Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I have like 11 pikahats now lol, one is almost 500cp with decent IVS. I am getting my  5th feraligatr soon and I will have 300ish candies left. Dem totodiles and evos all around, same with psyduck and poliwags, got my  4th poliwrath and 200 candies left aswell. Being a Valor member but hoarding water pokes, well what can I say, living by the sea... I am rarely seeing dratinis now... I want to get another dragonite :( . Also Lapras become super rare, there used to be a spawn here spawns, seeing more Magmars and Electrabuzzes around now and it bothers me because I dont like both until Magmortar and Electrivire release , they are pretty useless. 

Edited by rayheart

Caught a Yanma today, which lead me to the golden Johto medal (caught 70 gen 2 pokemon)! I unlocked Scizor and Igglypuff a few days earlier too. Sadly we have a guest at our place at the moment so we can't go on our long Pokemon walks right now, which means no raiding or gym takeovers. 

Btw, I though the Ash hat Pikachu was the peak of cuteness, but then I hatched a hat Pichu and oh my gosh have I ever seen anything cuter.

I just caught my first dratini. It's only 10cp, but it was an unlock.

Congratz on the new catches and unlocks. I caught a Gyarados with1.6k cp and a Charizard with 928 cp at Marina of our city. I also caught a 772 cp totodile with great IVs and evolved to another Feraligatr. A 144cp magicarp popped up while I was walking back home and it had great IVs and I evolved it to  Gyarados  and it had bite and outrage which is awesome. Caught many other great IV pokes , still no luck on three and four star raids , noone really does them in my city and it breaks my time and I have seen of Screenshots of people that caught shiny magicarp from raid carp.

My 2km was another krabby, not a pichuhat. =(

Finally did my lucky egg unlock! So I'm interesting in hearing from ya'll on some updated stats. o3o

Level:

Kanto Unlocks:

Johto Unlocks:

km Walked:

Defended Gyms Hours:

Mine:

Level: 32 (but will make 33 in another day or so)

Kanto Unlocks: 140

Johto Unlocks: 83

km Walked: 927.2

Defended Gyms Hours: 795

(And closing in on a tyrannitar, but I hatched a better larvitar than the pupitar I have, so I need 20 more candies. xP Plus, went on a hike with my mom. No stops anywhere, but a machop, charmander, and cyndaquil popped up. o_O )

Here are my stats:

Level: 26 (close to 27, I curse the break I took from the game during the winter when it was just too damn cold to play)

Kanto Unlocks: 134

Johto Unlocks: 70

km Walked: 536,7

Defended Gyms Hours: 32

I had a few off days from the gyms because all the close ones were suddenly filled with Mystic pokemons and I didn't have the time or energy to try and beat. This morning the closest one had only one Blissey from Mystic (this guy always goes there alone and beats everyone and just puts his faithful Blissey there) so we took that over with my boyfriend. Also hatched a Tangela from 5K, which was an unlock, woop!

My Current Stats after a break I gave.

Level: 31

Kanto Unlocks: 146

Johto Unlocks: 83

km Walked: 1.105

Defended Gyms Hours: 374

Wish I have never gave a break Y.Y  ,  I could be higher lvl and had better pokes . I have seen a Shiny Gyarados in a Gym, I am jealous lol. I want one so badly.

Caught a 1286 cp seadra and evolved to Kingdra, my second Kingdra but there is something I dont understand , our leader says ( valors ) it may not do well in battle but she says " I am Blown by its stats , WOW" lol. Looks like she is sarcastic. 

Edited by rayheart

Level: 26

Kanto Unlocks: 108

Johto Unlocks: 56

km Walked: 92.5

Defended Gyms Hours: 228

Not really all that impressive haha. Hopefully I can do better when I go on vacation in a couple days.

Level: 23

Kanto Unlocks: 83
Johto Unlocks: 21

km walked: 227.9

Defend gym hours: 30

Not nearly as far as most of you, but oh well. I'll get there.

I hatched a Pichu with Ash's hat today XD

Level: 30

Kanto Unlocks: 135

Johto Unlocks: 68

km Walked: 483.3

Defended Gyms Hours: 113

Work has kept me busy lately. Pokemon go becomes less and less important when you're living paycheck to paycheck, but I've gotten back into it with raids.

4 hours ago, rayheart said:

Another 10km egg hatched to a Gligar........this is my 3rd..

Aw shook, Gligars come from 10Ks too? I hate hatching 10Ks nowadays because it's just so much effort for a poke I already have and don't need the candy for, like Sudowoodo, Mantine or Miltank... I much prefer the 2Ks and 5Ks, even though I'd really want to get a Mareep or a Chansey.

57 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Oh man I STILL don't have a chansey.

I know right, I dont know how people gets like 5 Blisseys with 2.8kcps or something. =_=". I cant even find a single Chansey.

Caught my first Ditto! I wasn't the one who caught it, actually... I was putting away groceries with my phone on the table, saw a Rattata popped up, and asked her to catch it for me. She did, screen went funny, I asked her what she did and there it was. Since she caught it, I told her she should name it. "I'm Dew and I'm Stupid" didn't fit, so now I have a Ditto named "You're Mom".

Thanks for all the stats replies! I always think it's interesting to see where everyone's at, especially since I always feel really behind because most the people active in the fb groups are people who somehow have time to dedicate a full work week amount of hours into playing PoGo every week. >_e Someone posted a screenie sometime like less than a week after the new gym system was implemented and was already at 900+ hours defending gyms. Like holy crap.

