Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

There's a promo code update that went into effect for andriod users. Go to shop and scroll to tje bottom, no one knows wjat the codes are, but it can get u free items like lures and lucky eggs.

There's also a rumor about legendaries being released this summer, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

I just realised I'd unticked the promotions option in the game. I hope I'm not too late to get a promo code (if I get one).

In other new, my latest 5K egg gave me a Natu. dry.gif The 10K egg gave me Chansey, which kinda made up for it. laugh.gif

I have another 5K and 10K going; I hope BOTH of them turn out to be useful.

There's no actual promo codes out there yet - just the ability to punch them in. We'll see how Niantic releases the codes themselves.

Congrats on the chansey, obelisk!!!

~

I wondered if the promos thing was new or if I'd just been that unobservant. xP

Grass type spawn event starts tomorrow afternoon! Only lasts for a couple days, until the... 8th.

There are rumors it might include shiny eevee, but that's only a rumor.

Shoot, guess I'll be driving to town. An event around my house isn't going to be much fun.

Thanks for the head's up, Kaini!

Grass type spawn event starts tomorrow afternoon! Only lasts for a couple days, until the... 8th.

Quoting this for the new page.

Always happy to encourage you to spend money on gas, Sock. Lol. I'll be working all weekend sadly. Long shifts.

Thanks for the heads up Kai!

I had a successful walk in the forest yesterday, unlocked Granbull and hatched an Oddish from 5K, so I evolved my Gloom, unlocking Bellossom! Today, I got two Togepis from 2Ks and found my first Cyndaquil. Overall very happy day PoGo-wise!

no....... please... not again,..... not when it's this hot.... spending all day hunting shiny karp was barely acceptable when it was cold out but if this is real ya'll are gonna find me outside on the pavement lookin like a fried egg

i uh dont have any strong feelings about the grass type event. thats nice i guess.

Edited by Switch

I caught a breathtaking wild Togetic on the first try today. I was half-expecting it to run away like the wild Typhlosion did on Sunday. (I hatched a Cyndaquil a few days later, and I'm nine candies away from unlocking Typhlosion via evolution, so I'm over it. tongue.gif)

The forecast here is pouring rain for the next week, I hope I can get out and try for some grass types. I really need a chikorita! And some more bulbasaur and oddish to get my bellossom. And whatever other grass type im forgetting that I don't have. A tangela would be nice too.

I did get another 10k egg on Tuesday. Please be a Mareep!

I don't think it's Eevee that will be shiny, but the image on the pokemon go announcement image shows ab oddly colored Bulbasaur, so maybe its our favorite little grass kanto starter that will be shiny?

Hope you get to at least hit a couple stops/catch some grassies, Kaini!

~

Went to a park with 13 stops and one gym (level 10 for a competing team). I feel like pokemon weren't really dropping like they usually are? I usually get a group of pokemon at most stops, if not all. I got about one pokemon every few stops, which was frustrating. But at least I did get some good catching. Caught and unlocked a venasaur and am 3/4 of the way to evolving my own great one. About halfway-ish (little less) to fully evolving and unlocking chikorita - but still haven't caught a great one. About halfway to a driftloon but still haven't caught a good hoppip. Only a few candies left until I can evolve and unlock a great vileplume. And halfway to another amazing exeggutor. Plus caught some extra bellsprout.

All gyms I saw, instinct or other, were already level 10s or close enough that it wasn't worth spending any time battling alone. =\ I miss CO, as there were actually instinct gyms I could get in there, lol. One of my four pokemon has been kicked already, though. =x

It's amazing how quickly items and even pokemon slots can fill up. I hit a full bag almost right after I upgraded my space. =o

On the awesome side, I FINALLY hit level 31, after being only 15k away for more than a week now, lol. Whoo!

EDIT: Haven't seen any news on the shiny front, but apparently lure modules are supposed to last extra long during this event.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I got a couple more bulbasaur, plenty of sunkurn to unlock sunflora, and just enough eggecute to evolve and unlock an eggecutor. Got very wet for the last 10 minutes of the walk but did find a chikorita! My 2k egg hatched into an onyx so added a few more candies. Someday I'll get there. Put 3.4 into my 10k egg.

I also found out that when using the poke walker it will only use your poke balls so if you don't have any you're stuck catching manually with the great or ultra balls.

3k away from level 25.

Already caught 3 Chikoritas today, but still far away from a Meganium, same with Venysaur. My 2K hatched a Krabby which I'm still a bit bitter about.

I got an exeggutor, whatever a bellsprout evolves into, another thing, and whatever a sunkern evolves into. From an egg I got a Onix. All of those were unlocks. I got a bulbasaur or two as well. I working towards level 22. We went to a mall to get stuff, but it wasn't very good. Not enough pokestops or gyms.

Someone said lures lasted 6 hours, which I didn't believe yesterday when I posted, but maybe they really do (until the 8th, anyway). =o The park I went to yesterday, there was some team effort to lure all 13 stops. They were going strong when I pulled up. I spent nearly two hours there, and they were still going strong when I left. =o

Which was nice, as it gave me loads more pokemon than yesterday, but I could have personally used less lures. Yesterday, the ratio of stops was much higher than pokemon appearing, so I went up 45 balls or so to nearly 100. Today, the ratio of pokemon was much higher than amount of stops, so I'm back down to 10 balls. =o

But on the plus side, I can completely evolve to a venasaur, victreebel, vileplume (did they make so many full grass evolutions start with v on purpose, lol?), exeggecute, and two sunflora. I'm just one or two hoppip away from fully evolving one of them. And yesterday I was like 1/4 of the way to fully evolving chikorita, and today I'm actually at 3/4, so wouldn't mind walking a chikorita for a while. And I actually caught some great hoppip, sunflora, and chikorita today - they were all poor stats yesterday. The only bummer is that I actually forgot about bellossom or I would have used some pinap berries (which I'm now totally out of) on oddish. I will not at all have a decent start for saving up for bellossom. Hopefully I'll run across more oddish tomorrow than I did today.

Got a few 2km eggs from this event (my 5km egg to hatch today was a growlithe >.> ), so I hope they're some good grass types. o3o

Finally, still haven't seen any confirmation on shiny bulbasaur, so I'm personally leaning towards that just being a rumor.

There wasn't a single grass 'mon spawning yesterday near my house. I hope the spawn situation is better today - I need to unlock Skiploom, Jumppluff, Vileplume and Bellossom. (Yup, that's definitely asking for too much for a two-day event.)

Edited by obelisk_light

Did a quick half hour walk this morning and caught a second chikorita and a jumpluff showed up at the church and I made it in time to catch it. The sunkern are everywhere here I have five on my radar that I can see from my house. And am halfway to hatching my 10k egg.

Yea, it doesn't look like there's anything else to this event besides the grass types and 6-hour lures. The shiny thing was just a rumor based on how they released the karp.

Oh well. I haven't done much because I've been working - my only day off is tomorrow.

Aww, sorry, Kaini. Maybe you'll get lucky and get some nice catches tomorrow.

~

Grass pokemon weren't appearing that often today when I started, even though players had lured all the stops again, but the longer I walked, the more showed up! So I'm pretty happy. The only thing I'll have to walk for is a bellossum, which I'll be about halfway or less in candies depending on if I fully evolve or evolve one of my glooms from a few levels ago, but I still need another sun stone, anyway. I only have one and was planning on using it for a sunkern. =o

2km eggs were disappointing, though: a nidoran and igglybuff. >.>

After 126km walking, I finally have enough squirtle candies for my first blastoise! Now walking onyx, which I didn't realize was a 5km walk, but luckily I only need four candies. I'll have to double check, though. I'm not sure if either of my onyx's are actually good, so the walking might not have been a great idea, lol.

And I found a gym that was knocked down to level 9. =o I stuck a poke in it, but everyone's pokemon were right on the cusp of 3000 cp or over, so I have the weakest spot. I even tried evolving some of my recent eevees and rhyhorns, but nothing I have is even 2900 cp. ;~; Consoling myself with the fact everyone in the gym is level 33 or above (someone there is a level 38, like holy crap, they must spend a lot of time playing).

My snorlax might go up to around 3000 cp, but I need to walk 'em for candies. >_e Dragonite, too, but if I want to evolve a newer dratini for more cp possibility, I need more candy. D|

Ampharos popped up today but ran away after one catch attempt. *sob*

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Guess what I caught today on the way to work?

user posted image

Best catch ever wub.gifwub.gif - well, a breathtaking shiny 'Karp would've been better. Still, it caught Blanche's attention. So, shiny red Gyarados ... HERE I COME. biggrin.gif

Well, I guess this mostly makes make up for hatching Nidoran from 2K eggs. tongue.gif

My latest unlocks are Skiploom and Wigglytuff. smile.gif

Edited by obelisk_light

Didn't hatch anything awesome from my 2 or 5ks, but Ive got a couple of 10ks that will hatch soon. I'm hoping for chansey or mareep.

Guess what I caught today on the way to work?

Congrats!!!

~

I'm totally out of pokeballs from the event (but am very happy with my candy progress), so I need to make it back to the park to stock up. It's harder to get out of the house with my parents home, though. =x Plus it was stormy today, and it's not the best idea to leave the dog alone when it's stormy.