# Battles:

# Training:

~

Level: 27, 3/4 of the way to 28

km Walked: 332.6

Eggs Hatched: 100

# Battles: 407

# Training: 53

(I don't like training because there aren't many instinct gyms and the ones I find are usually only level 1 - 3, so training doesn't give much of a boost to the gym and it gives diddly squat for XP. lol)

Level: 28 (2/3 left to level 29)

km Walked: 474,3

Eggs Hatched: 157

# Battles: 50

# Training: 156

Since I have 6 gym defenders at the moment (and the greatest daily bonus since I started playing this game) training is obviously dominant compared to battles as I add my pokemon to team Mystic gyms close to prestige upgrade. biggrin.gif

My other accomplishments include: catching a wild Nidoking, catching another Jynx (they don't spawn that much around here), I'm more than halfway to evolving to a Gyarados without walking any of my two Magikarps, caught my first Hitmonchan, hatched three Igglybuffs (two in a row two days ago and one today), got more than 1.000 Eevee candy saved up for gen2, finding a breathtaking Omanyte to evolve to an Omastar when I get enough candy, getting closer to the Rock type gold medal, and today I also got not one, but TWO 10km eggs to walk when one of my 5km eggs hatches and I get a second incubator, I want to hatch them at the same time. biggrin.gif

Level: 27 (9/10 of the way to 28, very close)

km Walked: 350.9

Eggs Hatched: 297

# Battles (won): 337

# Training: 444

And more funsies:

# of pokemon caught: 3,578

Kanto pokedex: 127

pokestops spun: 2,350

And more funsies:

# of pokemon caught: 3,578

Kanto pokedex: 127

pokestops spun: 2,350

# of pokemon caught: 3,766

Kanto pokedex: 114

pokestops spun: 3,821

And I raise you...

# Evolved: 376

It's cool seeing how everyone's numbers vary! Even though I sometimes feel like there's not enough to do to level up, there is a variety of different things we all rely on...

~

Just need to walk Clefairy for five more candies, then I'm going to lucky egg evolve again but with only three unlocks: Clefable, Machoke, and Tentacruel.

I have some things I could walk for more unlocks (like I need vileplume, machamp, victreebel, wheezing, gyrados, dragonite, charizard, ivysaur, venusaur, and blastoise), but I've been walking for things I'm much closer to actually reaching the candy goal. Then there's some stuff I just still haven't seen head's nor tails of (muk/grimer). Plus, of course, regional specifics. =x

I have some things I could walk for more unlocks (like I need vileplume, machamp, victreebel, wheezing, gyrados, dragonite, charizard, ivysaur, venusaur, and blastoise), but I've been walking for things I'm much closer to actually reaching the candy goal. Then there's some stuff I just still haven't seen head's nor tails of (muk/grimer). Plus, of course, regional specifics. =x

I don't have my phone on me but I don't think I've ever seen a grimer either?

And I've only seen a koffing twice, caught it both times. Last time was a few days ago in a town 45 mins away. I just never see them?

Level: 27 1/2 to 28

km Walked: 292.5

Eggs Hatched: 94

# Battles: 719

# Training: 182

# of pokemon caught: 3,535

Kanto pokedex: 123

pokestops spun: 2,826

# Evolved: 261

As for Grimer... seems to be somewhat rare over here too. I've caught three, but they are pretty eluding.

I'm also getting closer to getting my second Gyarados. I do have two more simply amazing Magikarps, but after this current one, I'm gonna shift to another pokemon to gather candies for. Tired of watching flopping fishie.

Probably Bulbasaur so I can get my Venusaur finally. Then perhaps Bellsprout, Machop and then Abra... it ought to be somewhat solid plan unless there comes another event.

As for Grimer... seems to be somewhat rare over here too. I've caught three, but they are pretty eluding.

(Geez louise you've done a lot of battling.)

=o Anything special about where you saw grimer? Like water types tend to be near water?

Preemptive edit: Went to go look it up and found this:

How to get Grimer and Muk?

1. Broods an egg of 5 kilometers.

2. When the egg is about to hatch, evolve from 3 or more poison Pokémon.

3. When your egg hatches, you get a Grimer, allowing you to get a good amount of candy.

Wonder if it actually works. I have plenty of poison evolutions ready to go. Maybe I'll try this when I'm ready to lucky egg evolve. Send up a hail mary. Won't hurt since I'm going to evolve them anyway. =p

OK, as someone added more funsies I'll give my data again:

Level: 28 (2/3 left to 29)

km Walked: 477.9

Eggs Hatched: 158

# Battles: 50

# Training: 156

# of pokemon caught: 5.251

Kanto pokedex: 141

pokestops spun: 5.466

# Evolved: 476

Buddy: Dragonite (and now I'm asking you - who's your buddy?) wub.gif

Anyway, I never heard of this Grimer hatching thingy, but I'll give it a go for sure. I rarely see them in the wild, and I only caught one battle incompetent Muk. dry.gif So to hatch a breathtaking one I'll keep this in mind next time I walk a 5km egg as I'm currently incubating two 10km eggs. wub.gif I'm hoping for a Lapras, a better Snorlax or a gen2 baby that I don't have (Smoochum or Elekid). smile.gif

