Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I'm catching more and more christmas pikachu, which is nice - for a while there I was afraid I wouldn't get any at all. I'll admit I caved and bought one of the boxes that are on sale in the shop - 100 pokeballs certainly helped. I'm still annoyed by how few stops give out - you have to buy balls to play :/

A 900 cp charmeleon ran away from me, which was frustrating! tongue.gif

I purchased 20 pokeballs with my 100 coins to catch a Bulbasaur that ran away in the end, so there. tongue.gif But thanks to what I did I caught the Charizard I mentioned, so I don't regret it anymore. biggrin.gif

Hope my Golem and my Vileplume hold on and stay for some time in the gyms they're defending for me to save up some more poke coins to buy more Pokemon storage. And an incubator or so. tongue.gif

Has anybody else been having an issue with battling being laggy? Time ticks on as normal, but hit counters and attack bars keep resetting in the middle of the fight (so today I got kicked out because my oppoent's health bar reset to full with 30 seconds left, right before I would have beat them...). Plus, it lags and doesn't move my character to doge until a couple seconds after I try.

Going to try restarting my phone, but just wondering if anybody else is having the same issues. D:

~

Good news is I actually did manage to get a defender bonus today, so whatever blooped earlier seems fine now. o.o

Has anybody else been having an issue with battling being laggy? Time ticks on as normal, but hit counters and attack bars keep resetting in the middle of the fight (so today I got kicked out because my oppoent's health bar reset to full with 30 seconds left, right before I would have beat them...). Plus, it lags and doesn't move my character to doge until a couple seconds after I try.

Going to try restarting my phone, but just wondering if anybody else is having the same issues. D:

~

Good news is I actually did manage to get a defender bonus today, so whatever blooped earlier seems fine now. o.o

Funny, I never had such issues. The only gym battle lagging I have is that not all attacks show during battle when you perform them, but everything else is pretty much fine. blink.gif I sure hope it gets resolved, though.

This is the second time that I'm forced to purchase pokeballs from my piled up defender bonus. The first time was when I ran out of them, and I wasn't close enough to a single unused pokestop at the time, and now because it's minus 1.000 degrees and I can't leave the house without having icicles peeking out of my nostrils, and I want to do the first catch of the day thing and get bonus stardust to power up my pokemon to be future gym defenders. Day 6 for that so far, hopefully I don't run out of them by tomorrow so that I can get the largest bonus on day 7. smile.gif Looks like I'll be waiting forever to purchase additional pokemon space or another egg incubator since I only have the one that can be used an infinite number of times, currently occupied. dry.gif

In four days, though, I'll surely leave the house due to obligations I have for college. That means I'll be in the city center and then BAM! One pokestop after another, all 10m apart. Hopefully that day provides me with enough pokeballs to catch something that pops up in my room every once in a while. wink.gif

Also, I can't wait for gen2 pokemon to be introduced, hopefully there'll be more eeveelutions, I have three breathtaking Eeevees to evolve, and one has awesome HP, attack and defense. It's gonna be a monstrous battler someday, hopefully an Umbreon or an Espeon. biggrin.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Funny, I never had such issues. The only gym battle lagging I have is that not all attacks show during battle when you perform them, but everything else is pretty much fine. blink.gif I sure hope it gets resolved, though.

Thanks! If other people aren't seeing that, then hopefully it was just my phone and the reboot will fix it. I'll have to drive to the post office to check it out. =x

(Also waiting for more eevelutions! I still haven't even hatched a gen 2 egg yet - though I am pleased I hatched a second magikarp.)

(Also waiting for more eevelutions! I still haven't even hatched a gen 2 egg yet - though I am pleased I hatched a second magikarp.)

I'd be thrilled to be able to evolve to an Espeon or Umbreon somewhere in the near future! wub.gif Speaking of gen2 eggs, so far I hatched a Cleffa and a Magby. I have a feeling that I'll be struggling to hatch a Togepi since my favourite Pokemon GO! youtuber (fellow team Mystic member) thought he was cursed. tongue.gif

I hatched a Togepi! You can evolve it into togetic too. I've also hatched a magby ohmy.gif

I hatched a Togepi! You can evolve it into togetic too. I've also hatched a magby ohmy.gif

Aaaah, congrats! I can't wait until I feel better so I can go walking. I want a togepi really badly.

Aaaah, congrats! I can't wait until I feel better so I can go walking. I want a togepi really badly.

Me too, I'd like to have two Togepis so one can become a Togetic at some point. biggrin.gif

Me too, I'd like to have two Togepis so one can become a Togetic at some point. biggrin.gif

*fist bumps* Good luck to you!

(On a similar note, SO tired of hatching ponyta. Got a ton of them in WY, have a dozen rapidash not counting the plenty I traded in, they're not good battlers. Give me something new or something I need candy for! Dx )

~

UGH. Spent like an hour and a half defeating the level 10 post office gym. It's only been a 6 or 7 every other time I've been there, so I wasn't expecting to be there battling that long. (I was pretty ridiculously determined to beat one gym over here and once I got halfway, I couldn't give up!) Good news is that I got a couple thousand experience and took the gym. Bad news is that I spent way too long there, am now really low on potions, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only non-Mystic down here, so I know I'm gonna lose the gym quickly. Butts, you have all the other gyms down here - just let me get a few days worth of coins. D:

For the sake of college I had to get out of the house and go to the city centre so I had a chance to stack up on pokeballs and FINALLY get some razz berries (can't believe I used to have so many that I had to get rid of some to make room for pokeballs). Also I saw a level 6 gym occupied by team Valor and when I kicked three pokemon out of it, I ran out of battery and had to stop. dry.gif I also found a fellow team Mystic level 8 gym which I upgraded to level 9 and left my breathtaking Machamp with great defense stats, and it was the third pokemon from the bottom, but he got kicked out before I could pick up his share of the defender bonus. sad.gif Thankfully, my Golem and Vileplume remain in their respective gyms and help me save up pokecoins and gather stardust.

I finally got a breathtaking Rhydon and Starmie, and I'm one psychic pokemon away from getting the gold medal for the type. smile.gif

Edit: Does anyone know how long a pokemon can stay unrevived/fainted? And will I lose them if they stay in that state for too long? I currently have no more revives left and at least five of them are still fainted from training.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I had a few of mine fainted for a few days because I forgot that they had been defeated. I don't think they would leave your party, just like the games don't release your Pokemon just for being fainted

I had a few of mine fainted for a few days because I forgot that they had been defeated. I don't think they would leave your party, just like the games don't release your Pokemon just for being fainted

Well, in that case, I don't need to worry one bit. smile.gif They'll stay fainted until tomorrow because there is no way for me to find five more revives today. sad.gif

Edit #1: I caught a wild 2043 CP Golem today (which is the strongest wild Pokemon I ever caught), and also earned a gold medal for psychic type pokemon by catching a Mr. Mime. Apparently it's the only region exclusive Pokemon I'll ever have. dry.gif

Speaking of, does anyone know if they really are region exclusives or is it just a rumor? Did anyone outside of Europe catch or hatch a Mr. Mime, for example?

Edit #2: I found another team Mystic gym in the area where I live and that I could walk to (I upgraded it to level 5 and added my Kingler to it, third from the bottom, hope he stays there for a while, including my other pokemon, because tomorrow I should be able to buy more pokemon space thanks to their defender bonuses) and although I had hopes that my 5km egg that was incubated would give me a Togepi, or at least a Pichu, or something useful, it was aaaaaaaaaaaaaa... a Slowpoke. dry.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Speaking of, does anyone know if they really are region exclusives or is it just a rumor? Did anyone outside of Europe catch or hatch a Mr. Mime, for example?

No they really are region exclusive. I live in the US so I only catch Tauros. I will never see a Mr. Mime or a Farfetch'd.

Currently the only way to get all the region exclusives is to physically travel to other countries. (Edit: OR bot I guess, but you'll get banned for that). People have made the pilgrimage and done it but it's frustrating you have to be rich and have the money to take vacations to get all the pokemon.

I'm hoping when trading comes out, we can trade long distance.

Edited by Kaini

I'm hoping when trading comes out, we can trade long distance.

Me too, because I know for sure that I won't be able to go anywhere outside of Europe in the near future. And I really want to catch them all, so if trading comes out I'd be happy to save up some Mr. Mimes and trade them for other regions' exclusives. smile.gif

Charmanders and Squirtles have become really hard to catch, so it looks like I won't be evolving to a Charizard or Blastoise anytime soon either. sad.gif

we should organize something here to trade between us when trading does come out. That way we're guaranteed to get the exclusives for both gen 1 and 2. Cuz you know they'll have region exclusives too.

we should organize something here to trade between us when trading does come out. That way we're guaranteed to get the exclusives for both gen 1 and 2. Cuz you know they'll have region exclusives too.

I'm in for this! /southwest US for the moment

I'm in for this! /southwest US for the moment

I agree as well! Europe over here. biggrin.gif

In the news for pokemon go there's actually a lot of buzz about them unlocking region locked pokemon, though it all just sounds like unsubstantiated rumors. Not sure where these news sites are getting this hubbub, but it seems like once ONE makes something up they all jump on it. Not sure.

I'm afraid that would also mean they haven't gotten anywhere on making trading a thing.

excellent, I'm Northeast US, so we just need asia and australia? I'm not sure if africa has any exclusives.

excellent, I'm Northeast US, so we just need asia and australia? I'm not sure if africa has any exclusives.

I think not. This is what I found:

user posted image

Count on me for sure if the trading comes out as a thing. smile.gif

Anyway, I managed to revive some of my Pokemon without the revive (those are really rare lately, I barely get any from Pokestops I come across) by leveling them up. They get 1HP, but it's enough for me to recover them entirely by spraying potions on them. I still have some that remain fainted, though, I run out of stardust literally the same day. sad.gif

I FINALLY CAUGHT A DITTO

Sitting in my living room watching M*A*S*H. When I least expected the little turd.

I FINALLY CAUGHT A DITTO

Sitting in my living room watching M*A*S*H. When I least expected the little turd.

Congrats! biggrin.gif So happy for you, I know how much you were looking forward to it.

I have a total of 11 caught Dittos since they started dropping. My Machamp got kicked out of the gym he was defending, but at least the other three remain to help me save up for an additional incubator. Egg hatching is by far my weakest part of gameplay, I can't wait to reach level 30 and get three three-use incubators and actually do some hatching. Which means... three levels to go. dry.gif

Update: OK... I took some time to go out today, and seeing that I'm almost level 28 I decided to keep some pokemon I don't need and have enough candy for, and evolve them all at once back home (even though I don't have a single lucky egg). And it worked!!! Unexpectedly I got a breathtaking Gloom (with moonblast attack, which I didn't know it could have), and transferred all the others. Caught another Magnemite, so that's another steel type pokemon, and now I'm level 28. Two more levels and:

*Max revives

*three additional incubators

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Shoot. My vaporeon was kicked out of a gym minutes before my defender bonus. =_= Already almost out of pokeballs again and I'm only up to 70 coins. Good news is, I did actually build up my ultra and great balls again. Still very low on potions, though. Can't battle for a while until I get more.

I'm in Australia I'd be up for trading if we get it. cool.gif

Hatched a pretty nice Snorlax the other day and only 10 candies from getting Machamp.

My four gym defenders are hanging in there pretty well, so I claimed 40 poke coins and 2000 stardust bonus this morning. smile.gif Got a few pokeballs and got my pokestop and catch bonus, working on leveling up my Exeguttor to be my next gym defender. He's way too slow during battle and he's better off that way. As planned, I purchased a lucky egg for when I get close to level 29, and when I get enough poke coins I'll buy another for reaching level 30 because I think things are gonna go so slow. dry.gif

Edit #1: Level of despair and eagerness to evolve to a Gyarados: I got out of the house on -9 degrees Celsius to catch a Magikarp that spawned across the street.

Edit #2: Guess who got out when a Koffing spawned nearby? Me! But it was worth it, it was a breathtaking specimen so I FINALLY got my first Weezing. Also hatched a Pichu and another Staryu. But when I got back inside I saw that a LAPRAS spawned a bit further away and I really couldn't get out to chase after it. I'll get a Lapras eventually for sure.

Edited by *Silver Fox*