Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Had the day off yesterday, so my friend and I went around downtown taking on raids and catching stuff for stardust. He finally got his first dragonite and I powered up mine to 2937CP. Also caught a wild Pinser at 2147CP and it's power surprised me. I expected it to suck, but it did really good against a lvl3 Alakazam raid boss. My friend and I both tried to get it, but it was too strong and for some reason it's charge attack didn't need any charge. I swear, that thing wasn't fair. My Lapras and Rhydon are TANKS yet it took them down in two hits each. WHAT EVEN IS THIS!!

I hatched some 2Ks yesterday. One was my third Togepi and the other was a poopy Nidoran. I've been trying to hatch the Ash-hat pichu, but no luck. I did catch a 574CP Ash-hat Pikachu, but it's the only boy one I have and I wanna keep it a pikachu, even though its stats are perfect for a Raichu. TT^TT

Finally unlocked a Kingdra yesterday and caught my first Magmar from a raid. Yesterday was a good day.

2 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I expected it to suck, but it did really good against a lvl3 Alakazam raid boss. My friend and I both tried to get it, but it was too strong and for some reason it's charge attack didn't need any charge.

I'm wondering if niantec didn't change something for raids. I battled a level 1 bayleaf and level 2 crooncraw in Denver and both took more than half the premier balls I'd been given. I had like three left by the time I finally caught crooncraw. The first time I've ever used golden razz berries (on both!), too. I pretty easily caught a level 2 bayleaf and level 2 crooncraw from raids before. So niantec might have thought their system was too easy or something and tweaked it. =|

3 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I'm wondering if niantec didn't change something for raids. I battled a level 1 bayleaf and level 2 crooncraw in Denver and both took more than half the premier balls I'd been given. I had like three left by the time I finally caught crooncraw. The first time I've ever used golden razz berries (on both!), too. I pretty easily caught a level 2 bayleaf and level 2 crooncraw from raids before. So niantec might have thought their system was too easy or something and tweaked it. =|

Well they definitely didn't need to for the lvl4's. I've beaten 2 Tyranitars and still failed to catch one, and the group I was fighting it with had mixed results too and only about a third managed to catch it. One lucky punk got a crit capture. *pouts*

On 7/15/2017 at 7:54 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I haven't got in trouble for this yet, and I've played pretty late at night. xP I figure if it's a closed business where no one is around (and I'm not trespassing), who's really gonna notice or care? I feel much more awkward loitering someplace that I don't plan on actually going into or buying something from. =p

Well, right after the game first came out, I and a group of other players got told off by the owner of a business after the business had closed, and she threatened to call the cops on us. Because we were siting in the lot still playing pogo. Actually said she -had- called them and we'd be smart to leave before they showed up. That's made me a little shy to go anywhere that isn't open, as I really don't want a trespassing charge...

I think legally, depending on US state, loitering on a business's property after the business has closed is criminal trespassing. IF the business owns the lot (IE it's private property).

Parking lots are meant to provide convenience to customers visiting the property and conducting business with the establishment. In the middle of the night when the business is closed, you're not a customer, thus you haven't been "invited" to be there.

So... like honestly be careful hanging around parking lots especially late at night. I think, again depending on state, that you might actually be trespassing sock! Don't quote me on that, I'm not a lawyer, but... nearly getting the cops called on me was kinda scary, be careful!

Anyway, to more pogo matters... I put my pokemon in three gyms today along my way home from work, and got kicked out of all of them in less than an hour, boo. That was disappointing. Still only one ash hat piku for me, and a hatched ash hat pichu.

What you said reminds me about a problem my friend and I were having, Kaini. Has anyone had trouble getting coins when they're pokemon return? Yesterday both my friend and I had pokemon in a gym for over three hours before they were kicked out and we didn't get a single coin when they returned. 

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

Well, right after the game first came out, I and a group of other players got told off by the owner of a business after the business had closed, and she threatened to call the cops on us. Because we were siting in the lot still playing pogo. Actually said she -had- called them and we'd be smart to leave before they showed up. That's made me a little shy to go anywhere that isn't open, as I really don't want a trespassing charge...

I think legally, depending on US state, loitering on a business's property after the business has closed is criminal trespassing. IF the business owns the lot (IE it's private property).

