Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I'm actually a huge fan of the idea of niantic re-scaling the leveling system because honestly.... seven years.... it's really. Bad.

But yea honestly anyone over 36 is probably hacking, or just a really fanatic player without a day job. It's POSSIBLE to be 39-40 by now, but.... very.... very difficult and you would have had to dedicate hours a day.

Holy cow. Was curious and looked up a calculator. It'll still take me 5 years to reach level 40 with about 10k XP a day. =o

I definitely hope they scale that so it's a bit less ridiculous.

~

Orange level 4 raid egg popped up on my radar, but we were driving past it, and I found another magikarp raid. I need me those candies! The level 4 turned out to be a rhydon, so I'm not disappointed to have skipped it over for the magikarp. I am a little upset my clefable didn't stay in the gym long enough to get five more coins so I can get another incubator.

Gotta go back home in a couple days. Kinda excited to take a few days from my mom so I can do some more hardcore playing, build up some pokeballs, and try to get some more coins. My mom's really nice about making sure I get to play every day, but I'm not gonna make her play two hours a day when we could be out and hiking/biking/kayaking. laugh.gif

I wonder if you can get shiny karps from the raids? I still don't have one.

So I did two more raids today and they turned out better! Turned up at a tyranitar raid after work and.... so did 10 other people. We beat it easily! I didn't manage to catch it though, boo, but hey my first victory.

Then I grouped up with some of those people and went to another gym down the street and took down a blastoise. Caught it this time, but of course I already had one, pfft.

I wonder if you can get shiny karps from the raids? I still don't have one.

So I did two more raids today and they turned out better! Turned up at a tyranitar raid after work and.... so did 10 other people. We beat it easily! I didn't manage to catch it though, boo, but hey my first victory.

Then I grouped up with some of those people and went to another gym down the street and took down a blastoise. Caught it this time, but of course I already had one, pfft.

I was wondering the same thing! Apparently one person has, but they didn't screenie with the premium ball and the magikarp in the picture, so I'm not sure if I believe it. =U

Congrats, especially on the tyranitar!

Is there a IV calculator I can use that wont get me banned or require access to my account? Having one I can access via browser that is updated wont be bad either. So browser or app version don't matter.

Is there a IV calculator I can use that wont get me banned or require access to my account? Having one I can access via browser that is updated wont be bad either. So browser or app version don't matter.

I use this one for browser, you'll have to input the stats yourself.

I'm really disliking the new gyms. I have hardly gotten anything since the change at least with the old system I could get something each day... maybe when I level my badges?

Unsure how we'll defeat level 4 raids without organising. I tried one but there was only 3 of us and we hardly made a dent. laugh.gif

I hate these raids because I really do not want meet other people while playing, especially since most of them here are just some bratty kids. Ugh Niantic, trying to make me more social! Well since I don't really go to gyms anyway, the high powered Pokes are not that big a deal for me, but it would've been nice if I could do something on my own raid-wise.

I like that the gyms now also give you items! I also like to feed my berries to my team's Pokemons low on health, feels like I'm contributing in some way at least. Did any of you have any Pokestops removed from your area? My mom's upset because some were removed from her regular route, but honestly the place was dense with them so maybe it was the right thing to do. They didn't even turn to gyms, they were just removed.

I am Level 31 with 245645/500000 ... still so much work until the next level. xd.png

But I have much fun with the new raids, but I really wish there where more people playing the game, some of the raid bosses are too hard to fight with too less people.

I hate these raids because I really do not want meet other people while playing, especially since most of them here are just some bratty kids. Ugh Niantic, trying to make me more social! Well since I don't really go to gyms anyway, the high powered Pokes are not that big a deal for me, but it would've been nice if I could do something on my own raid-wise.

Well... the goal of the game has always been to get people out and being social.

I've met some people that are really stoked the game finally introduced a real social feature - everyone is pretty friendly and I was surprised by the amount of older folks that play, at least in my town. Some don't even have kids, it was making me laugh - at that raid where I had 10 people with me, two were teens, and the rest were either people my age with jobs or married adults (older than me ie not in their 20s) and one PTA mom who had started the blue team facebook group lol.

