Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I caught swinub and houndour today, which I didn't already have, so that's nice. I haven't really played at all during this event, I just turned it on while I was out with my family for fathers day lol.

I evolved a growlithe (forgot what it's called) and it's my best pokemon and an unlock. I have like no balls so it's so hard to catch stuff.

I unlocked Quilava and caught a whole lot more of Cyndaquills and Charmanders during this event which is amazing. I had just unlocked Arcanine and Rapidash before this, so those were not so valuable addition, but thankfully quite a few Houndours have also been showing up!

Congrats everyone on your unlocks and good luck finding those pokes with good stats! (I think p much all my good starters have come from eggs.)

~

Ignoring the fact that a Lapras briefly popped up in the wilderness and without tracking, I had no way to come across it, I am honestly so hyped right now!!!

Raid Battles: https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/h...47-Raid-Battles

Sometimes, an egg will pop up above a gym: a countdown to a raid battle, where anybody nearby can join and fight together to beat a big boss pokemon. These are tougher to beat, so require a group to win. If your group makes substantial process to beating the boss, you get compensated with special items. If you beat the boss, you get compensated with special items and a chance to capture the big boss. Special items are things like golden berries (even greater chance of capturing a poke) and premier pokeballs.

Get special items, like a raid pass to participate in raids, by spinning gyms like you spin a stop.

Badges from defeating gyms!?

Gyms can now only have 6 pokes in them at a time - and must be different types (no more blissey walls, thank goodness; although changing blissey's stats would have been just as nice...).

All gym slots open at once, so no more having to battle 10x to add a poke to a gym with free slots but not enough power.

New item to teach your poke new moves!

You have to feed berries to your pokes to keep them in a gym, so no more gyms that stay stacked for months at a time with high level user's pokes (or less of this, anyway - I definitely foresee more turnover, so more options for the rest of us to get coins).

I do have some mixed feelings about some of these changes but overall, I'm really excited! I also hear they're adding more gyms and some stops were converted to gyms (I really hope they added more stops to balance this out, though...). Can't wait to try out this new battling system and maybe have a better chance at some awesome pokemon that I can only ever find by hatching. o3o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

i am glad gyms can give out items now. i worry about how available ill be able to be for raids. honestly i feel like they're going to implement legendaries through raids (multiple people fight it then get a chance to catch it.) what i'm hoping is instead of giving premier balls like with raid bosses it hands out master balls for legendaries... like if people are at a raid and some people aren't able to get the legendary and it flees/they run out of balls people are gonna get mugged lol. it sounds like the premier balls you get for raid boss catch attempts are also limited which sounds like it's pushing into frustration territory

Edited by Switch

i am glad gyms can give out items now. i worry about how available ill be able to be for raids. honestly i feel like they're going to implement legendaries through raids (multiple people fight it then get a chance to catch it.) what i'm hoping is instead of giving premier balls like with raid bosses it hands out master balls for legendaries... like if people are at a raid and some people aren't able to get the legendary and it flees/they run out of balls people are gonna get mugged lol. it sounds like the premier balls you get for raid boss catch attempts are also limited which sounds like it's pushing into frustration territory

Then what about the people who live in a real dead zone? That wouldn't be fair if legendary Pokémon got handed out like that as a reward .

Interesting new things coming. We will see how they work out. I've never seen any golden berries in any of the games I don't think, I'd like to see them use more of the berries that already exist.

I'm personally not happy about only 6 in the gym. It's hard enough for me to get into one and now there's less room.

Thank to whoever sent me luck, a magmar showed up on the bike ride to work and I caught it on the first try! So now I'll probably only be short a Lapras a typhlosion and A charizard. I'll be able to get my houndoom and arcanine but I was hoping for better ones to evolve. I did catch a quilava on the way home yesterday so that was exciting too.

I have to go to a work meeting being held in a church that is a stop so we will see what I can catch there.

Edited by water_angel

I am not able to log into it. Is anyone else having that problem? It just keeps saying "Unable to authenticate" and I am putting in the right stuff. It's done this a few times before.

One of the pokestops nearby was converted into a gym... right next to another. So now there's two gyms within ten feet of each other. Not too thrilled-- it's hard enough restocking on balls-- and I have to wonder if this new 6 limit is going to make them all super elite clubs reserved for people with 3k + Tyrannitars and Dragonite. I mean, the ones around here already were, but once in a blue moon I could sneak into a non level 10 gym =P They should've just added gyms instead of converting stops.