So... like honestly be careful hanging around parking lots especially late at night. I think, again depending on state, that you might actually be trespassing sock! Don't quote me on that, I'm not a lawyer, but... nearly getting the cops called on me was kinda scary, be careful!

Honestly, sounds like you ran into a genuine *******. You're not allowed to park in closed business (like, the store is closed) lots overnight. You can def get your car towed for that. But if you pull over for a few minutes or are sitting there in/by your car for a short while, you're typically going to be okay (although if it's not too long after closing hours, workers could still be around and may ask you to leave). If you've loiter for an hour or something or you're a group of rowdy teenagers running around, then a cop might stop by or, if the business owner is still around, they may threaten you to leave, but unless you live in an extremely strict state, you'll typically be okay if you're not hanging around too long.

But again, I do think that, even in that case, the owner was a bit of a jerkoff. She could have just let you guys know that you weren't allowed to loiter since they pay for the lot and asked you all to leave, particularly if you're teens/young adults. She should have left calling the cops and threatening you guys until after you didn't listen. It's honestly not common sense that empty parking lots during non-business hours should be off-limits, until maybe you've been an adult for a while. I get she must deal with that a lot and it would get very annoying, and I'm sure there's plenty of real jerks who brush off a polite question, but honestly. A large group of younger people who isn't being rowdy or rude or mean? Just chill a little. =|

However, in my case, there's not many actual businesses nearby here who have stops/gyms, which is why I haven't run into this like you have (so I honestly just didn't even think about that - sorry!). It's more churches, free museums, post offices, and parks (which admittedly, there are some parks that are closed to motor vehicles at night, but they have gates...). Just watch out for locked gates, private parking signs, or 'towed at owner's expense' signs - avoid any of those places. Non-pay-entry places should be pretty safe to stop at. It is good to keep in mind trespassing laws, though!

(Honestly, I was pulled over on the shoulder of a road that doesn't even get much traffic during the day one night, on the middle of a traffic circle before entering the free museum parking lot. A cop did pull over to ask me if I was okay and make sure I wasn't stuck. Once I said I was fine, he drove right away. I will note that I'm white, though, so I'm definitely in a position of privilege where cops are typically going to trust me and leave me alone, especially if I'm not being rowdy or obstructing traffic or anything.)

53 minutes ago, Syiren said:

What you said reminds me about a problem my friend and I were having, Kaini. Has anyone had trouble getting coins when they're pokemon return? Yesterday both my friend and I had pokemon in a gym for over three hours before they were kicked out and we didn't get a single coin when they returned. 

Did you possibly have any pokemon returned to you earlier that day? You can only get 50 coins a day, resetting at midnight.

Otherwise, you can try sending in a report for the issue. :<

~

Still no anniversary pichus hatched. Two krabbys in a row, which is more common than I usually hatch them, plus some other common stuff. >.>

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

@ sock yea honestly I think the owner was just a -insert censor here-. They also eventually had the stops on their little golf course thing removed by niantic, only to have another put in the parking lot near the other business, which I found hilarious. It just moved over a little.

Also there was a glitch yesterday related to the giving out of coins - a legit glitch, and Niantic should have fixed it by now.

ALSO - the last recent update has been datamined and it looks like Legendaries are coming this weekend with pokemon go fest in Chicago. Likely the Chicago players will unlock them for the rest of us. A 'Legendary Raid Pass' has been added to the game.

I'm upset I work on Saturday (the 22nd) when this is happening. I should have taken the day off but it's too late now.

I got a Steel Coat today! I haven't been able to complete any 7-day Pokestop streaks since they implemented the Evolution Stones. I've gotten 3 items just from spinning Pokestops ... but all three have been Steel Coat. I'm glad I can evolve a Onix but ... it would be nice to get others too.

Okay I don't wanting to derail the conversation. It's cool we're getting Legendaries!

Seriously guys look up the news for this saturday!!! Global play that day during select hours will earn EVERYONE around the globe extra rewards such as more experience for a certain time, more stardust, etc. We can all participate and the more people that do, the more we get.

7 hours ago, Kaini said:

Seriously guys look up the news for this saturday!!! Global play that day during select hours will earn EVERYONE around the globe extra rewards such as more experience for a certain time, more stardust, etc. We can all participate and the more people that do, the more we get.

Well that's something to look forward to!

Hello, I was staying at my friends for 3 days and came back home. I caught 3 Gyaradoses not gonna mention others as they are not as worthy as Gyarados for me lol. I think I lost some weight lol. Finally, we managed to gather some people play with us, walk with us and raid with us. We have beaten a Snorlax raid and I managed to catch the beast xD. Only 3 of us could catch it. It was on my 4th ball. I can say catching raid pokes got harder. And for the news, I  have been keeping my pidgeys and bugs lol, glad I could evolve them with lucky eggs on that event. I hit lto lvl 32 . Mystic guys are hanging out with us now :D , we are Valor heavy in our state  , so we are letting Mystic to take over some Gyms now and shooing Instincts away hihihihihi.

I also realized something, the nests are keep changing weekly, trust me it is happening, we used to have a Magmar nest where 2-3 magmars were spawning constantly and a shuckle nest where lie 3-5 shuckes were spawning at the sametime and I am serious about that, now no magmars and shuckles there and the shucke nest got replaced to Qwilfish nest now like 3-5 Qwilfish spawns there all the time. Magmars are gone, not even one spawns there now, we have discovered a Rhyhorn nest which wasnt existing last week, now 2-3 rhyhorns spawn there constantly after spawntimers. We are farming Rhyhorn candies and good IV Rhyhorns there,  managed to evolve 2 of them to Rhydons. I wonder which nests we are getting next week, I hope larvitar or dratini lol, we are lacking Tyranitars and  Dragonites, none of my friends have Tyranitars because Larvitar is so rare here, we all have Dragonites but not very good IV ones I have two , 2.9k and a 2.6k  with terrible IVs, I evolved them without any IV info long ago before IV calcs. 

The thing that botheres me right now is, the quilfish or balloon/frogfish ( thats what we call in our state) is a problem in Fishing in our state and exactly the same areas that these fish live has Qwilfish nest, it really  bothered us when we first  discovered shuckes got replaced to Qwilfish, shuckes are probably got eaten by them.

Edited by rayheart

12 hours ago, Kaini said:

This sounds so exciting! Finally something else than a hat Pikachu, no matter how cute they are. 

I've been having a few busy days so I haven't been able to play that much, but I'm determined to hit a raid today. Already had my Executor kicked out of the gym I put it in in the morning, yielding only 14 coins. The closest gyms seem to be very Mystic-heavy currently, and I don't bother trying to conquer gyms with full 6 pokes. 

Copy and pasted from the offical pogo site news.  Those who are in Grant Park will have more for sure.

During the day, there will be three Challenge Windows in which Trainers everywhere will work alongside those in Chicago to unlock global rewards. During the Challenge Windows, Trainers in Grant Park will attempt to unlock perks for Pokémon GO players around the world by catching certain types of Pokémon. Each Pokémon- type will be tied to a different perk, so Trainers at the park will need to carefully choose which Pokémon they catch. Will those in attendance try to catch Electric-type Pokémon to reduce the distance required to hatch Eggs, or Grass-type Pokémon to increase Stardust bonuses, or other Pokémon- types to secure a variety of other bonuses? Join in the action and find out!

Meanwhile, Trainers outside of Chicago will attempt to catch as many Pokémon as possible during the Challenge Windows to extend the duration of the bonuses unlocked by those attending the event. If Trainers around the world catch enough Pokémon, a mystery challenge will be unveiled in Grant Park that, once completed, will unlock an extra-special bonus across the globe. Trainers everywhere will want to grab their friends and family to help make this the biggest celebration in Pokémon GO’s history!

My guess, mystery challange is the legendary birds in the new video apart from the trio, Ho-Oh and Lugia. The Mystery challange will release them to whole globe and they start to spawn as very rare raid bosses which probably will require the whole state or town to beat lol .

Edited by rayheart

Aw man, what a weekend to be out of town. 😕 Starting the drive to a rural area this morning, and will be there for the duration of the event. But hopefully will at least be able to catch a few new types while I'm away. 😌 But I will be with family so maybe we'll go on an outing or something. 

I'm only missing 6 evolvable Pokémon until I will have enough to use a Lucky Egg.

About the event, is there a reason we are being encouraged to specialize in catching one type? Any penalty for just catching whatever we see?

Dont think there would be a penalty. 

The new Pokemon Go Legendary Trailer gave me goosebumps. Omg... that video... :(

PoGo seems to be a little buggy right now, lmao. Candela is appraising my pokemon instead of Spark, and she's on the other side of the screen from Spark, so it really, really confuses me every time she pops up. xP

I am really excited about the globel event aspect on Saturday. I'm up with my mom, though, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to play. =U

Did catch another pikahat today with terrible moves.

Guys! It's happening. The Go Fest big event reward will be LEGENDARY POKEMON! and if we help them then it will open the legendaries for ALL OF US!! I've been freaking out about this ever since I heard the news! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! *flails arms*

I'll wait to see how exactly it's implemented before I'm excited about legendaries, tbh. They already made catching dragons from raids harder, so on the rare chance a legendary raid pops up, I have doubts that we'll really even be able to catch them - and that's if I can find people to actually raid with. =\

/rains on the parade

I think legendary raids are going to have a much longer warning timer (rather than 2 hours) so there's plenty of time to plan for them and get together. Better chance of more people showing up.

But you know... legendaries are supposed to be hard to get. So I can accept some difficulty in it... that's what makes it exciting when you finally do.

Problem is that I live 30 minutes away from where I am in communication with people coordinating to do anything. I cannot spend half my day waiting around in town for a raid to start (I'm often in town for groceries, which means no wasting time, plus it's monsoon season and I have to help out with being home for the dog so she doesn't hurt herself or eat more of the house), and I can't always be on the computer when people are posting opportunities, if I even could drive out to town in time to meet them. That means having hours of my schedule just wide open, which is not realistic. I still haven't been able to make any tyrannitar or lapras raids and people have been posting for those. I've only barely gotten by 'won 10 raids' badge and I play every day.

I just have a feeling these are going to be more "impossible" than "difficult" especially for someone with no friends who plays and who doesn't live in the thick of a town where you can just happen to see raids without having to specifically search them out. Even if the timing works out, then you have to catch it and they made it so that I barely caught the last level 1&2 raids I did.

I like achieving difficult tasks, but I like having some level of control over being able to achieve them, not just random chance. I was relieved to finally summon my GoNs, but I wasn't particularly excited or feeling like I had achieved anything over it. More just "yay, I can stop wasting time on completing this".

Whatever. I just hope they don't have some special gym perk and they don't show up in my pokedex. =|

I am glad other people are excited, though. It's nice for you guys.

I mean I'm pretty pumped despite some of the potential pitfalls (and they exist). It'll be a welcome addition to the game and I'm sure I'll find some time to hit it.

I am not really excited about the Legendaries, I am more excited about the other bonuses and rewards. Raiding is hard in my state, may be people will be encouraged with  Legendary raids and decide to take on raids if there will be enough people. We managed to do only one Snorlax raid and then, people never attented to  the others. I think they buffed raid bosses , they keep spamming moves in more than they should. Yesterday, was doing a Machamp raid and it was spamming HeavySlam in 2 secs =_=.

Edited by rayheart

5 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

I just have a feeling these are going to be more "impossible" than "difficult" ~

This is exactly how I feel about the legendaries coming up. I was telling the news to my boyfriend and his first comment on it was "ah, so we won't be getting them then". I haven't been on any Snorlax or Lapras raids (I have only seen one of them) because I know we can't beat them just the two of us and I really don't want to seek for other people to play with. Anyways, still excited for the bonuses on the event!

Haha Legendaries apparently have a base capture rate of .02%

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Haha Legendaries apparently have a base capture rate of .02%

0.02 rate or 0.02% !?

Yeah I give up already, lmao.

I am excited to get out today and hopefully get extra XP for stuff. ;~;

EDIT: Looked it up: https://pokemongohub.net/post/breaking-news/legendary-pokemon-base-capture-rate-2-buddy-distance-20km-1-candy/

It is 2% which is leagues better than 0.02%, but I'm still not holding my breath. And 20 km to walk for candy!? I don't even walk the 5 km pokes if I can help it. I like faster rewards, lmao.

It looks like we're getting more legendaries/mythicals than just the original three? Or maybe those will be slowly rolled out like pokemon gens are?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler