in official games using the level system) would be really bad, as it's impossible to evolve it into blastoise forever.

I can't get Pokemon Go to actually load on my phone. =\

And my iPad loses GPS every few minutes, so I have to start it, catch a Pokemon, then close it and wait a while for GPS to automatically show up.

Which makes it very slow going for catching. I'm only level 3. And I unless I can walk to a battle station with wifi, I'm never gonna be able to battle. Urgh, darn phone.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It's only been out a few days, and half my school is playing. I've also spotted a couple people playing it on the streets!

Although, I'm wary of Pokestop Lures I see at night... who knows if it's an ambush set up by someone else. Stay safe!

I can't get Pokemon Go to actually load on my phone. =\

And my iPad loses GPS every few minutes, so I have to start it, catch a Pokemon, then close it and wait a while for GPS to automatically show up.

Which makes it very slow going for catching. I'm only level 3. And I unless I can walk to a battle station with wifi, I'm never gonna be able to battle. Urgh, darn phone.

In fact, they're eventually going to get rid of wifi and do everything with GPS. Soon you will be able to battle! (if you don't lose GPS...)

In fact, they're eventually going to get rid of wifi and do everything with GPS. Soon you will be able to battle! (if you don't lose GPS...)

Whoo, thanks for the update! That's awesome. If I could get it to work on my phone, that'd be great. iPad is working as long as I'm patient, lol.

What level are you and team?

Not there yet, but not sure if I'll go Mystic or Instinct. Maaaaybe leaning towards Mystic.

No sock! Don't be twisted by the allure of the Articuno, team instinct needs more members sad.gif

I am strongly regretting joining team instinct like my brother and cousin o_o

Just watched a video of the big Pokemon GO walk down in sydney. An aussie internet personality started a group inviting people to walk around sydney, and there ended up being THOUSANDS of people! Looked like it would've been really cool to attend.

Ohhh, share the link? biggrin.gif I heard about that, but haven't seen any video.

And I'm glad everyone is having such a good time. People are very nice in my area. We all wish each other good luck and happy hunting whenever we pass each other on the street. cool.gif And last night I helped a younger player who was looking for a Bulbasuar in an apartment complex too. smile.gif All sorts of ages all helping each other in their quest to be the very best.

This is what Pokemon is all about.

Oh, and I'm on Team Instinct, though there are a lot more Mystic players in my area. Guess everyone likes the color blue. xd.png

Edited by Gamekatt101

They were talking about Pokémon Go on my local radio station earlier this morning about how big this game is. Though, they're not fans and they totally butchered the names. (one guy called it po-kee-man)

One of the stories they read was of another type of convention turning into a pokemon convention because everyone pulled out their phones and started hunting for them just because someone spotted a Squirtle in the swimming pool and a Psyduck in the library.

I know not everyone is a pokemon fan, but I just can't help but laugh a little. They said there were originally 300 of them and now there's over 42,000. They also said pokemon had died off for a few years and now its coming back.

I don't think it ever died off, otherwise it wouldn't be celebrating 20 years.

By the end of the broadcast two of the guys in the studio said they were curious about it, but don't want to get it because they're afraid they'd like it. xd.png

So... is this the pokemon GO thread then?

I'm loving the game thus far - I currently own a gym in town (though I expect it to be taken from me quickly, I'm shocked I've had it for 12 hours) and the local cool crest continually has lures at its three poke stops. I think an employee is doing it, I like to go loiter there tongue.gif

So... is this the pokemon GO thread then?

I'm loving the game thus far - I currently own a gym in town (though I expect it to be taken from me quickly, I'm shocked I've had it for 12 hours) and the local cool crest continually has lures at its three poke stops. I think an employee is doing it, I like to go loiter there tongue.gif

It literally started on page 8. I asked the mod if Pokémon Go should be it's own thread since it's so popular or if it should just stay under here

I went to the mall a bit ago with my younger brother who has the pokemon app on his ipad. There was a gym at the cheesecake factory, a pokespot at a kids play area and just outside the Barnes and Nobles.

It's hilarious how easily we could spot people playing Pokemon Go on their phones. He started yelling out "Ah! My people!" xd.png

I'm so excited to get it set up. There's a pokespot at a local gas station in walking distance from my job. smile.gif

Edited by Daydreamer09

No sock! Don't be twisted by the allure of the Articuno, team instinct needs more members sad.gif

x3 I gotta see how many gyms pop up in my area - might affect my decision. On vacay right now, so can't tell what where I live will be like.

~

Shoot. Restarted my iPad to try and get GPS to work better and now the game won't work at all. Thinking I'm going to have to delete the app and re-install. I don't want to risk losing my progress, though. I've caught a meowth and a primeape and I don't want to lose them. Dx

x3 I gotta see how many gyms pop up in my area - might affect my decision. On vacay right now, so can't tell what where I live will be like.