But yea I feel you on the not wholly wanting to be social thing. You CAN just show up to raids in your car (if you drive) and join without getting out, lol. You can just hop in and piggy back without talking to anyone.

I never play outside the events anymore due to the fact I'm in a dead zone. It's going to take more than several years for me to reach level 40 in the game because of it. I think I'm level 24 right now.

I keep getting close to new evolution unlocks and pushing back my lucky-egg-evolve spree. xP Walking scyther - still need a few more candies, and now I'm less than 10 candies to a wheezing, so I'll have to walk that next. If I keep hatching poliwags, I'll also get close enough to politaod to wanna walk for that. >.> I do need to evolve some more common things, though - I've already had to get more dex space twice now. =o (Thank goodness I had the coins!)

Honestly, the first raid I showed up to has been the only one with people at it. One guy stayed in his car. I think the other might have been in the building. And the guy with me outside, we both sat turned away from each other. xD

If you're really worried, I'd say either stay in your car (if you have one) or put some earphones in as the universal gesture for "leave me alone". There's plenty of us playing who are introverted and/or asocial and/or simply shy! =p

In smaller areas, it definitely is gonna be hard to organize enough for harder raids, though. Kinda wish PoGo had a messaging system OR alerted you to raids further out than they do. The level 4 yesterday was in a spot you really only see if you're driving by that light at that moment. =U

I haven't noticed any stops just gone, though. o_O

I am Level 31 with 245645/500000 ... still so much work until the next level.

Halfway through's excellent progress! I'm only about 1/4 of the way through level 32. xP

What is the maximum number of evolutions you can egg during one Lucky Egg?

I am not sure how to feel about the raids right now. Going around with other people seems nervewracking, though I have talked with other people around lures, so it probably would not be that bad. There is really no other way I would have interest in gyms anyway.

In smaller areas, it definitely is gonna be hard to organize enough for harder raids, though. Kinda wish PoGo had a messaging system OR alerted you to raids further out than they do. The level 4 yesterday was in a spot you really only see if you're driving by that light at that moment. =U

My town organized a pokemon go facebook group to fix this! There's a '-town's name- Raid strike force' group where people post where raids are, what their times are and if anyone is coming, and generally coordinate.

It might be worth searching facebook for something similar, since I doubt my tiny rural town is the only one that's had this idea.

I do wish the radius for tracking raids was wider, though. You really can't track them until they're on your screen anyway, and for rural towns that doesn't work. This was suggested on forbes, too, so we're not the only ones.

Urgh, tried a level 3 raid for a vaporeon by myself because no one to play with. Knocked it down to just 1/4 CP left and got defeated. </3 I totally could have done with it another higher level user or possibly two lower user players. (Suggested 13 players, lmao. The level 1 magikarps suggested 5, which I found hilarious.) The raid only had like 15 minutes left. If I'd gotten there when it started, I might have been able to team up. D|

Also saw another person confirm you can rarely get candies by feeding pokes in gyms. It's yet to happen to me, but I've also been busy with my mom, so haven't fed all that many pokemon.

Also, also, just realized that the Ace Trainer badge is now essentially useless and at a standstill because you can no longer train at gyms. I wish I could just get rid of the dang thing. It's going to be 100000% annoying to have it partially completed and unable to work on it. =|

Finally, I'm nearing my gold jogger badge! Still like 150 km to go but I'm getting there!

Both eggs were different colors though, the first one was orange and this one is pink. What do the different colors mean?

So apparently pink = easiest, orange = hard, and blue = super hard and rare pokemon, but no one's confirmed seeing one yet.

What is the maximum number of evolutions you can egg during one Lucky Egg?

Depending on your phone lag, it takes pokemon about 20 - 25 seconds to evolve, so if you booked it, you can technically aim for 60 evolutions for one lucky egg. I typically have some scrolling to do, sometimes transfer pokemon as I go, and even sometimes appraise my pokes first, so I typically get anywhere from 50 - 55 evolves done. Just evolved some commons (so I can transfer and get some space) and got 54 evolves done. Half hour for 54k XP? Totally worth it. ;3

I have about 15 (a little less, maybe actually 12 or 13?) unlocks, which I plan on going through and favoriting pokemon so I can easily and quickly evolve those first. That should get me 30k XP alone. Seeing the unlock screen will take a bit more time than regularly evolving, so I might get another 30 - 35 evolves done, resulting in some 60k XP total.

Totally worth it to save up evolves and lucky egg evolve them. I can feel like I haven't gotten anywhere in ages, then use up my evolves and get a huge XP boost.

My town organized a pokemon go facebook group to fix this! There's a '-town's name- Raid strike force' group where people post where raids are, what their times are and if anyone is coming, and generally coordinate.

Yeah, I have to drive 30 minutes to town in order to actually play and there's so many pokestops there people have mostly created groups for specific gyms. Which is a lot of groups to potentially join, not to mention find. =x

Finally won a raid last night. It was an executor. I got 2 rare candies out of it as well.

Do coins stop accumulating at a certain point? I put in two pokemon at two gyms, so if they stay there for 2+ days, would I get the 50 per day? or is it not worth keeping them in there as long as possible and have my friend knock them out for me and then put them back in right after to start the clock again?

Depending on your phone lag, it takes pokemon about 20 - 25 seconds to evolve, so if you booked it, you can technically aim for 60 evolutions for one lucky egg. I typically have some scrolling to do, sometimes transfer pokemon as I go, and even sometimes appraise my pokes first, so I typically get anywhere from 50 - 55 evolves done. Just evolved some commons (so I can transfer and get some space) and got 54 evolves done. Half hour for 54k XP? Totally worth it. ;3

Ahh, nice. I have about 30 ready to evolve right now, so not much further until I can do that. Though I do wish the graphics were simpler all around... I have some issues with frames skipping and overall worry about what a drain the nice 3D shapes have on my battery.

How is singleplayer gym fighting right now? Is it still fighting the same couple of Pokemon over and over again until you gradually get the levels down? There are a few in my area that I think I could handle if I tried, but if it still takes that much time I don't know if I'll bother unless a raid is going on.

How is singleplayer gym fighting right now? Is it still fighting the same couple of Pokemon over and over again until you gradually get the levels down? There are a few in my area that I think I could handle if I tried, but if it still takes that much time I don't know if I'll bother unless a raid is going on.

You go and fight one, and when you defeat it it loses some CP (not forever, just while it's in there) and then you move onto the next (or you can stop if you want). When your team is defeated or you defeat the whole gym, you can start over. When it reaches a low enough heart thingy and you defeat it, it's kicked out. It gets easier and easier to beat it as you keep fighting.

Ahh, nice. I have about 30 ready to evolve right now, so not much further until I can do that. Though I do wish the graphics were simpler all around... I have some issues with frames skipping and overall worry about what a drain the nice 3D shapes have on my battery.

Yeah. Been hoping for some way to skip the evolution screen, at least. Once you've seen 30 or so pidgeys evolve, it gets tiresome to watch. xP

So there are no gym levels anymore, but you can think of a pokemon's motivation like a a gym level. Each poke in the gym will have its own motivation, which determines its CP. If it's at full motivation, then it's the actual CP. If it's been battled (or I believe, motivation gradually and slowly ticks down over time), then it's motivation will be lower, which results in a lower CP. I've only battled one gym through, I think it took three or four times to knock out the fully motivated blissey, while the other pokes were at low motivation, so it only took one battle to knock them out. The first time I battled the Blissey, I couldn't beat it - but even though I lost, motivation still went down a little, and I was able to beat Blissey the next few times, especially as it got gradually easier.

So you still have to battle a gym a few times to take it over, but:

- There's only six pokes in the gym instead of potentially 10, so it's doable by yourself

- Each round gets successively quicker since the pokes motivation and CP is going down quite a bit each time.

