Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

So, I haven't had too much of progress in the game. But soon will hit lvl 29 eventually.

However... me and my friend went today to catch some pokemons (there's even Kabuto nest now). We then spotted a triangle of Swinubs, which was sort of funny. I ended up catching all of them with her. Since we were after Diglett, we didn't appraise them.

Though later my friend appraised them and noted there was one simply amazing among them, making me check them. None of mine were simply amazing. So we conducted some tests by capturing same pokemon.

At times when same pokemon had same appraisal, the highest IV was different (for example, first Pidgey we caught was mayo [we call may not be great as such], I had highest IV as HP, while she had Defense).

...so guess how salty I was at this change, when Hoppip which she caught ended up being simply amazing with all IVs being equal and having how exciting? I missed my chance at Skipbloom since mine was only mayo.

...I really don't like this change. It was enough for my friend to appraise, but now we both have to do it...

I do have to ponder when exactly this change came around... or if this is just me.

In case someone else has friend they are hunting Pokemons with, any similar experiences are welcome.

I've noticed that some pokemon which I've caught that my brother also caught sometimes had different cp. Although, all of the pokemon that I caught that turned into ditto that my brother also caught also turned into a ditto.

Pokemon Go is pretty much dead around here ~ I only ever played it once and caught a Weedle and Eevee and deleted the ap after xd.png

Only 11k to level 31!!! Less than 2km on my new 10km egg, then I have a bunch of 5kms to walk. xP

Well, pokemon go hated my guts today. Woke up this morning and checked the nearby list. (I've really got to stop doing that) A cyndaquil was just down the street. I literally roll out of bed, hurry down there to catch it and what happens? the darn thing wastes all my Ultraballs and runs.

As if that wasn't bad enough. I just get out of work, my neighbor is kind enough to give me a ride home and I play Go. What appears? A beautifully powerful Bulbasaur at 630CP. Strongest one I've ever seen. Had built up a few more ultra balls and what happens? Yup, you guessed it. The little punk ran.

WHY DO THE STARTERS HATE ME SO MUCH?! that makes six starters in a row. sad.gif

I wish you could walk a team at a time instead of just one pokemon.

I didn't know it was possible to get evolve items from stops other than on 7th streak day? Anyway, I got the King's rock I've been looking for and unlocked Slowking!

I didn't know it was possible to get evolve items from stops other than on 7th streak day? Anyway, I got the King's rock I've been looking for and unlocked Slowking!

Wait, what do you mean?

you have a chance to get evolution items anytime you go to a stop, it's just guaranteed that you will get one on the 7th day.

Edited by water_angel

you have a chance to get evolution items anytime you go to a stop, it's just guaranteed that you will get one on the 7th day.

Agreed. It's happened to me three times.

I caught an Eevee on today's evening walk, which gave me enough candies to unlock Jolteon. wub.gif I'm slowly walking my way towards Typhlosion. smile.gif

My local Pokestop gave me a 10 km egg. I hope it hatches into something good. smile.gifPineco or Pinsir would just piss me off, LOL.

Edited by obelisk_light

I didn't realize it was my 7 day streak. And I got a dragon scale. An item I habe been needing. Now I just gotta get a few more candies for my seadra and I'll unlock an awesome Kingdra. biggrin.gif

You guys should follow pokemon go news, or the silph road - the IV changes have been talked about for a while in the absence of anything else to talk about.

It was found in the game's APK that now, for players 1-29, a pokemon's IVs are different for every player, not just their cp.

So if you and your friend both catch the same swinub, and you're not over 30, they'll both have randomly different IVs plus a different CP that scales to your level.

Its thought that this is a precursor to a mass shiny release, since shinies aren't guaranteed between different players either.

But seriously you don't need to speculate, there are people out there reading the games code and a quick google search can let you know for sure.

Is there going to be anyway to get evolution items other than a seventh day streak on the Pokestops?

You can get them randomly any other time at pokestops. It's just guaranteed on the seventh day.

You can get them randomly any other time at pokestops. It's just guaranteed on the seventh day.

^ This. You can get them randomly at any time from a stop, it's just very rare.

Hatched a togepi this morning on my bike ride to work!!! And unlocked yanma last night at the bowling alley.

Today I caught a wartortle. I'm about 1/4 of the way to a blastoise. My two 10k eggs are really close to hatching. I hope I get something good! My scyther got a candy today too. This is going to take a long time.

Got a dragon scale the other day, now just need Horsea candies. What happens today? Find two of them right next to each other. Pinuped both and now I'm 12 candies closer. That was awesome. biggrin.gif

A little disappointed that Pokemon Go wasn't working when I ran some errands all over town this afternoon, easily totaling 5k. Were they having server issues today?

A little disappointed that Pokemon Go wasn't working when I ran some errands all over town this afternoon, easily totaling 5k. Were they having server issues today?

Aw, that sucks! D:

We ran to the commissary, so I didn't do a whole lot, but I was off and on PoGo to try and catch stops at lights, and it was working fine for me. </3

~

Blugh. I have to go to WalMart to pick up a prescription tomorrow, then my mom and I have an REI class on hiking in New Zealand we're going to, so I won't have time, but I really need to find some place in town with stops, at least one gym, and that I feel safe walking around. >.> I'm only 15k from 31. I want it so bad.

That's pretty cool Sock. I wonder what kind of pokemon can be found in New Zealand?

I just got to level 21! When I was helping with my brother's account on sunday, we found two rhyhorns like right next to each other. Since my brother needs the candy, it was great! I used a pinap berry on one of them.

I'm only two candies away from unlocking Granbull and one candy away from Weezing! I also hatched three 2km eggs today, and two of them were Gastly, and my 5km was a Wooper, very underwhelming I have to say.

My 10k eggs hatched today. i think I got something new...and a pineco.

(The REI class was very awesome, but the instructors couldn't tell me about PoGo, lol.)

My lil person ran around WalMart enough it finished off my 10km, which surprised me with a skamory. I still think 10kms should only hatch good battlers, though. >.>

10k xp left to go until level 31. I have my sister's dance show tomorrow, so leveling up will have to wait more yet.

Congrats on the level up, Peachycupcake525!