~

Shoot. Restarted my iPad to try and get GPS to work better and now the game won't work at all. Thinking I'm going to have to delete the app and re-install. I don't want to risk losing my progress, though. I've caught a meowth and a primeape and I don't want to lose them. Dx

I think you keep them if you have a trainer account or a google account

Can't be sure tho

I've found that the gyms turn over frequently, even multiple times a day. I've visited a pokestop with a lure today in the afternoon there were at least twenty people paused at the street corner with their phones out. It's amazing.

A middle-aged man passed by us and muttered about teens always being on their phones, but he doesn't know... xd.png

I think you keep them if you have a trainer account or a google account

Can't be sure tho

Yeah, with all the issues, I was paranoid it might eat it, but it turned out fine! Had to restart my iPad about 10 times, though. And if I open it without internet connectivity, I have to reset my iPad again. >_>

~

Finally got a sandshrew and an eevee! There's a geodude and a ponyta that's been evading me since I can't actually keep GPS signal long enough to walk to anything. >_> And my parents house has absolutely nothing. No pokemon nearby, no stops, no gyms. Nothing. =o

I've found that the gyms turn over frequently, even multiple times a day.

I noticed the same!

Hooray the two gyms near my place are now yellow team biggrin.gif

Gonna need to go to some pokestops soon, nearly out of pokeballs :/

Downloaded and played the night it came out. Which happened to be my day off so i spent it caching pokemons. I'm up to level 12 and just evolved an eevee into a 920 flarion. Its my best one yet. smile.gif

I have 3 eeveeloutions, all Flarions. I read somewhere that the different secondary (body slam, dig and swift) on eevee's will evolve into the different versions. It's all hearsay right now, but i want something other than a flairion!

Team Mystic!!

My work is a stop and across the street is a Gym, I'll take the gym on my breaks/ lunch and loose it within a half hour. tongue.gif

So much fun!!!!!

A friend and I went after our first gym with our new Flareons today. We took it down, but I managed to accidentally put a wimpy Krabby in to defend it so we lost it again after about thirty minutes xd.png

Almost all of the gyms out here are Instinct, though, so that's fantastic wink.gif

Yup, don't get tooo attached to a gym - they change hands extremely fast.

I fought tooth and nail with three other people in the parking lot of a church to win a gym. I've been going back and re-taking it for 24 hours, people keep stealing it from me tongue.gif

Though there is this one 'infamous' trainer in my town - he's blue team (my team, woo!) and owns 90% of the gyms in the area. You always see him on top of them with a 1000 cp+ pokemon. Dunno how he got them all so fast. SwoleyPoley is his name and it makes me laugh. I want to meet him.

Team Mystic here! There's only 2 pokespots and 3 gyms around where I'm at. 2 currently under my team and one being fought to get taken back from both Instinct and/or Valor.

Downloaded and played the night it came out. Which happened to be my day off so i spent it caching pokemons. I'm up to level 12 and just evolved an eevee into a 920 flarion. Its my best one yet. smile.gif

I have 3 eeveeloutions, all Flarions. I read somewhere that the different secondary (body slam, dig and swift) on eevee's will evolve into the different versions. It's all hearsay right now, but i want something other than a flairion!

Team Mystic!!

My work is a stop and across the street is a Gym, I'll take the gym on my breaks/ lunch and loose it within a half hour. tongue.gif

So much fun!!!!!

Perhaps flareon is just taking it's revenge on you for spelling it's name wrong. tongue.gif

I'm Team Mystic here. There are quite a few Pokestops near where I am and several gyms too. They're mostly dominated by Valor and Instinct though. Though, yesterday, two of them were in Mystic's hands. I couldn't leave a Pokemon at the one that remained constantly in Mystic's control, and the one at the park kept going back and forth between Mystic and Instinct (Instinct's 886 Snorlax was a beast).

Hey everyone!

I found out something pretty important! If you open the little menu (like if you were to go to your pokedex, items, pokemon etc.) if you look in the upper right corner, above "tips" there is "settings". In settings you can activate/deactivate various things INCLUDING A POWER SAVE MODE! It really does help save your power (even more so if you have your device's settings to save power too). Hope that helps smile.gif

Also, Team Valor here!

Well Clya, thanks for the tip. Definitely gonna try that. Sad we're gonna be enemies tho, as I'm probably gonna join team mystic. I don't really want to be represented by a bird with zigzaggy wings or a burning turkey...

Edited by Felixr2

Well Clya, thanks for the tip. Definitely gonna try that. Sad we're gonna be enemies tho, as I'm probably gonna join team mystic. I don't really want to be represented by a bird with zigzaggy wings or a burning turkey...

Moltres is amazing how could you not like it ;o;

Jokes aside, glad I could help! I honestly don't think many people know it's there, it still drains your battery a bit, but not nearly as bad.

(And I've always gone for fire so that might have swayed my choices into Valor xd.png)