~

Made level 33 the other day! >D Now I feel goal-less, though, lmao. Getting to level 35 is something over 2 mill XP to get... Could go pretty slow. >_e

3 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Thanks for all the stats replies! I always think it's interesting to see where everyone's at, especially since I always feel really behind because most the people active in the fb groups are people who somehow have time to dedicate a full work week amount of hours into playing PoGo every week. >_e Someone posted a screenie sometime like less than a week after the new gym system was implemented and was already at 900+ hours defending gyms. Like holy crap.

~

Made level 33 the other day! >D Now I feel goal-less, though, lmao. Getting to level 35 is something over 2 mill XP to get... Could go pretty slow. >_e

Goal-less? I dont really care about lvling after 30 , go catch better pokes and evolve , get better cp pokes with the best IVs. Goals never end for  me lol. I am still lacking Tyranitar, a high cp Snorlax, Lapras and Blissey. I am after those right now. Btw, today is a nice day for me, I caught a Feraligatr with 2.1k cp which has great IVS, a Vaporeon with 2.7k cp with great IVs and a 1.7k cp Lanturn in less than an hour by the beach lol. I am melted by the sun tho. I am sitting at home now. My house  has 5 poke spawns and a pokestop. :D Gonna farm balls and berries afking at home playing other games.

So I live across the street from an art museum, and the pokestop there just got turned into a Gym. So now of course I must lay claim to it. It's in my home territory.

Problem being I never went to that pokestop bc the museum is only open for four hours each day, and I felt weird tromping around their grounds outside of business hours... Like, really don't want the cops called on me lol.

So I guess I'll only have a four hour window to attack that gym each day, lol.

14 hours ago, rayheart said:

Goal-less? I dont really care about lvling after 30 , go catch better pokes and evolve , get better cp pokes with the best IVs. Goals never end for  me lol. I am still lacking Tyranitar, a high cp Snorlax, Lapras and Blissey. I am after those right now. Btw, today is a nice day for me, I caught a Feraligatr with 2.1k cp which has great IVS, a Vaporeon with 2.7k cp with great IVs and a 1.7k cp Lanturn in less than an hour by the beach lol. I am melted by the sun tho. I am sitting at home now. My house  has 5 poke spawns and a pokestop. :D Gonna farm balls and berries afking at home playing other games.

That's not like a concrete goal you can specifically meet - it's basically an everlasting goal that you're constantly working towards. That's already how I play, but before this, I wanted to get to 33 since that was the average level that was keeping gyms (and just decided to keep the goal after the gym upgrade). It gave me something to work towards and a reason to catch all the pokes I was. So now I'm not sure what to aim for, unless I wanna say 'screw it' and just aim for level 35. =p I could aim to fully evolve all the pokes I have unlocked the lower forms for but making something like "catching a better blissey" is kinda a listless goal, as I can't force the game to show me some good chansey to catch. =U

(Plus, even leveling up past 30 can help you catch pokes with better CP and stats. And at halfway through 32, I also noticed I was seeing more evolved forms of pokes as well.)

That's just how I play, though. I'm not telling you how to play. ;p

7 hours ago, Kaini said:

So I live across the street from an art museum, and the pokestop there just got turned into a Gym. So now of course I must lay claim to it. It's in my home territory.

Problem being I never went to that pokestop bc the museum is only open for four hours each day, and I felt weird tromping around their grounds outside of business hours... Like, really don't want the cops called on me lol.

So I guess I'll only have a four hour window to attack that gym each day, lol.

I haven't got in trouble for this yet, and I've played pretty late at night. xP I figure if it's a closed business where no one is around (and I'm not trespassing), who's really gonna notice or care? I feel much more awkward loitering someplace that I don't plan on actually going into or buying something from. =p

The purpose of the game is catching the best pokes so? And everyone can see the same pokes no matter what lvl is and the cp of the pokemon after lvl 30 is the same between lvl 30 to 40 , so a lvl 30 and a 40 will have the same cp of the pokemon they encounter, only thing thats good for lvl 30+ for each level, you can lvl up the cp of the pokes that are maxed till lvl 40. And yes having the rare pokes are the goals of almost everyones' ;)   

6 minutes ago, rayheart said:

The purpose of the game is catching the best pokes so?

And yes having the rare pokes are the goals of almost everyones' ;)   

I'm just saying that these basic goals don't really motivate me to play. I like having a concrete goal I can actually work towards - like having a finish line to race for (problem being, as I said, what do I want do once you finish, lol?). Catching pokemon is just how I meet goals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, I know that feeling , thats why I gave a break actually , but new pokes and new mechanics got me back, espically the  gym stystem is fun for me. I like capturing Gyms. 

I was catching a pidgey that showed up at my house, and I just kind of threw it at it, and it was an excellent throw! Since I started on March 6, 2017, I haven't gotten many of those, so I'm proud of myself! There was a red gym that someone was beating, and we jumped into the battle at the last second (I was playing with another person at that time) and the other person with me got their rhydon in. I was worried that the person who did all of the work was on a different team than us, but they weren't, luckily.

Was in Denver for a day, which was full of electric pokes! I nabbed one electrode, one voltorb, and several magnemite. So made a small dent in my steel (finally hit my silver steel badge!) and electric badges.

Caught an electabuzz in Colorado Springs but that was my only exciting grab there.

And yet with all the electric types I grabbed in Denver, not one pikahat. Honestly, they should have just skipped the anniversary event and announced what cool things they have in the works. However, I did hear they re-opened the ability for level 12+ ingress players to create portals, which will become pokestops. So I just noticed that the entrance I actually use to get to my house is a stop, and I no longer have to go the long way!