I have to wonder how these raids will work out for rural areas / gyms that don't see a lot of traffic. Places like colleges, universities, malls, and airports will probably be fine, but doesn't seem very fun if you've only got one or two people at a legendary poke raid because you don't live in a big city. Or it's eleven at night on a weekday.

Very interested in the new item that can teach moves. I recently hatched a perfect IV stats Arcanine with awful moveset, so I can't wait to make him my forefront fighter! Other than him, I caught a nice Vulpix so I can finally evolve one, and a random Mareep on the side of a road. Those darn sheep are unbelievably rare, it's bizarre.

The rarest Pokémon in the game, imo, (barring legendaries and region-exclusives) is probably Grimer and Muk. I've never seen a wild one let alone a silhouette. This is strange seeing as I've been in some pretty dense, gross cities that you think would be pollution capitals.

Then what about the people who live in a real dead zone? That wouldn't be fair if legendary Pokémon got handed out like that as a reward .

i never said it was fair, but i think that's very likely how they're going to implement legendaries. :\ niantic is rarely fair to people in deadzones in the first place

Edited by Switch

AH, too bad the solstice event ended. I'm just a few candies short of a Typhlosion and way too behind on a charizard, but I did manage Ninetales and Lapras as new unlocks. The gyms around me have been disabled for the moment, but I did notice there were quite a few new ones that sprung up. Excited to raid battles, at the very least. I think they might go for a big anniversary update for the legendaries.

Solstice was actually extended a day! biggrin.gif So get out there if you need some last second fire/ice types!!!!

I actually really hope that they implement legendary pokemon through gym raids - it's a LOT more fair than the original trailer (mewtwo spawning in times square) because there are gyms EVERYWHERE and it's not limited to large cities or special locations.

I would have been upset if they'd only spawned legendary pokemon in major cities or national landmarks.

And honestly, can you think of a more fair way to do it without it being too easy?

I didn't so much during the solstice event, but I might find time to log back in to see these changes. I hadn't done any gyms in a while just because of how stagnant it had become in my town.

Hmm. I looked on Pokemon GO right after it updated and said that I wasn't a high enough level yet to participate in raids. I know that raids, and gyms for that matter, aren't available just yet, but that message worries me. If I'm not a high enough level yet to participate at lvl 23, what is the minimum requirement for raids?

Hmm. I looked on Pokemon GO right after it updated and said that I wasn't a high enough level yet to participate in raids. I know that raids, and gyms for that matter, aren't available just yet, but that message worries me. If I'm not a high enough level yet to participate at lvl 23, what is the minimum requirement for raids?

I think that's just a stopgap until they finish the system. Gyms still give you the 'under construction' message so it's not done yet.

I'm on level 30 and it gives me that message. There's no way they'll make raids inaccessible for people my level, they'd be excluding like 80% of users. And no one but hackers are 40, considering it'll take about 5-8 years to reach that level.

Not that I disagree with you, but Niantec has been pretty consistent about not caring too much about rural areas, so I'm sure they've thought of that and discarded it as an issue. =U

I'm personally not happy about only 6 in the gym. It's hard enough for me to get into one and now there's less room.

I think the idea is that between only six pokes in a gym, having to feed gym pokes berries to keep them in the gym, and only allowing one of each poke in a gym, there should be higher turnover of gyms. Gyms with less pokes and not allowed to have walls of just one type should be easier to defeat then a level 10 gym with three blisseys in it. Plus, even those beasts who often have 20 pokes sitting in a gym, I'm gonna say, are going to have a hard time keeping them all fed, so there should pokes getting kicked every now and then. Plus, with raids, you might get more team members around to team up and defeat a gym.

We'll see how the theory actually turns out, though.

Congrats on the magmar!

I am not able to log into it. Is anyone else having that problem? It just keeps saying "Unable to authenticate" and I am putting in the right stuff. It's done this a few times before.

I have that problem sometimes when my internet is bad. Hope you got in!

One of the pokestops nearby was converted into a gym... right next to another. So now there's two gyms within ten feet of each other. Not too thrilled-- it's hard enough restocking on balls-- and I have to wonder if this new 6 limit is going to make them all super elite clubs reserved for people with 3k + Tyrannitars and Dragonite. I mean, the ones around here already were, but once in a blue moon I could sneak into a non level 10 gym =P They should've just added gyms instead of converting stops.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd add more stops to compensate. Not sure what the thought was behind that except "make people buy more stuff from the store!!!!!" =\

I've also seen at least two stops converted to gyms. Luckily for the ones I've seen, they were in areas with more stops, so at least there's still an option. =_=

Well, only one Tyrannitar and Dragonite will be able to be in a gym at a time, at least. =p (But I find both of those are easy enough to beat with vaporeon, which I like using because vaporeon attacks super fast.)

EDIT: Oh! Oh! Gyms are open (though it looks like raids aren't ready yet). They are also stops, so we actually also got more stops as well as gyms. This is so much better. But balling is going to be more annoying. While the battle screen it's more awesome looking, you now have to battle just one Pokemon multiple times to defeat it, which definitely isn't going to help encourage more turnover. =\

(On my phone, please excuse any autocorrect mistakes.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

So from what I've read to get coins now you must have your Pokémon in a gym for at least an hour and you will get one coin for each hour which will be given to you when your Pokémon are returned to you. You can only get 100 coins in a day.

It also seems the stronger the Pokémon the less time it takes for the heart to empty. The two strongest in the gyms near me are almost empty while mine who's the second weakest was only missing about 200 cp

I think that's just a stopgap until they finish the system. Gyms still give you the 'under construction' message so it's not done yet.

I'm on level 30 and it gives me that message. There's no way they'll make raids inaccessible for people my level, they'd be excluding like 80% of users. And no one but hackers are 40, considering it'll take about 5-8 years to reach that level.

Ah. That makes me feel better. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with that message on their game. Well, I hope to see what they're like when raids are finally available. Guess this means I'll have to visit gyms more often.

So the new gym system is up, and raids are up for people level 35 and above, which annoys me deeply. Only hackers and spoofers are that high, I've been playing since the game came out and I'm 30.

It's just temporary, which is good, they'll roll it out to more players over time, but it's a little irking that the spoofers get first shot at it. Does niantic realize they're catering to the cheaters?

I also really, really don't like the new gym system. The badges are great, but the berry thing really stinks. Your pokemon's motivation (how many berries you feed it) is tied to its CP, so the less motivated it gets, its cp goes down. And it goes down over time really fast.

So unless you stay there constantly feeding your pokemon berries, there's absolutely no point to gyms. And it encourages spoofers, bc spoofers can re-visit their pokemon and feed them berries without leaving their house. So great again catering to the cheaters, niantic. Nice one.

So I won't be bothering with normal gyms battles anymore, there's literally no point and the gym system is just as broken, just newly broken. But raids will be fun once they finally lower the level cap.

Yeah, I saw some update that said Niantec is basically disabling pokes that people used 3rd party apps to get, which includes any IV stats checker apps that you give your account info. Which I'm not really sure targets most the cheaters in this game??? Or if that's just people catching fairly but who want to know what their poke's stats are. =_=

Also, saw that raids are open for level 31 and above now, so it looks like it'll get rolled out to everyone pretty quickly.

Yeah, I saw some update that said Niantec is basically disabling pokes that people used 3rd party apps to get, which includes any IV stats checker apps that you give your account info. Which I'm not really sure targets most the cheaters in this game??? Or if that's just people catching fairly but who want to know what their poke's stats are. =_=

Also, saw that raids are open for level 31 and above now, so it looks like it'll get rolled out to everyone pretty quickly.

The spoofers are definitely still at it.

I'm hoping raids open up more soon. They're the only reason I don't just quit at this point, honestly, and I hung on fanatically for a really long time.

They seem to be updating things pretty fast? You can now apparently get coins for 10 mins of a defender rather than an hour (much better).

Daily cap: 50 coins

Weekly cap: 700

Gym cap: 20 gyms

Coin gain: 1 per 10min

Am I missing something? If you can only get 50 coins a day how can you reach 700 in a week? At most you can earn 350

Interesting. We will have to see how the badges play in. Had my Pokémon defending for just under 23 hours. Someone beat it and it got sent back to me with my 50 coins and a badge for defending for 10 hours.