Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Got to participate in a raid! Gotta say, it was a lot of fun, and I'm so happy to get a Crooncraw from it!

Timer popped up. By the time I was in town and close enough to see it, the wait was 1 hour and 13 minutes. Mom and I got ice cream and walked around for a while. As time ticked down, other raids started popping up in the area. There's some little face under the raid egg. The one I participated in had one face, but I saw one nearby with two faces. I'm not sure what it means, but I'd guess strength of the pokemon you have to beat? If I was alone, I might have waited for a different one, but I wasn't, so I just grabbed the first one I could go in. Didn't want to miss it, as I wasn't sure how long it would stick around for, but there was another instinct guy there waiting by battling the mystic gym down. I joined in (which was kinda trippy, as you can see the other person's poke, even in a regular battle), and we took the gym, although I don't think he put a poke in. o_O

I do like the battle screen where you can see how many battles won with each pokes. I thought my numbers would be pretty low, as I tend to just abandon lower CP pokes when I catch better ones, rather than powering them up too much. I had more battles won with my battle pokes than a lot of the defenders did, except one guy with a gyarados that had won 300+ battles. >_e

Then we raid-battled. Four of us on one team, two instinct, one mystic, and one valor. I liked being able to look at our stats while waiting. A level 24, 26, and 28, plus me at 32. One of them, a mystic guy at 28 who I believe owned the gyarados, had battled waaaaay more than me (no surprise), but I'd walked and caught waaaay more pokes than all of them and even battled quite a bit more than most of them. Surprised to see what a difference a few levels can make. xP

Anyway, the Crooncraw was at 5000+ CP to battle, but the battle really didn't last that long. Not sure if it was a combo of our pokes or it's just easier than it was made out to be. I got one golden razz berry (which I used just in case to catch Crooncraw), a rare candy (morphs into a candy of the type of poke you use it on), and 10 premium balls. Valor got a boost on premium balls as they'd held the gym when the raid was announced. But I caught Crooncraw (800+ CP) with just two balls (first bounced off 'cause it moved) and unlocked it - and it's better than the totodile I hatched that I was gonna evolve.

Raid was still going on by the time I was gone, so I'm not sure if 1) there were multiple groups (I only caught sight of two others, not even other member of our group), 2) the raid lasts a different amount of time for different people in the same group, or 3) the raid stayed open for a while for others to join in. But I couldn't even use the gym as a stop again while the raid was still up, which was kind of annoying. However, all in all, very excited about further raids! Feraligatr is the only starter I'm not close to unlocking.

Hopefully enough raids occur, as otherwise the game is kinda boring when the same poke always pop up and you don't hatch anything other than commons. o3o

do you have to all be on the same team to raid a gym together? REason why i'm asking is because most of the friends i know who do play it are Instinct while i'm Valor. We could team up against a Mystic gym, right?

Yea, they lowered the raid cap to 28 for now the last time I checked? I managed to pick up a raid pass but didn't find a raid in my area before it was really too late to be out at night (and I worked all day). I'll try again tomorrow :c

Glad they kinda cleared up the coin thing though? That was really bad for a little bit but they listened, so.

raids seem like they'll be fun if i ever get an opportunity to partake in one... im like an inch away from level 28

do you have to all be on the same team to raid a gym together? REason why i'm asking is because most of the friends i know who do play it are Instinct while i'm Valor. We could team up against a Mystic gym, right?

Battling when it's a non-raid battle, right? I'm not sure and couldn't find any info on it. You might have to be the one to test it for us. =o

~

I did find this, which as a more in depth explanation on motivation and berries (apparently you have a chance at getting other pokes candies if you feed them berries in gyms???): http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-...nus-gym-battles

Anyway, I got two gyms in my town and another that isn't that far away. I want to finally join a gym because I got two within my town alone now. So I think I'm gonna finally choose Valor at level 18. xd.png

My only issue is, when I claim these gyms, do I need to put in 6 or just one? I'm not use to the gyms feature as I never really got to sit and just figure things out with them. >_<

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Anyway, I got two gyms in my town and another that isn't that far away. I want to finally join a gym because I got two within my town alone now. So I think I'm gonna finally choose Valor at level 18. xd.png

My only issue is, when I claim these gyms, do I need to put in 6 or just one? I'm not use to the gyms feature as I never really got to sit and just figure things out with them. >_<

Only one pokemon :3

A raid battle at the end of my street and I can't go because I'm at work mad.gif of all the days to switch.

I can see a gym from work too and there's a raid in 24 minutes sad.gif

Both eggs were different colors though, the first one was orange and this one is pink. What do the different colors mean?

The pink one hatched into a bayleef.

and a second raid is happening at the same gym. Guess they are frequent. this one is also a pink egg. Another Bayleef

Edited by water_angel

My first experience with a raid wasn't fun, to be honest.

I made it to a charizard raid only to have my group lose, then start again without me and win without me. Then I managed to get three more people to join me (via the town's facebook group) and we couldn't win because the timer is too restrictive, and we lost twice and the raid ran out.

All in all super disappointing, even with five people. It was a tier four so I get it, it's supposed to be hard, but like do they really expect us to get groups of 15 people together.... It's a small town....

What level do you have to be to participate in raids? I'm level 24 and someone else is level 25 and neither of us are a high enough level. I don't think I like this new gym thing. I got a thing in a gym and then within the time we were sitting there, it was defeated, and I got nothing. I do like that the gyms give you items, though.

I hear that now you have to be level 25. They're slowly introducing it to lower levels, I guess to see if everything works ok?

I'm still at 23 and I'm seeing raids all around but I can't join yet >_<

Edited by TehUltimateMage

First raid battle went badly. It was a jolteon and there was only two of us when it recommended 15 people. Got really close the first time then only halfway the second.

Battling when it's a non-raid battle, right? I'm not sure and couldn't find any info on it. You might have to be the one to test it for us. =o

When I joined in my first battle raid earlier it was with only one other person and they were also valor (yay! I wasn't alone! ;w; )

From what I read it said that up to 20 people can join a raid and it auto sorts you into groups, so that might mean they're keeping team members separate.

I got several of the gold berries and even got the chance to catch the Pokemon which was a Flareon. It's cp was over 15,000CP, but when I caught it, it had downgraded to 1599CP, not bad, but still. Kind of a let down after how suped up it was. dry.gif I'll still take it though. I love the eeveelutions. biggrin.gif

i'm meaning up with one of my Instinct friends on Wednesday so we'll tackle some Mystic gyms together.

Can someone explain about the gyms as I'm unable to do anything.

I'm not 100% sure about the new updates myself. Only now you can only have 6 pokemon in a gym at once, they need berries to keep their strength up and only one kind of pokemon in a gym at once. Example:

Charizard - Gyarados - Lapras - Blissey - Arcanine - Snorlax = okay.

Charizard - Gyarados - Gyarados - Eespeon - Blissey - Rhydon = not okay.

They also have timed events where you fight one big bad pokemon who hatches from an egg at the top and you team up with others to take it down. (They are the uber strong ones) and if you win you get prizes and the chance to catch it. smile.gif

ETA: This answers both of our questions. It looks like you can have different teams team up against a raid! Awesome!

Edited by Syiren

Whoop! Caught a magikarp in a raid today. Was by myself, so I waited to see what the other raid near us was going to be: a level 2 magmar. Definitely wanted the magikarp. I battled alone, but I was pretty confident in my ability to defeat a level 1 magikarp, lmao. Caught it, but I did forget to use a pinap berry. =U

Made a stop at a full instinct gym to try feeding the pokes there berries to see if I got any candy. I didn't, so that's either pretty rare or just a rumor.

Plus, three cyndaquil popped up at that gym, right by each other, almost standing on each other. o_O

And caught a chansey yesterday.

So I'm a pretty happy camper. =D

Both eggs were different colors though, the first one was orange and this one is pink. What do the different colors mean?

The pink one hatched into a bayleef.

and a second raid is happening at the same gym. Guess they are frequent. this one is also a pink egg. Another Bayleef

I've only seen pink eggs. =o Thus far, I've seen them turn into crooncraw, magmar, and magikarp.

It looks like raids happen pretty commonly, though, so I've no doubt you'll be able to join in one soon!

My first experience with a raid wasn't fun, to be honest.

I made it to a charizard raid only to have my group lose, then start again without me and win without me. Then I managed to get three more people to join me (via the town's facebook group) and we couldn't win because the timer is too restrictive, and we lost twice and the raid ran out.

All in all super disappointing, even with five people. It was a tier four so I get it, it's supposed to be hard, but like do they really expect us to get groups of 15 people together.... It's a small town....

Aww. That sucks. =(

(Wow, haven't even caught a level 4 pop up yet. Level 2 is the highest I've seen.)

I don't think I like this new gym thing. I got a thing in a gym and then within the time we were sitting there, it was defeated, and I got nothing. I do like that the gyms give you items, though.

That'll happen sometimes, but 10 minutes isn't that long of a wait, and I definitely like the ability to gain more coins in a day than we could before from just one gym. I'm sure you'll get yours in a gym here where it'll give you a nice bunch of coins. ^^

When I joined in my first battle raid earlier it was with only one other person and they were also valor (yay! I wasn't alone! ;w; )

From what I read it said that up to 20 people can join a raid and it auto sorts you into groups, so that might mean they're keeping team members separate.

Nope, like I said for my first battle, it was me (instinct) + one other instinct, a mystic, and a valor.

Yeah, they definitely aren't just handing out 10k+ CP pokes, lol!

I posted links/videos and explanations a few pages back that might answer your questions.

Walkthrough of new features: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9511752

Coins: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9513747 / https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9513766

My first raid, which I explained pretty in depth: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9513902

Berries/motivation for gyms: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9513970

New battle screen:

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Thank you for everything for all who responded to my post. It sucks in the way I can't compete at all. I'm in a complete dead zone and I'd rather not use my data much to just go all over creation to battle

I think I'll give raiding another shot today after work - work closes early on sunday. Kind of a bummer they don't happen at night for us working slobs?

Also I don't think one free raid pass a day is enough. You get one shot a day and you're done unless you shell out money, which is annoying. Maybe like one pass every four hours or something?

Also I don't think one free raid pass a day is enough. You get one shot a day and you're done unless you shell out money, which is annoying. Maybe like one pass every four hours or something?

Yeah, I'd like that better, too. There's so many raids that happen at once, it'd be nice to hit a few. =U Maybe it's because 1) you could get a lot of good pokes really quickly doing that (nooo, we must get 4 million bad pokes for every good one we get), and 2) it gives 3000 XP, which is quite a bit?

Seems like it'll be a lot easier to rack up coins now, though, so maybe I might buy some passes. I'm five coins away from an incubator (thanks, snorlax, for chilling in that gym for 10 hours!), so that's gotta come next. I'm back in the land of 10km eggs and already have one waiting. laugh.gif

I'm walking 4 10K eggs myself and one is like 0.02 km away from hatching? I got a Mareep a week or so back which totally made my day and it's stats were fantastic. I can't wait to start walking with it.

Thanks to that awesome Fire/Ice event my Charmeleon got 50 more candies so now I'm only 15 candies away from my first Charizard. biggrin.gif

It's too hot to go out right now, but I wanted to. One of the raids nearby was a level 4 and it was a 26000+CP Venusaur. Ironically enough that was the same place where I caught my first wild Venusaur. xd.png

I'm glad we got more gyms. Before there was five within walking distance and now there's at least 10!

So the new gym system is up, and raids are up for people level 35 and above, which annoys me deeply. Only hackers and spoofers are that high, I've been playing since the game came out and I'm 30.

I am very skeptical of that being true; I quit playing months ago (before the 2nd gen Pokemon were added) and I was a level 22. So I have no trouble believing that other people got to level 35 in all the time that's passed, without cheating or spoofing.

Reinstalled the app again today to see what was up, not really sure if I'll keep playing but I figure if I am going to walk more (which I would like to!) then it might serve as some sort of motivation.

The Fire and Ice event we had earlier this month was amazing. I finally got to see AND catch my very first Lapras biggrin.gif. I was able to evolve a Charmander to a Charizard, a Cyndaquil to Typhlosion. Charmander has been a stupidly rare spawn where I live, so I was so excited to finally get my Charizard. I only ever saw one Cyndaquil before this event, when it was going on I was seeing more Cyndaquil than Charmander!

I was able to get Rapidash, Ninetales, Arcanine and Houndoom. Like Charmander, Ponyta, Vulpix, Growlithe and Houndour were extremely rare spawns so I was happy to finish getting dex entries for them all.

I am very skeptical of that being true; I quit playing months ago (before the 2nd gen Pokemon were added) and I was a level 22. So I have no trouble believing that other people got to level 35 in all the time that's passed, without cheating or spoofing.

No.... getting to 22 takes no time at all, but you have to understand the leveling gets significantly harder the closer you get to 30, and it takes weeks and weeks of work to move from 30 to 31, and months from 31 to 32. The level scaling is insane.

There are calculators online. Here's mine:

user posted image

It will take me 7 literal years to hit 40. lol. The gap from 30-35 is almost twice the work than 1 to 30. Level 1 to 25 is like... no work at all.

Edited by Kaini