Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Does Pokemon Picross count as a pokemon spinoff?

Because I've been having a lot of fun with that. Aside from the annoying in-game-currency of Picrites, that you can gain through daily training or by paying money, it's really nice to have a bit of a time limit on a cool puzzle smile.gif

Does Pokemon Picross count as a pokemon spinoff?

Because I've been having a lot of fun with that. Aside from the annoying in-game-currency of Picrites, that you can gain through daily training or by paying money, it's really nice to have a bit of a time limit on a cool puzzle smile.gif

I have always hated this type of puzzle but this game has taught me some strategies and now they dont seem so bad whenever i encounter them in other games. I just opened up area 20 and am all caught up on the missions that i have the right pokemon for. Im debating whether to save up for my last energy upgrade or Moving onto the next area. one takes 230 the energy upgrade takes 400 and would give me unlimited energy...

OK, in my nearest vicinity there were three pokegyms taken over by my team (Mystic, to be exact), all of them on Level 10 of prestige with some really strong Pokemon defending them. One day I turned on the game and guess what? They were all taken down! Empty! I still have no idea how all three of them could have been overthrown so easily.

When you fight the gyms with other people, it's easier to defeat the defending pokemon. So it wouldn't be too hard for a team of 5 or so to take down I don't think.

CPs have changed and event is coming up with bonus stardust from the 23rd

CPs have changed and event is coming up with bonus stardust from the 23rd

The don't seem to have changed consistently, which is what threw me off when I was suddenly looking at an odd arrangement of pokemon. o_O I wish the app was better at announcing updates. >_>

Also I hear we're supposed to get double experience. 23rd - 30th?

The don't seem to have changed consistently, which is what threw me off when I was suddenly looking at an odd arrangement of pokemon. o_O I wish the app was better at announcing updates. >_>

Also I hear we're supposed to get double experience. 23rd - 30th?

Some went up and some went down.

I'm not sure, I just remembered the bonus stardust so I just said that cause I would rather miss something than be wrong and get people excited about something that isn't happening. tongue.gif

I'll look for the announcement now.

Trainers,

It has been an incredible experience since we launched Pokémon GO a few short months ago in July. We are passionate about creating experiences that encourage exploration and promote exercise. We are humbled that hundreds of millions of you around the world have joined us on this journey. So we would like to say thank you - and what better way to say thank you than to celebrate our community.

So, starting November 23rd at 00:00 UTC and going through November 30th 00:00 UTC, we will double the amount of XP and Stardust you receive when completing in-game actions.

The Pokémon GO team

Adjustments to the Combat Power of Various Pokémon

Trainers,

We have made adjustments to the CP (Combat Power) of various Pokémon. Some Pokémon, such as Alakazam, Rhydon, and Gengar will have their CP increased. Others will have their CP lowered. These changes will allow a more balanced and competitive battling and training experience in Gyms. We will continue to adjust the CP going forward to improve the game balance when necessary.

The Pokémon GO team

Form facebook:

CP CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO YOUR POKEMON ... Here's a list of the CP changes in Pokemon that are known so far:

" Going up: Alakazam, Aerodactyl, Beedrill, Butterfree, Chansey, Charizard, Cloyster, Electabuzz, Electrode, Flareon, Hitmonlee, Gengar, Golem, Gydrados, Jolteon, Jynx, Kingler, Machamp, Magneton, Mr. Mime, Muk, Omastar, Onix, Pinsir, Pidgeot, Primeape, Raichu, Rhydon, Sandslash, Scyther, Snorlax, Starmie, Tangela, Tauros, Tentacruel, Vaporeon

Going Down: Arcanine, Blastoise, Clefable, Dewgong, Dragonite(?), Exeggutor, Golduck, Hypno, Lickitung, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Parasect, Poliwrath, Porygon, Seadra, Slowbro, Venusaur, Victreebell,Vileplume, Wigglytuff

Edited by AppleMango

how is buffing vaporeon and nerfing several of its counters balanced

btw hey niantic wanna refund me those stardust and candies i wasted :)

btw hey niantic wanna refund me those stardust and candies i wasted smile.gif

Yeah I know ;/

Also I heard Charizard was the strongest starter (fully evolved) and blastiose was the weakest, but charizard got stronger and blastoise got weaker so? ;/

SPOILER:

People have been catching Pokemon and they have been turning into ditto. Not all of them, but that's how ditto spawns.

Edited by AppleMango

btw hey niantic wanna refund me those stardust and candies i wasted smile.gif

srsly i have a hard enough time beating snorlax already and everyone around me already had 2000 cp snorlax and yet niantec upped their CP by even more!? what in the world???

~

Also really wish niantec had at least pretended they were going to address the imbalance between pokemon and pokeballs spawned and given before this event. Battling for xp is really great now but it doesn't give stardust.

On the good news side of things, the pokemon sightings feature is finally useful! As long as you know the area, lol.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

On the good news side of things, the pokemon sightings feature is finally useful! As long as you know the area, lol.

No, it's useful.

Click on the Pokemon you want to find, and then click on the feet underneath and it will show you on the map and you can track it.

Edited by AppleMango

I was not being sarcastic.

I meant it's useful even when you don't know the area because you can make it show up on your map. I was a bit unclear I should have added that sorry smile.gif

I'm having a hard time finding it useful at all :S

I think it's a huge mistake for Niantic to have the tracking feature tied to pokestops. But maybe that's because I live in such a rural area - again, like 4 pokestops I can access regularly, so outside of being near those, I can't track pokemon. And they're a couple miles apart, each.

There's one right near my house, but it's behind the art museum and not really a place I can GO. Especially at night when the museum is closed... The others are in parking lots... where I can't really wander around and follow pokemon all that much.

I can't track pokemon in places I actually have a chance to WALK, like the nature trail or at the mall. Because there are no stops :S

I'm sure it's great for people who play in big cities, where there's a pokestop every block, but for people in small towns... it really stinks. It's not usable.

the new tracker is pretty bad. im constantly finding pokemon that just arent on the radar at all and dont get updated to be on it no matter how long i wait, and im not the only one. and the radius around pokestops is so huge it's pretty much useless for giving you any useful indication of where the pokemon is. but even though it seems so big pokemon are always missing from it?! the steps only indicate how far you are from the stop, not the pokemon. i wish they would stop wasting time with this and just give us a tracker with proper directions god.

Edited by Switch

Imagine the surprise when instead of "Gotcha!", you get "Oh!", wondering if you broke the app somehow... then being "Hey, Zubat, you okay?" only to see it transform into Ditto.

user posted image

...So yeah, unknowingly caught myself Ditto. Fought very hard to keep smoothie in my mouth while being wide-eyed.

...also don't know how many gained the "What the...?" expression while I was looking surprised in public.

YES the good news is, they added Ditto to the game. Which I have yet to catch! It's only mildly icing my hatred for the tracker.

Edited by Kaini

I'm having a hard time finding it useful at all :S

I think it's a huge mistake for Niantic to have the tracking feature tied to pokestops. But maybe that's because I live in such a rural area - again, like 4 pokestops I can access regularly, so outside of being near those, I can't track pokemon. And they're a couple miles apart, each.

There's one right near my house, but it's behind the art museum and not really a place I can GO. Especially at night when the museum is closed... The others are in parking lots... where I can't really wander around and follow pokemon all that much.

I can't track pokemon in places I actually have a chance to WALK, like the nature trail or at the mall. Because there are no stops :S

I'm sure it's great for people who play in big cities, where there's a pokestop every block, but for people in small towns... it really stinks. It's not usable.

I didn't even think about that. That's a good point.

I guess cause I just had a look but didn't actually go out and play and thus use the tracker yet.

They shouldn't be tied to Pokestops that's stupid.

the new tracker is pretty bad. im constantly finding pokemon that just arent on the radar at all and dont get updated to be on it no matter how long i wait, and im not the only one. and the radius around pokestops is so huge it's pretty much useless for giving you any useful indication of where the pokemon is. but even though it seems so big pokemon are always missing from it?! the steps only indicate how far you are from the stop, not the pokemon. i wish they would stop wasting time with this and just give us a tracker with proper directions god.

Those issues have been present for me since waaaaay before the update. The sightings only seems to show you what pokemon are hanging around stops. There's plenty of pidgey and rattata and stuff that just randomly pops up - sometimes less common pokemon as well. But getting close to a pokestop has always caused a hoard of pokemon to suddenly appear, not so much if I'm not near a stop. But the radius of the person is so large that so far I haven't had an issue with a pokemon not appearing at the stop it's tied to according to the tracker. I've really only walked around the park a few times testing the tracker, though. o.o

~

Caught a pidgey that turned into a ditto. Only 61 CP, though, lol.

And caught my first wild magikarp. Only 380 pieces of candy left to go. rolleyes.gif

Plus apparently Labonte is now a breeding ground for weedle, so I have enough candy to fully evolve my first beedrill.

I still have yet to catch a ditto, but it appeared in my dex as 'seen' so clearly one of those rattata that ran was one of them, LOL. Hot dang.

I still have yet to catch a ditto, but it appeared in my dex as 'seen' so clearly one of those rattata that ran was one of them, LOL. Hot dang.

It would help if they fixed the imbalance between pokeballs and pokemon so that you could actually afford to try for all those commons that pop up. rolleyes.gif

Those issues have been present for me since waaaaay before the update. The sightings only seems to show you what pokemon are hanging around stops. There's plenty of pidgey and rattata and stuff that just randomly pops up - sometimes less common pokemon as well. But getting close to a pokestop has always caused a hoard of pokemon to suddenly appear, not so much if I'm not near a stop. But the radius of the person is so large that so far I haven't had an issue with a pokemon not appearing at the stop it's tied to according to the tracker. I've really only walked around the park a few times testing the tracker, though. o.o

~

Caught a pidgey that turned into a ditto. Only 61 CP, though, lol.

And caught my first wild magikarp. Only 380 pieces of candy left to go. rolleyes.gif

Plus apparently Labonte is now a breeding ground for weedle, so I have enough candy to fully evolve my first beedrill.

They're probably using Pokestops so they can have a photo on the thing. If they just showed it on the map it would be better.

behold the result of my first ever 10km egg

user posted image

she's pretty good as far as aerodactyls go so i guess im satisfied

in other news the ditto update ruined me because i have to catch every single pokemon i see now just in case it's ditto

Edited by Switch

I'm angry that my Seels are weakened, I think it's pretty unfair. sad.gif On the other hand, I caught a breathtaking Ditto which came as a Pidgey so I'm happy about that. smile.gif

Also, my Pokedex says that I've seen an Omanyte somewhere, and I could have SWORN that it's not true. blink.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

They're probably using Pokestops so they can have a photo on the thing. If they just showed it on the map it would be better.

I'm... confused why this is in response to me? Like, I'm not arguing that the tracker could be better. I was just saying that the issues described didn't come with the tracker - they've been how the sightings have been acting for the past few weeks.

~

Wow, congrats, Switch!

*Silver Fox* - maybe at a gym? =o

EDIT: Hello, level 26, machop with nice CP, horsea with a nice CP, and enough sandshrew candies to evolve the awesome sandshrew I just hatched. :D