As for poison type spawning, Sock, especially when it comes to Grimer and Muk, I caught this Muk next to the children's hospital so I think there are no rules. I caught five Grimers in total, I don't even remember where I've seen them anymore. sad.gif

As for Koffing, I caught 21 of those, evolved one to a Weezing, and also caught a wild Weezing close to my grade school. tongue.gif

P.S: One more Ditto for me, which adds to the total of 13 seen and 13 caught. smile.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

(Geez louise you've done a lot of battling.)

(I blame my thirst to get those gyms daily... =3 At one point anyways.)

=o Anything special about where you saw grimer? Like water types tend to be near water?

Hmm... now that I think of it, it hasn't been exactly anything special, more like odd.

First one of the two places me and my friend recall are old city hall that has marketplace in-front of it. That one had one at the edge of the marketplace. The old city hall, of course, is PokéStop.

The second spot was at central park of our city that has memorial of sailing-ship time period (which is also PokéStop). This has also been spot for some starters like Bulbasaur and Squirtle, but Grimer has appeared there more often now.

Wonder if it actually works. I have plenty of poison evolutions ready to go. Maybe I'll try this when I'm ready to lucky egg evolve. Send up a hail mary. Won't hurt since I'm going to evolve them anyway. =p

I doubt this. I believe they are predetermined upon picking up the egg from PokéStop. In my experience, during the days when I got the free 1-time use incubators because of the arrival of baby pokemons, I hatched all my eggs I had then and stocked up on the eggs (because increased chances). As I have been hatching them, there has been more baby pokemons than my luck would allow to hatch.

And recently... after picking more eggs... no baby pokemons so far.

Current Buddy: Magikarp =D

Edited by Moonlightelf

I doubt this. I believe they are predetermined upon picking up the egg from PokéStop. In my experience, during the days when I got the free 1-time use incubators because of the arrival of baby pokemons, I hatched all my eggs I had then and stocked up on the eggs (because increased chances). As I have been hatching them, there has been more baby pokemons than my luck would allow to hatch.

And recently... after picking more eggs... no baby pokemons so far.

Now that I think of it I also think this. The moment you get the egg, it is determined what is going to hatch from it, and you can't tell until the moment of truth. tongue.gif

For example, I hatched three Igglybuffs since the event for hatching gen2 babies ended, so I think there are no rules either. Maybe just my luck, but sadly not a single Togepi so far, and some players even have a Togetic now. dry.gif

Now that I think of it I also think this. The moment you get the egg, it is determined what is going to hatch from it, and you can't tell until the moment of truth. tongue.gif

For example, I hatched three Igglybuffs since the event for hatching gen2 babies ended, so I think there are no rules either. Maybe just my luck, but sadly not a single Togepi so far, and some players even have a Togetic now. dry.gif

Togepi is my partner! Trying to get enough candy for togetic.

Okay, thanks to my pokemon defenders that are hanging in there beyond well, I managed to purchase two whole additional incubators, so right now I'm incubating a 5km egg and two 10km eggs, which I arranged to hatch at the same time. Looking forward to seeing what's coming out of those. wub.gif

Edit #1: Two Hitmonlees (one would have done it, plus not the best stats so kinda disappointing) and a Ponyta. dry.gif

Edit #2: I. FINALLY. EVOLVED. TO. A. BLASTOISE.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Sorry for double posting, but important update:

wub.gifPOKEMON GO! VALENTINE'S DAY EVENT wub.gif

All candy is doubled, buddies find more candy twice as fast, and also pink pokemon spawn more often (maybe this way I'll get a better Lickitung or at least my first ever Chansey).

Today was a bittersweet day - I caught a Dratini, and a wild Kadabra, plus I earned my rock pokemon gold medal and many more things, but also... I hatched another Hitmonlee with decently terrible stats, and another Dratini ran away. dry.gif

That would explain why I saw six Clefaries swarmed around my character in a circle like they were preparing a sacrifice.

Thanks for the head's up, Silver Fox! Honestly didn't expect a VDay event.

Kinda ruined me having Clefairy as my buddy, though, lol. I'll probably switch to Dratini for the duration of the event. Means I need to get up earlier so I can go for daily walks, though!

Chased a Chansey (would be my second) around today but couldn't find it. =_=

Okay, this Valentine's day event is really contributing to my progress! I caught countless Clefairies, twelve of them were part of my evolution spree using a lucky egg along with some commons, I caught a wild Porygon, some Mr. Mimes, quite some Jigglypuffs, several Lickitungs, a wild Kabutops and also my first and second ever Chansey. wub.gif The last 10km egg that I hatched resulted in a breathtaking Omanyte so guess who finally has her Omastar. wub.gif

Not a single Lickitung is breathtaking, and neither is any of my two Chansies, so I'm hoping to catch as many of them as I can, as well as Porygons, so I can save up as many candies as possible for gen2 once Niantic decides to drop it.

Also: FINALLY LEVEL 29!

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Urgh. Not too happy so far. Even lucky egg evolving with four unlocks wasn't enough to level up. And I've only caught one clefairy so far. Haven't even seen many other pink pokemon in my spotted. =\ Plus nobody in the instinct group answered if they'd like to go defeat some gyms with me.

On the good side, I'm pretty happy with the clefable I evolved.

Ooh that explains all the pink pokemon. I really hope I can find a Chansey! I still need my 3rd fairy badge too so this should be good.

Hatched a breathtaking Lapras yesterday from my 10k, my first Lapras. wub.gif

Hatched a breathtaking Lapras yesterday from my 10k, my first Lapras. wub.gif

I still have a 10km egg to hatch after I finish incubating the 5km I still have. And I really hope for a Lapras, especially since even the hatching candy is received in larger quantities than normally during this event. biggrin.gif

I caught four more Lickitungs today, not a single one is breathtaking. Mostly they're above average, or even not likely to make much headway in battle. dry.gif Many more Jigglypuffs caught as well, but not a single Porygon for today. I'm really hoping for more of them before this event ends.

One of the good things is that I hatched a Magnemite, evolved it to another Magneton, which added two more steel type pokemon to the total count, though I'm nowhere close to getting the silver medal. sad.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I finally hit 28 - my play had slowed dramatically with the lack of exciting updates, but I'm back with the valentines event.

I haven't found anything super exciting, caught a few jigglypuff and a TON of eggsecute (seriously they are EVERYWHERE in town, do they count as pink?? Because I've caught at least 20).

I have a bunch of 2k eggs about to hatch and a 10k warming up in like 2 more km.

I'm really hoping to get a chansey and some clefairy (still don't have clefable in my dex), but haven't seen either.

I haven't found anything super exciting, caught a few jigglypuff and a TON of eggsecute (seriously they are EVERYWHERE in town, do they count as pink?? Because I've caught at least 20).

Pokemon that count as pink are the following: Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Smoochum (increased chances of hatching it), Exeggcute, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Lickitung, Chansey, Porygon and Mr. Mime as a regional exclusive for Europe. I will add more names if I remember. wink.gif

Edit #1: Yeah, that's it when it comes to pink pokemon. Anyway, also this event lure modules have been set to last for six hours non stop. wink.gif

Edit#2: Niantic also changed some hatching things - many pokemon that hatched from 5km eggs can now hatch from 2km eggs, and Scyther, Pinsir and Onyx have downgraded to 5km from 10km eggs. smile.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Took a trip to town yesterday. Thank goodness. Much better event happenings than here. =\ Caught a few exeggcute, chansey, and lickitung. I caught one exeggutor months ago, but it was pretty low CP. Can't wait to be able to finally evolve and exeggcute.

I've given up on hatching a gen 2, though. >_>

~

Good news on scyther. I haven't had a 10k in forever and haven't unlocked scyther yet.

Okay... we have Charmander and Omanyte nest nearby. And had quite a few Scythers appear. And Lapras has been seen at Omanyte nest too.

Aside that, I've caught my first Lickitung... though I haven't seen even single Chansey during the event yet. Lots of Jigglypuffs though.

Either way... two days ago we went after the said Charmanders... and we picked up Jigglypuff that was simply amazing with all stats at wow. :3 My first perfect IV Pokémon in fact.

I haven't seen a Chansey or Clefairy with this Valentine's event, but have caught several Lickitung, Exeggcute, Slobros, and a couple of Jigglypuff. I'm hunting whenever I can but with 4 kids and work its hard to find time.

Also living in a small town in rural Nebraska doesn't help matters any. The only gym in town is usually held by Mystic. I'm not too sure hiw many other Instinct trainers are here in town.

I haven't seen a Chansey or Clefairy with this Valentine's event, but have caught several Lickitung, Exeggcute, Slobros, and a couple of Jigglypuff. I'm hunting whenever I can but with 4 kids and work its hard to find time.

Also living in a small town in rural Nebraska doesn't help matters any. The only gym in town is usually held by Mystic. I'm not too sure hiw many other Instinct trainers are here in town.

Switch you some clefairy for some slowpoke! I've only hatched one slowpoke. Could use more candies to get to evolve it. xP

Hear you on the gym pain. I even found an instinct group for my area on facebook to beg for some people to go battle gyms with me (even offering to drive the half hour into town as I can't find anyone local). Got a few likes but no takers. D: