Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

The only disappointing thing about this event for me is that Porygon, that is meant to spawn much more often, is barely anywhere to be found, and when it does appear on the radar it's somewhere not even close to where I'm supposed to go next, and I'm not even thinking of chasing it down because it's so horribly cold here. And also I've only seen three Chanseys so obviously I won't be gathering enough candy to evolve one into a Blissy once gen2 drops. Plus, I'm also failing to catch a breathtaking Chansey to begin with.

On the other hand, one of the Lickitungs that I caught today is FINALLY breathtaking so I'm pleased. Hatched a 10km egg today... and got a decently terrible Kabuto from it. dry.gif I also hatched a Gastly from a 2km egg and I'm hoping for something like a Porygon from the next 5km egg that I'll try to walk all the way to hatching tomorrow.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

The problem with catching the rarer 'pink' pokemon is that the event doesn't change spawn locations - just frequency. So if you NEVER see chansey in your area, you still won't. If you see a lot of eggsecute and hardly any clefairy (me) you're going to see a LOT more eggsecute and... maybe a few more clefairy.

It doesn't make more rares likely to appear, sadly. Just increases the frequency of pink stuff you already have in the area.

I've never seen a wild porygon or a chansey here. Hatched my porygon from an egg. Still haven't seen any.

Well, Chansey and Lickitung do spawn around a pokestop where I've never seen them before, and Porygon was in different locations than the last time I saw it. Hopefully I'll see at least some more tomorrow since it's the final day of the event.

Edit: Caught so many Lickitungs that I now have around 430 candy just for them, which I think is the second type of candy I have the most of after Eevee candy (1344 or sth). One Chansey refused to stay inside any of my few pokeballs and I had to go get more three or four times, after which he despawned so I lost it. And the other ran away after one ultra ball thrown at it, so no, I'm not ready to get a Blissy once gen2 drops. dry.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Gen 2 is coming.

Hello, some VERY EXCITING news!

Hopefully Niantic can't possibly screw this up. I'm extra excited for new avatar customization options - I'm really tired of everyone looking the same.

Gen 2 is coming.

Hello, some VERY EXCITING news!

Hopefully Niantic can't possibly screw this up. I'm extra excited for new avatar customization options - I'm really tired of everyone looking the same.

LATER THIS WEEK? I am blown away by this! This is what I've been waiting for for so long!!! <3 wub.gif

Except that I'm still disappointed by the fact that I don't have a good IV Chansey or enough candy to evolve it into a Blissy. Hopefully gen2 results in more Chansey spawning for the sake of evolving it. biggrin.gif

Later this week!!!!! The 18th, Saturday, is the most likely date. Get hype! I'm excited, and it might actually drag me out of my depression for a bit.

Ooooooof course. I just evolved all my pokemon, so now they'll be releasing gen 2 evolutions. =\

Still haven't even hatched a gen 2.

Whatever. >_>

I'm super excited personally! Looking forward to catching a Totodile and Chikorita, and even a Marill! And so many others! I wonder if we'll ever see legendaries, though.

Mareep mareep mareep!!!!! And marill! So going for a walk when they come out I don't care that there is two feet of snow on the side walks!

And I get to put my go plus accessory to some good use! It came in the mail yesterday with my t shirts

Edited by water_angel

Okay... so... remember when I said I didn't see any Chanseys during the event? Scratch it. Literally next morning one appeared near local cafe that we frequent. My friend called me to wake me up for my first Chansey.

I also reported one trainer... because Kangaskhan + random array of letters is very suspicious, given that Kangaskhan don't appear in Finland. And the name didn't make any kind of sense... it's was "you smashed keyboard randomly" type of name.

But yeah, count me in too with the excitement! o3o I want Cyndaquil. But game... I'm still waiting for my simply amazing Charmander... <.<

But one thing I've noticed about my game though.

Whenever I catch something that is Simply Amazing... with one or two stats being maximum... it is terribly low CP.

Latest example is my Horsea, which was 12CP. So I have to seriously grind to make it into good fighter.

Anyone else had such experiences?

I have a few like that too. I'm not really into battling so I don't worry about it too much. I've never like the gym aspect of Pokemon anyway, I just love catching and collecting them.

I'm know I'm being a grumpy fuddy-duddy, but I can't afford the half hour trip to town + the half hour trip back to actually be able to play while I'm supposed to be finishing my thesis. I'd just really love to actually have some stuff to do up here besides walk. =x

I'm know I'm being a grumpy fuddy-duddy, but I can't afford the half hour trip to town + the half hour trip back to actually be able to play while I'm supposed to be finishing my thesis. I'd just really love to actually have some stuff to do up here besides walk. =x

Welcome to rural play! Feel my pain!

You may try downloading Ingress if you want more accessible pokestops; since Niantic makes pokestops from Ingress's map data, you can make portals in that game and they'll eventually become pokestops. Not 100% sure of the process since my phone doesn't have room for excess apps.

Welcome to rural play! Feel my pain!

You may try downloading Ingress if you want more accessible pokestops; since Niantic makes pokestops from Ingress's map data, you can make portals in that game and they'll eventually become pokestops. Not 100% sure of the process since my phone doesn't have room for excess apps.

It looks like Ingress also closed suggestions to making new portals - probably because they got overwhelmed with pokemon goers, lol.

Honestly, they should have a simple method to requesting new stops open, though. Like, if your are reaches a certain density, then you're not eligible, but if your area is under that density, then you can easily request more.

But one thing I've noticed about my game though.

Whenever I catch something that is Simply Amazing... with one or two stats being maximum... it is terribly low CP.

Latest example is my Horsea, which was 12CP. So I have to seriously grind to make it into good fighter.

Anyone else had such experiences?

That does happen from time to time. My Vulpix, Bellsprout and Shellder were very low on CP and with wonderful IVs, but I evolved them to Ninetales, Victreebell and Cloyster either way, so I just kept catching more of them until I gathered enough stardust and candy to make them all stronger by leveling them up over 1.000 CP. Tough work, but worth it. smile.gif

ALRIGHT SO -

I had a pokemon go update on my phone this morning, and downloaded it to get the new avatar customization (haven't seen anything about gen 2 itself...) which Niantic, to my annoyance, has managed to bungle.

The new customization is neater to navigate, though I wouldn't necessarily say it's easier... and I LIKE the option to remove pieces of your outfit entirely (bye ugly hat) but...

There's still hardly any options.... no new hair or hair colors... and they REMOVED some outfit options and re-colored them. Mostly the mystic stuff.

AND STILL NOTHING MATCHES!!!!!!!! This has been driving me UP THE WALL since day 1, a lot of the clothes just DON'T MATCH. I've still got nothing cool to wear, and it all still doesn't match. Like thanks for making the system pretty but I kinda wanted more options...?

Big let down... unless this is just setup for the actual update and they'll add new clothes later. ? ? ?

Edit: So.... it looks like maybe that might be the case? But it also looks like the new clothes might cost money, WEH

Edited by Kaini

Not only does the new update include new character customization options, but also... all our Pokemon have genders now! ohmy.gif Well, maybe not all of them (Staryu and Starmie, Porygon and Magnemite/Magneton not included. Also not Ditto). And I have some pretty interesting revelations.

I caught two breathtaking Mr. Mimes, one I meant to keep, and the other was meant to be a trade fodder in case trading ever becomes a thing. One of them is a male and the other is a female. blink.gif And my Golem is a female, my Flareon is a female, my Dratini and Dragonair are females, Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu are all male, Dragonite's a male... things got super interesting.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Snubbull is my first gen 2 pokemon! I'm happy with that. I love snubbull.

There were tons of gen 2s hanging around in the wild, but I think they must all be at houses because they never pop up along the road. You know, where they should reasonably be so I don't have to resort to trespassing...

lol @Kaini - yeah, it's kinda silly that we either have to be crayons or clashing. I'm not great at matching but even I noticed that when I created my character. xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Had to run out for a quick walk. Caught a ladyba murkrow, spin arak, misdreavous, and a natu. Saw a ledian and a wooper nearby but the snow was piled too high to get to them. Took the dark icy trail home and my battery died sad.gif guess I can't have gps and Bluetooth going at the same time. I'll try again tomorrow afternoon after work.

user posted image

So I spoke too soon

THOUGH THE SHOES STILL CLASH

I really, really wish I had some matching shoes. But I do like the new clothing as annoyed as I am that it cost me 5 bucks. I guess the premium clothes thing was logical to do, if annoying. :/

I stayed out for a couple hours and caught some gen2's! Evolved a bellossom (found a sun stone in a pokestop!) caught a sudowoodo, a noctowl, a totodile, various others. Nothing too exciting but a good start!

Oh and I caught two more ditto haha.

Pretty hyped to finally see some shadows again! I'm still missing 12 pokemon from gen 1 (apart from legendaries and region exclusives), but I'm getting excited for catching spinaraks and hoothoots now lol

Gen2 is finally here!!! wub.gif I have an Umbreon, an Espeon, a Murkrow, a Hoppip, a Ledian, a Wooper, a Quilava and a Crobat! I'm so happy. wub.gif And I already can't wait to get me more. I also have an up-grade, but I sadly need more Porygon candy to be able to get me a Porygon 2.

Edit: Also added a Ladyba, Snubull and Swinub to the pokedex. But something quite odd happened when I threw my first ball at the Snubull. The first time it shook with the pokemon inside, stars and some yellow steam appeared and it didn't struggle to get out any longer. It just stayed. blink.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Okay, so I went for an adventure of 3 hours of walking for Gen 2 pokemons =D

First Gen 2 caught: Natu

What I caught/saw from the entire walk:

Sentret, Furret (only one I didn't bother catching), Hoothoot, Ledyba (not caught), Chinchou, Natu, Xatu, Marill, Hoppip (saw, not caught) Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Gligar, Swinub, Piloswine (Caught simply amazing one with max HP/ATK! o3o No evolving required, yey!), Remoraid, Octillery (not caught), Mantine, and finally Houndour ♥

I also hatched Cleffa that was simply amazing with max HP/ATK. :3 Aside that evolved myself Crobat. So far no evolution items, but I am waiting for Kings Rock to evolve one of my simply amazing Slowpokes into Slowking.

As opposed to Silver Fox's situation about Porygon... I have enough candy, but I don't have the up-grade. Then again, I don't really have appropriate Porygon to evolve either.

Definitely looking forward to Dragon Scale to evolve Seadra with! o3o

EDIT:

Silver Fox, That was critical catch that guarantees pokemon getting caught. I experienced one myself too =D

Edited by Moonlightelf

EDIT:

Silver Fox, That was critical catch that guarantees pokemon getting caught. I experienced one myself too =D

Interesting! I was lucky because that was also a great throw, which increased my XP bonus. biggrin.gif

I have enough Onix candy to get a Steelix, but not the required item, I also have neither enough candy nor an appropriate Chansey to get a Blissy, and I'd love to catch another Oddish, evolve the one I have to a Gloom, then evolve my other Gloom into a Bellossom, and I'd like to evolve to a Slowking and a Kingdra. I have candy for both, but not the required object. smile.gif

By the way, while the Valentine's day event was still up, I went to one of the largest parks in Belgrade, where I caught FOUR CONSECUTIVE ONIX. I was baffled. blink.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Now that I remembered one thing regarding Gym Battles...

I today took down Mystic gym, but I noticed one worrying thing about the entire thing.

The gym in question had 1900+ Vaporeon and 2400+ Exeggutor

So... I have my trusty 2130 Jolteon to take care of pesky water types, while my 2619 Gyarados usually takes care of bigger fry. Of course, my Gyarados has Bite, being super effective against Psychic types. But I played with an idea of tossing my Jynx into battle instead, since she has two Ice moves.

Before the generation 2... I would have aced that gym through, no problemo. Usually Jolteon would just spam Thunder Shock until finishing with Thunder.

...today, the 1900+ Vaporeon almost wiped floor with my Jolteon. I'm not kidding.

So why was this possible?

Jolteon no longer could spam his Thunder Shock, having been reduced to same speed as the pokemon in gyms usually are. I wish I was kidding, but this is true. My Jolteon instantly fell to Exeggutor, so I sent Jynx out to deal with it. I did expect it to faint, certainly, so I let it faint.

Ohh Lordy what happened then... it broke my heart.

Gyarados... GO! *Solar Beam happens* ...Gyara...? It nearly wipe- *Psychic* ...okay, you're dead now...

Previously... that Solar Beam took only about half of Gyarados's 140 HP. Now it nearly OHKO'd him.

Exeggutors had never before won my Gyarados... Never. Not before the Gen 2 came.

Needless to say... I'm sad. >: