Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

11 hours ago, rayheart said:

Can we still catch shiny magicarp and Gyrados? or were they only for event.

You can; it's just harder as magikarp are not popping up every couple of feet like during the event.

Why does it have to be so hot out right now? I chose to miss a lvl 4 raid which had a Lapras because it was 4 blocks away and 95 degrees out. The humidity made it feel like over 100. I hate Florida summers. :(

WHOO! Hatched a porygon to finally unlock it!

And hatched another pineco, so I'm only three candies away from evolving it, which means I'm pushing back my lucky egg unlock again. >.> I should have just ignored that togetic the other night and then I wouldn't have waited to finish walking poliwag for a politoad to replace that unlock. >_e

Been running out of balls lately, currently down to my last 12 Ultra Balls and completely out of the other types. Will have to run downtown or something to refill. Wish there was a way to decrease the number of potions/revives I get, since I have no intention of participating in gyms for the time being.

2 minutes ago, Dew said:

Been running out of balls lately, currently down to my last 12 Ultra Balls and completely out of the other types. Will have to run downtown or something to refill. Wish there was a way to decrease the number of potions/revives I get, since I have no intention of participating in gyms for the time being.

I've wished for a long time we could trade in items for other items instead of just having to delete them. Have 50 million purple potions? Trade them in 1:1 for regular pokeballs or 5:1 for some great balls or something!

I also need to go to town to stock up. I am actually out of everything but max potions, though, as I've been battling pretty hard since the new gym system. (If you get lucky and get 50 coins a day, you can build up pretty quickly to buy some regular pokeballs, too, although I've been using it to nab incubators.) Hope you get some much needed pokeballs!

11 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

You can; it's just harder as magikarp are not popping up every couple of feet like during the event.

Nice, well  magicarp still pops so often in my city along with totodile and psyduck.

I've been needing to go farm some pokeballs for a bit, sadly the only times I really get to play are when I'm out with family. I've got a ton of potions and things, I have yet to choose a team because I love blue and Articuno but I also love fire types so I like Moltres as well. I cannot for the life of me pick so I've yet to try any gyms. Currently at 8 Poke Balls and 16 Great Balls. Definitely need to farm some!

Oh, I did have one question! Should I keep any pokemon I have (outside of starters and special ones) that I got under level 20? I've heard most of them are better after that level, I'm currently at level 18 and hoping to get to level 20 fairly soon.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

1 hour ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

I've been needing to go farm some pokeballs for a bit, sadly the only times I really get to play are when I'm out with family. I've got a ton of potions and things, I have yet to choose a team because I love blue and Articuno but I also love fire types so I like Moltres as well. I cannot for the life of me pick so I've yet to try any gyms. Currently at 8 Poke Balls and 16 Great Balls. Definitely need to farm some!

Oh, I did have one question! Should I keep any pokemon I have (outside of starters and special ones) that I got under level 20? I've heard most of them are better after that level, I'm currently at level 18 and hoping to get to level 20 fairly soon.

Well check their starts before transferring and I recommend you to keep pidgeys, weedles and caterpies actually anything that requires 12candy to evolve , so you can get many of their candies and evolve them with the lucky egg  if you are not planning to keep them for higher levels ( I mean Lucky eggs) and Team Valor all the way ^^"

9 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

Stats keep getting better and better as you level up. Even if a pokemon you get at a lower level has good IVs, it may not have very good max CP compared to pokes you start catching at higher levels.

However, there's a couple things to consider now:
- With the updated gym system, having beastmode stat pokes is less important than before, although it will be easier to defeat gyms with higher powered pokes.
- How much space do you have? Do you need to go mass transfer?
- How common is the poke you're thinking of getting rid of? If you get rid of it, will you be messing yourself up with pokes you can battle with or would it be better to keep them until you can replace them?

Generally, I suggest keeping the best pokemon. You can always transfer them later if you do start getting pokes with great stats and better CP. But it's good to have a few backup battlers in your arsenal in case you put your best pokemon in gyms and they don't get returned quickly or you battle with your best pokemon but run out of potions to return their CP to battle-level.

So basically, don't freak out and transfer stuff now before you even get any better stuff. Make decisions as you get the better stuff and balance it with your available space for pokes.

I live in a place where absolutely nothing shows up. I need an incense to force Pokemon to pop up, and even then while walking the whole 30 minutes I only get about five Pokemon that appear. There is a place about 30 minutes away that is much better, but unfortunately I don't get many opportunities to go.

However! I went on vacation for a few days and Pokemon were everywhere! I spent nearly the whole vacation catching things, and I took full advantage of this by buying some incenses and lucky eggs. I caught a lot of Johto Pokemon I hadn't seen before and hatched a Lapras. I've been able to level up pretty well over other vacations and get some nice battlers, so I was able to take out a couple gyms. I even beat a Magikarp raid on my own, and got an Electabuzz raid down to the red HP bar on my own. Unfortunately I ran out of time for Electabuzz, though.

I'm going away again in a little over a week to another place that's good for playing. I really wish I could play more at home but it's not possible without pumping out tons of incense. The game is so much fun.

9 hours ago, rayheart said:

Well check their starts before transferring and I recommend you to keep pidgeys, weedles and caterpies actually anything that requires 12candy to evolve , so you can get many of their candies and evolve them with the lucky egg  if you are not planning to keep them for higher levels ( I mean Lucky eggs) and Team Valor all the way ^^"

Oh, yeah I forgot about that trick. I have no idea how much stuff I got for each though. >_< Need a lucky egg yet to do this anyway!

1 hour ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Stats keep getting better and better as you level up. Even if a pokemon you get at a lower level has good IVs, it may not have very good max CP compared to pokes you start catching at higher levels.

However, there's a couple things to consider now:
- With the updated gym system, having beastmode stat pokes is less important than before, although it will be easier to defeat gyms with higher powered pokes.
- How much space do you have? Do you need to go mass transfer?
- How common is the poke you're thinking of getting rid of? If you get rid of it, will you be messing yourself up with pokes you can battle with or would it be better to keep them until you can replace them?

Generally, I suggest keeping the best pokemon. You can always transfer them later if you do start getting pokes with great stats and better CP. But it's good to have a few backup battlers in your arsenal in case you put your best pokemon in gyms and they don't get returned quickly or you battle with your best pokemon but run out of potions to return their CP to battle-level.

So basically, don't freak out and transfer stuff now before you even get any better stuff. Make decisions as you get the better stuff and balance it with your available space for pokes.

Fairly common, it's mostly Eevees, Pidgeys and even Ponytas that are taking up space atm. I always keep the highest one or two depending on how many evolutions it branches out to. But I just wondered because apparently level 20 is when things start to really get better with CP and IVs from what I had read. I'd be keeping one of everything either way. I also only got 250 slots because I have never joined a gym. So hoping that I can stick a couple into the gyms in my town soon to get coins.

Had a nice walk today and came home fully stocked with around 70 Poké Balls. Should be enough to last awhile. I'd been regularly catching Pokémon that cost 50 candies to evolve, so I think I'll stop doing that and just focus on 25s and 12s. Not worth the effort for the others.

So the anniversary event started today, and it's... pretty boring. Just catch pikachu with Ash's hat.

We lost probably six months on our schedule because of the success of the game. Really all the way through November and December, from launch onward we were rebuilding and rewiring infrastructure just to keep the game running at the scale that we were running at. We were fortunate to have a massive launch, a massive success, and many, many more users than we had planned for. But we had to redirect a substantial portion of the engineering team to [work on] infrastructure versus new features. That switched off things like extending gyms, it pushed out things we still want to have, like player-versus-player and trading. I’d say we’re about six months behind where we thought we would be.

Well, it's good to hear they do want to implement trading still. =| (I'm extra bitter rn because I've seen a corsola, a couple heracross, and a couple kangaskhan in gyms.)

The good news about the pikachu is that we get nearly the whole month to try and pick at least one up. It is a bummer of an anniversary event, especially after the gym update, but I'm kinda relieved it's not too high key since I'm stuck home waiting to hear about a potential evacuation due to the wildfire and then I plan on going to hang out with my mom again, so I won't have my usual PoGo time.

I've caught 3 so far. If this is all it is, that's kind of disappointing, but oh well. There is no way I'll be able to afford the anniversary gift, I'm only at 120 coins right now and don't know how long it'll be there for.

1 minute ago, Dew said:

I've caught 3 so far. If this is all it is, that's kind of disappointing, but oh well. There is no way I'll be able to afford the anniversary gift, I'm only at 120 coins right now and don't know how long it'll be there for.

The event goes until the 24th, AFAIK.

Now I'm afraid to go start PoGo and see the price on the box, though. I just bought an incubator the other day and am only at 26 coins. D:

53 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

The event goes until the 24th, AFAIK.

Now I'm afraid to go start PoGo and see the price on the box, though. I just bought an incubator the other day and am only at 26 coins. D:

The box honestly isn't... that much of a discount... I wouldn't worry about not getting it.

I dont really care about the  annivarsary gift box really, its way expensive , I would rather buy something else. And the new event is meh, Pikachu with Ash hat.... We could use an exp event QQ. I am really sick of hat pikachu events, thats the 3rd or 4th?. Be creative please Niantic, Pikachu is useless or make make more pokes decent to battle. Sorry I am kinda annoyed with the event. 

So, I caught more totodiles and croconaws now like 500 candies or something lolz with 3x Feraligatrs in my pocket. Caught a 2.1k cp awesome IV Typlosion with shadow claw and overheat which makes me happy. I have a raid problem in my city, people dont do  raids really. A machamp spawned yesterday and nobody battled, I was waiting an hour for someone to pop up to down it... Wish we had enough time really because I could get its hp %20s again.... 

2 hours ago, rayheart said:

I am really sick of hat pikachu events, thats the 3rd or 4th?.

It'd be great to see other pokemon that wear a hat as well, it does get a bit bland when it's always Pikachu being in the limelight. Although I definitely think the Pikachus with hats are adorable, it'd be neat to have a different pokemon (like one of the original starters) for the hat event for a change! Or maybe even have more than one hat pokemon at once.

As for events in general, I really liked the water event where water types were increased.

Did my first two raids yeaterday, both were ties 1's with Quilavas. I also unlocked Donphan! Hatched a Sudowoodo from 10K which is a major bummer, since they're so common around here.

I'd honestly be fine with the anniversary event just being doubled exp. and nothing else. I'm annoyed at all the hat Pikachus, but the good thing about them is that we can have an easier time getting that Pikachu medal. The anniversary box isn't really worth it, either.

Edited by KrazyKarp

God, I spent so much time today walking around town! I hatched my other 10K to find yet ANOTHER Sudowoodo... Where are the Mareeps and Chanseys? The funniest thing happened when we had Pokes on three different gyms, and we were walking back towards home and we noticed someone was battling on one gym we had just put our Pokemons on. It was on our route, and there was this kid sitting on the bench, trying to beat the 5 Pokemons the gym had and we just walked by and nonchalantly fed all the pokemon berries so their motivation went back to full. I felt so bad for a moment but it was honestly so funny that it was so worth it. He gave up a while later, but somebody finished the job he started like 15 mins later. 

Also caugh an Ash hat Pikachu! (that sounds so different when said quickly)

20 minutes ago, HeDy said:

That part in the parentheses and realizing it's true made me snicker surprisingly much. :D

I just caught a hat Pikachu too, I just opened the game while being in my room and one spawned right there. Her CP is just 10 but she's cute either way!

I am so sick and tired of people who dont raid really, There was a Tyranitar raid and noone but me and a lvl 23 mystic guy joined and noone else, we sat and waited till it expired and noone came. I caught a 1.2k cp seadra with good IVS and evolved to a Kingdra. I am ball farming right now, I am kinda out of balls and berries.

22 hours ago, Kaini said:

The box honestly isn't... that much of a discount... I wouldn't worry about not getting it.

Good, because I won't make it even if I get max coins every day + pretty sure I'll need to buy more space before then.

All I got about the box was an ominous and vague "a lot of good items for a discount" lol.

I do agree, this event would be a lot better if they'd also given us double XP. (I'm edging in on 33, but it's still gonna take a few weeks).

~

I spent two and a half hours walking around town today (I know because I had gotten to the park and started walking around when a brand new raid popped up), got up to 120 pokeballs (and 20 ultra balls), won two raids (magmar and exeggutor), and got at least 30k XP, but didn't see one dang pikahat. Are you kidding me!? I still have 16 more pikas until my silver pika badge, never mind the gold. The least the event could do is throw me a couple pikas. >.>

8 hours ago, HeDy said:

*ugly coughing to hide my laughter*

9 minutes ago, rayheart said:

I am so sick and tired of people who dont raid really, There was a Tyranitar raid and noone but me and a lvl 23 mystic guy joined and noone else, we sat and waited till it expired and noone came. I caught a 1.2k cp seadra with good IVS and evolved to a Kingdra. I am ball farming right now, I am kinda out of balls and berries.

Yeah, Niantec is really gonna have to do something to address that not all of us have friends who play or even people who can make raids on time even with an online group.

Congrats on kingdra! I'm so far away from a kingdra, lmao.

~

That reminds me - what are ya'll using your rare candies for? I can't decide if I want to mostly throw them at my lower CP battlers to level them up or throw them on pokes who I'm not close to evolving.