Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I didn't really go anywhere for the event, but I did a bit of walking.

Guess what I caught today on the way to work?

user posted image

Best catch ever wub.gifwub.gif - well, a breathtaking shiny 'Karp would've been better. Still, it caught Blanche's attention. So, shiny red Gyarados ... HERE I COME. biggrin.gif

Well, I guess this mostly makes make up for hatching Nidoran from 2K eggs. tongue.gif

My latest unlocks are Skiploom and Wigglytuff. smile.gif

Oh wow! I didn't even notice your awesome post yesterday! Congrats! It's nice to know they still exist. biggrin.gif

My first 10k gave me a pineco which gave me enough candiesnto unlock foretress. And my last one gave me a larvitar. biggrin.gif

Edited by Syiren

I'm getting really frustrated with glitches. Anybody else's game getting increasingly stuck and having to re-load the game? Like, my first catch of the day always gets stuck on the screen with the pokeball right before it says "gotchya", and I have to reload the game. Or after being open a little while, stops get really slow or just don't fully load, and I have to reload the game. It was particularly bad today.

I'm getting really frustrated with glitches. Anybody else's game getting increasingly stuck and having to re-load the game? Like, my first catch of the day always gets stuck on the screen with the pokeball right before it says "gotchya", and I have to reload the game. Or after being open a little while, stops get really slow or just don't fully load, and I have to reload the game. It was particularly bad today.

I thought it was just my crappy signal. It always gets glitchy for me when my character icon in the corner is mia. My buddy is still there, but my little bubble is empty. After that is when it gets glitchy for me. Stops wont spin right and pokemon error out on me or flee after only one toss.

I thought it was just my crappy signal. It always gets glitchy for me when my character icon in the corner is mia. My buddy is still there, but my little bubble is empty. After that is when it gets glitchy for me. Stops wont spin right and pokemon error out on me or flee after only one toss.

Oh my gosh, really frustrated with the game but kinda relieved it's not just me! Yeah, I have the same issues. And recently, going to look at my pokemon, the stats load, but the images never do to.

I hope they're working on this! =\

Oh my gosh, really frustrated with the game but kinda relieved it's not just me! Yeah, I have the same issues. And recently, going to look at my pokemon, the stats load, but the images never do to.

I hope they're working on this! =\

Yeah, I've been dealing with the glitches too. Pokemon erroring out, avatar bubble missing, images not loading etc. In addition, I couldn't login yesterday for a good hour, which really pissed me off because I was walking that time.

Hopefully they'll fix these soon :/

Thanks, everyone! I'm sorry to hear about the glitches; I hope Niantic fixes them soon,

My seven day streak finally gave me a King's Rock yesterday, so I unlocked Slowking after months of waiting. laugh.gif I also unlocked Typhlosion yesterday via evolution, and just an hour ago, I caught a Magnemite, which gave me enough candies to unlock Magneton.

In a case of rotten luck, I saw Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee on my nearby right after I'd finished my morning walk today. I wish they'd spawned ten minutes earlier, but such is the nature of Pokemon Go. At least I didn't need to unlock them.

Edited by obelisk_light

Put pokemon in three different gyms today. Normally they're all dominated by Mystic but someone from Valor managed to knock them down and take them over. It didn't last long, but it was nice to hold triangle tower for a bit. (seriously the gyms formed a perfect triangle they were so close to each other.)

And three eggs hatched for me today. Two 2ks and a 10k. The two were a Krabby and a Slowpoke which was....eh. As for the 10K I was hoping for a Mareep or a Chansey, but I got a Lapras. Not what I was wanting, but I'm not going to complain. It is my favorite Kanto water pokemon after all and such a powerhouse too. It's only got 1460CP, but it's got good stats. smile.gif

Yesterday I unlocked flareon (the last of the eevee evolutions) and fearow. Where I am, most of the gyms I see are instinct.

There's a rock festival that's going to be starting soon. Was really hoping they'd do a fire type festival next 🤔 I really want a Quilava so bad.

I do need to unlock tyranitar, omastar, and aerodactyl, so anything to help that would be nice. If I could at least hatch a corsola, that'd be nice, too. I better get some pokeballs before it starts, though...

I bet they will do a fire event at some point, though!

There's a rock festival that's going to be starting soon. Was really hoping they'd do a fire type festival next 🤔 I really want a Quilava so bad.

Ou! A rock event sounds awesome. I could definitely use the help unlocking some evolved pokemon. I would also love to start collecting the fossils since I have none.

ETA: Guys! Walk your 5K buddies during the event. They'll get candies 4 times faster during the event. From the 18th through the 25th. We'll also get more items at each stop and poke balls are 50% off in the shop and we get a new hat for the event!

Edited by Syiren

1pm PDT on May 18th? So when is it supposed to start exactly?

1pm PDT on May 18th? So when is it supposed to start exactly?

If I'm getting my East Coast and West coast comparison times right, it should be between 4 and 5 PM cave time today.

It started! Already caught a Shuckle

I wish they would focus more on fixing bugs. There are errors a lot, I can't even log in right now, and I can hardly battle because of bugs! The rock festival is great, and I'm not saying I don't like that there is one, but I can't even get on currently.

I haven't been having any problems with the game.

Just ran to catch some geodude and unlocked an aerodactyl, kabuto and a dunsparce. There's an Omanyte at the end of the street right now but it's too hot to run out again. Maybe before bed ill go for a quick walk to see.

I also caught five slugmas too. They suddenly started showing up today.

I haven't been having any problems with the game.

Just ran to catch some geodude and unlocked an aerodactyl, kabuto and a dunsparce. There's an Omanyte at the end of the street right now but it's too hot to run out again. Maybe before bed ill go for a quick walk to see.

I also caught five slugmas too. They suddenly started showing up today.

I'm jealous! I really want an Aerodactyl! Anyway, caught enough Geodudes to evolve into a Graveler and catching Slugmas like crazy. I need Onix for a Steelix 🤔

Meh. Caught an onyx by chance (when my person popped up miles away from where I was), but didn't really seem like a rock event for the few stops I have near me. The notification popped up, but not an abundance of rock poke. Gonna try to go to the awesome park tomorrow, if I can wake up earlier enough to get home in time to make dinner for the fam.

There was a bunch of stuff, but of course it was when I was helping with someone else's account.

I'm glad its around for a week. It's too late to go out, but there a kabuto a couple of blocks away. I need to unlock it dang it. Also, yeah what is with the slugma? Not complaining, I need more candies for it. Is Magcargo part rock type? I forget.

I'm glad its around for a week. It's too late to go out, but there a kabuto a couple of blocks away. I need to unlock it dang it. Also, yeah what is with the slugma? Not complaining, I need more candies for it. Is Magcargo part rock type? I forget.

I don't know why Slumgas are appearing more often than Magcargo but yes, Magcargo are indeed part rock type.

I don't know why Slumgas are appearing more often than Magcargo but yes, Magcargo are indeed part rock type.

Then thats why, since Sligma evolve into Magcargo, they're making it easier to evolve one. smile.gif

I'm so mad at this event. If it's gonna make it easier to get fossils then they need to stick by a stop longer than two flipping minutes. I didn't waste time getting to the post office to get an omanyte, but had to stop because of busy traffic. When I got there it was gone. It was only there for two minutes. I timed it from when it appeared. I'm not just salty, I'm near boiling.

@Syiren: that sucks. If there was a way to transfer 'mon to another user, I would've sent some of the Omanyte that I caught today to you.

I'm loving the event a lot more than I thought I would! (Geodude, Slugma and Snubbull spawn more than Nidoran where I live, on normal days.) I caught a ton of Kabuto and Omanyte, and my second Aerodactyl on my work commute today. I also unlocked Kabutops, Donphan and Pupitar. I hope to unlock Steelix by the time the event ends. biggrin.gif (Onyx needs to spawn a lot more!)

Edited by obelisk_light

I have a lot of the fossil pokemon already so i'm mostly excited about the fact stops are giving out more items for a week, lol. Gonna try to stock up.

Honestly from what I got yesterday, stops should always give out items like this? It seems less like a huge event windfall and more like 'oh huh I can actually keep up with playing now'.