- Plus, only one poke of each kind in a gym at a time, so no more struggling through fighting four+ Blissey's to take a gym.

I haven't had time to do too much battling yet, but I find it much nicer and more enjoyable.

And good luck on getting those last few pokes to try luck egg evolving with!

Do coins stop accumulating at a certain point? I put in two pokemon at two gyms, so if they stay there for 2+ days, would I get the 50 per day? or is it not worth keeping them in there as long as possible and have my friend knock them out for me and then put them back in right after to start the clock again?

I haven't got to do much battling yet, so I'm not actually sure. =x I would hope that whether you've got your poke in for an extended amount of time or you knock it out and replace it every two days, you'd get at least roughly the same amount of coins, but I can't actually say for sure. =o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

There's a rumor there will be a shiny pikachu for the anniversary of the game.

There's another rumor that legendaries will be released at pokemon go fest, and then to the rest of us after they're beaten by the attendees of the fest.

Yesssss, finally unlocked muk by beating a level 2 one at a raid! (Barely beat it by myself. I thought I was gonna have help, as there were two people there earlier battling, and I was pretty sure the guy sitting there in the truck was waiting for the raid to begin, but he might have been waiting to battle with a friend or something.)

Of course, I still need to unlock grimer, lol. xP

As soon as I got home, someone posted about a level 4 tyranitar downtown, but I was supposed to be having dinner with my family, and I wouldn't have made it in time anyway. =(

Kinda frustrated by the daily coin limit, as I had a pokemon get kicked out right before two days and ended up with 50 coins rather than 100, but I'm really enjoying keeping a gym for a few hours and getting 50 coins, rather than only finding one gym to fit in and getting 10 coins a day. >D

I have two pokes that are two hours away from three days. The gym at the end of my street gets turned over so fast now it makes my head spin. Lol.. I put my poke in the gym last night and woke up to find it returned to me with 32 coins. Then put it back in on my walk to work and it stayed to get me 11 coins. Put it back in again on the way home and got another five coins.

I have two pokes that are two hours away from three days. The gym at the end of my street gets turned over so fast now it makes my head spin. Lol.. I put my poke in the gym last night and woke up to find it returned to me with 32 coins. Then put it back in on my walk to work and it stayed to get me 11 coins. Put it back in again on the way home and got another five coins.

=o That's awesome!

There's a gym at the park I go to that is so high turnover, I don't imagine many people get coins from it unless they're the last one to stick their pokes in before the park gates close.

~

Yesssss, my patience paid off! Just hatched a good chansey to evolve. >D Gonna wait and hatch my second 10k to see what it is, then I'll finally get to do my lucky egg unlocking evolve spree! (Walking scyther and got the final candy I needed today and hatched a koffing to get enough candy to unlock weezing, so I don't have to walk it!)

A few days ago, I finally participated in my first raid battle. It was with two members of my own team and one of another. (I was the lowest leveled) It was a magikarp, and it got beaten within like two seconds. I caught it with a pinap berry, so I got a magikarp that is my best and also six candy. Apparently raid battles are now down below level 25, because I'm still at 24.

Edit: Oh, and I evolved an ivysaur(?) into a venusaur(?), which was an unlock.

Edited by Peachycupcake525

The other day I participated in a Raid Battle with a level 4 Pokemon. There was well over 30 people that were there. It was a mix match of Valor Mystic and instinct and it was so much fun. My team managed to Beat It. It was a really strong Tyranitar at over 34000 CP. I ended up with nine premier balls to try and catch it, but it was hard he was moving around so much everytime you toss the ball he would just flick it away. I ran out of premier balls but it was still cool and fun there's another level 4 happening at the same gym in less than an hour. I want to go and see what rare Pokemon it'll have this time but at the same time there's a pretty good thunderstorm coming this way so I don't think I'm going to go out for it. I can still see what it is from my house though because the gym is close enough.

Eta: I take that back a friend texted me and said that he's going to head down there so it looks like I'm going to go meet up with him and try it out. Wish me luck guys I hope it's something awesome and I hope I can catch it. smile.gif

Edited by Syiren