Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

With the pokestops.. they apparently put a speed limit on them now so if you're going too fast they won't spin. It sucks especially since stops are only giving like 3 balls. dry.gif

With the pokestops.. they apparently put a speed limit on them now so if you're going too fast they won't spin. It sucks especially since stops are only giving like 3 balls.  <_<

yeah i figured speedlocking affected it. they really, REALLY don't want you to play pokemon go in a car even if you're a passenger. they already made it so pokemon wont spawn if you hit the speedlimit and now i cant even spin stops when im hitching a ride which was literally my biggest source of pokeballs

like why even have the "im a passenger" button if ur gonna do this. ppl who actually drive and play are just cruising to get around it anyway....... they always have been..... pretty much every safety/anti-cheat measure niantic has put in just hurts legit players and is nothing for the ppl theyre trying to stop..

also im loving this new feature where sometimes a wild pokemon's CP just doesnt load 98% of the time. even if i wait. even if i throw pokeballs at it. should i be using pokeballs or great balls on this thing? should i bother with a razz berry? i'll never know cuz it's not gonna show me its CP until i catch it. what a good update.

Edited by Switch

I keep wasting more pokeballs than I can get and it's driving me nuts. I also can't handle having only one incubator, it takes forever to hatch all these eggs I have so I'm trying to gather enough pokecoins to buy another one. On the bright side I finally got the golden fairy type badge. smile.gif

Pokemon Go is still a thing? Pretty sure it's ded

I still play as actively as I can! Problem is that Winter is approaching and people won't want to leave their homes to Pokemon Go. Also, all the people who were doing it because it was mainstream have dropped out of the craze. So there's that too.

Pokemon Go is still a thing? Pretty sure it's ded

Well, clearly it's not, since you just came into a thread where at least half a dozen of us are discussing it.

?????????????????????????????????????????????

With the pokestops.. they apparently put a speed limit on them now so if you're going too fast they won't spin. It sucks especially since stops are only giving like 3 balls.

Sucks, but I think that's unrelated to the try again later message - I've literally been standing there next to the pokestop not moving, and it still gives me the error. D|

I've also gotten three potions and no balls from stops quite a bit. I wish stops had to give you at least one ball. :<

EDIT: It'd also be nice if leveling up got you regular pokeballs again. =_=

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Sucks, but I think that's unrelated to the try again later message - I've literally been standing there next to the pokestop not moving, and it still gives me the error. D|

I've also gotten three potions and no balls from stops quite a bit. I wish stops had to give you at least one ball. :<

That's weird. With the new update, most of the pokestops give me so many items it fills an entire line of the screen (one line straight down).

The thing that REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS is when the pokemon that I need the most always run away... *cries*

That's weird. With the new update, most of the pokestops give me so many items it fills an entire line of the screen (one line straight down).

Since the update or since the event (because didn't they happen at, like, the same time)?

Because the number of pokemon I've seen since the event literally hasn't changed. I'm getting 5k - 10k experience a day, and I only play for about an hour (and tbh only for that long because once I load the game, I'm inundated with 50 million pokemon and my five minute walk turns into an hour long).

Which is why I think there's something actually legit wrong with PoGo. I don't think it reverted everything correctly after the event was supposed to end, so I'm seeing too many pokemon and you're getting too many items. ("too many")

EDIT: Finally power evolved again (had been waiting for enough charmander and ekans candies). Of course had too many to evolve in one half hour again, lol, but decided against using a second lucky egg this time. Got 67k using the egg, plus five unlocks (one new pokemon away from my silver pokedex medal) during the egg. Got another 33k afterwards. Level 25 finally. And can go transfer some pokemon (only have 10 spaces left, lol).

Got some nice marohawks with earthquake and a surprisingly good rapidash. And built up my eeveelutions, so now I have a good team to take down vaporeons - got a handful of good jolteons. Plus I finally got some golems with earthquake, yay!

The thing that REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS is when the pokemon that I need the most always run away... *cries*

Every Pokestop or the first one everyday? I think there is a bonus for the first one everyday, and I think there is a bonus for every one if you have spun pokestops for consecutive days

Every Pokestop or the first one everyday? I think there is a bonus for the first one everyday, and I think there is a bonus for every one if you have spun pokestops for consecutive days

Oh yeah, I did forget to mention that the bonus feature is really awesome.

EDIT: Yay, hatched a doduo, so I can finally evolve a dotrio. Debating evolving it now but will probably wait for some more unlocks to do a lucky egg and evolve it then. Only nothing else is really that close. It'll take quite a bit of buddy walking to get things ready. =x

The 'try again later' is in fact the speed cap on pokestops. That's the message it gives you if you're going too fast.

Oddly enough I can still get pokestops while moving with my GO plus, but since it was ALWAYS really finicky about that, it's up to luck if I get it or not. Sometimes the plus will register a stop, sometimes it will just blow on by. Idk.

It also gives you that message if you got the stop already, with your GO plus or something, or if you got it and it didn't give you the visual.

Does Go Plus also count distance or nah?

It does, sock. It counts your distance with your phone screen off, which was my main motivator in buying it. It also seems to track distance BETTER than just the phone, honestly?

The daily pokestop bonus is nice but... I'm still continually out of balls. I REALLY REALLY think this is something that needs to be re-balanced. Because 1-3 balls a stop is not enough, especially if you (again) live in a town where you have access to one stop a day, average.

Last night I also sat on the college campus for 5 hours in the computer lab - which can access a pokestop from it. I was there for FIVE HOURS and only ended up with 25-30 balls. FIVE HOURS! And I blew through those balls practically on the way home.... . . . .

It does, sock. It counts your distance with your phone screen off, which was my main motivator in buying it. It also seems to track distance BETTER than just the phone, honestly?

Thanks! Debating asking for one for Christmas. o3o

~

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling hoping that might result in more managable levels of pokemon, but no go. =x

The 'try again later' is in fact the speed cap on pokestops. That's the message it gives you if you're going too fast.

Why even have the "I'm a passenger" thing, then? People who really want to play PokeGo while driving will still do so, and people who want to snag PokeStopsduring a long drive will be stuck unable to do anything.

PokeGo has a lot of problems, and this isn't a big one comparatively, but ugggggggggggh it's just another annoyance on a pile of other annoyances.

Thanks! Debating asking for one for Christmas. o3o

~

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling hoping that might result in more managable levels of pokemon, but no go. =x

I like my go plus a lot, I say get one! You can still sometimes get stops while moving with the plus, AND pokemon still spawn while driving when using the plus. I guess bc you're not using your screen. Much safer.

But yea the speed cap is super stupid and annoying. Make the 'passenger' waiver and leave it at that. Train commuters and passengers can't do anything now :S Niantic making poor decisions.

You know, I despised Incineroar, but I was watching Madagascar 3 and Vitaly reminded me of Incineroar do I might actually go with him in the end.

Why even have the "I'm a passenger" thing, then? People who really want to play PokeGo while driving will still do so, and people who want to snag PokeStopsduring a long drive will be stuck unable to do anything.

Considering there's not a "no, I'm not a passenger, get me outta here!" option, I'm guessing accepting that you're a passenger is actually accepting responsibility to slow down and saying you're a passenger is just trying to discourage you from playing while driving. Not saying it's the right way to handle it, though. =\

I get the passenger warning every time I just open the app. >_<

I REALLY REALLY think this is something that needs to be re-balanced.

^^^ I ignored a couple thousand experience points worth of pokemon yesterday to stock up to 40 pokeballs. Even regularly visiting pokestops (there are several between my office and the gym) today, I'm already back down to less than 10.

I like my go plus a lot, I say get one! You can still sometimes get stops while moving with the plus, AND pokemon still spawn while driving when using the plus. I guess bc you're not using your screen. Much safer.

Awesome, thanks! <3

After walking 500 miles with my Haunter, I finally decided it was time to switch out for someone new. It's all the Halloween event's fault, tossing Gastly candies at me like they were... candy ='(

I haven't actually been playing much lately, but I hope the 'leaked' rumors about 2nd gen at Christmas is true. I want to mix my complaints about too many Weedle and Pidgey with complaints about too many Sentret and Mareep.

After walking 500 miles with my Haunter,

500!? Geezums. I know I started a little late due to having to wait for a phone for my birthday (I started before buddies, though), but I've still only walked 215 km total (only about 130 mi). 500. That's a lot of candy-gettin' and egg-hatchin'.

500!? Geezums. I know I started a little late due to having to wait for a phone for my birthday (I started before buddies, though), but I've still only walked 215 km total (only about 130 mi). 500. That's a lot of candy-gettin' and egg-hatchin'.

And I would walk 500 more. Just to be the man who walked 1,000 miles. To fall down at your door.

Haha, I was just kidding =) I think I had 80km on my Haunter. I'm not the famous matathon walker the tabloids claim (I'd definitely have a Gyrados by now if I was).

And I would walk 500 more. Just to be the man who walked 1,000 miles. To fall down at your door.

Haha, I was just kidding =) I think I had 80km on my Haunter. I'm not the famous matathon walker the tabloids claim (I'd definitely have a Gyrados by now if I was).

Considering I only walk to school and back, I was fully prepared to believe your distance, lol.

yeah people getting the speeding message even when they're standing still is super common because of gps drift. fortunately it usually only lasts a few seconds before it realizes you're not speeding but.. man it's annoying if u have bad gps drift and get it a lot

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't do anything for the release of sun and moon? I'm enjoying the gen2 and legendary rumors flying around wildly though.

yeah people getting the speeding message even when they're standing still is super common because of gps drift. fortunately it usually only lasts a few seconds before it realizes you're not speeding but.. man it's annoying if u have bad gps drift and get it a lot

I like the GPS drift when it's not going too fast. I can sit still and hatch my eggs tongue.gif hahaha

But yeah I imagine it would be annoying if all it did was bring up the "I'm a passenger" thing.

----

It really sucks you can't do anything at driving speeds. I get why they did it, it just sucks that everyone is being punished for the stupid actions of a few.

OK, in my nearest vicinity there were three pokegyms taken over by my team (Mystic, to be exact), all of them on Level 10 of prestige with some really strong Pokemon defending them. One day I turned on the game and guess what? They were all taken down! Empty! I still have no idea how all three of them could have been overthrown so easily.

I had the same thing happened to me at the gym at the end of my street and the one 2 streets over from me both had a level 10 Pokémon and they were there for at least three weeks finally I woke up one morning and they were both a different color.

I'm down to two ultra balls and hatched a golden yesterday which got me a seaking. I'm also one koffing away from a breathtaking weezing. I wish it was a little nicer out and had a friend that liked to play Pokemon go so we could go somewhere and sit at pokestops.

Edited by water_angel